Hostel & Cafe Bar Backpackers Miyajima Reviews

1-8-11 Miyajimaguchi, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima, Japan

A very nice place, well located and with a very very good atmosphere ! There are many facilities, and everything is clean. Really, I recommend that place !

• 19th Jun 2015

Hostel & Cafe Bar Backpackers Miyajima is the perfect choice if you want to stay close to the Island of Miyajima - it's really easy to get there in the morning before the crowds or stay until the last ferry and enjoy the evening after rush hour (Hiroshima city is about 30 min). The hostel itself has a really lovely kitchen/cafe/common room, and the staff is extremely friendly, definitely staying there again when I'm in Hiroshima.

Absolutely spectacular people and a great atmosphere, had an amazing time while we were there and will be going again in the future. Thank you all for everything.

I loved my stay at the hostel. The place was clean and staff especially saki was just amazingly friendly. I definetely recommend coming back to the hostel. My overall experience was just unforgettable. The hostel was definetely made my visit to hiroshima a memorable visit. I will definetely tell all my friends and family.

Staying here was great! The staff were fantastic and acted like friends straight away. They were very willing to help. Over the two nights that we were there they hosted a takoyaki party and an unplanned movie night. Very good atmosphere.

Fantastic hostel! Great location, great staff & great atmosphere. I only stayed one night but on check out they invited me to meet with them the day after for a festival in Hiroshima The owner of the hostel bought us syrup drinks and 2/3 of a karaoke evening. Highly recommend this hostel.

We loved staying here! The hostel is out of the city centre but the location is perfect for Miyagima island and it's easy to travel into the city. The staff were lovely and very helpful, they gave us lots of ideas on where to travel to next.

There was a bit of a bad smell in the dormitory. I think it is hard to get air circulating there as no windows and a lot of people sleeping there. Also it was quite loud in the mornings as people were opening and closing the metal lockers in the dormitory.

• 18th May 2015

Our overall experience is much better than we expect. Great location, friendly stuff, clean room, good shower. comfortable bed and good wifi coverage, we definitely recommend it if you want to stay in Miyajima.

Superb. Love the location. Seems there's only one shower on one floor, so if the hostel is full, waiting will be a problem. Still, I definitely recommend it for those who like to visit Miyajima/ Hiroshima.

A great hostel with a really fun staff. the events like the picnic, or the staff hanging out downstairs while everyone was drinking really add to the atmosphere. not a whole lot around the hostel to do at night, but plenty to do in the day.

So friendly, so helpful, great environment, fun, and perfectly located.

Often a long wait to shower in the morning since there is only one shower for the whole 16-bed dormitory. The dormitory is not dark enough at night since there are no curtains around the beds to obstruct the light from the emergency exit signs, which are very bright. The cinema evening (with two films) was nice.

Was a nice stay, the downstairs common area with bar and all was really cozy, and a perfect place to spend the evening with a couple of beers and some good company.

• 4th May 2015
  • Denmark

Excellent location right next to the miyajima ferry terminal. Clean facilities and helpful staff that spoke some English. Main suggestion is that the staff can do a better job reminding all guests about "quiet hours" - both nights we stayed there were some people who were talking very loudly and slamming locker / main doors as early as 5am which was disruptive to most other guests still trying to sleep.

• 4th May 2015
  • Finland

The toilet sinks looked awfully dirty and I dreaded touching even the taps where filth cant be seen easily. There are power strips between the beds but that means you need to sleep with your head, rather than your feet, facing it so you can keep your charging device close to you. With all the people going in and out of the dorm all night long you don't want to take any chances.

สะอาดมาก สต๊าฟดูแลเอาใจใส่ดีมาก เตียงชั้นบนสูงไปนิดและห้องอาบน้ำน้อยไป

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly; location was perfect. If I'm ever back in the area I'd definitely stay again!

• 29th Apr 2015

great place to travel Miyajima! it was so lucky to be there ;-)

We loved the staff, they were super nice and smiling and everything :D

• 25th Apr 2015