Hostel & Cafe Bar Backpackers Miyajima Reviews

1-8-11 Miyajimaguchi, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima, Japan

this was an amazing place had so much fun, to some it could maybe be to party like but the atmosphere is great and its not loud when you are in your rooms. if you go to Hiroshima I suggest staying out here Its only 20 mins train from Hiroshima centre and its right next to the miyajima island . I had lots of fun here maybe come back

Staff is really nice and the hostel is 3 minutes away from the ferry to Miyajima which is great. Common area is nice and the rooftop terrace has a great view. However, dorms are not really comfortable. Blankets are too small (and I'm only 5'8") and there are lots of very bright emergency signs all around the place.

Very nice place!

Great atmosphere and friendly staff. They organized a fun cooking event on the night we arrived. Perfect location for exploring Miyajima. And a short JR train away from Hiroshima. However if you care to party in the city and come back late, it may prove to be an expensive cab ride. We stayed in the largest dorm which didnt feel as big as it was. Great place for a passing traveler/backpacker.

Best hostel yet that we have stayed in in Japan! It is super clean, really awesome staff and a great vibe overall. Social and really relaxed as well. Love love love!!

• 1st Oct 2015

The hostel was awesome. If you're going to miyajima it's a must stay as its across the street from the JR ferry and miyajima is a must see (especially at night). Super clean. The rooms were big but the beds were grouped into 4's so it was really a four bed dorm rather than 25. Will stay again if I'm back in miyajima.

Came for one night just to see the floating gates and do a city tour. I would highly recommend. It's a bit crowded at times but everyone is vey friendly and the communal dinner is cheap and amazing! Most people I met were only staying for a short period (4 days) and they were very happy. I only a day backpack as my stuff was back in Osaka, but I would recommend this hostel to anyone wanting to do the same sort of short trip.

Excellent time at this hostel. Good laid back atmosphere and great staff

• 26th Sep 2015

This hostel is the best hostel I stayed in Japan. Facilities are new and bed is comfortable. Also, staffs are fantastic! Highly recommended!

The hostel was great. I really liked the structure of the room, where even though it was for a lot of people it still felt private. The staff are absolutely charming and make you feel right at home. The atmosphere in the common room was always alive due to the staff and guests alike. I wish I got to stay for longer.

• 21st Sep 2015

Nice little hostel with really friendly staff. It's in a great location for visiting Miyajima, but we did get a bit confused & thought it was on the island - which it isn't! We only stayed for one night when it was fully booked and it did feel pretty crowded, but overall a really good hostel.

This was one of the livelier hostels I stayed at in Japan. Directly across from the port to go to Miyajima the area around the hostel shuts down early but the hostel bar is a great spot and the staff is so much fun. After spending so much time in cities in Japan it was nice to be somewhere more peaceful.

great place to tour. very convenient to the miyajima. awesome staff

Whilst not the fanciest of hostels, it was one of the most fun. The girls who work here are so awesome. After a very long rail journey they gave me the best welcome. It's also a very sociable hostel and an absolutely perfect jumping of point of Miyajima, you could be there in 20 minutes.

This is by far the best place I have stayed in Japan so far. It is modern, clean, comfortable, with great staff and a fantastic atmosphere. It is very close to the train station and the JR ferry across to Miyajima. I would highly recommend staying here!!

Beautiful hostel, very friendly and sweet staff. A lot of fun, wish I could have stayed longer. A little pricey but thats Japan and this one is worth it.

Great hostel. Lovely staff

The best atmosphere of any hostle I have stayed in great for short or long term guests staff couldn't be more happy didn't want to leave!!!!!!!

This place is great and the staff are amazing! Great location for miyajima

Cannot say enough great things about this hostel. The first night I arrived, the staff had organized a karaoke outing which was a great way to meet others in the hostel and also experience some Japanese culture. The location is also PHENOMENAL as it is right next to the JR ferry to Miyajima island and less than a 5 minute walk from the train station. Only downside is that there's just 1 shower per floor. Seriously most hospitable and kind staff ever though. Wish I could've stayed longer!