Hostel de la Viuda Reviews

Calle San Luis y Nueva Granada, Punta del Diablo, Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

Good place but far from beach, town and supermarkets. Do not go to the playa grande it's not worth it!!!! Playa de la viuda is loads better and also take a walk to the other beach behind la viuda very nice! The fish is perfectly fresh and fantastic in town.

Awesome hostel! Everybody super friendly, very good atmosphere, best equipped kitchen I have ever seen in a hostel! Short walk to the viuda beach and into town. Small swimming pool, BBQ area, pool table etc. If I come back to punta del diablo I'll definitely stay here again!

It was really great. Nice staff, nice swimming pool, nice people at the hostel. I had really good fun and really good sleeps. Good showers at all! Next time I will sell the caipirinhas 😄

Awesome hostel! I think this is the best hostel I have ever stayed at!

Great hostel! Best kitchen we have seen (very well equipped and clean). Lovely garden, chill out places, pool. Very helpful staff, picking you up from the bus station. Bikes available for rent. Rooms are a bit small, and it is a bit far from town, but what do you need except for a great hostel and a beach near by right?!

Best hostel I've been to. Beautiful house with everything you need- sandwiches tartas and groceries that you can buy along with a nice breakfast. Super friendly and helpful staff- they even pick up and drop you off at bus station for no charge. Really good place for meeting people and relaxing. Plus they have 5 dogs!

Probably the best hostel I have ever stayed in, and probably the best kitchen I have ever seen in a hostel. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Diablo

Couldn't recommend this place more. Great atmosphere and the best kitchen we've come across. Sebastian went out of his way to help with anything and everything and even collected us when we got a flat tyre cycling in the national park. Ideal if you're a chilled backpacker looking to meet like minded people. Overall great place!

Sebastian and his lovely wife went above and beyond for us. Seb personally came to the bus terminal to pick us up and later drop us back there. When one of our group's bike got a flat tyre in the national park, he bought us a replacement bike. Him and his wife organised our bus ticket to Porto Alegre- the only hostel offering these tickets! Hostel is well set up with everything you need to make up for the location being 1.5km from the beach and Main Street.

A wonderful hostel with such a great atmosphere. Sebastian and the staff are so friendly and really go out of their way to be helpful including picking you up and taking you to the bus terminal. The facilities in the hostel are great, including a pool and huge BBQ which we definitely made good use of. I rarely leave reviews for hostels but felt I had to for his one as I had such a lovely time there.

We stayed 3 nights in Vidua and enjoyed it a lot, it's a bit far from the center, but we had a car so it wasn't a problem for us. The hostels offers you a lot, space to chat outside, poolroom, swimming pool, a separate room to have parties with bar. The kitchen is the best furnished I've ever seen, all you need for a good meal is there. The hostel itself offers you fresh made sandwiches and tortas every day. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Would stay there again for sure! Gracias!

• 27th Jan 2015

I stayed at hostel de la viuda for 3 nights and it was a good experience. Staff is very nice and helpful. Place was clean. a little far from the center but its a nice walk. Not many sockets to charge your phone. I reccomend this place and would stay there again.

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Spain

This was the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in. I accidently booked 1 night instead of 2 and had to book into another hostel the second night. Even so Sebastian gave me a lift to the hostel the next day and if he saw me around town, offered to drop me off where I needed to be. The hostel is slightly further out of town than some of the others, but the atmosphere and facilities completely make up for this. Punta Del Diablo has some good options, but this place seems to exceed all. Fab Place

Great hostel, one of the best I have been so far. The staff really does its utmost best to make your stay relaxed and enjoyable. Kitchen facilities are the best I've ever seen in a hostel. Beds are not reallycomfortable, but good enough to have a proper rest. Location is not very central, but because of this, most of the guests stay in the hostel to cook dinner and have drinks afterwards, which makes it a good place to meet people. I really want to go some time again tot this great hostel!

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in! Gabi and Seb are so friendly, make you feel completely at home. Everything is spotless, the rooms are spacious and the pool and garden are super. We stayed for Christmas and I'm so glad we did! We had a huge asado with lots of drinksdrinks and great company. A little far from the beachbeach/town centre but not really an issue as the closest beach, Viuda, is gorgeous.

This is a very homely hostel with a great communal area. There is a pool!!! The gardens are so lovely and big you can surround yourself with people if you want to but you can also easily get space to relax. Sebastian is very helpful and helped organise my bus when I was leaving. Both him and his partner make this hostel a relaxed and lovely place to stay.

Great hostel. Could stay a month. Staff were excellent. Plus I like dogs

I don't normally leave reviews but this is deserved. Met by owner Seb at bus stop who drove us to hostel. Great facilities an prefect for relaxing. Always something to do. Great kitchen area. Owners that are great to talk too, never short of help or advice an genuinely really nice people who go out of there way 4 everyone. Garden area best I ever come across at a hostel. A walk from centre which found this a nice relaxing stroll in the sun. A perfect place to end my trip. Highly reccomended 👌👍

hostel de la Viuda is the perfect hostel to meet people from everywhere. the atmsphere is great and you have snooker, swimming pool just in front of the patio. the building is very well made with lots of charms. Sebastian

The ONLY reason this is not 100% is because the hostel is just a little far from town. This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in! It feels like you are in someone's home. The kitchen is fantastic. The living room/common area is perfect. The pool is great. There is a pool table and tons of hammocks. You can rent bikes and buy food from the hostel. Drinks are the same price as in the store. The staff is absolutely fantastic and make you feel right at home! And there are really nice dogs

View all Punta del Diablo Hostels