Hostel in Rio Reviews

Rua Senador Correa, 61, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Good neighbourhood. Near train station, which is then only a 10-15 minute ride to popular beaches. Flamengo beach is just down the road. Nice breakfast and staff. Would stay again.

Small kitchen and lobby. Excellent breakfast!!!

Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful,. I cannot commend loud enough the help I received fro Marcel and Diego. I failed to hand in my key. I will post it when I find a chance. Fettes

Good Hostel. Will recommend!

• 23rd Oct 2013

The hostel is a ten minute stroll from Largo Do Marchado metro station. You'll be on the beach in 30 minutes. You'll be downtown (Centro) in 30 minutes. The hostel is small. The beds are great (slept like a baby). Excellent (new) air conditioning system. Bedside lamps are a great touch. This is not a 'party' hostel. If you want a good nights sleep in a comfortable, clean environment then this is the place to stay.

This hostel is a great option for those who does not want to do typical tourism, as it is not near the beach. It is located in a nice and safe residential area. It is not full of "gringos" and you will find many Brazilian tourists staying at the hostel. The staff is good despite of the cleaning lady, who is very rude, especially when we asked at the reception when the female bathroom would be cleaned, since it was already 5pm and it was a complete mess!

• 28th Sep 2012

Hey, Karla. Good morning. We apologize for what happened, however, we hope it doesn't change your mind 'bout our services. You went couple times and hope to host you again next time you come to Rio. Best regards. Hostel in Rio Team

Everything was excellent

Thanks a lot ! Hope see you soon ! Equipo Hostel in Rio

I had a fantastic weekend in Rio. Very nice staff, located right in the middle between Copacabana and Lapa (going out!). I loved it an I will definitely come back!

This is the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff are very attentative, friendly, helpful and speak excellent English. I was only supposed to stay 3 nights but extended it to 5. The breakfast is also great! The downside is the location, although close to the metro station, if you want to go clubbing it will be expensive and taxis struggle to find it because the hostel looks like a house from outside. This is not a party hostel, but if you are looking for somewhere to relax - perfect

Very clean and very safe hostel. The staff is extremely nice and helpful and speaks a wonderful English. I stayed there for three nights and I was almos sad to leave it. The location is excellent next to a lot of busses, supermarkets and restaurants. Lago de Machado only 5-10 Minutes away with all its amenities and the Subway station. The only thing is that the hostel is a little bit small and narrow, so a little but uncomfy if too many people there. Otherwise you'll simply enjoy your stay.

This place is awesome, the staff is really nice, rooms are awesomee and the areaa is really cool, it has lots of character. You will love this place!!

Nice, new and very clean hostel. The 12 man dorm is tiny, but the beds are comfy enough. The lounge/reception are is tiny though, and theres no place to hangout and chat.

Thanks, Paul ! We'll do our best to improve and be your hostel when you back to Rio. Best regards, man! Sincerely, Joel Reis

I had a very pleasant stay at the Hostel in Rio. The quality of the hostel was high class and had a very modern style which I liked. The staff (Joel, Carolina, Selia and others) were all brilliant. I also met the owners who were very helpful to me as well. The only minor downside, and this very much depends on what you are looking for in your hostel, is that it did~´t really have a social area. But, overall I would say this was excellent

Excellent hostel, was more like a hotel then a hostel everything very clean a new. Staff went out of there way to be as helpful as possible.

Very clean and the staff very good.

Safe and clean hostel, really nice stuff and nice beds! If it was located on Ipanema or Copacabana, close to the beach, I would call it the perfect hostel !

Clean, safe, nice n close to the metro. The location is perfect.....between Lapa n Copacabana. Thats it!

• 7th Jan 2012

Amazing people running the hostel including Davidson, Philamina, Carolina & Jojo. Great hostel!

Enjoyed our stay very much! The staff made a special New Year's Eve dinner, gave gift bags and even subway tickets for all the guests...very thoughtful and much appreciated! Will definitely stay there again!

I really like the hostel

• 19th Dec 2011