Hostel Wien - Myrthengasse (HI) Reviews

Myrthengasse 7, Vienna, Austria

Well I think this is one of the most amazing hostels ever I went to I stayed for 7 nights and there is no bad thing I can mention staff are very friendly and super helpful and the breakfast is very good and you can find the city center so easily by walking if you have a map and only one station away by the U lines subway, actually I'll come back again when I'll be in Vienna again :)

This is the kind of hostel that tries to leech as much money out of you as possible. Firstly by making you pay a 4 euro payment for some hostel club then all the obscure fines. I never really felt comfortable here. The hostel has zero atmosphere. Wouldn't recommend.

Very well located place, 10 mins by walk from U-bahn Volksoper. Hostel provide bed linen, but you need to bring your own towels. As a great bonus - included breakfast.

Overall the hostel was very nice. A minus is the extra membership fee we had to pay at arrival in the hostel. This fee was not indicated anywhere online when we read about it and booked it. Also if you bring your own padlock, make sure it's big enough, or you will have to buy a new one there.

Staff seems unhappy with their job. The staff didn't smile a single time and they seemed somewhat annoyed when you asked them something, about public transport for example.

We came in to the train station at Stadion. There were no directions of how to get to the hostel from this station online. It took me 4 hours to finally find the hostel.

Good location, at 10 min by foot from Museum Quarter, restaurants and trams/metros not so far too. Spacious and clean bedroom ensuite. Breakfast included and with choice. Not really nice staff. Surplus of 3EUR to pay because not part of Hostel organization ! No padlock rented. Sheets to put and to give back to reception when leaving. WIFI only on ground floor...

Staff really helpfull, Big room and big locker. I was using only the metro, so a bit far away from the nearest station, but there is a bus, for those who don't want to walk ! Would go back there again if I go back to Vienna !

Excellent breakfast, though there was a rather long queue the one day on account of a large group of students staying in the hostel. Overall friendly staff, pleasant, bright, clean dorms, and good facilities.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. A very good H I hostel. Clean and comfortable. I thought the location was a bit far. It's at least a 10 min walk to anything. Otherwise, very good.

For 12 euro a night in a city like Vienna you're likely to get what you pay for: an old fashioned hostel with a pretty one-sided breakfast, you can't expect 4 star accomodation for that price. The location was pretty good, quiet street at walking distance of the museum quartier. The facilities are definitely outdated, the toilets a bit smelly and not to much of an ambiance in the common rooms. What is must disappointing though was the lack of power outlets in the dorms: 2 in a 6-person dorm.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Belgium

the wifi access is so poor that we can only get access at the reception

• 17th Aug 2015
  • China

Staff were excellent

No internet for the first two days of our stay and staff reply with grunts rather then using words. Our room got insanely hot every night. Also the design of the bunks in our room made it near impossible to get in and out of the top bunk. Average experience. Won't be back

• 11th Aug 2015

Staff weren't friendly or helpful when you needed anything. Atmosphere was horrible. Rooms were pretty bad. Only good thing about this place was the breakfast, had a really good breakfast. Wouldn't recommend.

The best thing was that I arrived really early and they gave me my room immediately without having to wait for the check in hour. however the atmosphere is really bad, if you are a solo traveler or young people avoid it, you won't meet people easily. The stuff was helpful but cold. the breakfast was really good, the other meals the opposite, don't do the mistake to pay and try them

Beds were very compfortable and brekfast was great, but dinner time changed from one day to another without any notice, so i cambe back to the hostel to fin out thar dinner was over an hour before that day and had to look for a place to eat. Internet conection is only at the lobby of the hostel.

Staff was ok, the facilities looked like it used to be a college dormitory in the 60s. They do NOT have double beds, all beds are bunk beds. They advertise differently on Hostelworld and are aware of this fact yet have no intention of changing it apparently. The atmosphere is also null. Very dead and boring. Lastly, Internet is only in common areas of the first building (they have 2 at least -- so if you're staying in second you have none) and wasn't working either. Do not recommend it.

This hostel is very different from what you would usually expect - it's not so much for young travellers, more of a family-/group place. The staff isn't very friendly, there's only wifi on the groundfloor, and there's close to no power outlets in the dorms (even though the dorms are pretty big). The area is great, so I would recommend for travellers/interrailers to rent an apartment close by.

The receptionist isn't nice, he was not friendly and Was annoyed. There was no atmosphere. We suggest this place to people who doesn't care about meetings.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7