Hostel & Cafe Bar Rookies Reviews

Jevrejska 13, Novi Sad, Serbia

Great hostel! Really comfortable beds,nice and clean.Location excellent,city center but quiet.The bar is great, you can meet other guests and drinks are cheap.Monasteries tour was great experience.I booked one, stayed five nights.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

Absolutely loved my stay at Rookies, in the great city of Novi Sad! Location is incredible, right in the center of the city, close to all the food/drink/nightlife places you can dream of. The hostel is the perfect size, very easy to meet other travellers to hang out with, the bar downstairs is a great place to chill and serves as a common room, but the owners are totally cool about bringing your own food and drinks and sitting there. The staff is amazing, friendly and useful!

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Israel

I really enjoy my stay at the hostel. Particularly the guy who run the hostel is a great guy, always ready to give you a help with everything you need in the hostel and for any other thing. A guy that is genuinely helpful who is himself a great reason to stay there. Thank you!

I had a wonderful stay in Novi Sad at this hostel! They welcomed us with a shot or Rakije and continue to extend invites to their evenings out and recommend day time tours and sites to see! This is a friendly traveler's environment with a well put together hospitality business.

no common room, even if the staff said that we can spend time in the bar below without obligation to buy..so no special atmosphere in the building where we spent the night , it's just a place to sleep in. no kitchen. location ,security and cleanliness are excellent.

Had a good time in the hostel. The manager was very kind and offered even a glass of rakia,too that I thank him besides gave some useful info about the town. The hostel's about 15 min by walk from the bus/railway-station and maybe 2 min to the towncentre so it has really good location. It was a good idea to set a small bar on the groundfloor so travellers,locals can drink and chat altogether, really liked this. What I missed the locker but had no problem with security, neither with cleanliness

Thanks for your comment.Each bed has a locker, it's amazing that you didn't notice.

Great location and easy to get to from train/bus station. Room was large and clean. Friendly staff with helpful advice about the city and surroundings.

Our stay at Rookies during Exit festival couldn't have been better, Zarko and his staff were the most helpful, welcoming people I've encountered at a hostel and helped us with everything from priniting tickets at a shop down the street to finding vegetarian restaurants and laundromats. The hostel is only a few minutes walk away from the city center, the facilities were good and cleaned daily...highly recommended stay in Novi Sad!

Cafe Bar and Rookies was the perfect base before and during EXIT festival! The staff were extremely welcoming and friendly and made our time in Novi Sad relaxed and fun. The hostel has great facilities and the bar downstairs was great for hanging out and having some casual drinks and yarns with the staff and other guests. They really make you feel at home! Serbian hospitality at its finest :)

The hostel was decent for a short stop-over. A basic set-up, with a small bar underneath which served as the common area. Convenient for getting a cheap drink, but not particularly ideal for mingling. I expected it to be a little more rowdy, given the bar below (and my dorm's window that was directly above), but it was actually rather quiet while I was there. Also, there's no kitchen, but the staff offered to store items in the bar's fridge if I needed.