Hostel & Cafe Bar Backpackers Miyajima

Superb 1674 Total Reviews
Superb 1674 Total Reviews

• England, Couple, 18-24
14th Sep 2017

Really great atmosphere at this hostel with really friendly staff. Well positioned next to ferry port for trips to miyajima and train station to visit hiroshima. Great rooftop area but the hostel really lacked enough showers and toilets.

3rd Sep 2017

A short 5 minute walk to mass transit (JR Train Station and JR Ferry Stations). Reception closes at 10 PM, so you should try to arrive early. I took a local train by mistake and arrived 30 minutes late but the staff was very accommodating. This is more of a quiet hostel from what I saw but then again I was there on Sunday/Monday.

31st Aug 2017

One of the friendliest staff of the many hostels I have stayed in. Amazing views from the rooftop. Don't miss the sunset from there. Walking distance to ferry. 100y shots!! Deff must stay!! :)

Thank you for your comment ! We really appreciate your company. The roof top is also nice in the morning for the breakfast and in the evening for a drink. We are looking for your coming and take a shot.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
30th Aug 2017

Great hostel! Fantastic bar area to meet fellow travellers (and 100yen shots!). Spent every evening on the roof top terrace. Staff are super friendly and helpful, and you're so close to Miyajima ferry and a JR station. All you can eat breakfast for 500 was awesome, although a 7eleven is only steps away. Not a lot of showers (and no hooks) but I stayed three nights and never had to wait long. If you're doing hiroshima/miyajima this is the perfect place to stay!

Thank you for your comment. The roof top is a nice place from where you can see Miyajima. We are happy to know you enjoy the breakfast. If you have a suggestion let us know. We hope to see you again.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
15th Aug 2017

The location is about 30 minutes by train from Hiroshima, which makes for a nice break from staying in the city if you've been hopping from city-to-city like I had. I felt so incredibly welcome, the staff were so friendly. The awesome roof top terrace gives you sensational views of Miyajima Island and a 1 minute walk to the ferry means I went to the island about 4 times during my stay. Only downside is the rooms are a little noisy but nothing ear plugs couldn't fix! I would stay here again!

Thank you for your comment! We hope you liked your stay here. That's really good to hear! Thank you very much. Our hostel is near from the island, so we can see the Miyajima fireworks festival from the roof! are sorry about inconvenience of our facilities. We try be guiet from 10pm to 8am with some pop and information movie. But maybe we couldn't ask to respect for another guest sorry. Sometimes It is very difficuld to check all guests especially busy season but we try keep going. Thank you for staying our hostel!!

8th Aug 2017
8.0

The location is good. The rooftop provides a nice view of the water for the price paid. The beds are comfy and come equipped with lockers and additional space at the end of the bed for another bad. Lockers were big enough for all valuables. Staff was new but willing to help as much as possible. I would recommend as a place to stay for anyone visiting the island.

Thank you for your comment! We are happy to hear that! on 26th of Aug, we have a fireworks festival on the island! And we can see it from our rooftop! And that staff is just became our member! And he learning now, so he is not perfect right now, but he gonna be good staff! Thank you for your understand. We are looking forward to meet you one day again.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
7th Aug 2017
5.4

Absolutely lovely staff but unless you are planning on visiting Miyajima and not Hiroshima I wouldn't recommend staying here. It is at least 40 mins by train to get to Hiroshima, and as the trains stop at about midnight this is a definite negative. While it wasn't dirty, it was the least clean of any hostel we stayed in throughout Japan.

7th Aug 2017
7.4

Nice hostel overall but there are some issues. Mainly, if you value your sleep. 40 people per room mean the only real quiet times are from 2am to 5am. Bed dividers are paper thin and you can hear everything. Metal lockers are a terrible idea. Might as well play drums in the morning. I'm also not a fan of the common space downstairs. Tiny chairs and tables make for an awkward space. Check in is a strict 4pm. I'm just bitter about not sleeping but it's a decent place.

Thank you for your message! We are very sorry made you uncomfortable situation. We are trying to cooperate with guests, but still we should have to care about it. We have a cleaning time before 4pm, so can't allow you to check in before 4pm. Thank you for your understanding. Have a good trip!

• Canada, Male, 18-24
6th Aug 2017

I had a fantastic stay at Backpackers Miyajima. I've AirBnB'ed and hosteled across a big part of Kansai throughout my vacation in Japan, and this is definitely my favourite place to have stayed at. The location is FANTASTIC. I went early morning to go see the Itsukushima Shrine. The only people who will beat you there are the priests. The staff at the hostel are also great. Average to good English for Japanese people, and the atmosphere they cultivate is awesome. ALSO awesome is their breakfast.

Thank you for your comment! We are so happy to hear that!! Early mornig of Itsukushima is really beautiful! Not so many people and cool!! Our breakfast is all you can eat style! Did you eat a lot??haha Thank you very much for staying our hostel! We are looking forward to meet you next time!

6th Aug 2017

Great place to stay if you are visiting Miyajima or the Itsukushima island across the way. Location is hugely convenient - just a couple minutes walk over to the JR ferry and five minutes down the street from the Miyajimaguchi station stop. Highly recommend the backpackers hostel here!

Thank you for your message. Our hostel is right next to the ferry port, so very easy to go to Miyajima! And you can see the torii gate from our roof as well. We recommend to drink there and relaxing! Thank you for staying :)

×