Hostel & Rooms Ana - Old Town Dubrovnik Reviews

Kovacka 4, Dubrovnik, Croatia

While it was located well in the Old Town, hostel Ana failed to meet expectations. I was staying in one of the 4 bed rooms and it was barely bigger than a shoebox. Add to that 4 people's body heat and only a small fan and you have a sweltering night in Croatian summer. Much better in the AC'd 8 bed rooms with showers though. The communal area was indeed the family's living room, which didn't really feel inviting as didn't really allow you to meet your fellow travelers. Not a great stay.

Fantastic landlady who could not do enough to make her guests feel welcome. Facilities are very clean and wifi worked a joy, always necessary when travelling. Location was brilliant, very central. Will return again to this wonderful place.

Had an absolutely lovely stay at Ana's. She was incredibly helpful when we lost our luggage, calling the airline and collecting it when it arrived. Also the location is fantastic, and the facilities were everything you could want. They gave us loads of excellent recommendations on stuff to do. A bit expensive, but so is everything inside Old Town.

• 21st Jul 2014

Tools are very tiny. I was in room with 4 bed un around 5-6 m2. Very expensive for the Space that you will have. I was lucky because roomsmates were very nice. Only two bathrooms for all the hostel, ue 16 beds.

• 18th Jul 2014

Ana's place was awesome, she is so now and friendly even cooking us breakfast and dinner some days! Probably one of the best places I've stayed at and we'll worth the price to stay in beautiful old town.

Though it is expensive for a hostel, it is worth every penny for the location. It is just one block off the main street in the old town and it is so great to be able to explore in the morning and late at night after most of the tourists (aka cruise ships) have left. Definitely stay in the 8 bed dorm over the 4 bed, as it is much larger and has its own bathroom.

No atmosphere, a bit messy in the kitchen and the small common room. Feels like you step into someones messy apartment. Staff is very friendly and helpful, location is good and rooms are clean. Allthough the rooms are a bit small and warm during the summer.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Norway

Very good location. But maybe a bit noisy at night in festival period. Rooms and shower area are small. Beds are clean though.

I'll be brief but complete, so that you can make a good decision. I spent one night in this hostel in July 2014. I travelled on my own, and booked in a 8-beds dorm. Hostel really clean, good beds, 2 showers and 1 toilet for the 8 persons in the dorm (clean and working). AC in every rooms. Very good location in old dubrovik. An ancient style house, 4 levels, really confortable. Hosts are really nice, friendly, avaliable and willing to help. They like to give you good advices. VERY POSITIVE !!

• 5th Jul 2014

Ana is a fantastic human being and is one of the most caring host I've met. Dubrovnik in general is very expensive but Ana suggests some of the more affordable locations to eat. She also let's you use her kitchen incl all her spices if you decide to cook. Definitely recommend people to stay here if they visit Dubrovnik.

They do a great job with the space they have. Understandably, in Dubrovnik's Old Town, space is at a premium, and things can get claustrophobic. But Ana and her daughters do all they can to help--Ana even found me a place in my next stop of Split, and my host there even picked me up from the bus station, saving me a lot of money and trouble. www.GallopingGypsy.com

It was really great stay! very nice location and nice staff!!

We were located just off the main street of the Old Town, so in a great area. The floor & mainly bathroom stunk when we arrived, and remained to until the next day when somebody must have come to clean it. Really revolting, but think this was probably a one-time thing as smell never came back for rest of stay. it had a tiny TV, good wifi and a bowl of sweets. The staff were really helpful, didn't speak fantastic English but nothing a bit of patience couldn't overcome.

Although the price seems a bit higher, it's the cheapest way to stay in the old town if you are travelling alone. The location is really one of the best! No stair until you reached the building, although you have to climb up four floors without any lift. Ana is a really cool host, willing to share the information about the city. She would even go to the information center now and then to make sure her information is updated. The four people room is quite small but no problem for resting.

Ana and her family are lovely and responsive to their clients' needs. My only complaint was that the room I was put up in was very cramped. There were 4 people in a room meant for 1 person (maybe even half a person). If you are accustomed to space around your bed, I recommend that you either book yourself in a room with more beds (as they were slightly larger) or choose another hostel. Location and atmosphere are first class though.

A very good hostel for the open-minded traveller. Felt more like staying in someone's home, with their family, dog, etc.. Ana was very friendly and even cooked her guests food. The 4-bed dorm was a good size, the beds were comfy. The only slight problem was they could be a bit of a wait for the bathroom. I couldn't have dreamt of a better location, in a quiet street right in the middle of the Old Town. Prices are high but for Dubrovnik (where everything was just over-priced) it was good value.

Anna's hospitality was amazing. A beautiful lady inside and out! Home cooked food- delicious! Her daughter also very helpful, have recommended this hostel to everyone!!!!

We had a great time in Dubrovnik! When we arrived it was pouring down rain and the main hostel was full so we were given a much nicer room in another building. Our hostess was lovely and very helpful. Everything was clean and comfortable!

This hostel upon first glance is different, because check-in is inside someone else's living room. Please do not let this discourage you as Ana, and everyone else at this hostel is more than friendly, helpful, and want to see you enjoy yourself. They have knowledge about the city and where to get cheap supplies that any may need. I have traveled to many hostels, and have not one that truly made me feel like I was welcome and at home until this hostel. With it's location in old town, its the best

We were only there for night but it was a very pleasant and comfortable stay in the Old Town, with a great location.