Hostel of the Sun Reviews

Via Melisurgo 15, Naples, Italy

Lovely atmosphere, helpful and friendly staff. This is the place to stay in Naples!

Lift broke down on day there so it was a full 7 stories climb to get to the reception. Besides this, it was a good stay for us.

The Staff are excellent!! Not too much facilities but wifi is useful in the room.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

The hostel is great but the staff makes it excellent. Stayed 2 days more of what I expected and had a great time.

Staff was extremely helpful and kind...our stay here was pleasant even only for one night.

Everyone was just so friendly. The rooms were very basic, but clean. The bathrooms were so modern and nice, and the cooking facilities, were great too. The staff literally did everything they could to make us feel welcome and help us in any way. Each morning we were there a different staff member brought in their dog to work with them, and that definitely made my day, because I love animals! Take the staffs recommendations on where to visit, because they know what they're talking about!

We stayed only for one night but Hostel of the Sun was great. They have a great location, close to the sites and close to the bus stop (if you are going to the train station or airport). Upon check-in Barbara gave us a map and explained where the important things to see were in Naples. The rooms are clean and have an AC in each. They have a bar and big common room, fast internet in all rooms.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Great breakfasts. Clean rooms, comfy beds. Decent self cater kitchen. Good location for old and new quarters. Excellent value for money.

I liked the staff, and bathrooms and dorms were clean. Spacious lockers. The only downfall was that there were signs saying that we shouldn't shower after midnight as to not disturb those who were sleeping. Naples is really humid, it would have been nice to not have to worry about that.

Amazing Hostel! Very helpful staff!

• 9th Jun 2014

The location was great. Staff friendly. It was a really busy hostel when I was there. There are always people coming and going when you're at the reception. Nice place to sit in the lounge. Also has a bar on site. Good restaurants just downstairs. The entrance seems a bit sketchy but once you know you're heading the right way you're fine. Direct bus to the airport just 100 ms in front of the hostel.

Perfect staff!!

I had a very nice stay and felt very welcome here! The staff and people are incredible and the city is one of the most beautiful I've ever been to. I will definitely come back some day. 1000% recommended.

I had an amazing time in Naples and most of it was because of hostel of the Sun. By far was the best hostel I have been in Italy. I have only thumbs up for it. What I love about it is how friendly and warm were the staff (specially Valerio) and the fact it is located close to everything. They had a longboard free for guests use, which I indeed used and made some epic pictures. Surfing through the seaside road along Castel del'Uovo was an amazing experience.

The staff here are so friendly, welcoming and helpful. They explained the area to us as soon as we arrived and have us advice and tips on how to get to Capri, Pompeii and the amalfi coast. Restaurant tips also came with this which is always helpful. The vibe of the hostel is great also, you feel comfortable to just relax and have a beer or cook your own dinner, which was great for us as backpackers on a budget. Highly recommend this place!!!

Wonderful place, so "Naples"!! Great location, facilities are available and clean! The staff that we dealt with put the finishing touch on this place! Berry, Valerio and Harriet were more than accommodating, with great tips and information on Naples. Super people at a super place!

Great hostel! Really friendly and welcoming staff that sit down with you on arrival and mark up a map for you telling you how to get everywhere you want to go. A nice clean and relaxing common area, the breakfast is good, and the bar is a fun place to meet people.

Kind of a strange location. Lobby is on the 7th floor and the elevator is tiny and kind of sketchy. Very friendly staff and overall good experience.

HI A. and thank you for your feedback. I think the strangest thing of our location is that receptioni is upstairs, and rooms are downstairs. Usually hostels has reception at the ground floor and rooms more up. I mean it changes so much to take the lift and go up instead than down? then of course we are at the center, in fron of the port for the islands... Hugs, and hope to see you next time. Valerio.

Great atmosphere and amazing staff... the only disadvantage is that bathrooms are not in very good conditions.

The staff is great, kind and helpful.