Hostel & Guest House Bistrik Reviews

Garaplina 14a, 71000, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Thank you Emir and family! This hostel is perfect if you are tired of sleepless nights in noisy party hostels - it is a little hideaway that you can make your comfortable base to explore this amazing city. It is one of my favourite places I've stayed as I had privacy, peace, security and comfort. Emir was kind enough to pick me up and drop me off at the bus station, he made it feel like no inconvenience at all and was so welcoming and funny. Best wishes, Bianca xo

thanks again for your hospitality, we enjoyed it a lot!

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Emir was extremely helpful and friendly. He very kindly picked us up and then dropped us back at the bus station. The twin room was large and had a nice balcony to view part of the city. The use of the washing machine and fridge were appreciated. Could improve by having a bin and mirror in the room ... only minor things. Overall stay was good.

The best bit about this place were the staff and the location. They gave me a lift to the station v early in the morning as part of the service which was great. The hostel is up a steep hill about a 10 min walk from the main bazaar and river. Great cafes to eat there. I stayed only one night which would be the best way to use this place.

Our host Emir was awesome. Very welcoming, explained a lot and gave helpful tips. Really enjoyed our stay.

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Israel
  • All Male Group, 31-40

great location, wonderful friendly host! comfortable room, access to fridge, washing machine. plenty of tourist info and tips from the host. definitely recommend for anyone coming to sarajevo :-)

• 2nd Aug 2015

super cool place, super cool people, super cool price I really appreciated being picked up at the train station the hosts are very smiling and eager to share their tips about Sarajevo

the atmothere of the guesthouse was very homy, the boss was very helpful with everything,

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Czech Republic

Amazing. Contact the hostel he will bring you back and forth frm the Airport/bus station. Top3% of hostels in the world considering the frendlyness of the hosts. Don't hesitate to ask if you have special requests ;)

Very good hostel with nice and clean rooms. Bakery, grocery and restaurant within 200 meters, Latin bridge 5 minutes walk. Parking is free nearby, so also ideal arriving by car.

We had a perfect stay.

I stayed at this place for 2 nights. The hostel has all the basic facilities one will require during their stay. Mr Dzino was very helpful and accommodating during my stay, that included pick from the airport and the drop off to the train station as I was travelling to Mostar. I would recommend this place to anyone travelling to Sarajevo.

• 5th Jul 2015

I would recommend this location to anyone visiting Sarajevo. It is only a 10-15 minute walk to most destinations in the old town and city center, and the neighborhood is quiet and safe. Emir, the host, was kind enough to pick me up from the bus station. The room was clean and there was enough space to spread out. If you are looking for a quiet place to relax after a long day exploring the city, this is a good choice.

• 3rd Jul 2015

I stayed in this Lovely Guest House with the Dzino Family from Sunday January 4th until Wednesday January 7th 2015in Sarajevo. I was actually dropped off at The Hotel Bistrik but my Hosts came to pick me up and they provided with a Lovely and Quiet Room in their home with a Stunning View over Sarajevo. The Dzino Family were always Very Helpful to me and when I was leaving they called my Mini Bus to bring me back to Serbia. I would thoroughly recommend staying at The Hostel & Guest House Bistrik

They have free service of pick up from the airport/bus station upon arrival. Even requiring this service at last minute, the staff from Hostel & Guest House Bistrik was great and friendly; they accepted to pick me up there at the same moment as I arrived. The room was clean. I definitely recommend this place.

Free pick up from the airport upon arrival. Host, Emir has very kindly helped me rang up a taxi, organised for the taxi driver to wait for me and requested for written receipt - while I picked up my delayed luggage in the airport. (he had an appointment and not able to give me a lift to the airport)

Excellent, cosy guest house in the hills of Bistrik, very close to the old town "Baščaršija". The host is very friendly and helpful. If you get the upper room with the balcony, you will have a great view over the beautiful city. Adjacent rooms are, however, in part connected by doors.

We were really surprised with the quality of this hostel! At first, it was hard for us to find but after the first day, we knew our way to town automatically. The staff was friendly and we felt really welcome. I felt safe, knowing the staff lived in the same building and were always within reach. I would recommend this to my friends!

• 26th Jun 2014

Like home. Hostess Nazira Dzina, dzinoa@hotmail.com, phone 033-536-395. Son Emir Dzino has very good English. emir.dzino@gmail.com, 061-516-854. On hillside opposite the old town. Great views of the city, Much quieter than those places in the old town. It's a hke up the hill, but take the 56 or 63 bus. Get off at the old Bistrik Railroad station - looks like a station, but no tracks. Foot path down near the intersection. They will give a a ride to/from the bus/train station.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

While the room was in poor condition and not very clean, I think this is probably reflected in the price. However, the owner was extremely rude. He became aggressive when I questioned things, refused to listen and launched into monologues about how hard he life was.

• 9th Sep 2013