Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Sabai, 13, Marrakech, Morocco

I really recommend! Lovely atmosphere.

• 2nd Mar 2015

The hostel's atmosphere is great and the breakfast is very good, however the bathrooms are awful and there are not lockers or a luggage room, so there isn't much security for our stuff. The staff was really helpful and nice, but they were also disorganized and they had a problem with overbooking. When my group came back from the desert trip, they had to move us to another hostel, even though we had a reservation there. The same thing happened to other group while we were there.

The staff are the best staff in the world. They are so helpful, nice, friendly and kind. Come to Waka Waka if you want to be treated like royalty. Can't say enough good things about this place, its awesome.

Good hostel. Good atmosphere. Well worth the money.

• 21st Feb 2015

I have stayed at hostels in Singapore, Malaysia, Spain, India and Thailand, many were good but none can compare to Waka Waka. This establishment is the finest accommodation I have ever had the pleasure of staying in, if you come to Marrakesh you must stay at Waka Waka for the full experience, without Waka Waka you will be missing out. The beds are very comfy, breakfast is delicious, the shisha is delightful and the mint tea (Berber whiskey) is simply divine.

Very helpful staff, fun atmosphere, helpful with tours, close to centre of medina

Waka Waka was the best hostel that I stayed in my last trip. It was not the most confortable or the most beatifull, but its atmosphere was so amazing that we can disclose about the other things. The Staff was amazing, points to Houssein and Anis.

The best Hostel in Marrakech, for sure! Clean, next to the main square, berber breakfast included, cheap, great staff..what else? ;) I really enjoyed.

I've stayed at multiple hostels in Marrakech and Waka Waka is by far the best! The atmosphere here is second to none and it is a great place to meet fellow travellers. But the definite highlight is the staff- who could not have been more welcoming and helpful and really make you feel at home while staying at their hostel. In particular thank you Houcain and anis for making my time in Marrakech the best that it could be!

• 11th Feb 2015

If you stay in Marrakech you should stay in Waka waka. Location is good, but best thing in there is the atmosphere and amazing staff. They help you with everything you need and make you feel like home in Marrakech.

Halum sulikhum. This hostel was awesome! Huss and Anis were great hosts. They booked an amazing desert tour for me. They wrote down a list of spices and prices for me to purchase from the store to make a tagine. They mqde sure my luggqge was securely locked away when I went on trips. All in all a very good place to stay. I highly recommend it!

• 10th Feb 2015

Beautiful hostel with wonderful friendly staff :)

• 9th Feb 2015

Amazing atmosphere at this hostel.

We did not get to stay in waka waka hostel so cannot give a review on it.We had booked four nights for seven people and a taxi transfer.When we arrive we were drop at the square and taken to rainbow hostel.It was only then we were imform that Waka Waka was not available even though we has a confirmed booking from hostelworld and an email from waka waka confirming as well.After that we had enjoyable stay in the rainbow hostel.

• 4th Feb 2015

Superb located within the Medina, Hostel Waka Waka is a brilliant place to stay while exploring Marrakesh. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Only reason I docked a mark is because the taxi booked through the hostel didn't arrive at the airport, and were stung for the fare.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice bread breakfast. Good and helpful staff, book tours for you and help you out if you have any questions. Playing music and hanging out in lobby until around midnight every night, so if you are looking to have a good time it's a great hostel, but for relaxing and sleeping early you may want to look elsewhere.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Iceland

It's pretty damn difficult to find if you do not have the directions but just the address. Like in most moroccan cities, maps don't really get you anywhere, so follow the directions and don't get somebody to guide you. The hostel in itself sports a great atmosphere, tea is served any time of the day and you get what you expect and way more for the price. Would highly recommend. Only downside: in the winter it gets really really cold at night, but the blankets will work their magic for you.

• 31st Jan 2015

It is a verry nice hostel. The staff is great and atmosphere is social and good!

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Denmark

Waka waka was the best experience related to hostels I had in Marrakesh. Very clean place, very well located and the staffs are fantastic, very helpful.

• 23rd Jan 2015

While the hostel is in a good location the facilities were less than ideal for someone used to staying in Europe's well kept hostels. There's only two washrooms for the entire hostel and the showers are inside the same little room as the toilet and sink. Since it's a riad style accommodation all of the rooms open up into the main common area - this wasn't great for sleeping as the noise in the main common area went on until 3-4am. The staff were great though, very hospitable!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4