Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Sabai, 13, Marrakech, Morocco

Had a fantastic time here. Did the excursion to the desert a really fair deal for an amazing experience. Hostel is just a little hard to find, but the staff happily pick you up and help you get around. Great hostel.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Waka Waka is our favorite hostel in Morocco. We had a great time and hosts are very nice, kindly, helpful, The atmosphere in hostel are positive, fun, a lot of young people, The rooftop is a good place to chill and hang out with other travelers, We will come back again and again, :)

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

This was honestly the best hostel I've ever stayed in! As soon as we arrived, we were greeted with free tea, crackers, and shisha. There was also a cute Moroccan boy playing the guitar and singing in the lobby. There was a great community feel in the hostel, because everyone would hang out together there. The entire staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. They gave us lots of advice on what to do in the city, and they help organize excursions to the desert, mountains, etc. I HIGHLY recommend i

I had a great 3 nights in this Hostel. It's in a great location, a little tricky to find but it's Marrakesh - everything is! The place is kept immaculate clean and tidy but could probably do with a bit of investment here and there. Great value for money and the staff worked non-stop to make sure everyone enjoyed their stay including endless tea!

Waka Waka is like a second home. There are not enough characters within this comments section to allow me to explain how fantastic and wonderful Hussein and the team are. Trust me, I've already tried. Twice. Friendly, courteous, and so, so incredibly helpful with everything I possibly could have asked for help with. Waka Waka attracts the best travellers I've yet to meet, and gives them the perfect place to get to know each other and plan new adventures together. From my heart, Shukran.

• 11th Nov 2014

Amazing staff lead by Hussein, the staff is always available and up to help you. I would go back for sure!

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

The Staff was AMAZING !!! So kind !! Funny & very helpfull :-D Bravo & choukrane

Extended my stay for a while, staff is so amazing and helpful! Super chill and very social. Ambiance is amazing too, I went back already and will again!

This is a great hostel. The guys in charge are top notch and very friendly. They go above and beyond to make you happy. It is a really good place to meet other like minded travelers, or if you so wish, to chill on your own.

• 2nd Nov 2014

Very social place just outside the noise from the big square. Nice place and good value for the money if you can ignore the very loud music played just outside your door (curtains) all day long. The staff seemed a bit like they didn't care when we found a mouse in our room - and it was still there the next day. Lazy attitude!

We loved our stay at Waka Waka hostel! The staff were super friendly and helpful towards us which made for a more memorable experience in Marrakech. We loved the Moroccan tea and the shesha that the hostel provided! Great location - felt very safe staying here. Great music playing. Would definitely stay here again! Love the New Zealanders, Lauren & Henny.

A very colourful, pleasant and centrally located hostel. It's ideal for solo travellers or groups of friends as the atmosphere in the hostel is very social. The host, Hucein, and the ladies helping him are very friendly, welcoming and make you feel like home. They often offer free dinner to all guests and it goes without saying that free tea is poured all day long. I wpuld totally recommend this hostel and look forward to going back there and staying for longer time.

Husain is the best person ever very friendly and helpful! The hostel has great atmosphere and the staff are really nice and go out of their way to help you. Would 100% stay here again!!! :) :) :)

We had an AWESOME stay here - the atmosphere was amazing and so relaxed, the staff were super friendly, and the breakfast and unlimited tea all day were great. Great value for money. Yes there are only three bathrooms and sometimes there's a wait at peak times, but the atmosphere and everything definitely makes up for it. I would recommend this place for travellers and young people. It's so easy to meet new people, everyone is so friendly here.

• 19th Oct 2014

hind - very receptive. I recommend

Relatively good location but the streets leading to the hostel are very quiet and dark at night. Rooms do not have external facing windows and the only ventilation is through the center courtyard in the middle of the hostel, making things *very* warm even at night. You can sleep on the terrace but those spots get taken really quickly. Noise from the communal area also gets amplified upwards towards the rooms making it hard to sleep. WiFi is spotty and slow and often does not connect.

Internet need to improve

The hostel is really nice. Staff is great. Just dont expect a good night of sleep.. they keep the music playing until midnight and there are no doors on the rooms.

Great people, great atmosphere, great place

• 12th Oct 2014

BED BUGS. The staff have no clue how to get rid of them so don’t get your hopes up. The staff reaction was unacceptable - they laughed, called me stupid and argued that it wasn’t bed bugs despite the evidence (other hostellers actually got a photo of one) , one manager was apologetic but told me that there were only bed bugs on the terrace (this is not a new problem). I was bitten in my dorm. Ignoring that, the hostel is kind of boring. Better places to stay in the city for the same price.