Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Sabai, 13, Marrakech, Morocco

This was honestly the best hostel I've ever stayed in! As soon as we arrived, we were greeted with free tea, crackers, and shisha. There was also a cute Moroccan boy playing the guitar and singing in the lobby. There was a great community feel in the hostel, because everyone would hang out together there. The entire staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. They gave us lots of advice on what to do in the city, and they help organize excursions to the desert, mountains, etc. I HIGHLY recommend i

I had a great 3 nights in this Hostel. It's in a great location, a little tricky to find but it's Marrakesh - everything is! The place is kept immaculate clean and tidy but could probably do with a bit of investment here and there. Great value for money and the staff worked non-stop to make sure everyone enjoyed their stay including endless tea!

Amazing staff lead by Hussein, the staff is always available and up to help you. I would go back for sure!

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

The Staff was AMAZING !!! So kind !! Funny & very helpfull :-D Bravo & choukrane

Extended my stay for a while, staff is so amazing and helpful! Super chill and very social. Ambiance is amazing too, I went back already and will again!

This is a great hostel. The guys in charge are top notch and very friendly. They go above and beyond to make you happy. It is a really good place to meet other like minded travelers, or if you so wish, to chill on your own.

• 2nd Nov 2014

Very social place just outside the noise from the big square. Nice place and good value for the money if you can ignore the very loud music played just outside your door (curtains) all day long. The staff seemed a bit like they didn't care when we found a mouse in our room - and it was still there the next day. Lazy attitude!

We loved our stay at Waka Waka hostel! The staff were super friendly and helpful towards us which made for a more memorable experience in Marrakech. We loved the Moroccan tea and the shesha that the hostel provided! Great location - felt very safe staying here. Great music playing. Would definitely stay here again! Love the New Zealanders, Lauren & Henny.

A very colourful, pleasant and centrally located hostel. It's ideal for solo travellers or groups of friends as the atmosphere in the hostel is very social. The host, Hucein, and the ladies helping him are very friendly, welcoming and make you feel like home. They often offer free dinner to all guests and it goes without saying that free tea is poured all day long. I wpuld totally recommend this hostel and look forward to going back there and staying for longer time.

Husain is the best person ever very friendly and helpful! The hostel has great atmosphere and the staff are really nice and go out of their way to help you. Would 100% stay here again!!! :) :) :)

We had an AWESOME stay here - the atmosphere was amazing and so relaxed, the staff were super friendly, and the breakfast and unlimited tea all day were great. Great value for money. Yes there are only three bathrooms and sometimes there's a wait at peak times, but the atmosphere and everything definitely makes up for it. I would recommend this place for travellers and young people. It's so easy to meet new people, everyone is so friendly here.

• 19th Oct 2014

hind - very receptive. I recommend

Relatively good location but the streets leading to the hostel are very quiet and dark at night. Rooms do not have external facing windows and the only ventilation is through the center courtyard in the middle of the hostel, making things *very* warm even at night. You can sleep on the terrace but those spots get taken really quickly. Noise from the communal area also gets amplified upwards towards the rooms making it hard to sleep. WiFi is spotty and slow and often does not connect.

Internet need to improve

The hostel is really nice. Staff is great. Just dont expect a good night of sleep.. they keep the music playing until midnight and there are no doors on the rooms.

Great people, great atmosphere, great place

• 12th Oct 2014

BED BUGS. The staff have no clue how to get rid of them so don’t get your hopes up. The staff reaction was unacceptable - they laughed, called me stupid and argued that it wasn’t bed bugs despite the evidence (other hostellers actually got a photo of one) , one manager was apologetic but told me that there were only bed bugs on the terrace (this is not a new problem). I was bitten in my dorm. Ignoring that, the hostel is kind of boring. Better places to stay in the city for the same price.

Location is great only a 5min walk to the main square (Jemaa El-Fna) even though REALLY HARD TO FIND in the first place!! As you arrived you're welcomed with a green tea and can have some for free for 24hrs! They sell beer in this hostel which is great because its really hard to drink in Marrakesh they also do shisha ! The roof terrace is awesome you can sleep there if you want to because it does get very hot and stuffy in the dorms ! Breakfast is great and the hostel also do tours !!!

This hostel was the first hostel I have ever stayed in and let me say I got spoiled. Truly the most incredible experience.. great people.. the staff does everything they can to make you feel at home. The terrace is incredible and everyone is super social. Free breakfast free tea and shisha!!! Every night everyone hung out in the terrace there are no curfews or silly rukes. I will definitely come back. This is what made Marrakech fun

• 8th Sep 2014

Amazing place. Great staff, lots of fun and very helpfull. Love the free tea and breakfast. I meet a lot of people in this hostel, it has a great atmósfera. Bathrooms could use some fixing. I will defently come back!