Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Sabai, 13, Marrakech, Morocco

Great place, cheap, anything goes really. Just keep an eye on mohammed if you're a single female. No lockers but I left my sack here for four days and it was still there when I came back, so that's pretty good security.

• 10th Apr 2015

Great location and they met us when we arrived by taxi. However the room was right next to the communal area and it was very loud. Good breakfast and welcome drink.

Friendliest staff in the world, had an absolutely amazing time and would go back in a heartbeat.

• 1st Apr 2015

Hostel Waka Waka was absolutely awesome and definitely made my stay in Marrakech so much better! Not only was there a constant flow of free tea and shisha, but the staff was always helpful and giving advice, and the people we met there were incredible. We looked at a ton of different hostels in Marrakech before deciding on this one, and I can gladly say that I'd choose Hostel Waka Waka every time without question!

• 29th Mar 2015

Staff were very friendly and flexible. The only issue was finding the place!

• 29th Mar 2015

Amazimg value for money, everyone is realy nice! Friendly and helpfull!, definetly the best choice to stay in marrakech, its really close to the main square so it's realy safe, breakfast is very good and starts early wich is important if you book one of the (absolutely mindblowing) tours you can get from the hostel!

from the start the manager and the staff were very helpful, nice and informative. rooms were clean and there was an excellent atmosphere prices were good (for Marrakesh) I will defiantly stay again very nice hostel

• 22nd Mar 2015

very good location, near to the big square. Friendly staffs, and Moroccan atmosphere

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

Gorgeous hostel in Marrakesh. The staffe are nice and passionate and the atmosphere is perfect.

It's worth living here. This hostel is so awesome . The people are so friendly and you can get some free shisha smoking here at night. That's a perfect choice for the traveling

Very friendly staff. Excellent organised tours from hostel. Would highly recommend.

• 13th Mar 2015

Oh my goodness... Where to start! If you are staying in Marrakesh, it is absolutely necessary to stay at Waka Waka. I owe my incredible experience in Morocco to this wonderful establishment and its' staff! Hussein and Anis are 2 of the most genuine people I have ever met. Each day we were welcomed with an amazing breakfast they serve each morning, tea, cookies, and shishah around the clock, and most importantly, great company. These guys were so helpful to my curious yet clueless group. A must!

• 12th Mar 2015

the wakawaka hostel is very great. the atmosphäre is awesome and the personal is friendly and helpful. bathroom and bedroom were clean. the location is in the middle of the centre,its great.

• 12th Mar 2015

Had a fabulous time at this Hostel, and everyone on the staff was extremely nice. Very hospitable and tries to be accommodating to everything you could ever want or need from help finding your way around town or smoking Shisha with old and new friends at the Hostel. A particular staff member, Hasan, was extremely helpful and took us around to show us certain parts of the more modern part of Marrakesh. He even did a Camel ride with us too which made the journey all the better! Would recommend!!!

• 12th Mar 2015

The most amazing weekend of my life! Although the location is a little hidden, it is perfectly placed in the heart of Marrakesh. The hospitality exceeded my expectations, and I felt completely safe and at home my entire stay. The management was more than accomodating, and even showed us around some local spots, along with always showing us the restaurants we wanted to go to if we were unsure, and got us taxis at the lowest prices every time we needed to go somewhere outside of the main city!

• 12th Mar 2015

I really recommend! Lovely atmosphere.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Houcain and anis were wonderful hosts! This is a great little hostel which was very welcoming. I really enjoyed my time here and made some great travel friends. Highly recommend :)

• 27th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

I was with a group of 23 friends and when we return from the Sahara Trip we still have one night at the Waka Waka Hostel before check out, they relocated us in another hostel. The hostel wasn't bad, the problem is that we were really tired because of the trip and they seemed that they weren't prepared for this situation (overbooking in the Waka Waka), but they said to us that this problem is happening since 2 years ago. It was a big mess and me and my friends were disappointed.

The hostel's atmosphere is great and the breakfast is very good, however the bathrooms are awful and there are not lockers or a luggage room, so there isn't much security for our stuff. The staff was really helpful and nice, but they were also disorganized and they had a problem with overbooking. When my group came back from the desert trip, they had to move us to another hostel, even though we had a reservation there. The same thing happened to other group while we were there.

The staff are the best staff in the world. They are so helpful, nice, friendly and kind. Come to Waka Waka if you want to be treated like royalty. Can't say enough good things about this place, its awesome.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4