Hostel & Rooms Ana - Old Town Dubrovnik Reviews

Kovacka 4, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Excellent location. No reception so difficult to get in touch with staff on arrival/leaving.

I had an excellent stay at Ana's Hostel - I even decided to stay for 3 extra nights. A very good location and such a friendly atmosphere. I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 4th Aug 2014

Amazing staff! The lady was super accommodating and even offered to take us around to help us find a parking spot.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Very chilled hostel in top old town location. Staff (plus owner) all really helpful and friendly. Kind of hostel that captures the social essence of backpacking.

I know Croatia is trying to make out for quality tourism, since they joined European community in July 2013. But prices are too high for what they offer ( in spite of being right in the heart of downtown) and their attitude is too business-like. They have lost a bit of genuine charm in the transaction

Super excellent location! Ana and her family members are very friendly and helpful, I felt like a guest at their place. The 4 beds room that I stayed in was tiny and basic. It comes with a locker which you can put some of your valuables in. Toilets are always clean. Overall its a great hostel to stay,I enjoyed my stay there

This is a really lovely hostel with an excellent location. Ana and her daughter Mares are really kind and helpful. I would thoroughly recommend this hostel to other travelers.

Amazing private room - it was our own little apartment in the heart of dubrovnik

• 29th Jul 2014

Excellent location and lovely staff who gave great recommendations for where to go locally. There are lockers but the front door isn't locked, so security could be improved (although this may be more a reflection on the surrounding area, as it seemed very safe). Very clean and there was enough space in the 8 bed, although limited room in the common area.

This hostel is inside Old Town, where cars can not enter. Since I had 2 big suitcases with me it was so hard to get to the hostel due to lots of stairs in Dubrovnik Old Town. Despite this, when I arrived, the girl from the hostel was so helpful, she helped my friend and I with the suitcases through the stairs and also changed us from a small room for 4 people to a bigger one for 8 people. The location is super great! Close to everything! The facilities are very clean too! Definitly recommend it!

While it was located well in the Old Town, hostel Ana failed to meet expectations. I was staying in one of the 4 bed rooms and it was barely bigger than a shoebox. Add to that 4 people's body heat and only a small fan and you have a sweltering night in Croatian summer. Much better in the AC'd 8 bed rooms with showers though. The communal area was indeed the family's living room, which didn't really feel inviting as didn't really allow you to meet your fellow travelers. Not a great stay.

Fantastic landlady who could not do enough to make her guests feel welcome. Facilities are very clean and wifi worked a joy, always necessary when travelling. Location was brilliant, very central. Will return again to this wonderful place.

Had an absolutely lovely stay at Ana's. She was incredibly helpful when we lost our luggage, calling the airline and collecting it when it arrived. Also the location is fantastic, and the facilities were everything you could want. They gave us loads of excellent recommendations on stuff to do. A bit expensive, but so is everything inside Old Town.

• 21st Jul 2014

Tools are very tiny. I was in room with 4 bed un around 5-6 m2. Very expensive for the Space that you will have. I was lucky because roomsmates were very nice. Only two bathrooms for all the hostel, ue 16 beds.

• 18th Jul 2014

Ana's place was awesome, she is so now and friendly even cooking us breakfast and dinner some days! Probably one of the best places I've stayed at and we'll worth the price to stay in beautiful old town.

Though it is expensive for a hostel, it is worth every penny for the location. It is just one block off the main street in the old town and it is so great to be able to explore in the morning and late at night after most of the tourists (aka cruise ships) have left. Definitely stay in the 8 bed dorm over the 4 bed, as it is much larger and has its own bathroom.

No atmosphere, a bit messy in the kitchen and the small common room. Feels like you step into someones messy apartment. Staff is very friendly and helpful, location is good and rooms are clean. Allthough the rooms are a bit small and warm during the summer.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Norway

Very good location. But maybe a bit noisy at night in festival period. Rooms and shower area are small. Beds are clean though.

I'll be brief but complete, so that you can make a good decision. I spent one night in this hostel in July 2014. I travelled on my own, and booked in a 8-beds dorm. Hostel really clean, good beds, 2 showers and 1 toilet for the 8 persons in the dorm (clean and working). AC in every rooms. Very good location in old dubrovik. An ancient style house, 4 levels, really confortable. Hosts are really nice, friendly, avaliable and willing to help. They like to give you good advices. VERY POSITIVE !!

• 5th Jul 2014

Ana is a fantastic human being and is one of the most caring host I've met. Dubrovnik in general is very expensive but Ana suggests some of the more affordable locations to eat. She also let's you use her kitchen incl all her spices if you decide to cook. Definitely recommend people to stay here if they visit Dubrovnik.