Hostel & Cafe Bar Backpackers Miyajima Reviews

1-8-11 Miyajimaguchi, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima, Japan

The friendliest staff ever.

The hostel is amazing. The staff is simply fantadtic, by far the best hostel staff ive ever encountered in my travels. They make it a fun and excited place to be. The location and view from the roof top is superb; i honnestly can't say enough about this place! Certainly worth your while.

• 27th Aug 2015

Excellent hostel, amazingly well placed to get into Hiroshima and the island. Superb atmosphere so friendly and welcoming guest and staff! Really cool place to stay!

Very very great hostel! Great team, great atmosphere. Definitely worth a stay! And the huge dorm does not seem very big, ithe layout is really good and it is really quiet at night.

I wished I knew how great of a hostel this was. Very sweet staff, awesome common room and an overall great place to stay. My friends and I didn't want to leave. If your looking for a very convienient and relaxing area, this hostel is amazing.

What is there to say but this has been hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed in full stop. I had initially write off Japanese hostels over the winter but now I know better. The staff here are incredible and would recommend staying here every time!

Very nice place to meet people, I enjoyed my time there. Dont worry about the location, althought it is outside the center, its easy accesible, and on a trip to hiroshima one should travel to Miyajima anyway.

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

This hostel is right next to the ferry terminal for Miyajima, which is excellent (next best to actually being on the island). The best part was just how friendly the ladies at the front desk were - they were so incredibly polite, courteous and positive, which made a massive difference to my trip to miyajima! They helped with our bags and were happy to help in every other way, so we couldn't really have asked for more from them. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy, too!

• 19th Aug 2015

Loved the atmosphere in this hostel. As there are no real bars nearby, most people by drinks locally and socialise downstairs. Next to the Miyajima ferry terminal so easy to go across. Plus minutes walk to the subway so can access Central Hiroshima. Dorms clean and curtains on beds so privacy is there. Only one shower per floor which can be troublesome, but you just have to time when you shower. Overall great place and had a great time here.

The staff at this hostel were absolutely amazing! I would 100% recommend this hostel to anybody! The staff were amazing, the location was brilliant and it was the cleanest hostel I stayed in during my trip! Absolutely amazing! Couldn't give the staff any more credit! They were the loveliest people! I can garantee that if you stay here it will be the best hostel you'll stay in during your trip 😊😊😊

Staff and atmosphere at this hostel are fab, really friendly place to stay whether visiting Miyajima or using a a base to travel into Hiroshima (we did both)

The accomodation is very convenient because is a 10' by boat from the miyajima tori so you can see it also al night time. The common areas aré very nice and the shower is completely new, the only thing is that there is just one shower per floor and it gets very busy. You must also take into account that they do not have private rooms.

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Pretty good hostel in a good location for visiting Miyajima - a touch difficult to find at first though. Clean overall but rooms were quite cramped and there was nowhere to put my bag.

Great staff, great atmosphere, great location and great view!

Great location + super nice staff. The only drawback - not enough showers per floor - pretty difficult to get in the shower in peak times.

The hostel is probably as close as you could get to the ferry terminal to Miyajima, taking literally 30seconds to the terminal door. The hostel has a great bar and rooftop where you can see the island and relax after a days trip. The area that it is in is relatively quiet but there are a handful of restaurants and bars you can visit (alongside 7-Eleven). The dorms are quite busy and a little crowded but if you're looking for a place with access to the island/Hiroshima then this is perfect.

The staff were really nice! Good common area to get talking to people. Good location with easy access to Miyajima Island and Hiroshima.

If you don't stay here because the staff is amazing and the rooms are nice, stay here because of the location! This hostel is less than five minutes from the JR Miyajima Ferry terminal and less than 10 minutes from JR Miyajimaguchi Station. You can see the great Torii from the roof! The atmosphere in the lobby is great. It turns into a cafe/bar from 6-10pm. This is an excellent place to stay!

The staff are the real stars of Backpackers Miyajima. I felt very welcomed and comfortable from the moment I stepped in the door. They took the time to speak with me personally, answer questions, and even become friends. I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel because of how kind and friendly the staff are. I was hoping to book a hostel in Hiroshima city, and I'm thankful that I had to look farther to Miyajima because it made my trip much better. It is seconds from the Miyajima ferry as well!

Considering the 20+ beds, the room was nicer and quieter then expected and there were no cues whatsoever for bath rooms. Clean hostel and friendly staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5