Hostel of the Sun Reviews

Via Melisurgo 15, Naples, Italy

Staff were amazing. Our trip to Naples would have been so much harder without them We went straight there after getting of the train and they gave us a map and all the information we needed to get around - including lunch recommendations. We had a double room with ensuite which was beautiful and clean. Everything was provided and we even had a balcony. Breakfast was also included which made a nice start to our day. Staying there was a great decision and would do it again.

• 13th May 2015

One of the best hostel! They organized stuff, like they cooked a napolitanese meal for freeea ans more !! A must go!

STAY HERE. This was my favorite hostel experience while backpacking Italy. I only booked 2 nights but ended up staying 5. Super easy to travel to the rail station to get to Sorrento/Capri, 5 minute walk to bus for Positano and the Amalfi. Staff was AMAZING, super helpful, made great food and bar recommendations. Rooms were clean, comfortable and super inexpensive.

Great staff Good breakfast Good location: 10-mn walk to city center and 100m from the harbor

beware of cockroaches in the bedrooms. staff was nice, but hostel was not so clean.

• 6th May 2015

Great place and extremely friendly staff (our check in was on a really hot day and they met us with water). Great location right by the harbor and the castle. Wonderful room the only down side was were only there for one night.

The staff really made the hostel for me, but they do seem a bit overworked, although they are happy and cheery when I was there it seemed to be one girl running the bar, opening the door, running reception and doing laundry. The staff were very helpful with information and advice. I liked the Ikea bedding too, it was cute and a bit more fun than the average plain white hostel bedding. Slightly too many keys though - buzzer door, large door key, key card, and locker key, impossible to remember!

Fun place with all of the extras you would expect from a great hostel (a bar, maps and connection with a free walking tour, organized activities fun staff etc)

This is such a great hostel to stay at! Staff was super friendly and helpful and give you all the information you need about Napoli or to do one of the day trips. Facilities were good - nice, comfy beds, medium-sized lockers, 3 bathrooms + toilets on the floor, a bar with cheap drinks, two computers and some days they organise free dinners. Location is pretty good to explore the city as it is close to all major attractions. Great place to chill out, have a beer and meet other travellers!

Comfortable place and within walking distance to all the main sites, metro Universita and ferry point.

Such a nice, friendly, welcoming staff. One of the best I've had on my travels around the world. Great atmosphere. Wish I could've stayed longer. Anyone on the edge about staying in Naples- if you stay here you will enjoy it SO much more. Oh and the breakfast is delizioso ;)

A very nice place, not the high end hostal you'd expect but very clean and the staff was awesome. Also the atmosphere is great to meet people or just to hang out by yourself.

Spotlessly clean, helpful staff, great breakfasts! Good communal area so easy to meet people- I would definitely recommend a stay here.

Everything was perfect. Fabulous free breakfast!

• 21st Apr 2015

Nice place! Got a free pasta dinner one night. Staff seemed pretty cool :) great atmosphere. I replay enjoyed the music that was always playing during the day, but it could be a bother to some people that are trying to have a nap in the day. Location isn't too bad. If recommend it if you want to meet people!

Best. Hostel. Ever. I can't say enough about the great experience I had here. A good hostel stay starts with the staff, and these folks are the best I've encountered out of 20 hostels I've stayed in. Clara, Marga, Luca and Mariska (I hope I got your names right, there was some drinking involved haha) are the BEST!! So helpful, incredibly friendly. As soon as you arrive they treat you as if you've been friends for 100 years. I made friends here that will last a lifetime. Stay here! Cheers, Brian

Friendly staff, and great atmosphere. The only questionable thing was that the dorm room doors don't lock, so you have to have everything in a locker if you are concerned about safety.

Great location - in walking distance of some of the best places to visit in Naples and the staff were helpful for food recommendations, sights, etc. as well. The beds were comfortable and clean, the breakfast was free (!) and the common space was pretty good. Be warned that the hostel is on the 7th floor and you'll need to bring change for the elevator (just a 5c coin, but still). Also there are only a few bathrooms/showers for the shared dorms so you might be waiting a bit :)

We had a great stay here, the hostel was fantastic and the staff were very helpful and knowledgeable, and really friendly. The hostel has a really good lay-out and atmosphere that seemed to encourage people to interact with each other. I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay.

I really enjoyed my stay at Hostel of the Sun. Staff were extremely friendly, helpful and fun to talk to with lots of laughs plus they made me feel welcome as soon as I walked in the door so that was a nice feeling. I must admit I was fearing this was a wild party hostel but it's very chilled out and somewhere you can meet other travellers no problem. The kitchen was in excellent use for dinners and breakfast was delicious. If I ever return to Napoli I will definitely stay again for sure.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5