Hostel & Cafe Bar Backpackers Miyajima Reviews

1-8-11 Miyajimaguchi, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima, Japan

Great staff. Located just near train station and ferry station which is very convenient. Not much happening at night in the town but great atmosphere in the hostel which has a bar and ping pong table + rooftop terrace. Everything is clean but rooms very crowded (not much extra space).

Great location, great beds, great bathrooms. What truly makes this place amazing are the staff. We had a wonderful night setting up the Christmas decorations. Staff made sure they knew our names and were amazingly friendly.

Of my entire stay in Japan, this has the best atmosphere for any hostels I have stayed at. Everyone was super friendly and we all got along very well. The standards are similar to the best hostels I have ever stayed at around the world. Do not think twice about booking a bed here! Worth a stay in this area of Japan and in this hostel. :) Ervin

Best hostel I have stayed at by far highly recommend it, I was originally staying for 2 night but I changed that to 4 because it had an awsome vibe and it's so close to miyajima Island and the staff are the greatest

Amazing little hostel!! Great location, nice area, awesome staff and comfortable beds! Would stay here anytime

Best hostel experience I've ever had!

The hostel was better than I expected especially when staying in such a large dorm and the location is great for the ferry to miyajima island.

first of all, staff were wicked. I think the atmosphere was alright, it's always nice when there's a bar good to meet people and talk to people and stuff. locationwise, it's good if you wanna get the ferry to mt. misen (which is really nice by the way) but it's about half hour train to hiroshima city. i would recommend this hostel it was a good laugh.

Great hostel. However, I had about ¥30,000 stolen when here. Normally I'd leave it as an unlucky occurrence and would have given security rating a higher grade. However, I was then told this was the fourth theft in a week. If they told me when I arrived there have been thefts and to be extra vigilant then maybe I wouldn't have had my money stolen? I have also heard nothing since I reported the theft about the situation so I get the feeling they're not planning on getting to the bottom of it.

• 29th Oct 2015

This hostel had the best atmosphere and staff were so friendly and helpful. A very warm place that makes you feel at home immediately. The lounge area gets very lively too and it's great for socialising. The location is great for seeing the miyajima island and it's right next to a train station which is about 30 minutes away from Hiroshima city. If you are looking for nightlife however it's not so convenient to get to Honbori as you have to take a train, then a cab.

Had a great time here. Dinner every night here is great and you get to learn how to make your own Gyoza which is awesome. Great staff who are helpful and super friendly. Comfortable beds with curtain.

Absolutely brilliant staff. Very very helpful. superb location. only concern I have is that there is only one shower room for 28 bed dorm!

This hostel is great! Unbelievable staff, so helpful and friendly you almost feel like a part of their family. They alone are a reason to go there. Social atmosphere, 50m from the ferry to miyajima, a 30 min trainride from Hiroshima. I would say this is a must go if you're looking for hostels in the area

A bit more space in the rooms for your luggage:)

Paper thin walls! you can hear the every single noise (cell phone vibration, leg movements) through the paper thin walls. I chose the female dorm, but there is practically no privacy from other "dorms" because they have like all the other mix bed like 1 feet away from the floor. It felt like a kennel for dogs. They manage to put 16 people in the smallest space possible and you can hear all the locker banging and every possible noises. Could not sleep! Clean bathroom. Good laundry facilities

Good hostel in a great location to get to key attractions. Really helpful staff who create an overall great atmosphere - would've stayed for longer if I had more time!

Great location. Rooftop view is beautiful

Very good location, right by ferry terminal to Miyajima. Staff were very friendly and the addition of a bar within the hostel made it feel quite nice and social. Would definitely recommend booking!

• 16th Oct 2015

Friendly and lively hostel. Enjoyed my stay

Great hostel! This place sums up everything a hostel should be! Great social atmosphere with a cool bar. Fantastic location for getting to and from Hiroshima and Miyajima! The staff were cheerful and ready to help any time. It's really difficult to find fault with the place. If you're considering Hiroshima or Miyajima; stay here.