Hostel & Cafe Bar Backpackers Miyajima

Superb 1508 Total Reviews
Superb 1508 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 18-24
23rd Feb 2017

Had a great time. Staff were welcoming from the very beginning. Even held a takoyaki social. Location is great. Right next to the ferry to Miyajima. Have no complaints about the facility. Clean rooms and a nice lounge area. Bar had good beer selection with really cheap shots. Would definitely come back.

• England, Male, 25-30
22nd Feb 2017

Pretty much anywhere you stay in Japan the staff are friendly, courteous and fun... but these guys (well, girls mainly) took it to another level. Genuinely the nicest stay I've had in Japan and wish I could have stayed longer. Great access to Miyajima Island (so you can see it during the day and at night; low tide and high) and I'm now an expert 😉 at Daifugo. Special shout out to Saki and Meri for being really cool.

• USA, Male, 25-30
6th Jan 2017

The reviews are spot on about the staff. Unbelievably friendly and helpful staff. You can tell they enjoy what they do and make it their mission to make you as comfortable as possible. I would like to personally thank Saki for her warm welcome my first day and showing me the good spots to eat and sights to see. Also, Yuri for being especially nice and letting me hang out in their lounge even after check out to let me watch my favorite sports team play an important game. Highly recommend.

Thank you so mush for your lovely comment! We glad to see you here and stay another night! You also make us happy because your always smile and kindly! Did you enjoy watch that sport? We hope you enjoyed all of Miyajima! We are waiting for you any time you are alredy our Family :))

• Australia, Female, 18-24
1st Jan 2017

This was definitely the best hostel I stayed in during my travels around Japan. The staff are incredibly friendly, the facilities are clean and it's a fantastic location for quick access to Miyajima!

15th Dec 2016

The staff were amazing and so lovely! Super nice to sit down and have a chat! There were a few events on during my stay, which were fun! The partition between the female dorm and the room next door was just plywood though, and on one occasion I had to go and ask another guest to stop pressing on the board because it was pushing into my bed. Really close to the dock for Miyajima! But rather far from Hiroshima.

Thank you for staying and your comment. We are glad that you enjoyed our events. Thank you for participating in it. How was Miyajima? Did you climb the mountain? We are glad that you liked the location. And we are sorry about partition not fixed. We need to fix that board. Thank you for your advice. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

14th Dec 2016

Very friendly staff and a great location right next to the ferry port.

Thank you for your comment! We are happy to hear you say that. Best wishes for the New Year!

6th Dec 2016

Chose this hostel for the night before spending time on Miyajima; the location is unbeatable (you can see the ferry from the rooftop, and be there in 90 seconds). Reception area is also the kitchen and bar, where they have 100 yen shots of the usual well spirits and sake, and within a few moments of arriving, I was drinking with a group at the bar. Entire staff was super friendly and helpful. Everything else was great too, the rooftop has pretty lovely views. Breakfast maybe a bit sparse.

Thank you for choosing our hostel and we are happy to hear you say that! Easy to go to the Island and close from Ferry terminal are good points with us. I hope you have enjoyed Miyajima Island! Our shot is the best price all over Japan, we think! We are glad that you spend a good time with here. Thank you for your advise to let us think about breakfast. Have a good day!

• England, Male, 25-30
30th Nov 2016

I can't recommend Backpackers Miyajima enough! The location is brilliant if you wish to visit the island (which is an absolute must if you visit japan), literally next to the ferry there. Saki and the ladies of BM are lovely hosts. It was the highlight of the trip!

We are really happy to hear you say that and thank you for your hearty comment! Miyajima Island is one of the world heritage in Japan. I hope you have became to like this place! Thank you again! Enjoy your trip!

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
29th Nov 2016

This place was great in all areas! More importantly the staff were fantastic and helped us in every way. E.g. We checked out late, went to Mijajima island and hiked and then came back and they let us shower. Would recommend and so close to ferry. 1 min walk !!! Great vibes!

Thank you for your comment! We appreciate you told about us. we will keep it up! I hope you enjoyed Miyajima Island and you have became to like Japan. Please come back again someday, In spring season(cherry blossoms) is beautiful as well!

26th Nov 2016

I would highly recommend this hostel! The staff were lovely and helpful, the hostel is clean and has a good kitchen/social space with a bar. You can borrow bikes for free to go to the nearby onsen, and it is very convenient for the ferry to Miyajima. I wish I could stay longer! If you're going to Miyajima try and go early, it gets very crowded, and check the tide times as you may be able to walk to the gate over the sand.

Thank you for your recommend comment! We have many seasoning for guests in our kitchen. Onsen is one of the populer Japanese culture! I also go to the Onsen sometimes :)) When you come back here, please try to go to Miyajma early time! It is great. Nobody in the Island. You can feel like own Island! And You can see sunrise. It is make your trip beautiful definitery!