Hostel de la Viuda Reviews

Calle San Luis y Nueva Granada, Punta del Diablo, Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

This was the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in. I accidently booked 1 night instead of 2 and had to book into another hostel the second night. Even so Sebastian gave me a lift to the hostel the next day and if he saw me around town, offered to drop me off where I needed to be. The hostel is slightly further out of town than some of the others, but the atmosphere and facilities completely make up for this. Punta Del Diablo has some good options, but this place seems to exceed all. Fab Place

Great hostel, one of the best I have been so far. The staff really does its utmost best to make your stay relaxed and enjoyable. Kitchen facilities are the best I've ever seen in a hostel. Beds are not reallycomfortable, but good enough to have a proper rest. Location is not very central, but because of this, most of the guests stay in the hostel to cook dinner and have drinks afterwards, which makes it a good place to meet people. I really want to go some time again tot this great hostel!

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in! Gabi and Seb are so friendly, make you feel completely at home. Everything is spotless, the rooms are spacious and the pool and garden are super. We stayed for Christmas and I'm so glad we did! We had a huge asado with lots of drinksdrinks and great company. A little far from the beachbeach/town centre but not really an issue as the closest beach, Viuda, is gorgeous.

This is a very homely hostel with a great communal area. There is a pool!!! The gardens are so lovely and big you can surround yourself with people if you want to but you can also easily get space to relax. Sebastian is very helpful and helped organise my bus when I was leaving. Both him and his partner make this hostel a relaxed and lovely place to stay.

• 16th Dec 2014

Great hostel. Could stay a month. Staff were excellent. Plus I like dogs

I don't normally leave reviews but this is deserved. Met by owner Seb at bus stop who drove us to hostel. Great facilities an prefect for relaxing. Always something to do. Great kitchen area. Owners that are great to talk too, never short of help or advice an genuinely really nice people who go out of there way 4 everyone. Garden area best I ever come across at a hostel. A walk from centre which found this a nice relaxing stroll in the sun. A perfect place to end my trip. Highly reccomended 👌👍

hostel de la Viuda is the perfect hostel to meet people from everywhere. the atmsphere is great and you have snooker, swimming pool just in front of the patio. the building is very well made with lots of charms. Sebastian

The ONLY reason this is not 100% is because the hostel is just a little far from town. This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in! It feels like you are in someone's home. The kitchen is fantastic. The living room/common area is perfect. The pool is great. There is a pool table and tons of hammocks. You can rent bikes and buy food from the hostel. Drinks are the same price as in the store. The staff is absolutely fantastic and make you feel right at home! And there are really nice dogs

One of the best hostels I've stayed, the kind off place you end up staying longer than you planned.. You feel just like home..

Highly recommended; the place is run really well with lively and informative staff, and has great vibes to it. There is a pool volleyball and a pool table, the breakfasts are good, and the bike I hired was cheap and in really good condition. Full of information about things to do in the area, with a bunch of adorable dogs, and overall a good place to chill, meet people, and see Punta del Diablo. Only thing negative would be the abundance of flies, and mosquitoes - wear insect repellent at night!

Incredibly clean, well organized, very knowledgable and friendly staff who often went out of their way for us-a big help to and from the bus. The 10 minute walk to the beach or stores was quite nice rather than inconvenient. Has a few friendly and very well trained resident dogs. At times I couldn't believe the value of this hostel

Stay here!!!!!! Amazing hostel, great atmosphere, awesome super helpful staff, huge kitchen. Really clean - there seemed to be someone always cleaning the bathrooms when they were not in use! Wifi in all areas & good breakfast. Outside areas were also great, hammocks, pool and the tower which was finished whilst we were there. It's a 10-15 minute walk into town / to the beach but mountain bikes available from the hostel.

The most lovely, hardworking owners-they really make the experience here special. The facility is one of the nicest I've seen and it's an amazing value for the money. It seems to have the magical effect of lulling you into staying a lot longer than you'd anticipated (no bank machine in town so bring extra pesos!). Punta del Diablo is lovely as well. The only down sides is that it's a bit of a trek to the town and beach (owners will run you in) and they need to get the fly situation in control!

Sebastian and Guadelupe are the most friendly and helpfull staff. Large kitchen for cooking and cosy chill room! Very nice garden and you can rent bikes. Very happy to have stayed there!

Sebastian and Guadeloupe are great owners and were really helpful with telling us things to do in the local area. Sebastian will even pick you up from the bus stop if you let him know what time you are arriving. The hostel is very well maintained and is a lovely place to pass the time. You will stay longer than you planned!

This may be the nicest hostel I have been to. The owners are a very welcoming young couple who go out of there way to make your stay perfect. They have done a great job with making the hostel comfortable and this place has more relaxing sitting areas than any other you will find. The house, pool, yard it is all perfect. Breakfast is great and the house is kept as clean as you would expect your own house to be. Can't say enough about this place!

Fantastic hostel that we would (and have been) be recommending to anyone and everyone. One of the best set ups of any hostel that we have seen with a great indoor space/kitchen and plenty of space outside with a pool table, pool and foosball table. Sebastian and Guadeloupe + all staff were excellent, friendly and helpful and you can tell they have put alot of time and heart into making this hostel a home for all staying there. We stayed an extra three nights than what we had planned!

Hostel de la Viuda was such a wonderful place. A few minutes outside of town made for a perfect little oasis. The house is very clean and Sebastian and the staff were great. Had a blast. We loved the dogs and everything about our stay! The pool and hostel grounds are amazing!

• 21st Oct 2014

awesome hostel, really well set up and well run! has got a pool and a lot of other awesome facilities, and the guys here will help you book your onward tickets to brazil whilst getting you a discount!

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff were so friendly, spoke perfect English, and picked us up from the bus stop fro free. They also dropped us off for our departure from Diablo. The kitchen facilities were by far the best of any hostel. On top of the bikes offered to rent are excellent. Thanks for a great stay.

• 12th Oct 2014