Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Sabai, 13, Marrakech, Morocco

Hostel Waka Waka was great! My group had a last minute add on and they were more than happy to accommodate. They offer a shuttle service from the airport for a few euro-TAKE IT! We arrived at 3am and we were exhausted and would have been lost otherwise. The entire staff is so friendly and they offer daily excursions. SO GREAT.

• 27th Jul 2015

Had such a great time here in waka waka! The live music played almost every night by Mohammed whilst I was here was brilliant. The staff here are always so welcoming when you return after a long day and do a great job in looking after you. The two Jawads are around 24 hours a day, always smiling and helping out and the manager, Imane, does a great job in keeping everything running smoothly! Hopefully I will return some day thoroughly recommend!

This hostel is great for a big town like Marrakech. Nice people, nice staff and very near the main square. Although not so clean, I recommend it!

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Spain

The staff at Waka Waka aré extremly helpful! My flight was canceled and I was two days late arriving. However, they did not charge me for the two nights and changed them. also, they booked tours and were very helpful in giving advice. Wifi also worked. Overall, the stay was great but not every room had a fan and it was a little hot, but other than that great.

Great hostel. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were catered for very well. The hostel arranged a taxi from the airport for a good price which was a nice touch. One we arrived we were welcomed and shown our rooms which were very nice with comfy beds. Mohammed provided excellent entertainment on the guitar and on the shisha pipe! Very good price especially since breakfast was included. The rooftop area is a cool spot to chill! Would recommend to anyone staying in Marrakech.

Very hot and very sweaty.

All I can say is you should go to Waka Waka! Absolutely loved it! Lovely staff who were so helpful, friendly, funny and accommodating. The best hospitality of anywhere I've ever been. It had such a great atmosphere that I decided to stay another night and would have stayed a further night if I hadn't already booked another riad. Such a colourful, wonderfully decorated place to relax away from the crazy souks. There is even a pet tortoise on the rooftop! Thank you for a wonderful time Waka Waka

• 15th Jul 2015

it's not easy to find the hostel. there are not fan or air-condition in the room . we can't sleep in the room. but staffs are very friendly.

Brilliant hostel, the perfect place to stay in Marrakech, with a really laid back atmosphere. Great value for money! Mohamed and Jawad made the place incredible, even though we visited during ramadan they were always friendly and keen to make the stay a great as possible. Would highly reccomend.

• 4th Jul 2015

I would recommend a fan in the rooms

Located in the Medina, and only a 5 minute walk from the square, Waka waka hostel is a great refuge from the chaotic and busy life of Marrakech. Here you can enjoy a cup of tea, light up a shisha, go on one of the excursions arranged by the hostel, or simply chill on the roof with fellow travelers, Waka waka provided a great basis for experiencing Marrakech. very friendly and helpful staff! I have stayed at 4 hostels in Morocco, and Waka waka was definitely the best one. I recommend it warmly.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Denmark

This hostel was outstanding! The people were very friendly, great food, and Muhammad, one of the employees, would play great music and sing at night while we drank tea and relaxed. I would HIGHLY recommend this hostel!

The best hostel in the world! The staff - Simohammad, Jawad and Amine -were all so friendly providing free breakfast, tea, music and shisha in the evening. They can organise day trips for you or advise you on public transport if you want to make your own way. They always joke with you and make you feel like family. Simohammed is now my brother. If you are lucky enough to be there for your birthday they even organise you a party. 10/10 - my new home in Marrakech.

• 30th Jun 2015

SUCH a fun hostel. Cannot recommend enough. What it lacks in working plumbing (all toilets work, some taps are a little iffy however), it more than makes up for in atmosphere. The staff are BRILLIANT and so hard-working and the whole place is so beautifully decorated. It's close to the main square and also a great location for exploring the rest of Marrakech. If you're looking to stay in Marrakech and want to meet fun people in a beautiful cheap riad - STAY HERE.

Maybe invest in some cheap fans!

Are you looking for a place with graet atmosphere and singing stuff? You just find it! Waka Waka is meeting point for all backpackers and good breakfast lovers.

10/10 would recommend :) thanks for the fun times!

Had a wonderful time at Waka Waka. Muhammad and the entire staff were very friendly and I felt very safe. It had a great community feel to it and it was the perfect environment to meet new people. I would highly recommend!

• 24th Jun 2015

The hostel was wonderful with great staff and friendly athompshere, I really enjoyed my stay. I'll definitely stay here again if I'm ever in Marrackech.

• 24th Jun 2015

Everyone was so lovely and really friendly here, Jawad and Muhammed were brilliant hosts and very down to earth, such a great vibe, definitely will recommend. Muhammed's singing is just epic and just adds to the chilled out atmosphere that Waka Waka has. I can not wait to come back!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4