Hostel of the Sun Reviews

Via Melisurgo 15, Naples, Italy

- : the building where is situated the hostel make you feel a little unsafe, the building is quite degraded, you feel it especially when you arrive. The welcoming is at the 7 stage, with a lift (5cent). + : good welcoming : map of the city with advice, staff very attentive, adaptable, nice activities proposed by the hostel : prices are fitted (free walking tour, horse riding on Vesuve, capri tour (70e)..), good breakfast, a bar with cheap drinks, beds are comfortable

Great hostel- has it's own bar with live jazz and possibly the strongest cocktails in Italy, a chef who comes in and cooks for the guests and trips arranged through the hostel (I really recommend the Capri boat tour- well worth the money). The staff are every bit as friendly as all of the reviews claim and the place was really popular with single travellers- a good place to meet people.

Every future hostel has been ruined for me because this one was just so great. Exceptional staff. Great Atmosphere. Amazing place to be. They help you with everything. Will definitely be back.

Hostel of the Sun is such a fun place to stay and i highly recommend it. Be sure to check out their website for tours, i did the kayaking tours through them and it was one of the coolest and most fun things i have ever done.

• 18th Jul 2014

Staff was really friendly, breakfast was really nice and it is convenient for all age groups(including families). Great value for money!

Staff was great and it was generally a decent atmosphere. But it's definitely not as good as the ratings make it seem. Out of the 15-20 hostels I've stayed in this would be towards the bottom of the list, especially for the money. Biggest issues... Internet was too slow for downloads. No AC. Lots of street noise at 6am. Key to the front door is huge. No shelf or power outlet near the bed. Lockers were flimsy at best. Staff truly was fantastic tho, so it wasn't a totally bad experience.

Super helpful staff and great atmosphere. If you're in Napoli definitely stay here!

Not a single complaint about Hostel of the Sun. Great staff, great atmosphere, common area to meet folks, they had a guitar for folks to use, easy access to transit to the airport, train station, metro and transit hub for the busses. Nothing fancy and just what a hostel should be in my opinion. I love this place! If they only had a swimmin' hole. We had a private room and it worked out perfect with our young baby. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Naopli.

Without exception every person working there was friendly. They went out of their way to solve a problem I had with a booking at another hostel. Found out information on bus services to and from Matera. The enthusiasm and knowledge shown about Naples and surrounds was wonderful. Thank you for enhancing an already magical trip to Italy

I stayed at Hostel of the Sun for a few nights. It was clean and easy. Staff were helpful and nice. The security was really tight so no worries about that!

I've stayed in many hostels all over the world. This one is pretty darn good on the points that matter most (cleanliness, helpfulness, etc.). The location is very central for sightseeing, though at night it's a bit away from the places you're likely to hang out (though not too far). The fact that the hostel is located in a commercial building in a neighborhood that's pretty dead at night isn't ideal. I suppose the other positive qualities make up for that, though.

the stuff is very kind, they make sure you feel welcome and at home,,, the hotel is a bit far form the main train station I did the walked it took me 30 minutes, I will not recomended if you have the rolly bags since the streets wals are all made of stone.. But One there is a perfect location with the Matro station 5 min away,, th emain atraction s 5 mins away. Internet was Flawless!!! and breakfast good.. Also you get to know the magic box of the elevator ( it made my day)

jajajaja que grande!!

Hotel of sun is a perfect hostel I've been stay. The common room is cozy and sooooooo comfortable, always plays music and videos. Breakfast is nice and u also can joint their dinner just need to pay 5 euro. Especially I'd like to mention is the staffs are sooooooooo nice, they are funny and full of energy, and they will make u feel its home not a hostel!!! Hostel of sun definitely will be my top choice in Napoli.

Awesome hostel

The best hostel I stayed at in Italy! Harriet is an absolute rockstar: as soon as I walked in she gave me the lay of the land, and sat for half an hour to show me the local places that she would enjoy visiting. It makes such a difference to get off the tourist track and live Naples like a local! Bedrooms are basic, but very clean. Best shower facilities to be found in a hostel: large, clean, and great water pressure. The breakfast is also a huge plus: yogurt, three kinds of cereal, toast.

Staff were very friendly and knowledgable. The organized day trips were a good price and well worth it!

Almost faultless, this is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. The staff were amazing, other travelers were a pleasure and you didn't lack for everything you needed!

The staff was helpful and friendly. Luca especially made us feel at home and comfortable. Great excursion options.

Loved it! Staff was wonderful!

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was very easy to meet other travelers. The staff are great, and spent lots of time giving you travel information for the area. I took the day trip to Capri and horseback riding up Mt Vesuvius, which were amazing, and I booked them through the hostel. My only concern is that the doors to the rooms don't lock, but there are lockers. My room was on the floor where the lounge

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6