Hostel de las Manos

Good 215 Total Reviews

• Brazil, Mixed Group, 41+
1st Apr 2017
3.1

Really dirty, smells bad and terrible bathrooms! Do not recommend!!! Muy sucio, huele mal y terribles baños! No lo recomiendo !!!

14th Jan 2017
3.7

I changed the type of reservation and the manager did not recognize my previous payment through the webpage, I didn´´`´´`t mind, but the location is very bad, away from the center and with no stores around. The wifi only works ocassionally in the lobby and not at all in the rooms, there are no lockers and I only stayed there because I already paid. On the positive side, the beds are clean.

• Russia, Female, 25-30
7th Jan 2017
5.1

We booked the hostel for 4 nights. Around one month before departure we knew that our plans are changing and we had reschedule the reservation. Unfortunately 3 days before departure we did manage to catch a bus to arrive in Calafate. I wrote an email to inform the staff that we will arrive one day later. By the arrival I received very unpleasant speach from the reception person regarding me rescheduling the dates. It was extremely impolite and she ignored any questions asked in English

• Belgium, Female, 25-30
2nd Jan 2017
4.6

We are sorry to say we had not really a good time at Hostal the Las Manos. There were several things broken in the bathrooms (only one shower and one WC available), the kitchen was very incomplete (few utensils to cook) and the host was not very helpful and pleasant (almost no information on the trips in El Calafate, no help to book a bus or a tour,...). Fortunately, we moved to another place belonging to the same host for the two last nights that was more comfortable, but far from the center.

2nd Jan 2017
2.9

Hostel manos This was maybe the worst hostel I have ever stayed at. Shower electrocuted me and other guests literally It's not even a hostel, it's more like a low end hotel, with 2 shared bunk rooms and the rest private, mostly families and older people staying there, not a good environment for solo backpers or for meeting people There's only 2 people working there and they don't speak English Kitchen has weird hours that are legitimately enforced, like you can't use it during breakfast hours

• maribeynonowen1583
  • Wales, Female, 41+
31st Dec 2016
3.7

very small, dingy private room; shared shower room - only one shower working; breakfast not very plentiful; staff were not very friendly. not great value compared with other hostels in same price range.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
27th Dec 2016
6.6

Decent beds and clean facilities, but the staff made me pay to replace a corkscrew that they claimed I broke although it looked to be extremely old and used ...