Hostel Zeus Reviews

27 Sofokleous St, Athens, Greece

2027 Total Reviews

The room and the toilets were not very clean.

• 29th Jul 2015

Good location but the hostel is a bit strange, it lacks a good common area and so there is no one around, not a great place to meet people.

I arrived to Hostel Zeus from the airport. It's very easy to find.. and it's really central .. I never used transport to get to the historic sites . From the hostel you can also take a free tour of athens in the morning EVERYDAY- I really recommend that. Just excellent ... I recommend this hostel .. :) Chantelle Mifsud (Malta)

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Malta

The hostel is great and very qwerky. However, we were on the top floor and because of the noise from other people on the balcony, we were unable to sleep which was incredibly annoying.

The place was nice, I wish the wifi had been better though- getting online was always spotty. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, though, and helped me find my way around town. I'd recommend hostel Zeus to people taking a trip to Athens.

• 16th Jul 2015

Good for an over night stop

The only common room was on the roof terrace at the top of the building. No stairs, so wear comfy shoes. The fact that there wasn't a kitchen was surprisingly inconvenient. Very friendly staff and willing to help! Good location, not in a touristy area and near the local markets! It seems sketchy at first but the street is very safe.

Very good location near the main square. No lockers in the rooms.

The staff in the reception was nice with me, but the cleaning staff was very rude. It was an old lady who started to yell out at us because we were using the AC. The toilets are not the best but the showers were comfortable. The beds are also. There's not much control of who gets in and who gets out of the hostel, and there's no lockers in the rooms so be careful with your stuff. Location is great.

I didn't know what to expect when I read the comments when I booked, but it was a very nice hostel. I had absolutely no problem with the cleanliness of the hostel, while other comments suggested it would be filthy. I had a very nice stay, you get what you expect from a hostel (shower, toilets, a room with a bed and a place to chill), nothing more nothing less. The people are very nice and they have a terras on the rooftop where you can chill with other guests. Would definitely recommend it.

Staff was not so friendly and sometimes sarcastic. Only one plug in each room and there is no locker.

Wi-Fi doesn't really work in the rooms, there are no lockers, and the staff doesn't do much to make up for the lack in the hostels infrastructure.

my dear freind the staff work at the reception and do there very best to cater for the needs of the guests......do you want them to be handyman- builders or painters aswell????

If you want to take a shower, good luck!!

We didn't have a safe in the room, but there was one at the reception.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Bulgaria

The bath towel provided was too small for a bath towel.

Junio 2015. No se puede pedir mas por el precio. Baño incomodos, sucios y 2 duchas para 5 cuartos por piso. Buena localizacion.

Ewww... this place was kind of just... ewww If this place was cheaper I wouldn't be trippin' out.

Good location but very limited facilities and very little service offered for the price we paid which we considered expensive for a basic hostel. Also only having one key per room proved to be a hassle.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Basic facility but cheap. You can get your laundry done overnight for 10 euro. Staff is very friendly. Located near a lot of shopping and an open market. Don't let the graffiti in the area scare you.

When I book a hostel I don't expect much but I do expect three simple things - a key to my room, a sheet to cover me at night and a secure place to put my things. Hostel Zeus offered none of these. You had to share one key between four people which meant I was woken both at midnight, then again at 1 am, then again at 4am when I had to be up early at 6.30am. There was no sheet to cover me whilst I froze and lastly there is zero security. Anyone can access the room as well as the hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3