Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Sabai, 13, Marrakech, Morocco

My trip to Marrakech was infinitely better thanks to this hostel! This is a great place if you're a solo traveler and want to meet other people because the vibe Waka Waka has is so infectious and only adds to its charm. Great atmosphere, great location, and great staff. Sure it wasn't the cleanest of facilities, but you're guaranteed an amazing experience. At night, travelers would just go up to the terrace, smoke hookah, and just hang out - manager included! Highly recommended.

• 4th Apr 2014

Awesome hostel! The staff and atmosphere was fantastic! Would highly recommend it to other travellers

Nice hostel in the medina, just 5 minutes from jemaa el fna. Beautiful common room and great terrace. They provide also chicha and good breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful and can help you for the timetable of bus or to book a taxi. Definitely a good choice to spend a few days in Marrakech!

This hostel is an amazing place! traveling on my own this hostel provided a great atmosphere to meet other people and have a good time! the service provided is extremely helpful and friendly. The hostel is so close to the main square it is in a perfect location. I have had a great time at waka waka and would extremely recommend staying at this hostel when in Marrakech!!!! Thank you to Housayne and all the staff at waka waka for a delightful time :)

Great Environment, hospitality was on point too. I would say avoid the excursions that they advertise and book one through an exterior agency. Something felt a little shady about our day trip and the way the business was handled. The hostel lied, saying over and over that the excursion was all inclusive. When we got to each location, we were pretty much scammed at every turn.

• 11th Mar 2014

Literally the best hostel I have stayed in. It has the friendliest atmosphere, with great staff and a good flow of like-minded coming through. Stayed here way longer than expected and loved every second of it! Get to Waka Waka

• 4th Mar 2014

We had a really great time in Hostel Waka Waka. Nice staff who helped us with every need that we had. Beautiful and comfortable establishment. A stay there is absolutly advisable!

we stayed here twice on our two week trip in Morocco. Hussain, the manager was very welcoming and remembered us when we returned. He helped us out and gave advice when we asked him. The atmosphere was great with lots of other travellers to meet. They also cook a meal twice a week which was lovely as it got all the guests together. Only down side was staying in the downstairs dorms as it can be quite noisey at night and first thing in the morning as its righ tnext to the communal area.

• 1st Mar 2014

I would come back any time! The staff was very friendly, helpful and always open for a little chat. Loved the building because it was colorful and clean ( they clean every day). The included breakfast consists out of traditional pastrys, there is as much tea as you like and these guys even prepare an awesome free dinner for everybody twice a week. The hostel is located in the center of the medina. Two minutes from the Jeemah El-Fna Plaza. It's a little hard to find but definetly worth looking.

• 26th Feb 2014

I stayed at waka waka with 3 female friends of mine and we were treated like princesses :) "Obama" the owner of the hostel couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome and happy. He called it our home and told us we can do what we want and have what we want. Him and his friends were really really kind to us and cooked us a meal with drinks on our last night and it was delicious. Really loved the endless tea. We will definitely be going back to our Waka Waka family - WE MISS YOU!!!

• 21st Feb 2014

I had a great time here although my airport pick up did not work out because they forgot so it was quite an adventure to find it. The staff here is friendly and always go out of their way to make sure everything is good. The one thing I did notice is the lack of organization. There were people who said they had reservations but were turned away and then one evening, there were a couple beds that were double booked which could explain my lack of airport pickup. As a warning, this is a loud hostel

Good hostel. The staff is really nice and always helpful. However, the staff should keep track of which beds are used, be because there was some problems.

The host is great, the breakfast was awesome. The atmosphere is espectacualar. :)

When we arrived at Waka Waka hostel the place was fully booked, even though we had a reservation. The guys offered us another hostel prentending it was in the same style as the waka waka, which it wasn't. The place they brought us to was way to small and not comfortable at all. We will never retrun to the waka waka hostel and won't recommend it to anyone else. It felt like a scam, because we ended up in a s**t other hostel of 'the same company'. 10 other travellers had the same problem.

• 22nd Jan 2014

The hostel is a bit hidden in a back street and not relly signposted. But this adds to the charm. I really enjoyed the atmosphere as you can order tea or shisha whenever you want!

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Bathroom not clean. very hard to find the hostel. staff are attentive. is good to go for adventure.

The best hostel I've ever stayed in by far. It feels like home and as a lone traveler it was the perfect place to meet people. The staff are incredible- their energy is amazing and they made my stay beyond special. I can't recommend this place enough, I really didn't want to leave! Waka waka and their philosophie will stay in my heart forever!

• 13th Jan 2014

One of the best atmospheres in any hostel, good location and although there weren't many safety features (that I saw) didn't really feel it to be a problem. Well worth staying.

This hostel was great! We were a little sketched out on our way there, only because we didn't know Marrakech or the area at all, and we very quickly realized how silly that was. The place was fabulous, the only downside was if you had to sleep, it's an open concept hostel so the noise can be heard all night. I'd definitely recommend this hostel!

My Friend and I love WakaWaka the people who work theire are so nice and work very hard ! They will welcom you like they would welcome their own family!

« first « Prev 1 2 3