Hostel & Guest House Bistrik Reviews

Garaplina 14a, 71000, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Amazing. Contact the hostel he will bring you back and forth frm the Airport/bus station. Top3% of hostels in the world considering the frendlyness of the hosts. Don't hesitate to ask if you have special requests ;)

Very good hostel with nice and clean rooms. Bakery, grocery and restaurant within 200 meters, Latin bridge 5 minutes walk. Parking is free nearby, so also ideal arriving by car.

We had a perfect stay.

I stayed at this place for 2 nights. The hostel has all the basic facilities one will require during their stay. Mr Dzino was very helpful and accommodating during my stay, that included pick from the airport and the drop off to the train station as I was travelling to Mostar. I would recommend this place to anyone travelling to Sarajevo.

• 5th Jul 2015

I would recommend this location to anyone visiting Sarajevo. It is only a 10-15 minute walk to most destinations in the old town and city center, and the neighborhood is quiet and safe. Emir, the host, was kind enough to pick me up from the bus station. The room was clean and there was enough space to spread out. If you are looking for a quiet place to relax after a long day exploring the city, this is a good choice.

• 3rd Jul 2015

I stayed in this Lovely Guest House with the Dzino Family from Sunday January 4th until Wednesday January 7th 2015in Sarajevo. I was actually dropped off at The Hotel Bistrik but my Hosts came to pick me up and they provided with a Lovely and Quiet Room in their home with a Stunning View over Sarajevo. The Dzino Family were always Very Helpful to me and when I was leaving they called my Mini Bus to bring me back to Serbia. I would thoroughly recommend staying at The Hostel & Guest House Bistrik

They have free service of pick up from the airport/bus station upon arrival. Even requiring this service at last minute, the staff from Hostel & Guest House Bistrik was great and friendly; they accepted to pick me up there at the same moment as I arrived. The room was clean. I definitely recommend this place.

Free pick up from the airport upon arrival. Host, Emir has very kindly helped me rang up a taxi, organised for the taxi driver to wait for me and requested for written receipt - while I picked up my delayed luggage in the airport. (he had an appointment and not able to give me a lift to the airport)

Excellent, cosy guest house in the hills of Bistrik, very close to the old town "Baščaršija". The host is very friendly and helpful. If you get the upper room with the balcony, you will have a great view over the beautiful city. Adjacent rooms are, however, in part connected by doors.

We were really surprised with the quality of this hostel! At first, it was hard for us to find but after the first day, we knew our way to town automatically. The staff was friendly and we felt really welcome. I felt safe, knowing the staff lived in the same building and were always within reach. I would recommend this to my friends!

• 26th Jun 2014

Like home. Hostess Nazira Dzina, dzinoa@hotmail.com, phone 033-536-395. Son Emir Dzino has very good English. emir.dzino@gmail.com, 061-516-854. On hillside opposite the old town. Great views of the city, Much quieter than those places in the old town. It's a hke up the hill, but take the 56 or 63 bus. Get off at the old Bistrik Railroad station - looks like a station, but no tracks. Foot path down near the intersection. They will give a a ride to/from the bus/train station.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

While the room was in poor condition and not very clean, I think this is probably reflected in the price. However, the owner was extremely rude. He became aggressive when I questioned things, refused to listen and launched into monologues about how hard he life was.

• 9th Sep 2013

Pretty cheap with acces to a washing machine. Good place to sleep, but nothing going on in the neiborhood except from barking dogs.

• 24th Jul 2013
  • Denmark

The place was a bit disappointment. Even thought the guy who picked me up was friendly, the other family members were VERY grumpy, most of them having a face "oh my god why do I have to do this, woudn't you go away". As they also live in their own floor it was not easy get hold of them, and as they were so grumpy I didn't feel welcome to do so. That said, the room was okay. If you only need a bed to sleep in and expect NOTHING else, I can recommend this. The location is quite good!

I had a wonderful stay in this guesthouse. The people are most friendly, with the heart at the right place. Sometimes you don't see them very often, but when you do invite you for Bosnian coffee and have a nice chat. Very quiet and safe neighbourhood. Quiet guesthouse too, however walls are very thin. Bathroom is dated but clean and working. My room was very spacious with a terrace and nice view over Sarajevo! Accom is only a 10 min walk from downtown. I would definitly come back again.

The hostel is located a 10-minute walk uphill from Baščaršija. The owners speak understandable English and are ready to help, but it can be hard to get a hold of them. I booked a single room with an ensuite bathroom, but in reality I had to share the bathroom and toilet with another guest. The room and other facilities were clean and spacious. My room had a stove, tableware and running water, and I could use a fridge in the hall. All and all, a good stay. I would go there again.

Miejsce położone bardzo blisko starego miasta, ale nie dochodzi do niego zgiełk miasta. Hostel jest położony na wzniesieniu blisko ściany lasu, więc nawet w czasie upału do pokoju dochodzi chłodniejsze powietrze. jedynym problemem może być kuchnia, która znajduje się w jednym z pokoi i gdy pokój ten jest już wynajęty, inni goście nie mają do niej dostępu

Great place, glad they picked me up from the airport or I may not have found it. Very close to Latin bridge and old town.

Bistrik Hostel is a good way to discover Sarajevo! It's about 10 min from Sebij place. For the price, it's really a good plan. We had a balcony in our room, and a good view of all the city!

I had an absolutely brilliant stay at Hostel & Guest House Bistrik. I couldn't have felt more welcome and at home; the hospitality was excellent. The hostel is in such a beautiful and relaxing location with the most amzing views. I will certainly be coming back again

• 18th Jul 2012