Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Sabai, 13, Marrakech, Morocco

I had a very good time at this hostel, spent a total of four nights there in December 2014. Great place to meet other travellers. I was able to explore the Medina with the other people I met along the way. Fun goes later into the evening here so if you're looking for a place to just sleep it won't be quiet until a little later on, but might as well join in and enjoy the festivities. I was here on a Sunday night and they even cooked dinner and brought in some live music too.

• 14th Dec 2014

Really great place, staff are wonderful, Hussein is a legend. They threw us a dinner/party for free, they're generous and theres always a good atmosphere, perfect place to meet people. Beds were comfortable and the place looks really nice. Very convenient location once you remember how to find the place. People should be aware that it can be noisy at night, and theres not enough bathrooms, but overall, great hostel and when I was back in Marrakech i didn't even think about going anywhere else.

I spent a good time at the hostel waka waka, atmosphere hostel is very nice, and staff also always seeks help .. the hostel is comfortable and clean. Recommend the trip to Sahara that is very good.

• 8th Dec 2014

staff here is very helpful!

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

One of the best hostels I've stayed in and it definitely made my stay in Marrakech. The atmosphere is unrivalled and the staff are great.

Hands down best hostel I've ever stayed at. Incredible atmosphere and hospitality. Props to Hussein and his staff for making our stay so enjoyable. Would recommend Waka Waka to anybody. Shukran!

Fun hostel if you want to meet people and stay up the night.

Waka Waka was one of the best hostels I stayed at during my trip in Morocco. It is a great place to meet other travelers, especially if you travel solo. The atmosphere at the hostel is very social and in the evening the guests sit together drinking tea or beer listening to music, sometimes played live by a talented young Moroccan guy. That having said it is of course also true that Waka Waka will probably disappoint you if you look for a quiet place, where you can sleep a lot...

Had a fantastic time here. Did the excursion to the desert a really fair deal for an amazing experience. Hostel is just a little hard to find, but the staff happily pick you up and help you get around. Great hostel.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Waka Waka is our favorite hostel in Morocco. We had a great time and hosts are very nice, kindly, helpful, The atmosphere in hostel are positive, fun, a lot of young people, The rooftop is a good place to chill and hang out with other travelers, We will come back again and again, :)

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

This was honestly the best hostel I've ever stayed in! As soon as we arrived, we were greeted with free tea, crackers, and shisha. There was also a cute Moroccan boy playing the guitar and singing in the lobby. There was a great community feel in the hostel, because everyone would hang out together there. The entire staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. They gave us lots of advice on what to do in the city, and they help organize excursions to the desert, mountains, etc. I HIGHLY recommend i

What a great atmosphere! Loved the common room, the constant incense, hookah, and the guitar player! (Don't quite know where he came from, but he was great). Wifi was fair, bathrooms left much to be desired, but beds were comfy and everyone was very nice and helfpul. Locatin was great, short walk to main square and in a safe area.

I had a great 3 nights in this Hostel. It's in a great location, a little tricky to find but it's Marrakesh - everything is! The place is kept immaculate clean and tidy but could probably do with a bit of investment here and there. Great value for money and the staff worked non-stop to make sure everyone enjoyed their stay including endless tea!

Waka Waka is like a second home. There are not enough characters within this comments section to allow me to explain how fantastic and wonderful Hussein and the team are. Trust me, I've already tried. Twice. Friendly, courteous, and so, so incredibly helpful with everything I possibly could have asked for help with. Waka Waka attracts the best travellers I've yet to meet, and gives them the perfect place to get to know each other and plan new adventures together. From my heart, Shukran.

• 11th Nov 2014

Amazing staff lead by Hussein, the staff is always available and up to help you. I would go back for sure!

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

The Staff was AMAZING !!! So kind !! Funny & very helpfull :-D Bravo & choukrane

Extended my stay for a while, staff is so amazing and helpful! Super chill and very social. Ambiance is amazing too, I went back already and will again!

This is a great hostel. The guys in charge are top notch and very friendly. They go above and beyond to make you happy. It is a really good place to meet other like minded travelers, or if you so wish, to chill on your own.

• 2nd Nov 2014

Very social place just outside the noise from the big square. Nice place and good value for the money if you can ignore the very loud music played just outside your door (curtains) all day long. The staff seemed a bit like they didn't care when we found a mouse in our room - and it was still there the next day. Lazy attitude!

We loved our stay at Waka Waka hostel! The staff were super friendly and helpful towards us which made for a more memorable experience in Marrakech. We loved the Moroccan tea and the shesha that the hostel provided! Great location - felt very safe staying here. Great music playing. Would definitely stay here again! Love the New Zealanders, Lauren & Henny.

« first « Prev 1 2 3