Hostel Wien - Brigittenau (HI) Reviews

Adalbert Stifter Str. 73, Vienna, Austria

good for a one or two night stop, it's clean, there's a big commonarea,the breakfast is great, and the tram is across the street. on the down side, there's not much character or atmosphere, certainly not somewhere to meet people. my room was on the street front and as incredibly noisy.

• 29th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Best hostel in Vien

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Turkey

I actually really liked it. The staff was polite and helpful to me, it was super clean, with big rooms and lockers, a garden, a nice lobby to use the computer, great breakfast... Plus, I had to leave one night earlier, then I simply checked out before 10h, told them I was leaving earlier and they gave me my money back for the following night! It was indeed a bit far from the center, but I had planned to buy day tickets anyway, and it didn't take so long to get there, so I was really satisfied

This hostel was fine if you are just looking for somewhere to sleep. The room I stayed in was really old and dated, but it was ok. It was clean and tidy. The whole place just lacked personality and had zero atmosphere. Perhaps more suited to larger groups. Breakfast is included and it was fine. Location wasn't great. I felt nervous walking back from the train station at night as I had to walk under a dark bridge and along streets that were dimly lit.

The hostel provided clean rooms and decent breakfast. Other than that I wouldn't recommend this hostel for the average backpacker. Wifi was only accessible from the lobby, there was no social atmosphere, and it's location was far from most things worth doing.

It's located about 20 minutes by tram (2,30 euro ticket) from the city center. Tram stop it's just in fromt of the hostel. Car park available on the public streeet.

The man who owns it or is the manager really has an issue with everything you do, it's like no fun can happen here. It doesn't feel like a hostel at al but like a dodgy hotel, when I went there was a huge school trip so it was crowded with children. The meals are a rip off and the showers didn't work. It's also a million miles away from the centre and it's a nightmare going anywhere

Dear Guest, thank you for your comments. We are a bit sorry for you that you did have problems with our young guests, they are more than welcome in our YOUTH !! hostel ;-). Lots of other guests like our meals, we are sorry that you did not. A short message at the reception about your problem with the shower would have helped you quick and easy ;-) An least, It takes only 20 minutes by tram No. 2 to reach the city center, thats far away from "a million miles" . Best regards HI Brigittenau

Very big hostel. Largely caters towards groups. Breakfast is very nice. Wifi was quite bad sometimes, not accessible from the room. some of the staff were good but some just couldn't bother. awkward location but i'm not sure if all hostels in wien have equally bad location.

Very rude service and poor food quality.

Could not open windows SO HOT in summer. Bad AC system design. I engineer. No shades on windows Very light at 5 AM in summer. Cleaning staff does clean room. Desk staff did not know which train station (3) to use to get to hostel in Viena. We called and said "I do not know." Big problem to find place. No washing machine or dryer. No microwave. No glasses or good wall hooks in room. Breakfest was good. Lots of lounge space. Good security except had a nut case refused to evict.

Dear Guest, thank you for you comments. Just a few remarks on your comments: "SO HOT" is relativ - the room temparature is by average 21°C. We offered you a room with curtains/shades which you refused. Desk staff do know very well the way from train stations to hostel, in fact you did not know which train station you arrived and on which you are! We never offered the service of washing machines, dryers or a microwace, complaining about the lack is a bit weird. Best regards HI Brigittenau

Please clean the rooms properly before the guests arrive. There was hair in the "freshly clean" linen, in the bathroom. The hostel staff was not very friendly and welcoming. Doors do not open very easily with the keys and are a pain to work with. A tired guest when arrives in the hostel expects his/her bed to be ready and clean to have a good nights rest. The rooms felt like I was in a mental hospital or jail – very depressing.

There are certainly locations that are closer to the city center, but the breakfast is awesome! Cereals, fresh bread, ham, cheese, fruit, hot chocolate, coffee, juice,... :)

Our long weekend stay was enhoyable. The double room was clean, completely quiet but was scarely furnished for the large size. Included breakfast is major.plus, but withij walking distance were many food options as well as subway and train connections. Helpful and staff. Would recommend for a quiet, family friendly/ non party hostel.

• 14th May 2015
  • Austria

only problem, no kitchen to use.

In general I liked the hostel. It was clean and the staff willing to help us anytime. It was good in relation to its price! The problem is that you need metro or tram to take you to the city center. Also the bathroom was out of the room but it was only for women and clean.