Hostel & Cafe Bar Rookies Reviews

Jevrejska 13, Novi Sad, Serbia

Only stayed here for one night before moving on to another city. Was plenty good enough for a night. Rooms were pretty small, not sure how it would be for more days and in hotter weather. But all round a pretty nice place to stay, was very quiet when I visited but still managed to socialise easily.

Place is great. Good location and cool staff. The owner is more than happy to help you out and give recommendations on where to go. I stuffed up my reservation online but the owner didn't charge me extra, legend! Place is clean and beds are comfortable with big lockers that can fit your entire backpack and your own powerpoint (electrical outlet for non-aussies).

No noise, parking place, nice friendly staff, what should I want more from a hostel?

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Romania

highly recommended. Great place to stay! Žarko treats every guest like family

There is nothing at this hostel I could possibly find a fault with, everyone is 100% committed to helping their guests even though you feel more like an old friend by the time you leave such is their hospitality. Every question me or my friends asked was answered in the most helpful way with great recommendations for places to eat out with discount. I was at Rookies for 1 night but I would like to think I have learned a bit more about the region and could incorporate Balkan hospitality to U.K!

• 26th May 2015
  • Scotland

Had a great stay here, very easy going staff who have tips for any kind of traveller. Great tips for eating, drinking, day tours and all sorts of recommendations for things to do in Novi Sad Enjoyed the bar downstairs watching football with Zarko and will definitely come back.

Another Serbian hostel that is just perfect :) A great location right next to all the action, yet perfect for a great nights rest in a courtyard... so peaceful, but also a quite interesting and atmospheric area...,,and the hostel has a great little bar too :))) Always a huge plus :) Had a great time in the hostel and in the city in general so I thoroughly recommend this place :))) Can't wait to return... hopefully it will be sometime soon :)

This is a great hostel located within walking distance from the city center and all major attractions. The facilities and rooms are clean and spacious and the beds are comfy. The staff was excellent, gave me great tips on what to do in NS. Thanks also to Liljana for trying to teach me some Serbian and being so patient about it :) Great place, hope I'll make it back

The owners wife was very kind to me. I had arrived via night train from Montenegro and was exhausted. Cool bar downstairs but from what I saw there was only one toilet for the whole hostel. Not a problem when the hostel isn't full but it could be funky otherwise. Maybe I just wasn't told about the other toilet locations.

Dear Amanda,thank you for the effort invested to leave us a comment.Hostel has 4 bathrooms with toilet and one toilet in the bar.For 24 beds, which is the capacity, we think it is more than enough :-) We are glad you had a good stay with us.See you next time.

Great and very comfy hostel. Instead of a common area and kitchen there is a bar downstairs. But Zarko and his staff will always make you feel at home there, with absolutely no pressure of buying something. They are very welcoming, friendly and helpful with everything. They also can give you good recommendations for other hostels all over the balkans, which helped us a lot, so that we recommend this place 100%.