Hostel of the Sun Reviews

Via Melisurgo 15, Naples, Italy

Hostel of The Sun is located in the city centre, near to Castel Nuovo and to metro station Università. Staff is very helpful: you can ask for a piece of advice about what to see, where to eat and so on. Wi-Fi signal is not so strong, but it wasn't a big problem: you can use two laptops for free. Very good breakfast.

The owner and staff are extremely nice and helpful. The place has clean bathrooms and a cool atmosphere. The only picky thing about the place is there are only 3 bathrooms. The location is close to the docks and Piazza Victoria. It is a little hard to find at first but it was a good experience. They even hook you up with Kayak Napoli. You get to kayak in Naples for 25 euro. Awesome experience. Note* The taxis in town are very cheap. From the train station is a little more expensive.

• 25th Jun 2015

Very well run place. A few too many under-21 americans staying there for my liking, but it was the kind of hostel that makes you wish you'd scheduled more time in Naples.

Great place to stay, staff very friendly! The Capri boat tour was fun, although it took us close to 2 hours of transportation to get to where it started. Great hostel overall!

I was very happy that the place was very easy to find, after taking a bus from the airport. Upon arrival, I was greeted by the staff, who did a great job of explaining how to get to places around Napoli. I was also pleased to find that the hostel was serving dinner, which ended up being fantastic! The community environment provided a great place to meet people. The facilities, including the bathrooms, were very clean. Overall this was a very pleasant stay.

Clean facilities. Staff is very helpful - thank you for recommending the various food outlets and booking the horse riding tour at Mt Vesuvius! Wifi is very fast and reliable. A/C in the room. Near to the attractions. Thank you for making my stay this pleasant! :)

I had an amazing time. The hostel is located very close to the bus station if you want to get a bus or train to the Almafi Coast, Salerno, Sorrento etc. The naval station is very close too in case you want to take a ship to the islands. Staff members are very friendly and helpful. It's pretty clean too. The only thing is that the building is kind of old. Other than that, everything is just great.

Good Location with spacious and clean rooms, but the best part were the friendly staff. Their advice and tips made our time in Naples really special. Thanks!!

• 11th Jun 2015

This was such a great hostel, my sister and I stayed 2 nights. the staff are really friendly, approachable and helpful, were given really great ecommendations for lunch and dinner. The room was quite small and the beds were incredibly squeaky, but only downside to hostel. There is free breakfast! And on our second night there was free dinner!! They did our laundry!! There is a tiny bar with cheap drinks! Really great vibes, everything you want from a hostel.

The best hostel of europe. I have been in 20 hostels in this trip and there is no comparison. The only problem is the 10€ Of the reservation of the capri tour that I have a problem. But is awesome!

Had lots of fun here and met lots of great people. The staff are also super cool. Rooms might be a tad tight but it's manageable.

The staff here are amazing and really make your stay in naples awesome! Had an amazing time here !

• 9th Jun 2015

This hostel rocks guys!!! Staff is incredibly friendly! I must confess I was scared when I got to Naples, but after checking-in at this hostel and getting lots of advice, my trip was incredibly smooth and cool!! They were always ready to help me out and give me tips even after my check-out as I had to spend some hours in Naples waiting for my plane back home! I strongly recommend this hostel!

This hostel seemed like a lot of fun. Our travel plans were messed up, so we weren't able to spend much time checking it out, but the girl at the front desk was so helpful. She immediately gave us a map and recommendations for dinner. She was so much fun.

I loved staying here!!! The staff are fantastic, friendly and fun, the hostel is safe and clean. I was sad to leave, having made great friends. Thanks Hostel of the Sun!

Great Hostel, its quite large in size spanning over a couple of floors, but you don't feel it. Staff were fantastic and really made my stay.. met some cool people. They had a free dinner and you can also use the kitchen. Free breakfast is the best I have seen, they have 1kg tubs on nutella on each table, that is just cray. They also have lots of activities/tours to choose from including free walking tours, tours to capri, pompeii etc.. Would stay here again for sure.

The staff here were so friendly and bubbly. They helped us locate all the hot spots in the city, one of the girls even took us partying with her! Great place to stay

The staff were Incredibly friendly and helpful and I really had fun going out with on the first night. They offered some activities which were a bit pricey but still cheaper than other tours, only problem was the boat trip to Capri left from Sorrento! So getting there In time was a problem. Overall though, it was a good stay. If you want to visit Naples and surrounding towns I'd recommend this hostel.

The staff are so friendly, the place is spotless, and the atmosphere is amazing! I was only here for one night but I wish I could have stayed longer! I 100% recommend staying here if you're visiting Naples!

• 6th Jun 2015

Great hostel ! Lovely atmosphere, nice travellers and great decorations. The staff is friendly and helpful, they know all the good tips in Naples. Felt at home. :) Oh and prepare a 5 cent coin to pay for the lift ! (but the staff provides free 5 cent coins, don't worry ^^)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6