Hostel de las Manos

7.1
Very Good 206 Total Reviews

14th Jan 2017
3.7

I changed the type of reservation and the manager did not recognize my previous payment through the webpage, I didn´´`´´`t mind, but the location is very bad, away from the center and with no stores around. The wifi only works ocassionally in the lobby and not at all in the rooms, there are no lockers and I only stayed there because I already paid. On the positive side, the beds are clean.

• Russia, Female, 25-30
7th Jan 2017
5.1

We booked the hostel for 4 nights. Around one month before departure we knew that our plans are changing and we had reschedule the reservation. Unfortunately 3 days before departure we did manage to catch a bus to arrive in Calafate. I wrote an email to inform the staff that we will arrive one day later. By the arrival I received very unpleasant speach from the reception person regarding me rescheduling the dates. It was extremely impolite and she ignored any questions asked in English

• Belgium, Female, 25-30
2nd Jan 2017
4.6

We are sorry to say we had not really a good time at Hostal the Las Manos. There were several things broken in the bathrooms (only one shower and one WC available), the kitchen was very incomplete (few utensils to cook) and the host was not very helpful and pleasant (almost no information on the trips in El Calafate, no help to book a bus or a tour,...). Fortunately, we moved to another place belonging to the same host for the two last nights that was more comfortable, but far from the center.

2nd Jan 2017
2.9

Hostel manos This was maybe the worst hostel I have ever stayed at. Shower electrocuted me and other guests literally It's not even a hostel, it's more like a low end hotel, with 2 shared bunk rooms and the rest private, mostly families and older people staying there, not a good environment for solo backpers or for meeting people There's only 2 people working there and they don't speak English Kitchen has weird hours that are legitimately enforced, like you can't use it during breakfast hours

• maribeynonowen1583
  • Wales, Female, 41+
31st Dec 2016
3.7

very small, dingy private room; shared shower room - only one shower working; breakfast not very plentiful; staff were not very friendly. not great value compared with other hostels in same price range.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
27th Dec 2016
6.6

Decent beds and clean facilities, but the staff made me pay to replace a corkscrew that they claimed I broke although it looked to be extremely old and used ...

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
22nd Dec 2016
7.7

The first day when I got to the hostel the cleaning lady welcomed me, but wasn't able to really help since there was no key so I had to wait for the owner. The owner is a very nice woman, but I felt a bit awkward because one day I could clearly hear her and her son arguing while I was sitting in the common room. Which is spacious and light, and it is the only place where you have wifi. Apart from that I was the only one in 6 persons dorm the first night, so perfect to get some rest!

18th Dec 2016

Great hostel. Clean, quiet, and secure. Nice building a bit away from the centre but still close to shops. Beautiful breakfast area and decent wifi. Breakfast was just bread, but that's the same as everywhere. Having to take your shoes off immediately at entrace was a bit annoying. Staff weren't very personable but they were professional so what more can you ask for? Nice rooms and comfy beds.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
15th Dec 2016
4.6

The hostel itself is ok, pretty standard.There was only 1 functional toilet and shower for 6 rooms and they ran out of tp. Bring your own tp, and a shower head too. The wifi was non existant. The staff were miserable and the receptionist has an absolutely terrible attitude. Each day there were new bizzare rules and most guests stayed quiet to avoid being yelled at, which did happen a few times. It's not a cheap hostel either. It was like living in a bad relationship, do not recommend

• England, Couple, 31-40
10th Dec 2016
5.4

Having read good reviews on this hostel we were really disappointed. I told them what time I was arriving and having been on a bus all day when we arrived we just wanted to check in. Instead we had to wait for thirty minutes for the receptionist to arrive with no apology and didn't even show us to our room. Breakfast was poor and the the mattress in the room was so old and saggy. Walls are thin so you can hear everything. For the same price you can stay in nicer places with fabulous breakfasts.