Hostel Zocalo Reviews

Calle 63 #508, between 62 and 60, on the main plaza, Merida, Mexico

Location brilliant right on Plaza, guy who runs it really helpful especially as I was not well and he also ran trips. Beautiful old colonial building. Good value for money too.

Loved our stay here. I was travelling with two small children and found everyone very welcoming. The only thing I didn't enjoy much was that smoking was allowed in common areas, since I'm not a smoker and try to keep my kid away from smoke. Otherwise, the hostal and staff were excellent and very accommodating. They even let me use a locker for my baggage between check-out time and my bus which left seven hours later. Thank you Hostal Zocalo!!! Highly recommended!!!

• 18th Aug 2014

Having spent two nights at this hostel I am shocked that this place has a 90% rating. The person who checked us in was incredibly rude and uninterested in us. The hostel was very unclean. There was a sewage drain that was blocked and thus flooded, which combined with the rain meant that we had to walk through sewage water that was literally contaminated with faeces. The smell was horrendous and it beggared belief that this wasn't dealt with.

Good breakfast!

The staff, particularly one of the guys that is usually there at night I don't really remember his name but he has dark hair and always had his sunglasses with him. was amazing was able to hook us up with a very good deal to chichen itza and a cenote for around 500 pesos. not only that but he was able to tell us where other local do around there. he was a big help.

The location is amazing on the zocola and some of the rooms have balconies facing it, our room was spacious also. When we there, the atmosphere was very subdued, it reminded me of a library or monastery. Maybe they could put in some music to help. Also a curtain over a toilet is not much privacy if taking a dump!

• 22nd Jul 2014

Very quiet and relaxed hostel at the probably best location in Merida. Also they offer tours in which they show you around the sights Merida. The value for them could be better though... However, Oscar brings you to secret spots, great Mexican restaurants and you see a lot in a short time.

Good location, everything right at your doorstep. Pros: location, breakfast (eggs, toast, cereal, every fruit you could want, yogurt, beans, the list goes on!) very good. In house tour guide Cons: men's bathroom, shower curtains for toilet doors, why? No aircon. All around a good hostel, no air con and quite an open place meant mo sleep ins however...

We stayed there for 6 nights and felt really comfortable, the mattresses are the most comfortable we slept on. Stuff is nice and helpful, breakfast is really good, kitchen has everything you need. The shared bathroom is always clean and although there is no air conditioning, it´s not too hot at night. We met really nice people there.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Awesome hostel, great location and service. I would only reccomend to add more privacy to the men's toilets, the curtain is not that cool.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Amazing location and really good hostel in a colonial house on the main square. They have good, big lockers and a really nice breakfast.

I LOVE THIS PLACE! Great people, great atmosphere, GREAT breakfast!! right in the centre of Merida, everyone was so nice, i even got give some fruit for the road! haha. It was hard to leave!! thankyou!xx

Here is what makes this hostel totally with it: yes, it does not have a pool like nomades, and is a little less populated but I really enjoyed not being hurded in like cattle in other hostels. U feel like u are in another time here and u get the true feel of this city here because the architecture is amazing. The beds are the best beds I've slept on no joke for this trip. They are not bunk beds! Staff is nice. Breakfast is slamming. Location couldn't be better! It was so nice to stay here!!!

Breakfast was excellent! The private room was a little bit tight and closed; men's toilets need a door for better comfort. The staff was nice and the tour to Uxmal was good! The atmosphere was very nice! We spent a great time! :)

Si la atmósfera es muy buena, porque me pone esa calificación , en atmósfera. Tal vez porque era muy buena, cuando usted estaba pero cuando se fue se convirtió en sólo buena. Saludos

Great hostel, conveniently located, free lockers and towels. Good price, breakfast is abundant, good Wi-Fi. Free water and tea are always a plus, especially in the humid and hot weather of Merida. The staff is great as well, especially Joel. Can't complain about anything.

Great location just right on the side of plaza zocalo , beside the casa de montejo 。nice kitchen u have everything there ,super great breakfast . And the reception jhoel and halbib are really helpful to answer all ur questions. the owner Moises is super kind and funny. Definitely recommond this hostel!

Amazing stay at hostel zocalo! As everybody else has mentioned breakfast is unbelievable! The rooms are gorgeous and very spacious also beds are comfy :) Staff are also very nice and excellent location!!! Also if you get the chance do a tour with Oscar via the hostel you will guaranteed have a ball!!!! Thanks for having us will definitely come back one day!

A buffet breakfast that ask you how you want you eggs-need I say more. Moises the owner lives on-site and keeps this ship in A number #1 shape. If you need a tour, Oscar runs several and speaks perfect English/Spanish-most of the tours would take you days to do on your own. Jhoal will cater to your other needs. Most of the staff have been here for several years. The price is right and your are located perfectly on the main square in an old colonial home (part of the founders house-Montejo)

The good The hostel is located in a beautiful colonial building on the main square which is amazing. Excellent breakfast included in the cost, great kitchen (no fridge space tho), free water, big lockers in the communal areas for your pack and smaller ones in the room for valuables (need your own padlocks). Good day trips offered by Oscar right from the hostel The bad I was unaffected but my friend had bed bugs in the female dorm - not good

Hace 2 meses, usted comento sobre chinches y fue el único comentario sobre ello muchas veces los huéspedes vienen con ellas pero nosotros las eliminamos su comentario es injusto, y su puntuación no muestra nuestro esfuerzo. Saludos Moisés Rozanes.

The breakfast is delicious, coffee, fruits, granola, yogurt, cereal, omelettes... It has a good atmosphere and lots of places to socialise. The staff are friendly and recognised from staying there about 6 months ago. The rooms are clean and comfy. There are plenty of showers and toilets, the only down side is that if there are more people taking a shower then there isn't much hot water. A lovely place to stay though and in te best location for everything.

« first « Prev 1 2 3