Hostel de la Viuda Reviews

Calle San Luis y Nueva Granada, Punta del Diablo, Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

Great place to stay, really good kitchen. The hostal has a lounge/bar, pool room, bbq area and a swimming pool. Very spacious! Also they pick you up and bring you to the bus, very convenient as the stops are a bit of a walk. Stayed much longer than planned here. Definitely recommend the place!

Sebastian is so nice. Thank you! :) The girls, well, they do they job. Very important that the breakfast starts at 9:00. Not before that they think. ;) Hostel is little bit outside the "city", close to the beach. There is parties every night, so if you don't like those, it could be little bit noisy. If you like, you will have a good time. There is lot of hammocks that you can spend your time. Liked it! Rooms are really small, you really don't have space for your things.

This is the best place we've ever been to... we'd say a "resort" for backpackers! From the first moment (when Sebastian picked us up) until the moment he dropped us off at the bus terminal, everything was just perfect. The room was great, even cleaned up twice during our stay (6 nights), bathrooms were spotless (constantly getting cleaned up) and the common areas fantastic which create a great vibe for everyone who stays there! U feel so much at home here that _everyone_ extends their stay!

Nice hostel, staff and ambiance but it is far from the beach (15/20mn by walk)

Really nice and helpful owner! 2 different common areas so was easy to find a place to relax. Quite far from town but its a pleasant 10-15 min walking so not bad. The only "but" is that the quiet time is too late at night... I think that they have to be a little more stricts with this. Overall is a very good place to stay!

Had an amazing stay here, couldn't recommend it enough. If you are travelling on your own it a great place to meet people, really social and chilled hostel. Out of season, the bars are quiet so you need a good hostel like this one to make your time worth while. Staff are really helpful, take advantage of their pick-up service from the bus stop. I'm going back there I think very soon!

• 7th Mar 2015

favorite place on our trip

The hostel it's located 15 minutes walking from the beach and the town's center. It might seem a little bit far but thanks to it's distance from the beach the place benefits on greenery. You can find everything you need here. Relaxing spots, entertainment and some amazing hosts. Sebastian and Guada, the owners will go out of their way to help you in anything you might need, from bus tickets to giving you detailed tips to make the most of your visit to Punta del Diablo.

Helpful staff, easy to meet other travellers. Small dorms.

Good place but far from beach, town and supermarkets. Do not go to the playa grande it's not worth it!!!! Playa de la viuda is loads better and also take a walk to the other beach behind la viuda very nice! The fish is perfectly fresh and fantastic in town.

Awesome hostel! Everybody super friendly, very good atmosphere, best equipped kitchen I have ever seen in a hostel! Short walk to the viuda beach and into town. Small swimming pool, BBQ area, pool table etc. If I come back to punta del diablo I'll definitely stay here again!

It was really great. Nice staff, nice swimming pool, nice people at the hostel. I had really good fun and really good sleeps. Good showers at all! Next time I will sell the caipirinhas 😄

A great place to meet some really cool people who like to party and socialize!

Awesome hostel! I think this is the best hostel I have ever stayed at!

Great hostel! Best kitchen we have seen (very well equipped and clean). Lovely garden, chill out places, pool. Very helpful staff, picking you up from the bus station. Bikes available for rent. Rooms are a bit small, and it is a bit far from town, but what do you need except for a great hostel and a beach near by right?!

Best hostel I've been to. Beautiful house with everything you need- sandwiches tartas and groceries that you can buy along with a nice breakfast. Super friendly and helpful staff- they even pick up and drop you off at bus station for no charge. Really good place for meeting people and relaxing. Plus they have 5 dogs!

Probably the best hostel I have ever stayed in, and probably the best kitchen I have ever seen in a hostel. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Diablo

Couldn't recommend this place more. Great atmosphere and the best kitchen we've come across. Sebastian went out of his way to help with anything and everything and even collected us when we got a flat tyre cycling in the national park. Ideal if you're a chilled backpacker looking to meet like minded people. Overall great place!

Sebastian and his lovely wife went above and beyond for us. Seb personally came to the bus terminal to pick us up and later drop us back there. When one of our group's bike got a flat tyre in the national park, he bought us a replacement bike. Him and his wife organised our bus ticket to Porto Alegre- the only hostel offering these tickets! Hostel is well set up with everything you need to make up for the location being 1.5km from the beach and Main Street.

A wonderful hostel with such a great atmosphere. Sebastian and the staff are so friendly and really go out of their way to be helpful including picking you up and taking you to the bus terminal. The facilities in the hostel are great, including a pool and huge BBQ which we definitely made good use of. I rarely leave reviews for hostels but felt I had to for his one as I had such a lovely time there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3