Hostel in Salta Reviews

Tucuman 464, Salta, Argentina

Immaculate. Staff friendly and helpful. Internet speed varied from acceptable to unusable. Around 5 blocks south of the central plaza. Would gladly stay here again.

Excellent BBQ and helpful staff.

Overall pleasant atmosphere with a neat garden for hanging out. Hostel asado was delicious. However, rooms towards the front of the hostel have almost no window and could use some renovation. Overall happy with my stay here and with the responsiveness of the staff.

Really clean and great staff - the lady on reception couldn't do enough to help us during our stay! They were also happy to check us in at 2am in the morning! We missed the Asado but heard only good things about it and watched their chef make empanadas from scratch in preparation for it the following night! Only downfall is the lack of showers, but you do get a complimentary towel on arrival! Would recommend Salta por Siempre!!

Amazing, friendly, so helpful!

Nice hostel, like mentioned in description. Poor breakfast but atmosphere makes up for it.

I loved staying in this Hostel. The hostel is beautiful. They have a garden where you can have your breakfast and to drink a beer. They also do this barbecue twice a week where all the gests and staff eat together as a family. I just loved to stay there and I will recommend this hostel to everyone!

Friendly staff, close to the town centre, about a 15-20 minute walk from the bus station. Overall nice hostel and relatively clean. Would be nice if they had soap in the bathrooms to wash your hands. Nice little courtyard to relax and meet people. The barbecue every Saturday and Wednesday was incredible. I've been in SA for four months and it was the best I've had.

I travelled alone and I really did enjoy staying at this place. The staff was super friendly, the vegetarian asado was really good and the trips they offer are worth their price! I shared a room with three others and the room and bathroom was really clean, as was the whole facility. Can highly recommend this place!

• 17th Jan 2015

staff and atmosphere were v good

I would strongly recommend this hostel. Comfortable beds, hot showers, good wifi. The staff are great too! This hostel has an open courtyard out the back which is great for having a few beers and socialising. The only downside for me was the breakfast. I felt they could've offered more of a variety.

In general the hostel was good, but it lacks cooking utensils such as pots and pans which are in good order. however the coffee offered for breakfast is great.

I've spent in the hostel two nights including the Christmas Eve and I've found a very friendly atmospheare. Furthermore the staff was really friendly and helpful and the rooms where I've spleept (multiple female rooms) were very cleany and confortable.

• 24th Dec 2014

Very nice Christmas dinner for about 20 with host family and international tourist. Very rustic hostel with pleasant courtyard.

Nice atmosphere in common patio. Helpful staff. Did a nice job organising Christmas dinner. Location is a bit out of center but walking distance. Minor complaint is that the private rooms with bathrooms vary.I got the basic double which had no natural light, but totally fine for me and great for price. The linens are old, so it is like staying at your grandmother's place :). Bathrooms get wet. Friend got deluxe - had natural light and quieter, but that seemed to be the only difference.

This is my favourite hostel so far. The staff is super friendly, and the place is mostly quiet. The hostel is located downtown, not far from the bus station. The wi-fi was not the best though, but it worked in our room.

A nice place to stay. Garden to have your breakfast (basic breakfast is served: tea / coffee with bread and jam). Room and showers are good. There is a discount on sundays but you have to ask for it. If you don't, you won't get it. We asked for it, but the guy at check out wouldn't give us the discount. He said he was aware that there is a discount on sunday, but his boss had given him our bill, which had no discount, so there was nothing he could do. As we were in a hurry we just had to pay.

Not in the middle of all the action. Breakfast is poor - one coffee with a portion of bread. Staff is helpful.

The hostel is a few blocks away from the town center but it's a really nice place, especially when you enjoy sleeping when it's quiet outside. They have a very clean and well-appointed kitchen and for breakfast you can have hot chocolate and coffee with milk foam - prepared with love ;)

Lovely outdoor common/bar area where you can order empanadas, but a bit of a walk from the center.