Hostel & Cafe Bar Rookies Reviews

Jevrejska 13, Novi Sad, Serbia

Very close to Novi Sad centre. Decent hostel.

What a great stay! delicious homemade rakje upon arrival, cheap beers and delicious coffee. I you have the opportunity to do the tour of the old fortress, jump on it. worth every penny.

A charming hostel in a charming city. The welcome I received was heartwarming. The staff was just great > extremely helpful and friendly. I sincerely recommend this hostel to all travelers out there who are headed to this lovely city. Cheers!

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Serbia

Quiet, well looked after hostel with friendly staff in a great location near the city centre! Highly recommend staying here

The staff and location are fantastic, overall I would recommend, but there is no air conditioning so it's quite difficult to sleep. Regardless, the staff are so friendly and helpful, I would stay again

Great location, friendly staff. Highly recommended!

A really nice hostel with lovely staff, great facilities, and brilliant location

Amazing Hostel with the most helpful & happy staff! Anything you wanted or needed done Zarko and his team would do immediately!! Will definitely be back next year for more rakia :)

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

I arrived at Rookies having never been in Novi Sad and the owner Zarko made me feel right at home. I came here to camp at the EXIT Music festival but after hanging out in the cafe under the hostel I decided to spend an extra night and relax in center of Novi Sad. After traveling for 11 months and working in hostels myself Rookies got everything I was looking for: Clean, great common area, perfect location, and staff that make the place feel like home.

It's more just a cafe with a few rooms upstairs rather than a hostel. However the staff and owner were very nice and helpful with things to do in Novi Sad and getting to my next hostel. The room I stayed in only had 4 lockers yet there were 5 beds so I had to go without a locker. Good location although the written directions are a bit vague.

The staff are very nice! Great location Kitchen very small! No real common room. Its nice to sit out.. but it feels like a bar/cafe , not a hostel commom room Rooms good but can get hot! Location is

Great place. Very clean and the dorm had a private shower and a bathroom. The hostel doesn't really have a common area because the reception/bar closes at 11pm but that's not too bad. I still met amazing people in there and had a wonderful time. Staff is super friendly and helpful. A very good place to stay when in town.

Only stayed here for one night before moving on to another city. Was plenty good enough for a night. Rooms were pretty small, not sure how it would be for more days and in hotter weather. But all round a pretty nice place to stay, was very quiet when I visited but still managed to socialise easily.

We stayed 10 days at this hostel and really enjoyed our time in Novi Sad. It's close to the main square and the city beach. The staff and owner, Zharko, were extremely helpful for booking activities and future hostels for us. Zharko definitely went above and beyond to help us have the best traveling experience. While there we made some good friends!

Good location and friendly, helpful staff, really nice comfy bed. No complaints!

Place is great. Good location and cool staff. The owner is more than happy to help you out and give recommendations on where to go. I stuffed up my reservation online but the owner didn't charge me extra, legend! Place is clean and beds are comfortable with big lockers that can fit your entire backpack and your own powerpoint (electrical outlet for non-aussies).

No noise, parking place, nice friendly staff, what should I want more from a hostel?

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Romania

highly recommended. Great place to stay! Žarko treats every guest like family

There is nothing at this hostel I could possibly find a fault with, everyone is 100% committed to helping their guests even though you feel more like an old friend by the time you leave such is their hospitality. Every question me or my friends asked was answered in the most helpful way with great recommendations for places to eat out with discount. I was at Rookies for 1 night but I would like to think I have learned a bit more about the region and could incorporate Balkan hospitality to U.K!

• 26th May 2015
  • Scotland

Had a great stay here, very easy going staff who have tips for any kind of traveller. Great tips for eating, drinking, day tours and all sorts of recommendations for things to do in Novi Sad Enjoyed the bar downstairs watching football with Zarko and will definitely come back.