Hostel & Cafe Bar Rookies Reviews

Jevrejska 13, Novi Sad, Serbia

Great location and easy to get to from train/bus station. Room was large and clean. Friendly staff with helpful advice about the city and surroundings.

Our stay at Rookies during Exit festival couldn't have been better, Zarko and his staff were the most helpful, welcoming people I've encountered at a hostel and helped us with everything from priniting tickets at a shop down the street to finding vegetarian restaurants and laundromats. The hostel is only a few minutes walk away from the city center, the facilities were good and cleaned daily...highly recommended stay in Novi Sad!

Cafe Bar and Rookies was the perfect base before and during EXIT festival! The staff were extremely welcoming and friendly and made our time in Novi Sad relaxed and fun. The hostel has great facilities and the bar downstairs was great for hanging out and having some casual drinks and yarns with the staff and other guests. They really make you feel at home! Serbian hospitality at its finest :)

The hostel was decent for a short stop-over. A basic set-up, with a small bar underneath which served as the common area. Convenient for getting a cheap drink, but not particularly ideal for mingling. I expected it to be a little more rowdy, given the bar below (and my dorm's window that was directly above), but it was actually rather quiet while I was there. Also, there's no kitchen, but the staff offered to store items in the bar's fridge if I needed.

I had a great time in Novi Sad and at Rookies. Zarko and Mirko are really cool guys and very helpful and knowledgable. The hostel is an easy walk back from the crazy nightlife in the town, and the boys will nurse you through the hangover the following day with a coffee or rakija! Can't wait to go back!

Thanks for everything! We had a wonderful time in Novi Sad and especially in your hostel. The hostel and its rooms are very comfy, clean and nicely decorated. The unique staff is friendly and helpful. We felt really comfortable during our stay. We will come back for sure!

Zako & Vladimer are incredibly helpful along with being nice guys. I would urge everyone who stays here to go on the monastery tour that they do around Furska Gora national park, especially the wine tasting session in Srem Karlovici.

Beers on me next time. :)

Staff was very hospitality and helpful. His recommendations for exploring the city were the best.

Late answer, but staff was so nice, welcome drink was super :) they helped us with suggestion how to travel in Belgrade and how to buy tickets for derby :) Thanks

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

Jarko is the best host ever!!!!!! He will help you with absolutely everything, from where to eat to how to book a train ticket or a day trip or just sit with you and chat over a coffee if it's not too busy :) The location is perfect, just next to the synagogue (if you get lost, you find it and you're home!) and not even 5 minutes from Old Town! The rooms are well lighted, clean and spacious and the hostel is super clean. I really felt at home in Novi Sad and it's a lot because of Rookies ! :D

It was great hostel to stay. The price and location were great. The staff is always helpfull to you.

Very welcoming and friendly staff who were there to give travel advice or rakija!