Hostel Zeus Reviews

27 Sofokleous St, Athens, Greece

1993 Total Reviews

Good location but very limited facilities and very little service offered for the price we paid which we considered expensive for a basic hostel. Also only having one key per room proved to be a hassle.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Basic facility but cheap. You can get your laundry done overnight for 10 euro. Staff is very friendly. Located near a lot of shopping and an open market. Don't let the graffiti in the area scare you.

When I book a hostel I don't expect much but I do expect three simple things - a key to my room, a sheet to cover me at night and a secure place to put my things. Hostel Zeus offered none of these. You had to share one key between four people which meant I was woken both at midnight, then again at 1 am, then again at 4am when I had to be up early at 6.30am. There was no sheet to cover me whilst I froze and lastly there is zero security. Anyone can access the room as well as the hostel.

Too noisy people inside the hostel, too dirty bathroom, poor wifi, extremely dirty sheets and bad smell everywhere. I had a roomate who was sneering like a crazy cow and it wasn't possible to change room. The blond guy in the reception was very polite. The only good thing. But stay away from it. Spend more money and go to better place. It was a nightmare. My first experience in hostel and the last one!

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Greece

The location was good, did not feel safe walking alone at night though. The showers were okay with the only exception that the first night i took my shower and there was a couple getting it on even if i was clearly in the shower next them. The bed were okay. The air conditining was really weak so the room became really hot fast. My room was near a busy street and the windows bearly covered the light. Not recomended for light sleepers,

The whole hostel needs cleaning. The showers were dirty, the basins in the rooms are dirty, the common area (balcony) is filthy. Also you should give more than just a sheet, maybe a blanket??

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Mauritius

This hostel is in a great location with lots of options for inexpensive, good food. This is great because there isn't a kitchen in this hostel. There were no lockers, but there is a safe at reception where you can drop your valuables. The staff was extremely helpful and kind. The free walking tour has a pick up at this hostel and is worth doing. Overall, it wasn't fancy and there was chipped paint, but you get what you pay for. I was happy with my stay here.

Everything is ok. At first i think it is bad because no WiFi in the room. But I found this is very good for sleeping.

Good enough for just one night. Pretty clean, nice staff. Close to metro

Pretty dodgy area. Felt a bit unsafe walking alone. Wouldn't recommend for solo female travellers. Only one key per room, so for 4 people. Last one has to drop off at reception. Can get annoying at times.

Good if you only plan on staying one night or not being on hostel much as location great but bathrooms weren't very clean and wifi only worked in stairwell.

Hostel Zeus was the worst that i ever been to. Not clean, no internet in the rooms (have to sit in the stairs to use wifi). No comun rooms. When i arrived it was raining and the water was getting in the room. The location is ok but you dont get anything that you expect from a hostel, just a bed with 1 sheet and 1 blanket. That´s it.

• 28th May 2015
  • Portugal

Stayed here 1 night, wasn't the best... The bathrooms and showers were not the cleanest, and the overall feel of hostel was a bit strange... Probably because there wasn't a common room (evident common room anyway - i think there may have been a rooftop terrace... but not sure..). The WiFI in this place is the worst I have ever experienced - I gave up in the end - as you have to sit by the stairs to get any sort of signal! The bunk beds are a bit unstable & shaky too...

On the positive side the guy working in reception (who seemed to be always there) was really helpful!!! Thank you!!! Things to improve is description "tea/coffee making facilities" is misleading when you are just selling drinks but people cannot make their own. The light in the rooms could be a bit lighter especially where there is no daylight through the window, as we were really struggling to see sometimes when packing/unpacking. Other than that everything was good.

It is not the best place to stay but it is cheap. I stayed for just one day and it was ok.

The staff is indifferent about you, they don´t have lockers at bedrooms, and didn´t even have sheets for all of us.The bathroom we´re so dirty that I didn´t want to have a shower, and there was one wc thrwoed up.

Normal hostel

Rooms are horrendously hot and the a/c didn't work but really close to the Acropolis and staff are really helpful

This hostel is fine; you get what you pay for, which amounts to simple yet well-maintained and clean facilities. It's nothing fancy, but it's 10 euros a night so you can't argue with that. The location is great, in the old part of town, close to Monastiraki Square. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Security was ok - no lockers, but rather a communal storage closet. No common room, so a bit difficult to meet people...probably best for a shorter stay, but decent experience overall.

I liked the Hostel Zeus so well that I came back there to stay after being in the islands for 2 weeks. The staff are very helpful. Although there is no kitchen, you can find cheap food in the area if you look. They do charge 5%to use a credit card, so bring cash if you want to save a little. It is very close to everything in the old part of town and close to the metro.

« first « Prev 1 2 3