Hostel & Guest House Bistrik Reviews

Garaplina 14a, 71000, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Excellent, cosy guest house in the hills of Bistrik, very close to the old town "Baščaršija". The host is very friendly and helpful. If you get the upper room with the balcony, you will have a great view over the beautiful city. Adjacent rooms are, however, in part connected by doors.

We were really surprised with the quality of this hostel! At first, it was hard for us to find but after the first day, we knew our way to town automatically. The staff was friendly and we felt really welcome. I felt safe, knowing the staff lived in the same building and were always within reach. I would recommend this to my friends!

• 26th Jun 2014

Like home. Hostess Nazira Dzina, dzinoa@hotmail.com, phone 033-536-395. Son Emir Dzino has very good English. emir.dzino@gmail.com, 061-516-854. On hillside opposite the old town. Great views of the city, Much quieter than those places in the old town. It's a hke up the hill, but take the 56 or 63 bus. Get off at the old Bistrik Railroad station - looks like a station, but no tracks. Foot path down near the intersection. They will give a a ride to/from the bus/train station.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

While the room was in poor condition and not very clean, I think this is probably reflected in the price. However, the owner was extremely rude. He became aggressive when I questioned things, refused to listen and launched into monologues about how hard he life was.

• 9th Sep 2013

Pretty cheap with acces to a washing machine. Good place to sleep, but nothing going on in the neiborhood except from barking dogs.

• 24th Jul 2013
  • Denmark

The place was a bit disappointment. Even thought the guy who picked me up was friendly, the other family members were VERY grumpy, most of them having a face "oh my god why do I have to do this, woudn't you go away". As they also live in their own floor it was not easy get hold of them, and as they were so grumpy I didn't feel welcome to do so. That said, the room was okay. If you only need a bed to sleep in and expect NOTHING else, I can recommend this. The location is quite good!

I had a wonderful stay in this guesthouse. The people are most friendly, with the heart at the right place. Sometimes you don't see them very often, but when you do invite you for Bosnian coffee and have a nice chat. Very quiet and safe neighbourhood. Quiet guesthouse too, however walls are very thin. Bathroom is dated but clean and working. My room was very spacious with a terrace and nice view over Sarajevo! Accom is only a 10 min walk from downtown. I would definitly come back again.

The hostel is located a 10-minute walk uphill from Baščaršija. The owners speak understandable English and are ready to help, but it can be hard to get a hold of them. I booked a single room with an ensuite bathroom, but in reality I had to share the bathroom and toilet with another guest. The room and other facilities were clean and spacious. My room had a stove, tableware and running water, and I could use a fridge in the hall. All and all, a good stay. I would go there again.

Miejsce położone bardzo blisko starego miasta, ale nie dochodzi do niego zgiełk miasta. Hostel jest położony na wzniesieniu blisko ściany lasu, więc nawet w czasie upału do pokoju dochodzi chłodniejsze powietrze. jedynym problemem może być kuchnia, która znajduje się w jednym z pokoi i gdy pokój ten jest już wynajęty, inni goście nie mają do niej dostępu

Great place, glad they picked me up from the airport or I may not have found it. Very close to Latin bridge and old town.

Bistrik Hostel is a good way to discover Sarajevo! It's about 10 min from Sebij place. For the price, it's really a good plan. We had a balcony in our room, and a good view of all the city!

I had an absolutely brilliant stay at Hostel & Guest House Bistrik. I couldn't have felt more welcome and at home; the hospitality was excellent. The hostel is in such a beautiful and relaxing location with the most amzing views. I will certainly be coming back again

• 18th Jul 2012

The family hosting Hostel Bistrik was incredibly welcoming and helpful. It was my first visit to Sarajevo and they gladly assisted with directions, history, common practices, shopping tips, and any other question that I had. I had a single room with a stove, sink, kitchen countertop, and an incredible view. The facilities were clean and secure. I had keys to the front door and my private room. The hostel is less than 10 minutes walk to center shopping but plan 15 for walking back up hill.

• 23rd May 2012

Not luxurious but very good value for the price. My room appeared to be a converted kitchen but it did the job. The mother and son who run it are very nice and helpful.

• 13th Sep 2011

Very much family like - dive into the society!

• 15th Jul 2011

Superb Hostel! Run by a very friendly and helpful family, I can't praise them enough for their kindness and welcoming mannor. I would love to stay here again and would really recommend it. It isn't far to walk from the town and it is so nice and quiet with zero traffic noise just a nice flowing river nearby to soothe you off to sleep, it's excellent for the money. 10/10.

Well, I wouldn't exactly recommend it. If you're looking for a place to crash it's fine. It's up a big hill, has very little character, offers nothing other than a room, and over charges for any little service you request. That being said, the hosts are extremely nice, though not often present.

Friendly place to stay, in a nice quiet neighbourhood a short walk (up a steep hill!) from the old town. Basic but very good value.

The hostel is nice, located not far from city, but you have to walk up the streets. The staff is polite, helpful and very kind and you get all the help, you need. The atmosphere is nice and quiet, you feel good and sleep well in the night. No noise. I recommend the hostel to people, who want to explore Sarajevo and feel the bosnian hospitality. Regards Helle

We had a very hard time finding this place, but when we got there we were given a huge apartment in stead of the double room we had booked. Nice place and friendly owners, but it's quite a walk uphill from the centre of Sarajevo

« first « Prev 1 2 3