Hostel de Mafkees Reviews

Vijverhofstraat 47, Rotterdam, Netherlands

very nice and likable woman at the front desk!! Thank you.

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Switzerland

One of the staff was rude, really unfriendly to us when checking in. The room was like living in a hospital room, crowed and bad smelling. The shower was also bad. Have to pay more for the blanket and pillow, so it wasn't that cheap as on the website you saw.

Rooms extremely large and way too many people in them.

EVERYTHING IS AMAZING. I am sorry i had to rush and I couldnt say bye. EVERYONE THERE IS EXTREMELY NICE, and for the price, the place is really good. The location is excellent and the city is top. Thanks to the Spanish manager that received me. She was super comprehensive of my changing situation. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Excellent hostel. Short distance away from the central station, making going around Rotterdam on foot very easy! Met some great people in the hostel and made a lot of friends among both visitors and staff. Only point of improvement that I could think of is that there aren't any convenient electricity sockets near beds, so make sure that any phones that you use as alarms are charged beforehand. If I were to be in Rotterdam again, here is where I'd stay.

• 26th Dec 2015

you cannot make it saver. I liked the stay. Thanks and best wishes for 2016.

• 18th Dec 2015

Good place to stay for a short while. Lots of space and a good amount of activities to enjoy. The kitchen had a nice cooker. Unfortunately, we were robbed during our stay. There was a group of young men bothering us by knocking on the window near to our beds. When my friend went to speak to the hostel reception 1 one of the men broke in through the emergency exit and stole a bag containing a gopro camera and an ipod. A sad end to a good holiday. Window needs to be covered. Improve security.

It's a good hostel for sole traveller, coz there r one common area where the travellers can entertain themselves with table games!

I enjoyed the stay ,everything was clean and the bathroom too. The staff was very gentle and helpful

stayed there for three nights, there's a lot of space and some pool tables, fussball, ping pong etc. nice kitchen and big rooms. there s really a lot of beds but few people were staying when I was there so that meant a lot of space. just a shot walk from central station, and the staff is super nice and talkative. I would definitely come back.

I really passed a bad time there. There are 26 peoople in the same room and the beds are very small and the cleanliness of the place is very bad too, the atmosphere is strange and so many peoople for little space. There aren'tlockys in the room too. Don't stay here, go to another place trust me.

Costs for the pillows and sheets which one expects to be included were extra. No payment by card. No place to put one's stuff near the bed, no hangers for cloths - nothing. These minor things are cheap to provide, but organizators didn't care much about "must-haves".

• 30th Oct 2015
  • Russia

no wifi, no atmosphere, thin mattress, prepare to pay 5 euro for bed linen, pillow and bed sheet. Staff aren't very motivated to help. The room is very warm so if you have sleeping bag don't waste your money on linen.

I stayed here literally just needing a bed for the night, which is what I got. Note that blankets/pillows etc come at an extra cost. City centre is a 10-15 min walk away. There is a kitchen and decent sized communal area though. Wifi was down for my stay but don't know if this was a long term thing.

Nice hostel. Did not get a ''5star rating'' due to the facts that you have no outlets near the beds if you're not spiderman. The kitchen was a bit small for the amount of people there. Otherwise it was a really nice hostel. A cool living area and wonderful people by the reception. Totally worth it!

• 19th Oct 2015
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Good value for what you pay. Bathrooms and kitchens are kept clean. However the WiFi was down during our entire stay due to a virus which was pretty inconvenient.

a great hostel, ended up staying an extra night, great atmosphere

During my stay (3 days) the WiFi was not working... it can happen and I wouldn't blame anyone for this, but when I was asking to the staff I had the impression that the issue was not taken as priority. Not all guests are on vacation and can enjoy their free time in the city, without caring...For me it was a quite big inconvenience because I was supposed to work with my notebook at evening, but I couldn't, so I would have appreciate at least some apologies, if not some kind of compensation.

• 11th Oct 2015

The room was a bit too hot, but it was a decent hostel. They have a lot of games, which is nice.

• 9th Oct 2015

The staff is the best workers they know all about traveling customers, they are profesional, give a total information about many detail necesaries to be confortable visiting the city, they are organise all ways check peoples going and back, even take care lockeroom. I was a perfect holliday time for my experience and the group of people been the same days there. Everybody have a good coment and happy stay. A 100% Recommend all way was clean, close to the Station and other important places.