Hostel Zeus Reviews

27 Sofokleous St, Athens, Greece

My friend and I have stayed in numerous hostels while traveling around Europe and this was by far our favorite. The staff was super helpful and provided us with a ton of resources and information when we first arrived. We definitely recommend it to anyone traveling to Athens

• 13th Apr 2014

The room I stayed in was so cold at night and the blanket was too thin to keep warm. I was attracted by the free city tour but on the day when I stayed the staff first told me to go to the entrance of Acropolis. Then when I went there I found no free tour but only many who came to offer me charged services. So disappointed.

Nice hostel. Close to metro station monesteraki and the nightlife at psirri is 10min by walking. Safe, friendly staff, nice rooms and enough toilets and bathrooms, just a nice place to stay.

The hostel doesn't have anything special. There is no area for people interact with each other. The bathrooms are bad, the lightbulb in one of them didn't work and the showers were awful, totally broken and sometimes they ran off hot water. Every time i tryed to get my key they gave me, even employees that never saw me in there, asking no questions. There are no lockers.

Excellent place. I really think that I got more than what I paid. Every one is super nice and helpful. At first the location seems a advantage but I realized it's even better: you're only 30 min away if meteora and you have plenty of places to eat and drink. Everything is much cheaper than in kalambaka.

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

2nd time in the hostel, even better than last time! Very friendly and fun staff, area around the hotel has become more quite and secure. Great value for money!

if you are travelling on a budget this is the best place to stay. the location is excellent. in the heart of town. with many shops around. the room and bed is good and clean. the beds need an individdual light . is very basic the hostel but is all very good. i would choose the hostel again

It was fine. The showers looked gross and there were no lockers, but the guy at the front desk was really nice. It was totally deserted the night I was there but it was fine and cheap. No kitchen and the wifi doesn't work in the rooms.

Good location and friendly staff but the standard of the rooms were not the best.

• 29th Nov 2013
  • Sweden

Its a nice hostel. The showers doesnt look so good but theres warm water. The tour with the tour guide is really recommending though. Good value for money.

good location and friendly staff. but the wi-fi don't work well and can not reach above the 1st floor. showers are okay but hangers and a lock on the shower room door be nice. because there is no way to hang ur cloths in the shower room and coming out to change u risk getting seen. alot of mosquitoes around but that maybe due to the hot weather.. so bring your insect repellers.

You get what you pay for, this hostel is pretty average but great for travelling on a budget.

It was good value for money. Get there by Athinas and no by the other street because it can get quite dangerous. Even if one of the staff members was really friendly, the other one refused to phone a taxi at 6:00 am in the middle of the night because they were only supposed to phone taxis to go to the port or airport, and not to bus stations. Very unhelpful!!1 As for the rest it's more a hotel than a hostel because it has no kitchen or common areas during low season.

• 21st Oct 2013