Hostel & Guest House Bistrik Reviews

Garaplina 14a, 71000, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

While the room was in poor condition and not very clean, I think this is probably reflected in the price. However, the owner was extremely rude. He became aggressive when I questioned things, refused to listen and launched into monologues about how hard he life was.

• 9th Sep 2013

Pretty cheap with acces to a washing machine. Good place to sleep, but nothing going on in the neiborhood except from barking dogs.

• 24th Jul 2013
  • Denmark

The place was a bit disappointment. Even thought the guy who picked me up was friendly, the other family members were VERY grumpy, most of them having a face "oh my god why do I have to do this, woudn't you go away". As they also live in their own floor it was not easy get hold of them, and as they were so grumpy I didn't feel welcome to do so. That said, the room was okay. If you only need a bed to sleep in and expect NOTHING else, I can recommend this. The location is quite good!

I had a wonderful stay in this guesthouse. The people are most friendly, with the heart at the right place. Sometimes you don't see them very often, but when you do invite you for Bosnian coffee and have a nice chat. Very quiet and safe neighbourhood. Quiet guesthouse too, however walls are very thin. Bathroom is dated but clean and working. My room was very spacious with a terrace and nice view over Sarajevo! Accom is only a 10 min walk from downtown. I would definitly come back again.

The hostel is located a 10-minute walk uphill from Baščaršija. The owners speak understandable English and are ready to help, but it can be hard to get a hold of them. I booked a single room with an ensuite bathroom, but in reality I had to share the bathroom and toilet with another guest. The room and other facilities were clean and spacious. My room had a stove, tableware and running water, and I could use a fridge in the hall. All and all, a good stay. I would go there again.

Miejsce położone bardzo blisko starego miasta, ale nie dochodzi do niego zgiełk miasta. Hostel jest położony na wzniesieniu blisko ściany lasu, więc nawet w czasie upału do pokoju dochodzi chłodniejsze powietrze. jedynym problemem może być kuchnia, która znajduje się w jednym z pokoi i gdy pokój ten jest już wynajęty, inni goście nie mają do niej dostępu

Great place, glad they picked me up from the airport or I may not have found it. Very close to Latin bridge and old town.

Bistrik Hostel is a good way to discover Sarajevo! It's about 10 min from Sebij place. For the price, it's really a good plan. We had a balcony in our room, and a good view of all the city!

I had an absolutely brilliant stay at Hostel & Guest House Bistrik. I couldn't have felt more welcome and at home; the hospitality was excellent. The hostel is in such a beautiful and relaxing location with the most amzing views. I will certainly be coming back again

• 18th Jul 2012

The family hosting Hostel Bistrik was incredibly welcoming and helpful. It was my first visit to Sarajevo and they gladly assisted with directions, history, common practices, shopping tips, and any other question that I had. I had a single room with a stove, sink, kitchen countertop, and an incredible view. The facilities were clean and secure. I had keys to the front door and my private room. The hostel is less than 10 minutes walk to center shopping but plan 15 for walking back up hill.

• 23rd May 2012

Not luxurious but very good value for the price. My room appeared to be a converted kitchen but it did the job. The mother and son who run it are very nice and helpful.

• 13th Sep 2011

Very much family like - dive into the society!

• 15th Jul 2011

Superb Hostel! Run by a very friendly and helpful family, I can't praise them enough for their kindness and welcoming mannor. I would love to stay here again and would really recommend it. It isn't far to walk from the town and it is so nice and quiet with zero traffic noise just a nice flowing river nearby to soothe you off to sleep, it's excellent for the money. 10/10.

Well, I wouldn't exactly recommend it. If you're looking for a place to crash it's fine. It's up a big hill, has very little character, offers nothing other than a room, and over charges for any little service you request. That being said, the hosts are extremely nice, though not often present.

Friendly place to stay, in a nice quiet neighbourhood a short walk (up a steep hill!) from the old town. Basic but very good value.

The hostel is nice, located not far from city, but you have to walk up the streets. The staff is polite, helpful and very kind and you get all the help, you need. The atmosphere is nice and quiet, you feel good and sleep well in the night. No noise. I recommend the hostel to people, who want to explore Sarajevo and feel the bosnian hospitality. Regards Helle

We had a very hard time finding this place, but when we got there we were given a huge apartment in stead of the double room we had booked. Nice place and friendly owners, but it's quite a walk uphill from the centre of Sarajevo

Great value for money, not impeccably clean but very far from dirty. Free pick-up which was on time. The staff tend to keep to themselves, but not in a disinterested way, you just have to ring a bell and someone'll be there to help you. If you like self-catering, the room I was in even had a stove, and you can use a refrigerator (shared). The only caveat I can think of is the paper-thin walls...earplugs might help.

Not really suitable for older personsas the house is at the top of a long hill. The 'fun'questionis not really appropiate in this instance as it is a guest house and therefore not ahostel

Not a place to have a party if that's what you're after for, but if you want a nice and quiet place near the center you found it. It's about ten minutes by foot from the Old Town. The family who runs the place is very nice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3