Hostel & Pousada Casa Coco Verde Reviews

Rua das Dunas, Jericoacoara, Brazil

Nice hostel that is situated not to far from the beach. However, the security is almost non-existent unless you put your stuff in a locker. Make sure you bring a padlock and lock your stuff up.

A friendly hostel with a great atmosphere. Caiprihna nights are a lot of fun here and a great way to meet other travellers. The common area is a great place to hang out with hammocks to chill in. The kitchen is well equipped with shared condiments for use. It's a few minutes from the beach and the duna so sol and close to the main street and restaurants. Staff can also arrange the buggy tours and kite surfing lessons. Overall, I recommend this hostel in jeri. I really enjoyed my stay here.

Great hostel. My only (minor) gripe is that the dorm room was incredibly cramped with too many beds in too small a space.

Thanks Tony for your feedback! We´ll check the situation with our 8-bed dorms and see how we can improve the situation for our future guests. We also offer 5-bed dorms which might be the better option for your next stay at Casa Coco Verde. Our guests have the option to choose between a budget accommodation in an 8-bed dorm, a medium budget in a 5-bed dorm or a private apartment with balcony in our upper floor.

Thank you Angela for being a gracious considerate hostess with the mostest in terms of local knowledge, uitilising local employees which enhances social equity within Jericoacoara neighbourhood. Your total dedication to ensuring your guests are well catered for shone through when we had daily breakfast provided for by the local lovely signoritas and signoras, afternoon garlic bread and of course the pre party calpirinhas. The fact you took the time and spent the money to buy a decent size TV.

• 20th Jun 2014

Did not enjoy my time at this hostel. The manager was unfriendly verging on rude, the volunteers were lovely though. Fairly central location although hard to find and poorly signposted. There are much better options in Jeri for a cheaper price. Would not recommend.

This customer stayed one night in our girls dormitory and we are sorry that we didn't manage to reach her expectations that one night. We beg our guests to complain about their discomfort asap while still staying here because all we wish is to make our guests feel comfortable and homey to create a nice hostel vibe. Distance: Our hostel is in the centre, but a more quiet street, 5 min.walking distance from the main noisy road and from the main beach. Budget: Please compare prices on hostelworld

It was fantastic meeting the super friendly english speaking staff and spending time here, I stayed an extra 2 nights and wish I had stayed more. All questions were welcomed and any help the staff could give they did! The breakfast is very good as well, best start in the day after a quiet night in the comfy beds. The hostel has a great location, so close to everything. Loved the activities too, tropical nights and Felipos wonderful food incl BBQs. Highly recommended, I´ll be back!!!

• 13th Jun 2014

Had a trully great time in Coco Verde! The staff is amazing, awesome parties 3 times in a week and the staff is always helpful and kind! Angela has a great place for backpackers or for people who just wanna enjoy Jeri!

Surprisingly nice place. Great people, Angela was a sweetheart. Fans and hammocks and free breakfast (with tapioca!) were good. Would have been nice to have filtered water and soap in the bathrooms.

Really friendly staff, and world-traveler guests to share experiences with. Simple but delicious breakfast with traditional northeastern tapioca made at request. Lots of willingness to help you arrange buggy rides at pretty reasonable prices. Comfortable beds and rooms. Definitely recommend staying there! A few points for improvement: a shower curtain could have helped keep the floor dry and therefore cleaner. Handsoap would have been a plus.

Casa Côco Verde has become my new home. This winter I stayed there for a longer period of time and liked it so much I came back after a few weeks. Angela, the owner, has created a place which attracts really nice people from all over the world, open and willing to meet other people. I stayed in a private room which was really comfy and clean, just perfect. Angela and the volunteers set you up to do any possible activity, explaining you the ropes of Jeri.

• 20th Mar 2014

Very nice hostel with very helpful and fun staff. I stayed a few days in one of the dorms and later in one of the big private apartments. The rooms are clean with comfortable mattrasses, big bath rooms and hot shower. Breakfast was one of the best I had in Brazil. The location is central but quiet and the chill-out area is great to relax. I met so many nice travellers and had a hard time leaving as it feld almost like home... Thanks to the staff of Casa Coco Verde!

We had a great time in Angelas Hostel. The apartments are very clean, spacious and comfortable. The location of Casa Coco Verde is very central but in a more quiet street which is great for a relaxing afternoon in the hammock. We took kite surf lesson which was well organized by the hostel. The breakfast was very various with a delicious fruitsalad. We had some fun nights out with Angela and her staff and enjoyed the social environment a lot! Angela took care of everything we asked. THANK YOU!

• 23rd Feb 2014

I had a wonderful time at Angela's place in Jericoacoara. She organised kitesurfing lessons for us with a Privat Israeli teacher (according to him the best in town). I extended my stay three times and enjoyed the privacy and silence in the spacious apartments. A place to feel home easily and meet open minded backpackers from all over. For sure one of the best breakfasts I had on my 2 month trip in Brazil. Thanks a lot!

I spent wonderful time at Coco Verde. The place had great atmosphere with super friendly staff. It was clean, well managed and the breakfast was plenty. The owner Angela was very helpful in finding for me dance lessons, surfing rentals, best places to eat and generally whatever else I needed. And the best of all, I met many great people from all around the world at Coco Verde and spent great time in Jeri.

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Poland

We loved this hostel. Great staff. Breakfasts were fabulous. Relaxed atmosphere, a short walk to the main street. Angela is knowledgeable shout local activities and was able to find us forro classes with the fabulous Mel. Clean, bright rooms.

I stayed 5 days and loved it! The place and dorms are very clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful and organizes everything, the breakfast is the best I had, the social area is comfortable and I meet a lot of other travellers. Thanks for the great time!

The volunteers were very nice and welcoming!

View all Jericoacoara Hostels