Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Sabai, 13, Marrakech, Morocco

Best hostel that I stayed at in Morocco. I highly recommend!

Some of the nicest, friendliest, funniest/fun staff I've met while traveling. Great location once one knows the streets. We arrived and they were booked full even though we had a reservation but it was no problem at all. They found us a place, and their annex is right off of a main side street. Booked a large room but got a sweet personal suite. The bathroom was not the cleanest but in the main area it is well maintained. Fun night atmosphere, great tajine dinner, accommodating staff! Thanks!

It was noisy at night (as it was really crowded, mostly with huge groups of friends) and the bathrooms weren't much good. But it was safe and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful.

I had a great time there. Good location, helpful and friendly staff especially Hussein. But there are some issues, first it is difficult to find it through the streets of the Medina, placing signs to help guests find their way would be a good idea. Second, when we got to Waka Waka it was crowded and me and my friends were moved to another nearby unit where wifi was no provided. Third, rooms can't be locked with keys and lockers are not available, a friend had his money stolen while he was out..

Only one toilet per floor. Imagine 20 people using one toilet. :( Not cool... What I also didnt like is that people were allowed to smoke on the ground floor (not sure about the other floors) so if you stayed on the ground floor, you could smell it. Also, the ground floor was always really loud and noisy. I would recommend enforcing a smoke ban (if you care...), keep noise down at 10pm and maybe - if possible - build additional toilets. But then you might lose a certain type of clientel.

• 15th Dec 2013
  • Austria

Bit misleading on website as I booked for a 4 bed dorm and they don't have any. Had a cold shower and paid for my washing, but they dont have a dryer so I had to repack it damp. Other than that pretty good hostel, close to the square even tho the walk seems dodgy at night. Endless amounts of tea and shisha served to us in the lounge so a nice place to meet people.

Very nice hostel, nice people.

The hostel is located inside "La Medina" is kind difficult to find it without a guide the first time, but it happens for all the hostel inside la Medina. The place is comfortable, but the bathroom is really painful, I have a good time but don't expect to much for 5 euros per night.

Waka waka kicked ass. Great location, great staff and amazing vibe. On my last night here Hussain even cooked a yummy dinner. Highly recommend this place

The only thing going for this hostel is the staff and the vibe. Staff were very kind and helpful and it was great and easy to meet people in the lounge. However, accommodations-wise - the hostel does not provide respite after a day out in Marrakesh. No lockers, no privacy or security. The lounge can get very loud and they like to blast music up. There are only 3 showers/toilets, relatively clean but def dilapidated. I have serious doubts about the sheets being changed.

Very comfortable stay! The staff were the best part, always makig sure we were comfortable and taken care of. Would recommend this to anyone. Solid atmosphere, good stuff...stay here.

A cheap place to stay especially when you get a free breakfast as well

Just fun. Exellent for Backpackers. Staff is great and helpful

It is a bit hard to arrive at this hostel for the first time but once you are there it is quite an experience, very nice decoration, atmosphere, delicious tea on arrival, nice relaxed staff, and the breakfast you can't find in regular hostels, freshly made bread, they organize trips to the desert and surroundings, not much privacy, and not many toilets but overall very good

Great hostel, highly recommend to any traveller to enjoy a real morrocan experience with a nice chill area and group of super cool people

really,really great place the staff were so friendly especially houssein .we really enjoyed our stay at waka waka

• 18th Nov 2013

Very dirty place. Nice athmosphere and very friendly hosts.

Great hostel with free breakfast and tea and within walking distance from the souks and medina. Had a wonderful stay!

This has to be the best hostel in marrakech. super cool staff and always very helpful. great place to meet other travellers. roof terrace is awesone and cool place to sleep too if needed. highly recommended would not stay anywhere else

Great hostel with an amazing staff who are very helpful. Awesome rooftop terrace where you can just hang out and talk to other travelers and even sleep there when it's warm enough. The bathrooms could use some upgrading and more cleaning, but overall a great stay in a great location at a very cheap price!