7.1
Very Good 440 Total Reviews
7.1
Very Good 440 Total Reviews
Hostel de Mafkees Located at Vijverhofstraat 47, , Rotterdam.
Netherlands
Rotterdam 3032 SB Vijverhofstraat 47
71% 440
51.9293157 4.4769930
    Rooms available

• Poland, Male, 41+
8th Apr 2016

Very convenient location, easy access to public transport and by walk to center city. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere. Facilities are clean. Great value for money.

5th Apr 2016
6.0

I firstly booked for a 13 bed dorm but was changed to a 28 bed when I arrived (I don't actually know if there is a 13 bed...). You pay 5€ extra for bedding - was old and needs replacing the pillow was falling apart. The showers are located between the 28 and 48 bed dorm and were quite smelly. Sercurity of the property wasn't great but you could hire a locker- main door only locked once during the my 3 day stay. Staff were friendly enough but very basic hostel. could do with a spruce up

• Malaysia, Female, 18-24
4th Apr 2016
2.0

WORST OF THE WORST! The staffs are horrible. One of the staffs accidentally thrown my stuff but she rejected to apologize and said she didn't know abt it. Ended up I found it in the room dustbin, AND SHE STILL NOT ADMITTED THAT SHE THROWN IT, showed me her 'non of my business' face! They are horrible! The room the toilet the entire hostel is horrible! I don't recommend it for 100%! It doesn't worth the money! It's super expensive. I can use that amount of money to get the better one!

• Mexico, Male, 18-24
27th Mar 2016

So my opinion is very unique because I did not have a place to stay for the night and neither did this hostel, but they actually let me store my things and even sleep on the couch, when they did not have any space because it was completely booked for easter weekend. I have traveled extensively and I have never had more fun meeting people than at the common room here, where I ended up going on a bar crawl through Wit De Wit, the place to be, it was with a bunch of traveling brits, EPIC! COME HERE

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
26th Mar 2016

Had a mouse trap in the kitchen which was slightly off putting and there was no can openers or sharp knives, which I understand for safety reasons, but was annoying as I needed both. However, the facilities were very clean (toilets, showers, beds) the room was bright and clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful and they have a good checking in system, which was quick and efficient. Would recommend to anyone travelling through Rotterdam :)

7.7

No complaints

• Pakistan, Male, 25-30
8.0

Hostel is very spacious and clean. Staff of the hostel is very cooperative. There was problem with the big halls instead of rooms with people whispering all the night. It made me waking all the night almost. Secondly, there was a problem with the internet constantly and I could not even check my emails during my stay there. Bad job in this domain really.

• Spain, Mixed Group, 25-30
4.6

pros: interesting characters high on God knows what hanging out in common area being theatrical relief to this train wreck situation. Cons: staff never has change, pillows made of cotton balls (literally), shower drains saturated with hair balls, Internet worked 20% of time, beds were little better than hospital cots, Loud common area throughout the night. reserved a 13 bed dorm from 3 of us, got a 42+bed dorm with no outlets. Bright exit signs in rooms throughout the night..just don't do it!!

• Hungary, Mixed Group, 25-30
11th Mar 2016
6.9

The postive things: guy at the front desk was super kind and talkative. Common area is cool and the kitchen is well-equipped. Location is perfect: central station is 10 minutes by walk. But the 'rooms' aren't like in the pictures. We booked a room with 13 bed for the 8 of us and we got one with roughly 30 beds. The beds are like uncomfotable gym mats. Showers are mixed. Some weird people seemed to live there for longer time we didn't felt safe and comfortable in their presence.

• England, Couple, 25-30
7th Mar 2016
5.7

The hostels location is good it is close to the centre and not far from the station either. We had booked a 13 bed dorm and on arrival we were put in a 50+ dorm when we questioned the size we were told there isn't a 13 bed dorm but was a 24 bed dorm we could stay in which was still a lot larger than we were happy staying in thankfully at the time of our visit it was quiet. There is no electric in the dorms. There are lockers available however even the largest ones didn't fit our bags in.