Hostel Wolna Chata Reviews

Krzywoustego 8, Gdansk, Poland

the design of hostel is very good and the staff is very kind and nice.this hostel is very cute i love it :)

Great value for money, helpful staff and good facilities. The hammock in the garden was definitely a plus! The location is not central, but Oliwa is a good area to stay in because it makes it easier to move around between downtown Gdansk, Sopot and Gdynia. Public transport is efficient and cheap and there's a good network of bicyle lanes connecting all the main spots. If the weather's nice I'd definitely recommend hiring a bike at the hostel. We did it and had a fantastic time!

Great place! Friendly staff, good location just minutes walk from the train station and clean throughout. I even had a roim to myself so slept like a baby. I would return!

The only problem was cleanliness in the bathrooms. Except of this hostel was really great!

I did not receive any spare bulb at the reception when the one at my bed lamp broke.

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Czech Republic

They cancelled my reservation and Hostelworld didn't even give me my money back. It's been already two weeks and I have no reply to my complaint. Watch out!

Unfortunately it is true. When we received the booking we took the place off the Hostelworld website 1 minute before. So it means that the booking which the customer made was after we change the availability on Hostelworld website. It was very short difference in time but unfortunately it happened.

I loved the place. Could use more bathrooms and some proper parking space, but other than that it was just great.

When you arrive you have this atmosphere of a big international family. People, who work there are amazing. Always smiling and very helpful. Even in a room for 8 people I slept like a baby, because the beds are so comfortable. You have to take a walk (25 minutes) to the beach but to the train station you have 2 minutes and you can be in 15 minutes in Gdańsk Główny or in 10 minutes in Sopot. The area is very peaceful! I enjoyed my holidays there!

• 6th Aug 2013
  • Poland

Great place close to the water front. Also provides bicycle rentals. Great atmosphere.

This place is GREAT! I ended up staying two extra nights, I had so much fun. Very clean, quiet, eco-friendly place. The staff are super-nice and extremely helpful (please be kind to them! They work so hard!). 20 min walk to the beach, 2 stops from Sopot, 6 stops from old town Gdansk. Free breakfast, beautiful garden, they rent bicycles. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

I received with warm welcome to this charming hostel with excellent staffs. Everywhere was really clean and well-organized. Staffs are always for us to help. I expected more of the noise from the streets, but it was really quiet. Kitchen facility was also very nice and clean when i cooked one evening and prepared extra things during breakfast as well. Thank you so much for your hospitality. Hostel has a beautiful garden where you can sit and relax. I will definitely come back!!!

• 12th Jul 2013
  • Poland

Excellent stay, thanks.

Great hostel, we stayed for 2 nights over the weekend whilst we attended Open'er Music festival in Gdynia and had a fantastic stay. The staff we're friendly and helpful, rooms were spotless and safe. We rented bikes and followed the road straight down to the beach which took less than 10 minutes to get to. I do hope to stay again!