Hostel Zeus Reviews

27 Sofokleous St, Athens, Greece

1904 Total Reviews

Great place to stay while knowing the Mother Greece, craddle of the Western culture!

Great location, the staff was very helpful!

Great location but the rooms were noisy and cold, and they didn't clean the toilets very well. Wifi in limited areas and people smoking in the hallways.

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Micronesia

The idea that use regions to name every room is pretty surprised by me. If the light is brighter, the better feelings people would get. In general, a worth place to stay.

There was a drunk guy breaking the glasses of the window, I felt very insecure, and the toilets were always dirty, flushes weren't working.

I was disappointed upon arriving at the location. There is very little information about walking tours in the area as advertised--the excuse being that we visited during "off-season" (mid-February). The room I stayed in was always cold, sometimes colder than the weather outside. The bathrooms were not as clean as I expected either, showers are awful. Wi-fi doesn't work in the rooms. Area is shady at night. I've experienced better hostels for similar low prices.

I had a great time there. The staff is super nice and helpful.

The internet signal is very weak, not working in the rooms. In the bathroom not there is a good structure, lack of space to put the clothes, soap ...

BEDBUGS!!!! I was lucky that I was able to avoid the two I found and there weren't any on our clothes or luggage. The hostel was filthy. I think the shower mad me dirtier. I would never stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone. I had low expectations and it actually was worse than my lowest expectations. They define a new low.

Costumer care is wonderful, they give you all the attention and information you need, and the location is the best, just in the most wonderful neighborhood in Istambul. The building is quite old, and the bathroom is a bit small and uncomfortable. The private rooms are in the 3th floor and there are no lifts, so you have to climb by yourself. Make sure you turn the heater on at wintertime cause it´s very cold.

I stayedhere for 6 days. excepet the location from the main city, I can`t help feeling disappointed about the other things, like cleailiness, facilities, and the temparature, and so on. Especailly when it comes night, the room comes like outside, it `s so so cold.. I woke up for three times in the middle of night. So if you are not just looking for the hostel at this cheap price, I recommend you to look for the other hostel. That`s all!

• 25th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Good stay!

A cheap and central place but with no communal space - lounge, kitchen, bar etc - it was usual to find a lot of people just sitting on the stairs to socialise or to use their phones / laptops. Good for a budget trip, but if you want more than the absolute bare essentials this place isn't for you.

There was damage to the building while I was there. Water was coming in to the building, so there were buckets everywhere trying to catch all the water. Plus, there was no heating, and you were only given one blanket. They wouldn't give me another, because so many people were already sleeping with two. In summary, it was very wet, and very cold.

Not much to do in this hostel no communal area, close to the station and only 20mins walk to acropolis museum, reception was very helpful and friendly

I can totally recommend this hostel because its near the center and very cheap!

• 4th Dec 2014

The showers are awful, there are no lockers in the rooms and the area can be quite dangerous at night time.

The hostel is the best compromise between cheap and good. It's perfectly clean and despite the area is the safest place to stay. Only negative points: the wifi did not work at all and younger guests keep smoking along the communal staircases. Generally good for the rest. Highly recommended for penny-pinchers.

• 28th Oct 2014

Cheap bed but make sure you have plenty to do during the day because you won't want to be there anymore than you have to.

We had to walk upstairs 5 floors to get to the room. The "common area" does not have wifi range and it looks more like an abandoned dumping site area. Occasionally you will see an abandoned chair per floor to use the internet or sit by the stairs as it doesnt work in the rooms either. Moved out of it the next day, very very uncomfortable.