Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Sabai, 13, Marrakech, Morocco

We had an amazing stay at Waka Waka it couldn't have been better! The best thing about this hostel is the staff, the best people you will ever meet! They are always willing to attend to you and as soon as you walk in they prepare you free tea and shisha which is cool! Super friendly and always up for a laugh, we made some great friends and will definitely be returning. Also loved the decoration of the hostel it's a colourful place to be! Thank you so much Waka Waka we miss you already!

• 9th May 2015

The best in Morocco. Really friendly and helpful guys working there. Amazing experience for us.

• 7th May 2015

Lovely staff and best tea ever!

Well run and clean hostel, in a great location, 5-10 minutes walk away from the main Plaza, the Moroccan staff were fantastic and helpful. Only issue was the hostel was a little claustrophobic and it felt a little bit like everyone was on top of each other.

• 29th Apr 2015

The facilities were a quite uncleanly. When arrived, the staff was a bit rude about where our group would be staying and continually walked away from us when we were trying to make our payment. The hostel is located in a back alley, and most rooms are quite loud.

Book their desert tour (3 days 800 MAD, but totally worth it!!).

Welcoming and fun, staying here was one of the highlights of my trip. I had a great time staying at Waka Waka, met some cool people and had a great time on the desert tour we booked through hostel. The staff is very good at making you feel welcome to Morocco and help you with anything need.

• 17th Apr 2015

The atmosphere was great, a lot of people from around the world. It's located near the centre of the medina. We arranged a 3 days trip to Sahara from the hostel and it was great.

Great place, cheap, anything goes really. Just keep an eye on mohammed if you're a single female. No lockers but I left my sack here for four days and it was still there when I came back, so that's pretty good security.

• 10th Apr 2015

Great location and they met us when we arrived by taxi. However the room was right next to the communal area and it was very loud. Good breakfast and welcome drink.

Friendliest staff in the world, had an absolutely amazing time and would go back in a heartbeat.

• 1st Apr 2015

Hostel Waka Waka was absolutely awesome and definitely made my stay in Marrakech so much better! Not only was there a constant flow of free tea and shisha, but the staff was always helpful and giving advice, and the people we met there were incredible. We looked at a ton of different hostels in Marrakech before deciding on this one, and I can gladly say that I'd choose Hostel Waka Waka every time without question!

• 29th Mar 2015

Staff were very friendly and flexible. The only issue was finding the place!

• 29th Mar 2015

Amazimg value for money, everyone is realy nice! Friendly and helpfull!, definetly the best choice to stay in marrakech, its really close to the main square so it's realy safe, breakfast is very good and starts early wich is important if you book one of the (absolutely mindblowing) tours you can get from the hostel!

from the start the manager and the staff were very helpful, nice and informative. rooms were clean and there was an excellent atmosphere prices were good (for Marrakesh) I will defiantly stay again very nice hostel

• 22nd Mar 2015

very good location, near to the big square. Friendly staffs, and Moroccan atmosphere

Gorgeous hostel in Marrakesh. The staffe are nice and passionate and the atmosphere is perfect.

It's worth living here. This hostel is so awesome . The people are so friendly and you can get some free shisha smoking here at night. That's a perfect choice for the traveling

Very friendly staff. Excellent organised tours from hostel. Would highly recommend.

• 13th Mar 2015

Oh my goodness... Where to start! If you are staying in Marrakesh, it is absolutely necessary to stay at Waka Waka. I owe my incredible experience in Morocco to this wonderful establishment and its' staff! Hussein and Anis are 2 of the most genuine people I have ever met. Each day we were welcomed with an amazing breakfast they serve each morning, tea, cookies, and shishah around the clock, and most importantly, great company. These guys were so helpful to my curious yet clueless group. A must!

• 12th Mar 2015