Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Sabai, 13, Marrakech, Morocco

This is an awesome hostel. Probably my favourite in all my travels. The rooftop was the best part with a great atmosphere. Big breakfast to fill you up in the morning. When sleeping in the beds it gets very hot but you have the choice to sleep on the rooftop. Staff are very helpful when you need to find things. Would highly recommend this!!!

Staff went over and above to help us, very friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere was warm. Really good value for money

• 24th Jul 2014

best hostel in marrakesh, the staff are really kindly and hussain is a great menager. the atmosphere is very friendly and the rate is cheap. the best place is the terrace and last but not the least the least u can feel at home in this hostel.

OK, this hostel is not to be overlooked, it is great. The community room is huge, there is a terrace that everyone hangs out on at night, including staff and many of the guest slept up there under the stars rather in their bunks. Oh, and the breakfast is free, can't beat that. Overall this is one fun place to stay where yu will get the real feel of Morocco and Marrakech, I plan on staying there again on my next trip.

We loved our stay on Waka Waka, one of the best hostels we ever stayed in. The staff were amazing and fun, and the whole atmosphere was super laid back, relaxed and friendly!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Very nice guesthouse. Clean rooms polite staff and houssin is crazy! Perfect place to stay when ur in Marakech. Also al lot of excursions. So it is a perfect place !!

• 16th Jul 2014

Great hostel! It was very nice, good location, strong wifi, free tea and cookies, nice rooftop patio. The staff was great and hilarious. It's not the cleanest (especially the bathrooms), and while some beds were really comfortable, some were not. There is no AC, so it gets extremely humid in the rooms. There are no lockers or way to secure your valuables (but I never felt unsafe leaving things there). I would not recommend their excursions company, because we felt scammed the whole time.

I've been at tons of hostels and Waka Waka is my favorite hostel. The environment makes you feel right at home with endless Moroccan mint tea, cookies, and Shisha. Great, friendly environment that is really easy to make friends in!

Great hostel and great friendly people! Would go back in a heart beat!

• 28th Jun 2014

I have visited Hostel Waka Waka in June 2012 and I enjoyed my stay so much that I came back there in June 2014, it's in the centre of the medina, few mins from the place Djma el Fna and you can find almost everything you may need just round the corner, the hostel is comfortable and the staff is very nice,they will help you with any questions you may have. Very nice atmosphere,the hostel itself looks even nicer compared to my first stay.I will surely go there again for my next visit to Marrakesh.

The bedroom in the ground floor may be very hot and sometimes people in this bedroom may be disturbed by some noise made by other guest in the common area.

• 18th May 2014

Couldnt have asked for a better Hostel everything close by and very affordable. The Staff are incredibly friendly and willing to help in any way. Hussain is the Man

• 15th May 2014

The hostel is amazing. There is free dinner as well. I really recommend you to stay there.

My experience at Waka Waka was completely unforgettable! The staff is incredible, free tea and free hookah and occasionally free dinner AND free breakfast? Everything is welcoming, the decorations are beautiful, and although it's hot and it could be cleaner, it's survivable if you can stand the Moroccan climate! Don't go anywhere else in Marrakech! :)

Waka waka hostel is an amazing place where you gonna met alot of nice people from all around the world! The staff is awesome, they will take care of you for everything. The hostel is always very clean and the serve a nice breakfest ! You also have a nice terrace where you can chillout and relax. The staff can also organize for you a trip in the mountain, sahara desert, or anywhere else! This is the place to stop in Marrakesh! They also give you free tea! I had a great time there, thank you!

• 19th Apr 2014

This hostel literally made our stay in Marrakesh, the staff is incredibly friendly and very very very helpfull. The breakfast is great, the hostel it self is very nicely decorated and has a good location. If I would go back to Marrakesh, this is where I would stay, i have no complaints

This hostel is great, has a super cozy atmosphere. From the moment we arrived we were received with cookies and mint tea. Staff is friendly and helpful, facilities are good, shared rooms are nice and bathrooms are ok and clean. Terrace is nice. WiFi works fine in whole building. Included breakfast basic but good, some bread and coffee. Good value 4 price. Only downside, hard to find, its right in a hidden place in the medina, but we arranged with the directions given, so no big deal!

I absolutely loved this hostel. You guys are great and made me fall in LOVE with Morocco and Africa again. I am definitely looking to come back and stay at this hostel again!

My trip to Marrakech was infinitely better thanks to this hostel! This is a great place if you're a solo traveler and want to meet other people because the vibe Waka Waka has is so infectious and only adds to its charm. Great atmosphere, great location, and great staff. Sure it wasn't the cleanest of facilities, but you're guaranteed an amazing experience. At night, travelers would just go up to the terrace, smoke hookah, and just hang out - manager included! Highly recommended.

Amazing hostel. Never experienced a place like Waka Waka. Delectable mint tea throughout the day. Tasty breakfast every morning. Very chill atmosphere. Really cool sleeping setup on the rooftop terrace. Great vibes all around!!!