Hostel & Guest House Bistrik

Fabulous 120 Total Reviews
Fabulous 120 Total Reviews

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
17th Jan 2017

You basically live with Amir and his family in a hillside neighborhood. In my case I basically got my own apartment with a small kitchen and fridge and a bathroom. The location is really quiet and its a short walk to the old centre or to the brewery. Amir is very helpful: He picks you up from the airport/bus/train station and helps you however he can. The only downside was that the temperature (in winter) never really exceeds 20 degr., but that's amply compensated with the abundance of blankets.

1st Jan 2017

Really nice that owner can pick you up when arriving, place is not that easy to find first time when its dark. Had a nice time and cousy room, everything went well, not that much space to dry your clothes.

17th Nov 2016
7.1

Most everything was fine. Owner very helpful. Main complaint is that the kitchen in the private apartment is not clean and is not stocked with basic kitchen utensils and equipment.

9th Nov 2016

Good private place to rest and relax in Sarajevo. Not a bad walk into town. Clean and attentive hosts. Pick up from the bus station was great and they organized a taxi for me to the airport. Nice view and balcony but it was too cold to use when I was there!

• Australia, Male, 31-40
2nd Oct 2016

I had a great stay in the Bistrik guest house. Emil is a fantastic host. When Emil wasn't around it was difficult for me to clarify anything with Emil's brother or Mum as they don't speak German or English. When I arrived Emil wasn't there, so there was some confusion, but things took care of themselves. I had a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and toilet all to myself for my stay. The location is great, I'm sorry that I didn't get to talk to Emil more, and would definitely stay here again. Thank-you!

• bertm741806
  • Australia, Male, 41+
4th Sep 2016

Can't say anything but good about this place. Had a whole apartment to myself and it was perfect. Best value for money I've ever seen.

27th Aug 2016

Pros - great value for your own room, clean sheets, towels and bathroom, pick up from the bus station, good WiFi, lots of space, and i liked the location- yes, up a hill but close enough to everything with peace, quiet and trees. Cons - kitchen was not cleaned, blankets in freezer, no dish towel, a little outdated but hey for the price who can complain! Not every room has the views mentioned. Emir is lovely and helpful. If you are looking for a party hostel this is not it.