Hostel of the Sun Reviews

Via Melisurgo 15, Naples, Italy

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at! The staff are so helpful and fun, it's in a pretty good spot to get to everything, everything was clean and the people were lovely! A great place to meet people, have fun, explore AND to relax! I'll be back!

Great staff, good free breakfast and fast internet! We were there for a stopover before hitting sorrento and the staff were lovely and pointed out some great things for us to do. Location is go the port which is slightly out of the way but much nicer than the city centre

The staff at this hostel are the nicest people I ever met at any hotel. Everybody is so friendly and helpful it is amazing. Keep up the great work!!!

The staff was so nice. They told us everything about the city..the best pizza..the best beach..best places to visit. They even helped me book my next hostel in ischia! They went above and beyond!! They're the best! Valerio is an awesome guy. The hostel has an awesome vibe! Definitely recommend it!

Unfortunately I lost my favorite T-shirt there. Moreover, the common living-room is just close to bedrooms, which makes us hard to fall asleep. However, some of the staff are very kind.

Dear "friend", We really did our best to make your trip. We book tickets, make phonecalls, book taxis, cook for you, wash for you all the dishes you left around... And you punish us, giving such a low rating because YOU have lost your t shirt? I mean we can be responsible for the things in the lockers but not for the one you forget around. It's customers like you that makes this job harder and harder every day. it makes our effort useless, and our life i have to say a little more sad. xie xie. V

While this is probably the best hostel in Naples, it doesn't stand up to others in other cities with comparable ratings. The hostel was ultimately fine for what we needed but ideally you would just never visit Naples, then you don't need to find a place to stay. Seriously, this city is somehow Rome's dirtier inbred cousin. Just don't bother.

I definitely enjoyed my stay in this hostel! Very friendly, energetic, helpful staff made feel as if i am among friends whom i just havent seen for a while. Berry and Valerio, you are wonderful! Clean, safe place in brilliant location if you want to travel to islands, with nice breakfast - it was just what i needed during my stay in Naples. Guys, organisers of the hostel, you are doing a great job, thank you so much!

Most friendly and helpful staff on our trip so far. Would recommend to anyone. Thanks :) - Taylor n Matt

This is the best hostel in Naples! The rooms and bathrooms are clean and spacious (definitely important for a traveller). The staff are super friendly and helpful and will go out of their way to make sure your time in Naples is memorable. The common area is great to chill out, meet new friends and to chat about your travel adventures. The bar area is cool with cocktails made to your taste. One of my favourite hostels. Enjoy!!!!

Excellent hostel, an incredible staff that helped us get the most out of our stay in Naples. I strongly recomend the tour to Capri.

bit noisy at night. but very good staff!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Really vibrant, cheerful place, the atmosphere was great. Also had really friendly and helpful staff!

- : the building where is situated the hostel make you feel a little unsafe, the building is quite degraded, you feel it especially when you arrive. The welcoming is at the 7 stage, with a lift (5cent). + : good welcoming : map of the city with advice, staff very attentive, adaptable, nice activities proposed by the hostel : prices are fitted (free walking tour, horse riding on Vesuve, capri tour (70e)..), good breakfast, a bar with cheap drinks, beds are comfortable

It's my second time to come to the hostel and nothing changes- everything is good. But the music in the morning is too loud which just became a morning call.(I'm sleeping in the room beside the reception) The staff are super nice and I really enjoy staying there.

Great hostel- has it's own bar with live jazz and possibly the strongest cocktails in Italy, a chef who comes in and cooks for the guests and trips arranged through the hostel (I really recommend the Capri boat tour- well worth the money). The staff are every bit as friendly as all of the reviews claim and the place was really popular with single travellers- a good place to meet people.

Every future hostel has been ruined for me because this one was just so great. Exceptional staff. Great Atmosphere. Amazing place to be. They help you with everything. Will definitely be back.

Hostel of the Sun is such a fun place to stay and i highly recommend it. Be sure to check out their website for tours, i did the kayaking tours through them and it was one of the coolest and most fun things i have ever done.

• 18th Jul 2014

Staff was really friendly, breakfast was really nice and it is convenient for all age groups(including families). Great value for money!

of the five hostels we stayed at this one was the best. Best staff. By a longshot the most helpful staff we've seen in all Europe. Do the horseback ride.

Staff was great and it was generally a decent atmosphere. But it's definitely not as good as the ratings make it seem. Out of the 15-20 hostels I've stayed in this would be towards the bottom of the list, especially for the money. Biggest issues... Internet was too slow for downloads. No AC. Lots of street noise at 6am. Key to the front door is huge. No shelf or power outlet near the bed. Lockers were flimsy at best. Staff truly was fantastic tho, so it wasn't a totally bad experience.

HI R. and thanks for you feedback.You are right, unfortunately when you came the room had no air.In august is hard to get them fixed in 1 day. I am sorryyou just stayed 1 night so you could not enjoy the rest of our hostel.just want to say one thing if possible. You don't travel to download movies or music but to enjoy the country. In southern italy key are big, but this has never been such an issue. Wehad outlet close to your bed, maybe you did not noticed it? 18 euros bed & dinner so bad?hugs

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6