Hostel Wien - Brigittenau (HI) Reviews

Adalbert Stifter Str. 73, Vienna, Austria

Near the metro. Excellent breakfast, rude staff

It is a bit out of the centre. Huge and clean facility. Correct treatment

good for a one or two night stop, it's clean, there's a big commonarea,the breakfast is great, and the tram is across the street. on the down side, there's not much character or atmosphere, certainly not somewhere to meet people. my room was on the street front and as incredibly noisy.

Best hostel in Vien

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Turkey

I actually really liked it. The staff was polite and helpful to me, it was super clean, with big rooms and lockers, a garden, a nice lobby to use the computer, great breakfast... Plus, I had to leave one night earlier, then I simply checked out before 10h, told them I was leaving earlier and they gave me my money back for the following night! It was indeed a bit far from the center, but I had planned to buy day tickets anyway, and it didn't take so long to get there, so I was really satisfied

This hostel was fine if you are just looking for somewhere to sleep. The room I stayed in was really old and dated, but it was ok. It was clean and tidy. The whole place just lacked personality and had zero atmosphere. Perhaps more suited to larger groups. Breakfast is included and it was fine. Location wasn't great. I felt nervous walking back from the train station at night as I had to walk under a dark bridge and along streets that were dimly lit.

The hostel provided clean rooms and decent breakfast. Other than that I wouldn't recommend this hostel for the average backpacker. Wifi was only accessible from the lobby, there was no social atmosphere, and it's location was far from most things worth doing.

It's located about 20 minutes by tram (2,30 euro ticket) from the city center. Tram stop it's just in fromt of the hostel. Car park available on the public streeet.

The man who owns it or is the manager really has an issue with everything you do, it's like no fun can happen here. It doesn't feel like a hostel at al but like a dodgy hotel, when I went there was a huge school trip so it was crowded with children. The meals are a rip off and the showers didn't work. It's also a million miles away from the centre and it's a nightmare going anywhere

Dear Guest, thank you for your comments. We are a bit sorry for you that you did have problems with our young guests, they are more than welcome in our YOUTH !! hostel ;-). Lots of other guests like our meals, we are sorry that you did not. A short message at the reception about your problem with the shower would have helped you quick and easy ;-) An least, It takes only 20 minutes by tram No. 2 to reach the city center, thats far away from "a million miles" . Best regards HI Brigittenau

Very big hostel. Largely caters towards groups. Breakfast is very nice. Wifi was quite bad sometimes, not accessible from the room. some of the staff were good but some just couldn't bother. awkward location but i'm not sure if all hostels in wien have equally bad location.

Very rude service and poor food quality.