Hostel Zeus Reviews

27 Sofokleous St, Athens, Greece

2066 Total Reviews

It's a well located spot and very cheap and the beds are comfy! Unfortunately it's not very clean, the showers are rather "wet boxes", the AC didn't work and the WIFI stopped working all the time.

Was really disappointed staying here. We came and checked in and were given no information. Wifi didn't reach our room and only two powerpoints in the room. Air con didn't work and so we left our windows open only to get stung with multiple mosquito bites. The heat was unbearable with the window closed. Didn't sleep because of the heat. The bunks were flimsy and when the person on the bottom moved, it shook the entire bed. The showers were gross and full of water at the bottom.

Crazy to make a customer pay extra to make the payment to the hostel (credit card system)! That is bad customer service!!! Make your money some other way, rise the price or whatever, but dont charge extra for getting paid whatever your banking deal is! The staff was good, but the cleaning lady super rude, acting inpolite, disadvantage for the hostel in general.

Great hostel, great staff. Would definitely recommend the free walking tour that happens every day at 10am from the hostel.

it is the worst hostel i have ever stayed! very poor staff,dirty rooms and toilets.wi-fi does not work in rooms and poor light in roomsno place to keep your luggage.

This place is close to the Acropolis and other attracttions and easy to reach from the airport or train station. The staff was really nice and helpful!! The security was not great, there was only one key for each room, and there were no lockers. The bathrooms/showers were not super clean, and the showers had terrible pressure. If you are just looking for a cheap place to sleep in a central location Zeus is ok but if you want atmosphere or you are picky about cleanliness then go somewhere else.

The bathrooms are a bit gross and are not very private at all. The showers smelled very bad. We couldn't find the air conditioning remote and when we asked the front desk for help, one of the workers came upstairs, looked at the aircon, and then left without saying a word. He never came back to even tell us if it worked or not. He was so rude and VERY UNHELPFUL. We are returning to Athens in a week, but definitely NOT staying here.

My room was comfortable with a large window and AC (didn't work very well). There was a shortage of outlets and space but we managed.. The wifi was fast and easy to use. The free walking tour was great! The bathrooms were okay, the sinks are in the room so you have to go back to your room to wash your hands and the sinks are small so I often got water on the floor when I was washing my face. The rooftop patio was so dirty but it was nice to have.

The hostel is located in a great spot near the heart of town and easily accessible by metro and Its not the most modern of hotels and the rooms are small. We paid for an airconed room and it worked on the first night but not on the second which was terrible in the heat of Athens. Showers were not very clean also. Good if you dont want to spend much time at the hostel and more time exploring the city

very nice place, the decoration is really cool, and the facilities are spacious, the only inconvenient i had, was the lack of an elevator, i stayed on the 3rd floor, and getting my luggage up the stairs 3 floors, was a bit hard.... the bathrooms and rooms were always clean. the location was centric, close to one of the main metro stations, so it was really easy to get there from the station.

Untidy tables and chairs in the common area.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Belgium

I stayed in an 4 mixed dorm for 4 night at the hostel. The security was fine. The location was very good because it is near the subway station Monastiraki, must see of Athene. The crew of the hostel wasn't always nice. The bathroom and toilets weren't clean but good enough for a hostel.

• 29th Jul 2015

The room and the toilets were not very clean.

• 29th Jul 2015

Good location but the hostel is a bit strange, it lacks a good common area and so there is no one around, not a great place to meet people.

we stayed as a part of med experience group. the staff were friendly, and the atmosphere of the place was pretty good. the bathroom in the shared room was very poor, but the bathroom in our private room was immaculate. the aircon and wifi both worked well

I arrived to Hostel Zeus from the airport. It's very easy to find.. and it's really central .. I never used transport to get to the historic sites . From the hostel you can also take a free tour of athens in the morning EVERYDAY- I really recommend that. Just excellent ... I recommend this hostel .. :) Chantelle Mifsud (Malta)

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Malta

The hostel is great and very qwerky. However, we were on the top floor and because of the noise from other people on the balcony, we were unable to sleep which was incredibly annoying.

BUGS BUGS BUGS. I arrived to Zeus Hostel at 4:00am, for one night after a long flight and I just wanted to sleep some hours. They gave me a room and told me 'we dont have a key for you, so if the room is locked knock the door and somebody will open it for you', meaning some guest in the room. I rested literally twenty seconds in the bed and I GOT BITTEN BY DOZENS OF BUGS!! I asked for a refound but they wouldn't give me the money back. I left that horrible place at 5:00am. WORST PLACE EVER.

Good location (close to all the main attractions in Athens) and easy to get to by metro from airport or ferry port. Staff was super awesome and helpful. Rooms could be cleaner as well as the bathrooms but overall good for a night or two.

Only problem is that internet doesn't work in the bedrooms. Average hostel with good value for money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4