Hostel of the Sun Reviews

Via Melisurgo 15, Naples, Italy

I wish there was an above 'excellent' rating for the staff of this hostel! They instantly made us feel welcome and at home, they anticipated our needs and questions and gave us such great recommendations that made our stay in Naples incredible! You must stay at this hostel - you will not regret it!!

My bro and I took a trip to try the pizza and see Sorrento. We arrived at night so we took a taxi given Naples' reputation. However, every other time out we walked around. We asked the desk to show us where the two popular pizza places were and she gave us a map to help with our trip to Sorrento. The bathrooms were fine (bring flip flops just in case you're picky). Towels were included and the breakfast was good (nutella sandwich, cereal, cheeses/meats, juice, coffee, fruit).

The staff was amazing! Very helpful and friendly- they even made us dinner one night. A little loud if you're early to bed but overall an excellent hostel.

great staff! helpful maps of points of interest.

Top hostel, was hard to leave.

Best staff! so helpful organised a group dinner to a great seafood Restaurant met plenty of people. Beds could of been better but great Hostel!!

Great atmosphere and huuuuuuge Nutella (5kg!!) at the breakfast!

• 8th Mar 2014

One of the most wonderful and friendly hostels I've been to in Italy. The staff made the atmosphere incredibly warm and were always more than willing to help in literally every single way. The rooms were clean and everything was routinely tended to. There was generally a bathroom jam in the mornings because there are so few to the amount of beds in the hostel. I would always stay here for a visit to Naples.

One of my favorite hostels I've been to! The staff here is absolutely amazing...they are SO helpful with everything and go out of there way to show how much they care about guests. The atmosphere of this place was great:) I'd go back in a heartbeat...so much of me didn't want to leave!! It's super close to the port and not far from the metro.

This place was so awesome. Honestly, as cool as Naples is, it's almost worth it just to stay here. Extremely friendly staff, awesome advice and recommendations, tons of great common space, good breakfast, and a quirky, fun environment. Stay here. You won't regret it.

Muy buen ambiente. Regresaría a quedarme ahí ( aunque no hay razón para regresar a Nápoles)

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Mexico

Amazing staff! Really made you feel comfortable and at home. The hostel has a very cozy atmosphere, very easy to meet other travellers. No hidden costs. The workers were very knowledgable and always had great recommendations in terms of activities, but most of all they were very friendly! They also organize alot of fun outings allowing you to experience an authentic italian experience. Barbara, Carla, Harriet, Ronnie and Valerio you guys are the best! We will send more canadians your way :)

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! The staff gave me precious advice (routes, transportation, food, etc) which helped me a lot.

The staff at Hostel of the Sun were so welcoming and helped plan day trips by checking train times, directing us on the map, and suggesting interesting sites. The rooms were very clean and colourful, and the location is perfect - right by the port, airport shuttle bus stop, and bus stop to take for trips towards pompeii and amalfi coast. My favourite hostel so far!

• 22nd Feb 2014

The hostel was clean and all the sevices worked well, but the best thing was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. We were only there two nights so it made a big difference to have people to offer clear and useful advice about all kinds of practcial arrangements. We went with our 11 and 13 year old children and would definitely stay at the Hostel of the Sun again and reccomend it to other families.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Couple, 41+

best hostel in italy!!

This is definitely a very good hostel - and it's the small things, which seem natural at the Hostel of the Sun, that make the difference. The beds are pretty comfortable, the breakfast beautifully arranged and tasty, everything is always clean and the staff - ha! - very professional, helpful and friendly - just to mention a few things. I really enjoyed my stay. Good luck for the future!

• 15th Feb 2014

The directions were super good getting there! Right when you walk in the staff greeted you and made you feel right at home! Atmosphere was amazing, we had a family supper together. The wifi was excellent. Such a good way to meet people. I would recommend for sure and thanks so much for your great hospitality! Such a good hang out area as well if you're looking to meet people! Good showers and cooking facilities!

This hostel was great. breakfast was awesome I want to go back just for the yogurt. Good common area and kitchen. cool little bar. Staff super friendly. location close to super market and close to ocean. easy to check out the city from here. I cannot recommend d this place enough.

Good location, right near the port. Very clean and well kept. Accommodating staff.

• 31st Jan 2014