Hostel de l'Etoile Reviews

Bastide de l Etoile, 329 chemin de Chateau-Gombert, Marseille, France

wifi is not good other facilities are excellent

We really enjoyed our stay at Hostel de l'Etoile. Perfect location for us: no traffic noise, eating places in walking distance. Madame's English good. She was friendly and helpful. The place itself was clean. The house is beautiful. Another plus- The breakfast was good for a Hostel in Europe. Definitely worth the price and we would stay there again if we return.

• 9th Dec 2013

Great hostel : large rooms, kitchen, wifi, bus stop next to the hostel. A map of the area is given and indications where I might like to go and what there was to see in the area. There is a large parking lot. I would recommend staying here. Will definitely rebook.

• 10th Nov 2013

Nice lovely place to stay. Huge rooms as well as being extremely clean. The staff is very friendly and knowledgable about Marseille. Breakfast was included, and the location easy to find from the train station! Very good hostel if you rent a car. Absolutely worth recommendation (a very good value for money)!

• 6th Nov 2013

A true French experience! Owners are sweet, pleasant, and very accommodating! They took the time to assist us with finding additional information about the sights that we were interested in seeing to ensure we were able to make the necessary arrangements during our stay. They assisted us with travel to and from the metro/train when we arrived late and provided us with guidance as needed. Beautiful property and spacious accommodations! Highly recommended!

We were travelling as two girls and when we got that place we understood it wasnt even a HOSTEL! (İt writes as that in its name though!) . a big house with nobody!We have waited for 45 minutes for somebody to come.ıt was so out of town , it was looking so isolated. After waiting the couple came, we said we dont want to stay and women shouted us about our nation and insist to take money and she dşdnt give receipt and when want receipt she closed the doors and make us waİT.Racist,twicer people!!

A small and very personal B&B with a nice and helpful owner, the rooms are in a typical southern-frence style. The maison is surrounded by a beautiful garden with a small swimming pool The breakfast was served outside and quite delicious (different kinds of bread/croissants, jam, tea and coffee, orange juice) The location is outside of the city center, you can reach it by subway and the a long ride on the bus (the last one goes at about 9pm, but the owner offered to take us home by car later)

I really really liked this hostel. Very good and peacefull atmosphere. Good place to relax. I just smiled there :)

Nice charming house and fair price for what you get. What is worth critisizing is that you get talked to like an infant e.g. you need to be careful with the walling and basically everything. This is really not appropriate! The rest is fine.

• 24th Jul 2012

Our hosts were wonderfully gracious and helpful, and went way beyond expectations in introducing us to some areas of local interest. Lovely room, nice hot showers, and we made good use of the outdoor ping pong table. Easy access to Marseilles by bus and a charming village with post office, boulangerie and bank just a few hundred yards away. I can't recommend Hostel d'Etoile highly enough!

• 24th Apr 2012

Amazing place to stay! My room was great - gigantic with lots of character. Not in town but transit is very easy. Be forewarned if you have a Mac, the free wifi may notwork, but they let me use their personal computer to check things. I would definitely stay again!

I stayed in a private room in this hostel. This hostel is a nice private house located outside of the city center. The hostel manager/house owner is a very nice lady. The place and breakfast are excellent. The only negative thing about this place is its location.

Lovely place, very quiet and safe.

Lovely big rooms in an old french house, with nice garden surroundings - very romantic and autentic atmosphere. Great service. Quite far from the center. A perfect place for a family or a couple.

Lovely peaceful accomodation. Situated a little too far for convenience from the Marseille. Required a bus and metro trip to get into the city. Breakfast was included, however was more of a token gesture than a substantial meal.

This Maison d hote is not for party people. It is far from city center, but it a quiet area. You have to take a bus for 10 min; then the Metro for 15 min to get to center. It is perfect for a couple that want to see the city and have a quiet night at the room. The last but at night to get to the hotel is at 20h25. Be carefull for that.

This hostel was the nicest hostel that I've ever stayed at, and the setting was beautiful. It is located very far from the city center and transportation ended up being a big expense.

The location and rooms are absolutely breath taking. Getting to town required just a bus and metro and the family-staff is always ready to help if you ask.

Très sympa !

This place is legit, and the family that runs it is great. Our room was really big. The metro and the bus actually make it pretty easy to get to. My only disappointment is that the wifi did not work with my iPhone, it woulddn't even recognize a signal. My iPhone connected to other wifi signals on my trip fine though. The manager offered to let me use their laptop if I wanted, which was really nice. Great customer service.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4