Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Sabai, 13, Marrakech, Morocco

Very nice guesthouse. Clean rooms polite staff and houssin is crazy! Perfect place to stay when ur in Marakech. Also al lot of excursions. So it is a perfect place !!

• 16th Jul 2014

I've been at tons of hostels and Waka Waka is my favorite hostel. The environment makes you feel right at home with endless Moroccan mint tea, cookies, and Shisha. Great, friendly environment that is really easy to make friends in!

I have visited Hostel Waka Waka in June 2012 and I enjoyed my stay so much that I came back there in June 2014, it's in the centre of the medina, few mins from the place Djma el Fna and you can find almost everything you may need just round the corner, the hostel is comfortable and the staff is very nice,they will help you with any questions you may have. Very nice atmosphere,the hostel itself looks even nicer compared to my first stay.I will surely go there again for my next visit to Marrakesh.

The bedroom in the ground floor may be very hot and sometimes people in this bedroom may be disturbed by some noise made by other guest in the common area.

• 18th May 2014

Couldnt have asked for a better Hostel everything close by and very affordable. The Staff are incredibly friendly and willing to help in any way. Hussain is the Man

• 15th May 2014

The hostel is amazing. There is free dinner as well. I really recommend you to stay there.

My experience at Waka Waka was completely unforgettable! The staff is incredible, free tea and free hookah and occasionally free dinner AND free breakfast? Everything is welcoming, the decorations are beautiful, and although it's hot and it could be cleaner, it's survivable if you can stand the Moroccan climate! Don't go anywhere else in Marrakech! :)

Waka waka hostel is an amazing place where you gonna met alot of nice people from all around the world! The staff is awesome, they will take care of you for everything. The hostel is always very clean and the serve a nice breakfest ! You also have a nice terrace where you can chillout and relax. The staff can also organize for you a trip in the mountain, sahara desert, or anywhere else! This is the place to stop in Marrakesh! They also give you free tea! I had a great time there, thank you!

• 19th Apr 2014

This hostel literally made our stay in Marrakesh, the staff is incredibly friendly and very very very helpfull. The breakfast is great, the hostel it self is very nicely decorated and has a good location. If I would go back to Marrakesh, this is where I would stay, i have no complaints

This hostel is great, has a super cozy atmosphere. From the moment we arrived we were received with cookies and mint tea. Staff is friendly and helpful, facilities are good, shared rooms are nice and bathrooms are ok and clean. Terrace is nice. WiFi works fine in whole building. Included breakfast basic but good, some bread and coffee. Good value 4 price. Only downside, hard to find, its right in a hidden place in the medina, but we arranged with the directions given, so no big deal!

I absolutely loved this hostel. You guys are great and made me fall in LOVE with Morocco and Africa again. I am definitely looking to come back and stay at this hostel again!

My trip to Marrakech was infinitely better thanks to this hostel! This is a great place if you're a solo traveler and want to meet other people because the vibe Waka Waka has is so infectious and only adds to its charm. Great atmosphere, great location, and great staff. Sure it wasn't the cleanest of facilities, but you're guaranteed an amazing experience. At night, travelers would just go up to the terrace, smoke hookah, and just hang out - manager included! Highly recommended.

Amazing hostel. Never experienced a place like Waka Waka. Delectable mint tea throughout the day. Tasty breakfast every morning. Very chill atmosphere. Really cool sleeping setup on the rooftop terrace. Great vibes all around!!!

Awesome hostel! The staff and atmosphere was fantastic! Would highly recommend it to other travellers

Nice hostel in the medina, just 5 minutes from jemaa el fna. Beautiful common room and great terrace. They provide also chicha and good breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful and can help you for the timetable of bus or to book a taxi. Definitely a good choice to spend a few days in Marrakech!

This hostel is an amazing place! traveling on my own this hostel provided a great atmosphere to meet other people and have a good time! the service provided is extremely helpful and friendly. The hostel is so close to the main square it is in a perfect location. I have had a great time at waka waka and would extremely recommend staying at this hostel when in Marrakech!!!! Thank you to Housayne and all the staff at waka waka for a delightful time :)

Great Environment, hospitality was on point too. I would say avoid the excursions that they advertise and book one through an exterior agency. Something felt a little shady about our day trip and the way the business was handled. The hostel lied, saying over and over that the excursion was all inclusive. When we got to each location, we were pretty much scammed at every turn.

• 11th Mar 2014

Literally the best hostel I have stayed in. It has the friendliest atmosphere, with great staff and a good flow of like-minded coming through. Stayed here way longer than expected and loved every second of it! Get to Waka Waka

• 4th Mar 2014

We had a really great time in Hostel Waka Waka. Nice staff who helped us with every need that we had. Beautiful and comfortable establishment. A stay there is absolutly advisable!

we stayed here twice on our two week trip in Morocco. Hussain, the manager was very welcoming and remembered us when we returned. He helped us out and gave advice when we asked him. The atmosphere was great with lots of other travellers to meet. They also cook a meal twice a week which was lovely as it got all the guests together. Only down side was staying in the downstairs dorms as it can be quite noisey at night and first thing in the morning as its righ tnext to the communal area.

• 1st Mar 2014