Hostel de Passage Reviews

Dweersstraat 26, Bruges, Belgium

In a good location but very basic and no frills. The lighting in the room was dull and dingy. The bin had not been emptied and contained a used sanitory pad which made us question if the bedding had been changed. The staff were friendly but were busy and distrated with running the restaurant below. The shower was a timed push button that kept needing to be re-pressed. No sink in bathroom, had to wash hands back in the room after using the toilet.

The wifi signal was really bad from our room. The shower water was mostly cold, I ended up giving up. Our room was really cold so I asked the staff whether we can turn on the heater, and the answer was no. The music was really loud and noisy for a long while, so I had to put on my earplugs in order to sleep.

• 3rd Sep 2015
  • Taiwan

It was nice, simple and modern, but we felt like it could definitely do with a picture or two to brighten things up and give it some character. The restaurant downstairs was full of character and very tasty. The showers on the second floor were too hot and you couldn't change the temperature. It is unusual to be in an unstaffed hostel, but it did work fine!

• 30th Aug 2015

Very quaint place. Like a resturant that that is set in Harry Potter. Old European style inn. Love it. The staff was excellent. Very friendly and helpful. The rooms were alright. The only down side were the doors were kind of not align to the door frame. Making them hard to close or open. Just need a bit of a push. ;) Very good location to start your day. Would love to visit again!

I stayed here with my boyfriend. It was such a great experience. The staff are lovely!

Good location. Comfortable stay. I would stay again.

Very well located. Very cool little restaurant with some rooms over. Room was very basic with no breakfast (which would make this stay 100% better). Ate in the restaurant (delicious ribs!) and guests get a free glass of house draft beer. The corridor is very loud and echoes what people are saying and makes it sound louder !! I thought the staff were friendly and accomodating .

We were completely ignored by the staff whenever we needed anything. We were promised a double bed, but in the hostel were told that the hostel had no double beds. We found hairs in the blankets that were not ours. Really noisy, people running along the stairs the whole time. Shared toilets are very basic: no soap or anything.Security is abysmal, instead of doors there are some numeric codes anyone could use from day to day. We were happy breakfast was not included and we got to leave the place.

It was a good experience, nice location and pretty clean. Beds were comfortable. Only thing was that there was only 1 plug at the room and we were four, and you know, in the smartphone era it can be quite an issue. But other than that, everything was smooth.

It was be at good,will stay there again and will tell all my friends .

• 2nd May 2015

Lovely hostel which is in a great location half way between the train station and the main square. The lady at reception was very friendly and spoke fluent English, French and Flemish. I loved the little restaurant/bar that was downstairs which really added to the place and we ate there one night and the food was quite nice. The double room that we stayed in was very basic but fine. Comfortable beds and had a sink in the room with toilets and showers down the hall.

The hotel is adequate to go for a short time, has basic facilities.

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Quite little hostel with 1 lady working both the hostel and a restaurant. The restaurant had amazing food must eat.

Very accommodating staff, great location and great food from the restaurant.