Superb 1,311 Total Reviews
Superb 1,311 Total Reviews
Hostel & Cafe Bar Backpackers Miyajima Located at 1-8-11 Miyajimaguchi, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima.
Japan
Hiroshima 739-0411 1-8-11 Miyajimaguchi, Hatsukaichi-shi
94% 1311
34.3102522 132.3047339
    Rooms available

16th May 2016

Traveling Japan this is by far my favorite hostel and area in general. Miyajima is picture perfect. Got in during some pouring rain, the hostel is a 5 minute walk from the Miyajimaguchi station. We were drenched, the staff greeted us at the door with towels (for free) and took our luggage right away(carried it upstairs 2). Clean rooms/great atmosphere/wonderful staff/free personal lockers with locks. Sunset views from the roof and beer flowing at the bar. Thumbs up all around! STAY HERE 100%!!

Hi! Thanks your sweet comment! We so appreciate your lovely words. That days is typoon coming hiroshima, so we have big rain like a storm. but as we know after the rain we see absolutely beautiful sunset, that is awesome! Take care and enjoy your left trevel. Thumbs up for you! Thanks!

15th May 2016

I really liked the hostel. It kind of has everything you want in a hostel, good location, price, people (both travelers I met and staff). It is RIGHT next to the JR Ferry to Miyajima, super convenient. My only regret is that I chose to stay only one night, because this was such a nice hostel and I got to see barely any of Miyajima. Oh and my other regret is the breakfast--500 yen for a cup of coffee and pancakes you make yourself seems a little much to me.

Hi! Thanks your sweet comment! I`m happy to hear that you take a nice time our hostel!! My only regret is that i`m so shameful that I couldn't see awesome people like you!! Thanks for your stay and take care, enjoy your left treval!!

14th May 2016

I want to say so many good things about this hostel. The staff are incredible! They are soooooooooo cool. I've stayed in at least a hundred hostels in the last ten years and I'm always happy to find a group of people like this who make the vibe so comfortable and cool. The location is also excellent! - Shane

Shaaaaane !!! Thank you for your comment. We realy enjoyed talking with you. I like your joke.haha Please come back here when you have plan to go Japan again. Also, thank you recommend this hostel for your friend ! He came here today and talked about you !! Thanks a lot.

• Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
7th May 2016

Solid place, will recommend to anyone traveling to Japan. Cheers

Thank you for your comment! We are glad to hear that. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

• France, Female, 25-30
5th May 2016

Very good location. The hostel is just a few steps away from the ferry to Miyajima, and also close to the train station (Miyajima-guchi). The bed was comfortable and the hostel provides a locker to store your valuables. The toilets and bathroom are clean. The only thing I would say is that there is only 1 shower per floor, but I was lucky enough to be able to take my shower every time without having to wait. Good hostel. Nice friendly staff.

Thank you for your time to give us the comment! We are glad to hear that you liked the location. We clean the bed rooms hardly, so that guests are able to feel comfortable. However sorry about the shower rooms. Because of only a few facilities, we started informing about Onsen (hot springs) nearby the hostel. We are relieved that you could take shower without waiting. Thank you for many advices. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

• USA, Male, 25-30
4th May 2016

- Friendly, helpful staff. Clean. - 2mins walk tot he ferry to Miyajima island. About 45mins away from Hiroshima city - 500 yen breakfast pancakes batter you have to cook yourself. (Jam, honey, chocolate spread and a drink included) It was worth it for me since cooking with other traveler helped me bound. - Bring them an omiyage from other places, they will love you for it. - Sometimes they have special events happening. Be sure to check. - Would definitely go back there next time.

4th May 2016

Lovely hostel with great staff

Hi! Thanks your nice comment! We so appreciate for your sweet words. Your lovely words give energy for us! Take care and enjoy your traevel! Thansk!

• USA, Mixed Group, 31-40
6.3

The staff is very nice, the guests are very friendly, and it's a 2 minute walk to the ferry. However, this place is too crowded to be enjoyable. I was woken up several times due to loud guests (even with earplugs) since there's little room to maneuver silently here. My bed creaked and the mattress was uncomfortable. Don't bother buying the "breakfast" which is just pancake batter you cook yourself.

Hi Thanks for your commnet. I apologize to noise and bed. That days is peak of Golden week(Japanes long holiday) so too many guest stay our hostel. So they too enjoy there party so they make a too loud sound. We more pay attention to room condition. Thanks your advice.

• Japan, Couple, 18-24
8.0

It was quite good location and clean room. There are rental bike for fee so that we could go to hot spring nearby by bike. To eat Hiroshima-yaki (local food), recommended place was so crowded because of Golden week and dinner time. We waited 1.5h there so I reconmend to go more local place that is not for tourist.

Thank you for your comment. We are so sorry about recommend you bussy restaurant. We will more consider the situation and recommend next time. Thank you for pointing it out.

30th Apr 2016

Pretty great hostel but not worth the price. The rooms are set up a little strangely and it led to disturbances of one person or another. Clean hostel and friendly staff. Bar is jumpin' at night so good atmosphere. Location is GREAT for a Miyajima visit.

Thank you for coming Backpackers Miyajima. Sorry for your inconvenience about room. we will try to make more comfortable hostel! We glad to you enjoy the bar! We hope you come back and KAMPAI with us again!