Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech

Superb 962 Total Reviews
Superb 962 Total Reviews

• Poland, Mixed Group, 18-24
12th Jun 2017

This hostel is absolutely amazing - has an incredible local atmosphere and gives a sense of security in this a little bit crazy city. My cup of mint tea was always full - I had feeling of being home ️ extraordinarily friendly, helpful and full of local knowledge. Moreover, Waka Waka Hostel is located is in the heart of Marrakesh and it is easy to walk from there to all the most important places in the city!

• Netherlands, Male, 18-24
11th Jun 2017

Hocain and Othmen gave me a feeling of being home. When my cup of mint tea was empty, they immediately filled it again. They invited me for dinner, so I came in touch with Moroccan food. And if I wanted to book a taxi or tour, they helped me immediately. They belong to the staff, but it does not feel like that at all: something which is really good for me.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
9th Jun 2017

I had an amazing time at hostel Waka Waka.!!! The staff are absolute legends and are always happy to help. Really good vibe throughout the whole place. Very clean and comfortable beds. I fractured my ribs whilst I was over there and the guys there helped me with whatever I needed and we're always bring me tea and fruit. Would definitely recommend staying here. Ill be back for sure 🤘

• USA, Male, 18-24
7th Jun 2017

The hostel's location was convenient, a very short walk from the main square. The staff was super friendly, I really felt like I was welcome here. They were kind enough to share their culture with me and teach me about Ramadam; they emphasized how important sharing was to them as they shared their dinner with me and a couple others that were around. I left for a couple days for a desert tour and they were super cool letting me leave my belongings in a safe place. I'd definitely stay here again!

6th Jun 2017
5.7

BED BUGS! They are invaded with bed bugs! They are in the couches (saw the cleaning lady itching herself after laying on a couch). Found them in the cracks of the bed and tried sleeping on the couches and then they started crawling out from the couches. After leaving the hostel, they were all infested in my bag, I had to deal with them at my next destination, found 5 crawling in my backpack at the airport. The hostel had awesome staff, but unfortunately I would not recommend until they fix this.

• China, Female, 18-24
27th May 2017

The atmosphere is very good! Hope it can be more cleaner.

• Poland, Male, 25-30
21st May 2017
6.6

- The dorm gave us bedbugs, and we had to leave 260 dhr in the pharmacy on the next - No air movement, it's hot and sultry. No fan. + Good price + Nice staff + Steady internet connection All in all, would not recommend.

• England, Couple, 18-24
17th May 2017

This is simply the most welcoming hostel in the world! This is the second time I have stayed each time bringing different friends to enjoy waka waka. This time was even better than the last, how such an open and caring place of friends could becme even more special and beautiful is beyond me! Its worth the money just for the unlimited mint tea, shisha, and sensational breakfast! The guys who run it Hussain and Uthman are the greatest hosts! There hospitality is humbling! YOU MUST STAY HERE!

• Canada, Male, 25-30
11th May 2017

Hocein and Ottman made me feel at home in welcoming me at Waka Waka and through the duration of my stay. Thanks guys. Learned about Moroccan culture, enjoyed group dinners, and was showed around the local market and nightlife! Would definitely stay again.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
1st May 2017

Amazing vibe. Great staff, fun and knowledgable vibe.