Hostel & Rooms Ana - Old Town Dubrovnik Reviews

Kovacka 4, Dubrovnik, Croatia

It's like being part of a huge family here. Amazing and friendly atmosphere, would definitely stay here again.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Ana's hostel was one of our favourites from our whole trip. Ana is very friendly and welcoming and goes out of her way to help you find your way around. On our final day, she even offered to call the bus company to reserve our seats for the next part of our journey. The house feels very homely and cosy and you feel comfortable just sitting in her kitchen. The hostel is also in a great location in one of the streets off the main square.

I had a plesant stay at this hostel. Ana is such a lovely host! The hostel also has an awesome location too. So central!!

Gosh I loved tis place! Ana was so nice! So incredibly close to everything, being located right in the old town. Very well set up to meet people. Would 100% stay here again.

Paying for the location is worth it, staff were friendly and helpful. Good stay

• 21st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Ana's is great! She's very friendly and creates a very home-like atmosphere at the hostel. It's not terribly big, but it's very nice.

The rooms are the ones displayed on the websites, but in high season they put 4 unlucky guests into an extemporized room, so tiny that we had to leave our luggages out of the door in order to be able to actually enter the room. The space between the 2 walls where the bed are inserted is less than 1.80, as I couldn't fit without curving my legs. There is no air conditioning and the fan is not helpful when you have 4 human beings living into such an asphyxiating cell.

Ana has a great gift of welcoming. Luci who insisted on carrying our suitcase to the room was lovely too. I recommend Ana and her set-up to everyone. Hair dryer available on request ladies!

• 11th Aug 2014

A very nice hostel and the owners are very welcoming and helpful. The location is unbeatable and I guess that's why the price is so high!

I really liked the location of the hostel - pretty much in the centre of Old Town! While the price was a bit steep it was somewhat understandable for the overall higher prices of Dubrovnik.

Excellent location. No reception so difficult to get in touch with staff on arrival/leaving.

I had an excellent stay at Ana's Hostel - I even decided to stay for 3 extra nights. A very good location and such a friendly atmosphere. I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 4th Aug 2014

Amazing staff! The lady was super accommodating and even offered to take us around to help us find a parking spot.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Very chilled hostel in top old town location. Staff (plus owner) all really helpful and friendly. Kind of hostel that captures the social essence of backpacking.

I know Croatia is trying to make out for quality tourism, since they joined European community in July 2013. But prices are too high for what they offer ( in spite of being right in the heart of downtown) and their attitude is too business-like. They have lost a bit of genuine charm in the transaction

Super excellent location! Ana and her family members are very friendly and helpful, I felt like a guest at their place. The 4 beds room that I stayed in was tiny and basic. It comes with a locker which you can put some of your valuables in. Toilets are always clean. Overall its a great hostel to stay,I enjoyed my stay there

This is a really lovely hostel with an excellent location. Ana and her daughter Mares are really kind and helpful. I would thoroughly recommend this hostel to other travelers.

Amazing private room - it was our own little apartment in the heart of dubrovnik

• 29th Jul 2014

Excellent location and lovely staff who gave great recommendations for where to go locally. There are lockers but the front door isn't locked, so security could be improved (although this may be more a reflection on the surrounding area, as it seemed very safe). Very clean and there was enough space in the 8 bed, although limited room in the common area.

This hostel is inside Old Town, where cars can not enter. Since I had 2 big suitcases with me it was so hard to get to the hostel due to lots of stairs in Dubrovnik Old Town. Despite this, when I arrived, the girl from the hostel was so helpful, she helped my friend and I with the suitcases through the stairs and also changed us from a small room for 4 people to a bigger one for 8 people. The location is super great! Close to everything! The facilities are very clean too! Definitly recommend it!