Hostel Wien - Brigittenau (HI) Reviews

Adalbert Stifter Str. 73, Vienna, Austria

While far from the center this hostel was directly reachable from Schewat airport on S7 train and was will connected by trams to the center. My 4-bed dorm was large, high ceilings, quiet, and well ventilated. No on site bar was a bummer especially given the location, but this hostel has more of an institutional feel with what seemed to be school groups, so no bar made sense. Included breakfast was decent. Bedspread, for which a cover was provided looked dirty. Towels for sale not rent was weird.

The wi-fi didn't work in my room but it was declared in the room's list of services. The dinner is too early! The hostel wants you to have it before 19:00.

• 26th Sep 2014

I am a long distance cycler and if cycling along the danube the location is perfect. I did that last year. Now I cycled the Greenways-Prag track and coming from the north again the location is perfect.

The best self - service dinner for 7,00 eur. You can eat as much as you like and the food was very good.

I think in general the hostel is very good.The breakfast is perfect,the common area is big but I'm desappointed with the bathroom's cleanliness. They didn't clean the bathrooms for 3 days.They were smelly and always wet . The hostel isn't so close to the center,but is easy take transport to there.

• 16th Jul 2014

The hostel is not as youth-oriented as others I had planned on my trip. I was very surprised to find a full family with a baby on my floor for the first few nights. It's much more like a college dorm than a homey hostel. The complete ban on food or alcohol in the building makes things like sharing a drink much more difficult. The price is right, but I can't recommend this hostel for anyone hoping to make friends or grab people for a night out. It's not that type of vibe.

• 16th Jul 2014

It was a pleasant surprise to find out that contrary to expectations and original information we were assigned a twin room (as opposed to a four-bed dorm), and breakfast was included, too. The stay left a very positive impression overall.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

The hostel was pretty good and the breakfast was great. However, same of the staff were quite rude and the directions left on hostel world are terrible.

For all those who always like to complain about everything. This building is a passive house, therefore it makes sense that the windows are not supposed to be opened. In addition, a 12 minute walk to the next subway station won't kill you complainers. It is a very clean and modern place and worth the money since you also have a breakfast included. But yes it is more like a hotel which doesn't create a hostel ambience. Anyway you can get in thouch with people in the big lobby.

This building is huuuuge!!!! The facilities and service would be compared as any IBIS hotel around the world because of the size and quantity of groups coming and going it's extremely hard to make a nice atmosphere over there which is a pity and understandable but I can guarantee that u will have everything u need while in there about 15 minutes away from downtown by tran or sub which is located basically at the door step of the hostel very easy train system to be assimilate u won't have trouble

Windows cannot be opened and there is no AC or fan in the room so you can't control the temperature in the room making the room very dry during the night... It would be good if its possible to atleast open the windows to allow fresh air into the room..

I have spent two nights in this hostel with my girlfriend. In general the hostel is good, it is clean and modern and the free breakfast is very good and copious. But a few points are bad. The rooms are very small (at least the ones with two bunk beds), there is no kitchen or any place to prepare your own food (only a cantine in the hostel), the wifi is only available at the reception and the towels are not included in the reservation (you can bon little ones for 3€).

• 2nd May 2014

There's one attendant that pissed off me and my friends when we get there. Didn't move a finger to help us, and was rude. Lucky other attendats were good and told us it was all ok, and she didn't look right for our reservation.

really big hostel, full of teenagers and groups, you need to wait in line for the desk, helpful stuf, good breakfast, vending machines and easy communication with city centre. decent clean rooms, wi-fi only in the lobby

• 1st May 2014
  • Poland

It's a great hotel, very good price, clean and close to metro lines.

• 1st May 2014
  • Romania

The hostel is a youth hostel which is probably just been renovated, which doesn't complement the atmosphere. Hostel is clean but expensive and the location is not ideal (walking distance to nearest subway 15 min, then 10 min to town)

The new air ventilation system is quite noisy at night. Also the showerhead was below my chest! Apart from that I really enjoyed the stay. Friendly staff and nice building.

• 26th Apr 2014