Hostel of the Sun Reviews

Via Melisurgo 15, Naples, Italy

This was a great hostel to stay in especially after arriving in Naples at night. It's a large contrast. The tiny lift brings you to the 7th floor where you are welcomed by staff through an easy check in. Beds are clean. Bathrooms too. Breakfast is included and is good. Cappuccinos will be brought to you! Staff were incredibly helpful with recommendations of things to do and places to eat. Self catering is good also

Amazing people, we had a great time. Our room was on the same floor as the lounge and didn't lock. But other than that we had an amazing time here.

It's one of the best hostels I stayed. Everything clean, free breakfast, some nights free dinner and Lorela and Lucca are amazing!! You can see they love what they do. I definitely recommend it, and I'll definitely going to go back.

A place of brilliance

staff like Andrea and Luca and Mary help to make your stay here a memorable and great experience. the atmosphere is amazing and the staff sits down to show you a map and all the best places to eat. from the moment you walk in you have a smile on your face and they really know how to make your stay in napoli amazing I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

I was welcome at the hostel with a very friendly staff who explain to me the city attractions and good places to eat Breakfast is include Good wifi Clean bathrooms

Enjoy my stay here. Staff were excellent and free dinner was a bonus

This hostel and its staff are amazing. 5 stars

Excellent hostel! Definitely worth the price. Very clean and the staff are super welcoming and friendly

• 23rd Jan 2016

Nice staff and clean room are enough reason to "revenir"

Cozy hostel, excellent staff, the guys give you all help you need, extremely clean, excellent breakfast, close to the main points of the city, if you want to visit the Vesuvius or Pompeii is just walk 5 minutes to the train stop. I was a bit worries about Naples but this hostel made me change my mind! Excellent!

One of the best hostels I ever stayed at hands down!! The staff are what make this hostel - particularly Milad and Lorenza!!! Super clean and the friendliest happiest atmosphere ever - great for making friends - did not want to leave this one!!! Thanks guys!

I had a fantastic stay at Hostel of the sun. The staff were extremely helpful and Luca and Sabrina made me feel very welcome as soon as I walked in the door. All the staff were super friendly, fun had a good knowledge of the area and took me and other travellers out drinking to bars in the city. The hostel was very comfortable, clean and has a great atmosphere in the communal area. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who is travelling to Naples.

• 9th Jan 2016

The hostel facilities itself are not necessarily posh, however the people and the ambiance is absolutely make it worth staying at this hostel! Wonderful staff members that really look out for their guests. Plus the environment is great for solo travelers looking for some company while in Naples!

I loved my stay here, it's the most welcoming place I've ever been to. It's so cozy with all the couches around, you can just hang out and meet so many people. The rooms are fine too, bit small maybe but the beds are good and there's a plug and a light at the bed. The wifi is perfect everywhere and the free breakfast is top notch. If you're Lucky, Luca will even make you a special espresso. I was going to stay 2 nights but partly due to the hostel I kept extending to 5 nights. It's that nice.

Hostel of the Sun is a good hostel. I had a great time there. Great staff and people. Naples was a good time. My only complaint is the facilities and cleanliness. There were leaky water heaters and sink hoses, therefore the floor of the bathrooms was often soaked. And there was some mold in a few of the bathrooms. My room had a lot of dust build-up on the floor and under the bed. I guess I was just really observant while there. I would recommend doing a thorough cleaning.

Great stay at the hostel. We loved it. Sorry we forgot i nostri struffoli above the fridge ): but we hope staff will enjoy them. Thanks!

This's one of the rarest hostels in Italy that I stayed in before are operated by actual, local Italian-speaking [Italian] people. So the staffs actually know about Naples and will tell you their recommendations. They actually care about tourist unlike other places simply trying to take your money and whatever. The hostel area is super safe, thus the distance from the train station is totally worth it. Highly recommended! Big shout out to the great staffs, Luca, Sabrina and Marica! I'll be back!

The staff was excellent, and had an answer to every question you could have. We were there New Year's Eve, and they made sure everyone knew they could use the kitchen instead of eating out (due to high prices). We ended up staying an extra night, and they were booked but made sure to find room for us in another hostel (which was not nearly as nice).

In many years of backpacking, I've never received a friendlier welcome at a hostel! Luca was a delight, and took about 20 minutes recommending a number of restaurants and sights around Naples. A fish resto he pointed out ended up being the best meal of our trip! Our room at HOTS was very comfortable, and we found the DVD player particularly nice! Overall, the entire staff was friendly and made our visit so enjoyable. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7