Hostel de Passage Reviews

Dweersstraat 26, Bruges, Belgium

We didn't know when to pay the rest money and the open hours of the reception.

In general, hostel is comfortable place to stay for a night. Pros: soft beds, washbasin in the room Cons: shower and toilet is outside the room, if you take your cloth in the shower-cabin - it could be wet, because water goes with strong pressure. Also you should push the button every minute to turn on the water. No dryer for hair. It's a pity that the cafe on the first floor was closed, so there was not much facilities to do.

This is a great hostel in an excellent location right off one of the main shopping streets in Bruges. The staff were friendly and the restaurant downstairs had a lovely atmosphere and nice food. Unfortunately one of the two showers on the first floor was cold. But the beds were comfy! As a whole, this is a good value hostel and we enjoyed our stay.

• 29th Oct 2015

In a good location but very basic and no frills. The lighting in the room was dull and dingy. The bin had not been emptied and contained a used sanitory pad which made us question if the bedding had been changed. The staff were friendly but were busy and distrated with running the restaurant below. The shower was a timed push button that kept needing to be re-pressed. No sink in bathroom, had to wash hands back in the room after using the toilet.

The wifi signal was really bad from our room. The shower water was mostly cold, I ended up giving up. Our room was really cold so I asked the staff whether we can turn on the heater, and the answer was no. The music was really loud and noisy for a long while, so I had to put on my earplugs in order to sleep.

• 3rd Sep 2015
  • Taiwan

It was nice, simple and modern, but we felt like it could definitely do with a picture or two to brighten things up and give it some character. The restaurant downstairs was full of character and very tasty. The showers on the second floor were too hot and you couldn't change the temperature. It is unusual to be in an unstaffed hostel, but it did work fine!

• 30th Aug 2015

Very quaint place. Like a resturant that that is set in Harry Potter. Old European style inn. Love it. The staff was excellent. Very friendly and helpful. The rooms were alright. The only down side were the doors were kind of not align to the door frame. Making them hard to close or open. Just need a bit of a push. ;) Very good location to start your day. Would love to visit again!

I stayed here with my boyfriend. It was such a great experience. The staff are lovely!

Good location. Comfortable stay. I would stay again.

Very well located. Very cool little restaurant with some rooms over. Room was very basic with no breakfast (which would make this stay 100% better). Ate in the restaurant (delicious ribs!) and guests get a free glass of house draft beer. The corridor is very loud and echoes what people are saying and makes it sound louder !! I thought the staff were friendly and accomodating .