Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Sabai, 13, Marrakech, Morocco

Everyone was so lovely and really friendly here, Jawad and Muhammed were brilliant hosts and very down to earth, such a great vibe, definitely will recommend. Muhammed's singing is just epic and just adds to the chilled out atmosphere that Waka Waka has. I can not wait to come back!

The hostel had a great vibe and comfortable open areas for relaxing during the day. The staff were wonderful and accommodating. Each night they would set the mood by play the guitar and sing, whilst making us mint tea and proving sheesha. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, my only negatives were the bathroom facilities and the lack of air in the lower floor bedrooms. However this can easily be overlooked as the hostel was great value for money and attracted interesting and eclectic people.

• 23rd Jun 2015

I absolutely loved my stay in Waka Waka! The staff is amazing, we had so much fun together, they played the guitar for us, taught us some arabic, gave us mint tea (berber whiskey :D ) and cookies when we arrived, I just wish I could have stayed longer! The only thing to be improved is the quality of the bathrooms, but I think it is more of a general Moroccan situation than something specific to this hostel.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

Hostel Waka Waka is a goldmine of good times. This is a fun and lively hostel with dance music playing all day and a beautiful terrace for socializing and even sleeping under the stars. It's very close to main square which makes it a rediculously good choice for anyone coming to Marrakech to have a good time. Also, the staff are about the friendliest and helpful of any I've encountered and I took great joy in hanging out with them and swapping stories and laughs.

Best hostel I stayed in in Morocco, Jawad and Jalal are the coolest guys, they made us feel more than welcome, told us about the city and organised anything we needed. Jawad even gave me his desert outfit as I was going to the Sahara and needed one! Hostel is so cool too. Cannot recommend enough A++

• 13th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

"It's OK. You are home." This has never felt more true in any hostel. The staff was extremely accommodating, greeting us with tea whenever we walked in. They kept a friendly atmosphere amongst the guests by encouraging interaction through music (which was very impressive) and a terrace/lobby that is hard to walk away from. I would recommend this hostel to anyone wanting a place to relax, meet travelers, and understand the softer side of Merrakech, which is often missed in the busy streets.

Great stuff guys - especily joed ans jallal were nice

Great place. I am glad my friend recommended this hostel.

• 1st Jun 2015

Since I arrived I felt more than welcome to Waka Waka. Some friends had already suggested me this hostel, and now I realize why. The attention is great, the personal (Joed and Houssain) are really friendly and make you feel at home. The people you meet at the hostel are also amazing. Since I arrived they received me with the traditional Berber Whiskey (which is a traditional tea in Marrakech). I recommend Waka Waka for travelers that want to meet new people and have a taste of Morocco.

Very friendly,the staff always helping us.we had a great staying at waka waka,waka waka was absolutly awesome amazing place in the world

I've been to over forty hostels and this is by far the best hostel I've ever been to. This place is clean, the sleeping quarters are comfortable, the staff AMAZING, and the atmosphere is crazy cool. This hostel is a haven after a long day in the city, and is enough of a reason to stay a couple of extra nights. Seriously satisfied.

Staff is the best ever! They organized with me a surprise party to my friend and it was awesome!! Waka waka is a must!

• 23rd May 2015

Very good hostel! Nice people, good vibe, everything great!

• 23rd May 2015

We had a great stay at Waka Waka. Traditional breakfast in the mornings, great staff, a rooftop terrace that is cool to hangout on and centrally located

• 17th May 2015

Everything is very good but the rooms is very hot

Super friendly, very international, and able to help with whatever you need here. There isn't lockers, but I never once felt at risk leaving my phone to charge and going about my day or having my bag open in the rooms. The roof is a nice addition for camping out on. I had a wonderful stay!

Waka Waka was an experience in itself. The staff were friendly always making us tea. It was exceptionally hot while we stayed there which made it hard to sleep due to the lack of aircon or fans but there's not much you can do when it's 40 degrees at night so we ended us sleeping on the roof. Was overall a good experience.

I travelled for 1 month around Morocco and used Waka Waka as my main base whenever I returned to Marrakech. I spent a total of 6 nights here and after the first night the Hostel instantly felt like home. It's small, very reliable, comfortable, secure and safe. There was a constant stream of interesting travellers which adds a social element. Good music, super chilled vibes and the kindest, most warmest staff. Thanks for everything :) 10 out of 10 Sarah xx

• 12th May 2015

We had an amazing stay at Waka Waka it couldn't have been better! The best thing about this hostel is the staff, the best people you will ever meet! They are always willing to attend to you and as soon as you walk in they prepare you free tea and shisha which is cool! Super friendly and always up for a laugh, we made some great friends and will definitely be returning. Also loved the decoration of the hostel it's a colourful place to be! Thank you so much Waka Waka we miss you already!

The best in Morocco. Really friendly and helpful guys working there. Amazing experience for us.

• 7th May 2015