Hostel & Pousada Casa Coco Verde Reviews

Rua das Dunas, Jericoacoara, Brazil

Had a trully great time in Coco Verde! The staff is amazing, awesome parties 3 times in a week and the staff is always helpful and kind! Angela has a great place for backpackers or for people who just wanna enjoy Jeri!

It was a nice place to stay and i enjoyed it very much. I heard that is was robbed when Brazil was playing against Germany. Travellers might want to consider the safety.

Great hostel, wonderful breakfast, great staff!

Surprisingly nice place. Great people, Angela was a sweetheart. Fans and hammocks and free breakfast (with tapioca!) were good. Would have been nice to have filtered water and soap in the bathrooms.

Really friendly staff, and world-traveler guests to share experiences with. Simple but delicious breakfast with traditional northeastern tapioca made at request. Lots of willingness to help you arrange buggy rides at pretty reasonable prices. Comfortable beds and rooms. Definitely recommend staying there! A few points for improvement: a shower curtain could have helped keep the floor dry and therefore cleaner. Handsoap would have been a plus.

Casa Côco Verde has become my new home. This winter I stayed there for a longer period of time and liked it so much I came back after a few weeks. Angela, the owner, has created a place which attracts really nice people from all over the world, open and willing to meet other people. I stayed in a private room which was really comfy and clean, just perfect. Angela and the volunteers set you up to do any possible activity, explaining you the ropes of Jeri.

• 20th Mar 2014

Very nice hostel with very helpful and fun staff. I stayed a few days in one of the dorms and later in one of the big private apartments. The rooms are clean with comfortable mattrasses, big bath rooms and hot shower. Breakfast was one of the best I had in Brazil. The location is central but quiet and the chill-out area is great to relax. I met so many nice travellers and had a hard time leaving as it feld almost like home... Thanks to the staff of Casa Coco Verde!

We had a great time in Angelas Hostel. The apartments are very clean, spacious and comfortable. The location of Casa Coco Verde is very central but in a more quiet street which is great for a relaxing afternoon in the hammock. We took kite surf lesson which was well organized by the hostel. The breakfast was very various with a delicious fruitsalad. We had some fun nights out with Angela and her staff and enjoyed the social environment a lot! Angela took care of everything we asked. THANK YOU!

• 23rd Feb 2014

I had a wonderful time at Angela's place in Jericoacoara. She organised kitesurfing lessons for us with a Privat Israeli teacher (according to him the best in town). I extended my stay three times and enjoyed the privacy and silence in the spacious apartments. A place to feel home easily and meet open minded backpackers from all over. For sure one of the best breakfasts I had on my 2 month trip in Brazil. Thanks a lot!

I spent wonderful time at Coco Verde. The place had great atmosphere with super friendly staff. It was clean, well managed and the breakfast was plenty. The owner Angela was very helpful in finding for me dance lessons, surfing rentals, best places to eat and generally whatever else I needed. And the best of all, I met many great people from all around the world at Coco Verde and spent great time in Jeri.

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Poland

We loved this hostel. Great staff. Breakfasts were fabulous. Relaxed atmosphere, a short walk to the main street. Angela is knowledgeable shout local activities and was able to find us forro classes with the fabulous Mel. Clean, bright rooms.

I stayed 5 days and loved it! The place and dorms are very clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful and organizes everything, the breakfast is the best I had, the social area is comfortable and I meet a lot of other travellers. Thanks for the great time!

The volunteers were very nice and welcoming!

Very nice place stay in Jeri. People from all over the over world, there to have a rest or take advantage of the good winds. The owner is very nice and helps you to make your stay better : advices, tour booking, transfer organisation.

Awesome atmosphere. Met some really great people and perfect spot to hang out on the hammock and talk to travellers around the world. Breakfast is great with pancakes and tapioca options. Even had a great barbecue for the hostel ´family´ which was brilliant. Only a short walk to the beach. Definiely recommend for the sense of community and fun!

The garden of the hostel is really nice, but the room where I stayed was not. 1o people in a room and 1 bathroom, which also got blocked at some point. Rooms where kept very untidy by guests and no effort by host to get it tidy. They were really messy. Breakfast was all right. There were fresh tapioca and pancakes, but very fruit came only as a fruit salad in a very small cup. Bed sheets were sinthetic material,,, too hot for this!

No check in after 22 where the last bus comes at 24. Very poor security- we could get in at 3am with help of locals. The owner (Angela) is rude, disorganized (we had to swap rooms few times), shouted at guests and her staff in front of everybody. She lies to you that there is only one kite school to get commission. And kite school recommended by her is not good. Place full of flies which are very annoying but nothing beats Angela, she will make your stay miserable, ohh and it is smelly there.

Friendly place - good for meeting fellow backpackers. The breakfast was average, but absolutely covered in flies. The weather cannot be blamed as other places I stayed in Jeri did not have this issue. Place could generally be alot cleaner. Private rooms good value. Dorms cramped and 1 bathroom between about 10. The staff/volunteers were friendly but lacked local knowledge that the owner could have passed on. If you don't need somewhere sociable, there are better value pousadas in Jeri.

• 10th Nov 2013

If you are looking for an intimate hostel where you get to know everybody and make new friends within a day, look no further. Casa Coco Verde is a rather small hostel with a family atmosphere. In the morning you meet everybody while having an awesome breakfast. During the day you can relax in the lush green garden and chill in the hammocks or try mastering the slack line. In the evening people cook together in the communal kitchen or organize barbecues. Angela can arrange transport and tours and

If you are a backpacker, this is THE place to stay in Jericoacoara. The atmosphere is perfect and the place small enough to meet a lot of other people. I had booked for 3 days and ended up staying almost 2 weeks in this hostel. The breakfast (with pancakes !) is amazing and you have the possibility to cook in the small kitchen. Would definitely recommand this place.

View all Jericoacoara Hostels