Hostel Wien - Myrthengasse (HI) Reviews

Myrthengasse 7, Vienna, Austria

I go to Vienna several times a year and always stay in this hostel because I find it very convenient.

cool place easy going people very local good coffees shops bars pups easy to get around the back beautiful alleys and very near the center

The Hostel was good. Every room has their own showers and everything is really clean. We were in the second house which is close to the main house. This house could be more friendly with colours, decoration etc. Also we had to go to the first house to get our breakfast. It isn't a long walk but not the best solution (especially when it's raining and you have to dress up fully to get breakfast). All in all it was a comfortable stay and we would go there again.

Robbin: it looks like a ceremonial and the basement was the graveyard. Bas: they messed up our white laundry and especially mike's t-shirt. Mike: they had a really bad cooking guy and the food was terrible and it takes 3 hours to do one loundry shift. en ik mocht niet eens twee stukken kip pakken. Roland: één stopcontact per 6persoonskamer is een drama! Erik: good location, it was clean. alleen een grqfstemming Ze zijn vergeten om meer dan een stopcontact per 6persoonskamer te plaatsen

• 31st Jul 2013

The wifi doesn´t work or not enough (too slow and just in a room), there´s almost nobody in the second building so it seems like we´re in an hospital. In the room we just couldn´t say if the wheather outside was good or bad. The lights were too bright.

• 20th Jul 2013
  • Austria

It's a youth hostel, but you find a lot of groups there. We were in an other building across the street and had to take a little walk before we could reach the main building for breakfast. When you want to go to the centre you first have to take the bus and then you have to take the subway.

Not far from all of the tourist sites. We were placed around the corner from the main part of the hostel, so there wasn't really a main common area over there to meet people. In the main part of the hostel you could get internet and sit outside and mingle, but not in the annex portion. The room was a bit dusty, but the beds were clean and the lockers were good. There was a shower and sink in the room and toilets down the hall. Very secure and worth the price.

I really had an awesome stay there and it was perfect for me. I really can't complain about a thing. Located in the middle of everything you need - Museums, Shops, Cafes, Bars, Subway etc.

• 11th Jul 2013
  • South Africa

Regular hostel. A bit expensive for guests who are not members of HI. Breakfast included which is great. And although it is not located at the city center, it is easy to walk almost everywhere.

Excellent breakfast. Staff was very helpful with directions to places. Bathroom down the hall was always empty and clean, but it was a bonus to have the sink and the shower in our room. The only bad thing was that Internet access was not always dependable.

Really great location, with some supermarkets close by and lots of cafes and really cute stores. If you like walking, then things are in walking distance, (about 30 minutes to St. Stephen's Cathedral). Pretty clean, breakfast was nothing fancy.

• 23rd Jun 2013

Really fine.

The staff are typically very busy, so it is difficult to ask for recommendations or anything, but the whole hostel is very comfortable and sweet.

Breakfast should finish later (10 am on the weekend is too early). Curtains were old and not thick enough, the room was so bright that you couldn't sleep at all in the morning. Too few toilet-rooms for the number of guests.

I had a really nice time there. Great location, really near to city center and metro stations as well. Great rooms, with lockers (good ones), table and chair in the rooms, bathroom inside the room. Good breakfast, with three types of bread, ham and cheese, milk, coffee, fruits, hot chocolate, and lots more. Really nice! The only problem was the wi-fi, sometimes it was hard to get it inside the rooms, but almost all the times I could get it. If I come back to Vienna, I will stay there for sure.

The bathroom was realy dirty.

The only thing that wasn't nice is that we only had one electrical plug for 4 people... And also the Wifi was only on the main floor. Except these facts, I really recommand that hostel, it is very clean, staff is very welcoming and the price was good. Enjoy Vienna! =))

It was just fine, no critics to make. I have the possibility to go to Vienna more or less as often as I want, and I think that from now on this is going to be my regular hostel in that city.

very clean and good breakfast!

Two days spent in Myrthengasse Hostel, and it was nice. Clean rooms with shower, calm location, close to the MQ, some nice cafes and restaurants near, great breakfast. Very good for that prise!

• 14th Dec 2012