Hostel Yellow Reviews

Dunajewskiego Street 6, Krakow, Poland

The curtains in my single room were transparent, so I had to undress in the dark. The drain in the shower was partly blocked, so after couple of minutes I was standing in the pool of water. Doors were not great at blocking the noise from the corridor. Everything was clean, the staff very friendly. Location is great- just outside the old city and 1 km from train station. Overall it was good, but not great.

Location was allright but the problem with this hostel is that it in not as advertised. There are lots of errors in the hostel description on hostelworld. Major error that we had to deal with was parking. If you're coming to Krakow by car then choose a different hostel..Also 2/3 of the staff we had the pleasure of meeting were not very well informed and seemed almost annoyed by our presence. Very noisy at night. All in all I will not be coming back there any time soon.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Everything is fine in general. Nice place, rather spacious rooms and rest area. The hostel is situated just in the Old Town. Only one note, the own car-parking place is declared, what is not true. So if you traveling by car, you need to find parking place nearby. We were lucky and found 100 m away from the entrance to the hostel.

Adjacent to historic downtown, so good location. Hostel is situated in 2 residential buildings connected by a courtyard. In our building there was no reception or staff, but video monitored. Overall good hostel. Offered breakfast was not so good

I liked everything. It's like 3 minutes from main square market on foot, and if you need to get anywhere, staff is eager to show you direct. Big locker in nice looking room (which were recently renovated, as I was told). I usually prefer bed without breakfast, but I actually felt bad about the bargain I made on them, so I bought extra breakfast, and that was the best breakfst I' ve ever eaten in hostel! Too bad they don't sell alcohol, but fortunately there are shops everywhere near.

• 25th Nov 2013
  • Poland

Great common space, dorms with dirty carpets.

I usually don't bother to review hostels but this one deserves one. It was really nice and clean, with good atmosphere and the staff were also very nice and helpful. Plus the breakfast is quite rich, with tomatoes, cucumber, cheese and ham that you actually believe comes of a pig :)

The low score is based on the experience I had. The toilets were dirty. Also, when I got my laundry back one of my shirts was completely ruined, stained yellow (no other clothes were this color). They refused to even refund me the laundry fee, saying it was my fault for washing colors/whites together, but I have washed the same clothes together many times without problem. Poor customer service.

Great place, very kind and helpfully stuff, great location - 2min from the main market square, very clean rooms (stayed in double bed private - nice, silent, maybe a bit small - around 9-10sqm). For sure coming back:)

The location is perfect, very close to the Teatr Bagatela tram stop, cleanliness is considerably good. Bathrooms are shared, but cleanliness is pretty much ok. Staff is helpful and female staff is cute. The biggest minus of the hostel is - there is almost no sound isolation in the rooms - my room was at the end of the corridor, but I could easily hear people talking to each other at the reception (around 25 meters away from me). Beds are very comfortable in private rooms, at least.

Excellent location, very close to the main square. However, the rooms and bathrooms were very dirty abnd looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a while. showers were dirty and cold. There were not enough toilets for all guests. Staff were friendly and organised a tour to Auschwitz for us.

Great value for the money, and a close walk to both the old town and the train station. The staff was really friendly, and gave us some great tips on places to go. Also the breakfast was great. I would definitely recommend!

Hey! Thanks you for your kind words :) I only wonder - why did you rated our location as 4/5? Isn't "close walk to both the old town and the train station" (i checked by myself, and it's less than 3 minutes from our hostel to main square) good enough for max score?

Nice place in a really good area but is a quite dirty place, the rooms are smelly and the WC is a nightmare. The Staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is good. Is a cheap option just to sleep.

• 3rd Jul 2013
  • Mexico

Well located hostel, with excellent facilities and breakfast. Beds were ok, but not the best we have stayed in, but they are upgrading some of the rooms. Otherwise good hostel.

The private rooms are located in a different block away from the main building where the reception and common rooms(living, computers, kitchen) are, but still within the same compound. Good value for money considering its location to the train station (20 min) and main market square (5 min). I was impressed that breakfast is included and is decent (cucumber & tomato salad, sasauges, ham, bread etc.). Minus is the noisy external construction that starts early if you're placed at the adjacent blk.

Staff were excellent, mvery knowledgable about Krakow/surrounding area and gave suggestions on activities and where to move on to on our travels. Breakfast (free) and laundry service (couple of zloty) were welcome perks. Very short walk to main square.

There wasn't anything outrageously bad about this hostel, but I just had a kind of unpleasant feeling the whole time I was there. Bathrooms were only semi-functional and seemed dirty, room was a bit grubby, and the whole place was just ... well, average. Good breakfast, though.

the hostel is great, I recommend for young people.

• 15th Feb 2012
  • Spain

every think ok Thank-you very much

They did not respect our reservation, and send us to another hostel where we had to pay more.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7