Hostel Zeus Reviews

27 Sofokleous St, Athens, Greece

2086 Total Reviews

Was cold in the room and the staff wouldnt give us blanket as aparently "was not yet winter".

Necessary a key for every single bed per room, can't be a single key per room

• 2nd Oct 2015

Staff saved my life on my trip to athens! I needed my boarding pass printed and had already checked out and it was 5am and the guy printed my boarding pass for me! I was so grateful!! I stayed here 3 years ago and stayed again just now. I'll probably stay again because of the location and staff.

I think you should keep track of your guests' behaviors (like the syrian case) for smoking, inappropriate clothing, and loudness. Also toilets should be more cleaner. The bed sheets had blood stains on them. Low prices does not mean you can ignore these basic facilities.

• 24th Sep 2015
  • AycaA
  • Turkey

The hotel is really nice, and the beds really comfortable. By the add I couldn't know that in the bedrooms has air conditioner.. The only bad thing about the Hotel is the shower.. In the third floor some times it got cold, and started to loose strength.. In the first floor, one of the shower had a small thing to have a shower.. And that was really bad too..

• 9th Sep 2015

This is the worst hostel I've ever seen. After I checked in, I wanted to have a shower because it was 40 degreeds outside but I had no water. I asked to the staff and they told me, there is no water between 11:00 am and 4:00 pm. I wait until 5 then I had an amanzing freezing shower. And the best part is, no water in showers, no water in toilets, so you can not flush...So I highly don't recommand this hostel even it's good location.

lot of mosquitoes! bathroom is horrible! Staff is very very nice! lil far from station. There is a walking tour guide, who picks u from hostel! but he is not certified! not a best option to stay, but manageable!

Nice enough hostel, very hot in the rooms. Only spent one night here and very last minute booking

The staff was amazing and always willing to help. The rooms were clean, the bathrooms small and slightly sketchy, but worth the money and worked. The wifi was spotty at best, I used the free wifi from the hotel across the street and it worked better. The location is perfect for getting lost in alleys full of great bars, hangout spots, and shops. My main concern was that there was no central place to hang out and meet others. Otherwise, would recommend.

It's a well located spot and very cheap and the beds are comfy! Unfortunately it's not very clean, the showers are rather "wet boxes", the AC didn't work and the WIFI stopped working all the time.

Was really disappointed staying here. We came and checked in and were given no information. Wifi didn't reach our room and only two powerpoints in the room. Air con didn't work and so we left our windows open only to get stung with multiple mosquito bites. The heat was unbearable with the window closed. Didn't sleep because of the heat. The bunks were flimsy and when the person on the bottom moved, it shook the entire bed. The showers were gross and full of water at the bottom.

Crazy to make a customer pay extra to make the payment to the hostel (credit card system)! That is bad customer service!!! Make your money some other way, rise the price or whatever, but dont charge extra for getting paid whatever your banking deal is! The staff was good, but the cleaning lady super rude, acting inpolite, disadvantage for the hostel in general.

hostel filled with bed bugs and fleas. the staff moved us from room 22 to 24, but the problem was the same. they didn't offer a refund or anything. they blame it on the customers who bring bed bugs instead of taking responsibility for it. very noisy at night

Great hostel, great staff. Would definitely recommend the free walking tour that happens every day at 10am from the hostel.

it is the worst hostel i have ever stayed! very poor staff,dirty rooms and toilets.wi-fi does not work in rooms and poor light in roomsno place to keep your luggage.

This place is close to the Acropolis and other attracttions and easy to reach from the airport or train station. The staff was really nice and helpful!! The security was not great, there was only one key for each room, and there were no lockers. The bathrooms/showers were not super clean, and the showers had terrible pressure. If you are just looking for a cheap place to sleep in a central location Zeus is ok but if you want atmosphere or you are picky about cleanliness then go somewhere else.

The bathrooms are a bit gross and are not very private at all. The showers smelled very bad. We couldn't find the air conditioning remote and when we asked the front desk for help, one of the workers came upstairs, looked at the aircon, and then left without saying a word. He never came back to even tell us if it worked or not. He was so rude and VERY UNHELPFUL. We are returning to Athens in a week, but definitely NOT staying here.

My room was comfortable with a large window and AC (didn't work very well). There was a shortage of outlets and space but we managed.. The wifi was fast and easy to use. The free walking tour was great! The bathrooms were okay, the sinks are in the room so you have to go back to your room to wash your hands and the sinks are small so I often got water on the floor when I was washing my face. The rooftop patio was so dirty but it was nice to have.

The hostel is located in a great spot near the heart of town and easily accessible by metro and Its not the most modern of hotels and the rooms are small. We paid for an airconed room and it worked on the first night but not on the second which was terrible in the heat of Athens. Showers were not very clean also. Good if you dont want to spend much time at the hostel and more time exploring the city

very nice place, the decoration is really cool, and the facilities are spacious, the only inconvenient i had, was the lack of an elevator, i stayed on the 3rd floor, and getting my luggage up the stairs 3 floors, was a bit hard.... the bathrooms and rooms were always clean. the location was centric, close to one of the main metro stations, so it was really easy to get there from the station.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4