Hostel de la Viuda Reviews

Calle San Luis y Nueva Granada, Punta del Diablo, Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

It's a nice spot with great people.

• 30th May 2014

One of the best hostel ever. even the dogs are really nice.

Great hostel. Stayed there forb3 nights. It is run by seba and guada, a very nice couple who makes you feel at home all the time. Big kitchen, good beds, very nice yard and an amazing roof.

• 1st May 2014
  • Argentina

The hostel is very special . There is a good acomendation , very friendly stuf that give really good service, very big with a big yard. I am travelling for 3 months and this is one of the special hostel that I´v been . If you go to punta del diablo once. I definitely reccomend about this hostel!

Amazing facilities swimming pool, pool table, party room, viewing platform, hammocks, deck chairs, lounge, mountain bike hire everything was well maintained food and drink to purchase in hostel was about the same price as supermarket and staff are friendly and very helpful with pick ups and drop offs to bus company. Sebastion speaks very good English

Sebastian was a great host throughout our stay. He collected us from the bus station and offered us a lift home from the restaurant on the first night because we'd been travelling all day and were a bit tired! He and the lady who works there helped us out with booking transfers and sorting out washing. The atmosphere was lively and friendly and the hostel is so cool with loads of seating areas in the garden to relax with fellow travellers. Would definitely recommend!

• 5th Apr 2014

Cool place, a nice laid back vibe. Owner is very helpful and picked me up from the bus terminal

Amazing place, great people and truly the best facilities. If you could we would spend much more time there!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in during my 10 months of traveling trough Asia, Africa and South America. Never met such a great staff - they help you with anything, and are really welcoming. The hostel has everything that a backpacker need: Good beds, laundry, Wifi, good (and always clean) showers, a big and well equipped kitchen, and also it is possible to buy some dishes and drinks - for supermarket prices. The hostel is a bit far from the beaches and "down town", but what a lovely place it is.

Fab hostel. Decent common areas; large kitchen; good brekkie; food

The best hostel I've stayed in in South Anerica by far. The owners are fantastic, all the staff know everybody by name, the atmosphere is excellent. The only things I can say could be improved is that there are no lockers (not that I was ever worried about theft because of the atmosphere) and the 10 bed dorms really only have room for 8 beds. I didn't want to leave, and would 100% return. Note: be aware that the hostel is outside of the main 'town'.

• 15th Mar 2014

Great Hostel! You'll have a good time there... And thanks for picking us up at the bus stop!

Best hostel experience ever. Staff are so nice, they picked me up from the bus stop, bought my outgoing tickets at the bus terminal and still offered to pick me up at 10pm when I caught the wrong bus coming back from Cabo Polonio. All this free of charge. Met excellent peeps. Didnt even want to leave the hostel at night. Pool table, swimming pool and a fussball table are enough. They sell alcohol in the hostel at supermarket price. very clean. beautiful beach 5 min walk.

What a great hostel! It has everything, a nice pool, clean facilities, amazing kitchen, and very very friendly and helpful staff. They even picked us up at the bus depot, just make sure you have some cash if you go in the off season as there is no ATM in town. Can't imagine staying anywhere else in Punta del Diablo.

Best hostel ever! We had the time of our lives, the hostel environment felt like home. We all kept extending our stay because we weren't ready to leave. The hostel staff are incredible because they care so much about making your experience the absolute best, and go way out of their way to meet all your needs. Close to the beach, a beautiful setting, the backyard is full of awesome hangout spots, so it's possible to spend the entire day at the hostel and not feel like you're missing out at all.

Beautiful hostel, best I have stayed in South America!

Great hostel atmosphere wise - awesome common area, kitchen, and hangout areas. Good breakfast. Helpful staff for directions, activities, and pickups from bus station. Clean enough in shared bathrooms, but could have used soap in the bathrooms. Location is FAR from beaches or town (at least 30 minutes walk). Better to have a bike or car if you stay here. Nearest restaurant is at least 20 minutes away, so plan on cooking here quite a bit.

12 out of 10. The staff (the owners) are the most helpful and nice ones we have met on our trip. Really nice kitchen, bathrooms and facilities. We would definitely stay there again :)

View all Punta del Diablo Hostels