Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Sabai, 13, Marrakech, Morocco

The ground floor room was a bit cold !_! But except it, everything was nice !!!! Especially I liked the host!

Nice little hostel, definitely recommend. The only negative is that when you pay, they want you to pay a "fixed" exchange rate which could work out a few euros/pounds more. Thought It was a bit cheeky, but hey Marrakech is a bit cheeky ;)

I stayed in this hostel because it was both cheap and had good reviews. And after staying here, I see why. The price is great and breakfast is included. The hostel is clean and very relaxed. Importantly, the hostel feels safe, the showers are hot and the staff are very welcoming. The staff give out free towels and tea and have locked up my valuables whenever requested. People here right now are playing guitars, doing yoga, sunbathing and sipping tea. A wonderful atmosphere for a getaway.

• 13th Jan 2016

best hostel in Marrakesh. Great relaxed atmosphere no pressure to do anything or be anything; just enjoy sit back and take Morocco in. Picture a standard hostel in your head where you imagine your crazy adventure ending up at for a cheap night or two, it's basically this place. Can't go wrong.

• 12th Jan 2016
  • British Virgin Islands

Waka Waka hostel is a fantastic hostel, great value, arty interiors and 24/7 tea. What more could you want.

Very nice hostel, close to the center, with lots of space on the roof, good kitchen, comfortable beds, poor bathrooms, but good internet connection, and nice & helpful stuff :) Can easily recommend it, value for money.

Great location, nice chilling environment and a good staff!

Please change the linnen more often. They didn't change it after one gues left.

• 6th Jan 2016
  • Denmark

Extremely friendly and helpful staff! Good location close to the medina and food markets. Need to pay a bit more attention to making sure the toilets have toilet paper and soap but other than that was a great stay!

Waka Waka is a home away from home. I especially felt this on my return journey to Marrakech when the wonderful staff let me hang out here until I had to go to the airport. Big shout out to Jawwad and Nacer for making me feel so at home!

Excellent place. Nacer and Jawad are really nice and friendly. I recommend this hostel for everyone who would like to live a chill experience in the center of Marrakech and meet great people :).

• 31st Dec 2015

Me and my girlfriend from Hong Kong, and doing our round the world trip. We had booked waka waka hostel in Marrakech for the first night, but since the hostel and staffs was super good, we end up extended our stayed for few more days. Especially the staffs and manager Nicir and Jaward was super nice and friendly. They are super funny and welcoming us. Also, they provided us many suggestion and information about travelling in Marrakech. We feel like home more than a hostel. Just book now!

Second time I stay in this wonderful hostel! Very good vibes with all the guests and the crew, who are always eager to help you out with anything you might need, from tours to really local advice, tea, shisha, playing your favourite song in the common area... is like everyone is a friend and everyone shares and helps. Keep rocking Marrakech! special cheers for Oussama, Nassr and Jawad!!

• 20th Dec 2015
  • Spain

Amazing stay, so good place to relaxing and fun , have amazing reception with big smile he is Mr Jawad ,he help us for every thing he cook the big Moroccan breakfast ,if you wanna ask any question he is happy to help you with bigg heart , I looove this hostel and the people work here , I wanna say thank you so much Jawad for everything Chokran :)

Its a lovelly place, we initially planned to stay for only one day and we ended up coming back and booking a three days trip in the desert. The staff (Jawad and Nacer) are really friendly and helpful. The hostel is really well located, in the center of the city, very close to the square Jamaa el fna.

It a great stay in wakawaka. Great location. Great people.

Great hostel! Perfect.

After a few weeks or a few months a tourist is often in a rush to come home. A traveller who does not desireless to belong to any płace more than another moves slowly, for years, to the end of the Earth. Feel like a traveller, enter the Waka Waka.

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Poland

Me an my friends stayed 4 days in Waka Waka. The Owner Jewed and his working colleague Mourad made our stay very comfortable. Allways friendly and helpfull. They told us a lot about the City, the things you can do in Marrakesh and also made us every morning some fresh and delicious breakfast. The only thing we did not like about the Waka Waka was sometimes the Wifi. So all together, we ve had a nice Trip in Marrakesh.

Upon arrival in Marrakech we were slightly disorientated and unsure of how to handle this incredibly different culture we were suddenly experiencing but the second we stepped through the door at Waka Waka this changed. We were greeted by Mourrad and Jawad who gave us the warmest of welcomes and before long we had formed great friendships with them. They gave us incredible advice, were extremely attentive to all guests and provided an incredible experience! Words cannot thank them enough!

• 24th Nov 2015