Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Sabai, 13, Marrakech, Morocco

Honestly this is the best choice that you can make. I am a returning visitor and without any thinking I went again for Waka Waka. The personnel is nice and helpful, rooms are clean and comfy and you are at the right place regarding the location.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Waka waka is a nice place with a friendly staff. There's a lot of evening entertainment and a really big breakfast in the morning. The staff is always on hand to talk, and they're always serving popcorn and tea or sharing shisha. It's so important to them that everyone have a good time. Fun place to stay in Marrakech!

• 12th Jan 2015

Waka Waka was my home away from home in Morocco. I used it as my base and kept coming back after small trips in the north and south. Every time I came back I was welcomed with delicious tea and cookies. The staff were so great and friendly and the overall atmosphere of the place is super chill and awesome. I will definitely be back here again and recommend it to anyone coming to morocco.

• 11th Jan 2015

I loved staying at this hostel! The location was perfect and they greeted us with sweet tea and cookies. The showers weren't easy to use though and the place was kind of loud at night.

• 7th Jan 2015

Staff are great, couldn't do enough for us! The communal areas really allow for people to mix, but it is right outside the bedrooms which don't have doors (just curtains) so if you're looking for a quiet night this is not the place for you! Great for a solo traveller or anyone looking for new people or ideas! there were no lockers. Kind of hard to find so make sure you read the directions given to you, and avoid having locals take you there as they will want a 'little gift'!

My favorite hostel ever! Stayed for 4 nights. Hussein the manager is an incredible host. The staff will bend over backwards to make sure you have a pleasant stay. I highly reccomend waka for your stay in Marrakech.

Great location in the Medina beside the big square. Good mix of people staying in the hostel and the downstairs area was ideal for socialising. Rooms are decent dorms with towels provided. Friendly staff who were always willing to show you around and help plan trip. Decent for a party in the evening too. Returned to Waka Waka when we stayed in Marrakesh after trips North and to the Sahara.

• 30th Dec 2014

Good guys running this hostel! ;-) Thanks!

The staff are brilliant (except on bad days and even then, they are still more than helpful). And since this is a part of the world where German preciseness doesnt work, they are always helpful and full of suggestions and options when things dont go to plan. So, I turned up to the hostel, feeling tired and a bit rough so wanted to move to a private room. They didn't have anything available but took me to a different hostel (layla rogue) and they were equally charming and helpful. Good vibes!!

Waka Waka is an amazing hostel. The set up really encourages socializing, and it's always easy to find someone to do something with. Hussein and the other staff members are fantastic, and always willing to do anything to make sure you have a good time.

• 17th Dec 2014

I really recomend this hostel!! The staff is great and is really crean and well located!

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

The atmosphere is great and the staff was very friendly. However a few remarks. There were only two bathrooms (toilet and shower together) for more than 40 people. So if two people were taking a shower there was no possibility to use the toilet. There was an other bathroom on the rooftop but the light didn't work. As well: there was a lot of noise in the hostel. My suggestion is to ask people to go to the rooftop after midnight if they want to talk, so everyone can sleep.

The guys which run the hostel make you feel very welcome and go out of there way to make your stay special! The hostel is very social I travelled alone and had no problem meeting other travellers as there were plenty of solo people doing the same thing.

Staying at waka waka was amazing -- Hussein made our stay totally memorable and went over and beyond to try and make everyone happy. Will definitely be back!

The people who runs the hostel is the best!

I had a very good time at this hostel, spent a total of four nights there in December 2014. Great place to meet other travellers. I was able to explore the Medina with the other people I met along the way. Fun goes later into the evening here so if you're looking for a place to just sleep it won't be quiet until a little later on, but might as well join in and enjoy the festivities. I was here on a Sunday night and they even cooked dinner and brought in some live music too.

• 14th Dec 2014

Really great place, staff are wonderful, Hussein is a legend. They threw us a dinner/party for free, they're generous and theres always a good atmosphere, perfect place to meet people. Beds were comfortable and the place looks really nice. Very convenient location once you remember how to find the place. People should be aware that it can be noisy at night, and theres not enough bathrooms, but overall, great hostel and when I was back in Marrakech i didn't even think about going anywhere else.

I spent a good time at the hostel waka waka, atmosphere hostel is very nice, and staff also always seeks help .. the hostel is comfortable and clean. Recommend the trip to Sahara that is very good.

• 8th Dec 2014

staff here is very helpful!

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

One of the best hostels I've stayed in and it definitely made my stay in Marrakech. The atmosphere is unrivalled and the staff are great.

« first « Prev 1 2 3