Hostel of the Sun Reviews

Via Melisurgo 15, Naples, Italy

Excellent Hostel. Staff very friendly. Very clean as well. I would come back.

Feels like home, staff is super nice and fun, a block away from the coastline

I had a private room which was quite nice, but similar price to a hotel. Chose the hostel for the 24/7 reception and atmosphere. Staff are excellent but in the common room there were 5 guys just looking at their laptops / phones. Free wifi killed the hostel :)

Good hostel. Easy to meet people if thats what you are looking. The owner knows a lot of history from the city, ask him. Close to the subway. Go to Pompeii!

By far the best hostel I have stayed at in my 2 months of travel. I wish I could give this place a 110% rating. Great, safe location right by the port and within a 5-10 minute walk to anywhere you wish to go. Best part about the hostel is the staff.. Super friendly, provide a great environment, and they keep the hostel extremely clean. They go out of their way to help everyone. The largest and best free breakfast I had in Europe was also at this hostel. 110%.

• 13th Sep 2014

Great hostel for a great city. Hostel is in a good location and staff are brilliant and nothing is too much for them to do for you. Such a shame so many people miss out on Naples as there is so much to see and do and it felt very safe. I much preferred it to Rome. .

The sun will always be shining in this hostel! It is located in a very nice area - easy for you to get to places! The staff is amazingly friendly and will invest a lot of time in answering all your questions and recommending you places to go to. I really enjoyed the relaxed and fun atmosphere!

Great hostel, amazing staff , you really feel like home, it's a perfect place to make friends and get to know Naples thanks to all the tips that they will give you IT's hard to find such a friendly atmosphere...Great caipirinhas and dinners! You can stay there for a week and do some of the day trips that the hostel organizes... there is so much to see! Valerio, Luca and all the staff are doing a wonderful job! keep it up! WIFI works PERFECTLY IN THE WHOLE BUILIDING!

Super clean hostel, nice breakfast, nice staff! Very good price to stay!!!

Hostel of the sun is a great hostel, very comfortable and cozy, just a few steps from the metro station. The staff is awesome, the best I found in a hostel until now, they are very friendly and makes you feel at home, I really recommend the hostel. Hope to see you again guys.

I had a lovely stay, the manager and staff go out of their way to provide the best possible experience for guests staying. It was a delight to be there. Other guests were very friendly and the small bar was full with a variety of nationalities, sharing travel tips whilst sipping on cocktails made by the fabulous Brazilian barmaid. I really enjoyed both Napoli and the hostel.

I think it was the best hostel I ever been in my life, really comfortable and I felt really safe. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

Wonderful staff, wonderful staff (must be repeated), a familiar place where you automatically easily socialise, very good breakfast and very close to the main port.

Really awesome hostel! Staff are great, common area is well set up so easy to meet people, location is great for seeing Naples and catching the ferry to Capri, also not too far to the train station for travelling elsewhere. Highly recommend!

Very good value-for-money hostel. Convenient location, decent facilities, clean. It's biggest asset are definitely people - genuinely friendly and helpful

Great staff with good recommendations on places to go and see. Good atmosphere for meeting people and not a bad location. AC, cleanliness, hot showers, working computers, good wifi and comfortable beds were all there. Breakfast was your typical hostel breakfast with some massive jars of Nutella..haha.

One of the best hostels ever! The staff were so friendly and helpful. I arrived needing to find a cycle shop for spare parts for my bike - everyone so kind phoning for me and helping me to sort out the problem. I went to stay with a friend on the Amalfi coast - again, very helpful regarding leaving my stuff with them. There is a lovely atmosphere, the breakfasts are good and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

• 27th Aug 2014

All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, especially Valerio and Bernhard. Nothing was too much trouble, and gave great advice on places to visit and where to eat.

They were awesome -- so helpful, warm and kind! The room was super comfy and clean and our 4-bed mixed dorm had a private bathroom! We would definitely stay at Hostel of the Sun again!

Staff are absolutely incredible and go above and beyond to help. The atmosphere is really nice, chilled and social. There is also a small bar which is nice and social.

• 24th Aug 2014