Hostel of the Sun Reviews

Via Melisurgo 15, Naples, Campania, Italy

Very nice hostel. Staff was extremely friendly and willing to chat and give all the local spots. Seriously try Di Matteo, nunella, Brandi. Eat lots of pizza, eat pastries.They cook an Italian dinner for you on Sun/Tues of pasta and homemade tomato sauce but usually rotates. Space was okay in the rooms but easy to love around. Can be hot so don't be afraid to turn on air. Breakfast was yogurt, milk, coffee tea, peanut butter, Nutella, bread, salame, cereal, OJ. Paid 21 euro for 6 bed

Great hostel in a perfect location just near the wharf and in the safest part of Naples! Staff were amazing - went out of their way to accommodate us and the owner Lucca (not sure on spelling) went above and beyond to make our experience enjoyable after a few minor hiccups. Great atmosphere, very clean and there was always someone about to help you with anything you needed 24/7. Big shout out to the great staff and we would definitely stay here again next time we are Napoli!

Thank you very much for a great stay.

• 1st Nov 2013

Incredibly friendly staff, great atmosphere. The BEST hostel in Italy!

• 31st Oct 2013

When you read the reviews and think it can't be that good. And then you stay here and...yes it's that good. The Best staff. I have friends going to Naples an have already told them they have to stay here.

• 30th Oct 2013

Great location, great atmosphere, better staff. I really enjoyed my stay here the staff was amazing and did anything they could to help. The get the hostile together to go out and show the guest a great time. Great common area to meet people and just relax. 100% would recommend.

Amazing staff who really try to create a friendly and sociable atmosphere. Great location with easy access to airport and train station. Had free breakfast as well as pasta dinner! Such great value for money.

Pretty standard hostel in terms of facilities but what really stands out is the staff. Best staffed hostel I've been to. It was like 'Cheers' where everyone knew my name, even staff I hadn't meet yet. It was odd at first but really made me feel at home. And they took an interest in my plans and gave such great advice. Great atmosphere. They had a pasta night and a pizza night during my stay. Loved this place.

Great time and some great people. Really sociable and great location. They love drinking in a square in Naples ! Chris

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Wales

Staff extremely friendly and helpful!!

This is such a great place to stay to really experience all that Naples has to offer. The staff are knowledgable and passionate to make sure you have an awesome time in Naples and the surrounding area (including Pompeii and Versuvius). I highly recommend staying here and make sure you get involved in whatever social events are on offer, such as the 'pizza experience'.

• 23rd Oct 2013

Slightly run-down building but fantastic hostel once you get inside. Really friendly and helpful staff. I wish I'd stayed more than one night!

• 23rd Oct 2013

Awesome hostel with really friendly and helpful staff. The room are clean. Free breakfast. For what you pay you get MORE!! A particular thanks to CARLA the best receptionist ever. I had a vary pleasant stay.

• 21st Oct 2013

Best staff I've ever met at a hostel - they and some fellow travellers made my stay in Napoli one of the best I had in Italy. I only stayed 2 nights and I wish I could have extended it. Go on the free walking tour!

• 20th Oct 2013

Was one of the best hostels i stayed in while on my trip. Everyone says the neighborhoods of Naples are sketchy and they to a degree but the staff more than make you feel safe and at home. the new walking tour was a good insight to the city and the bar keeper, ronnie took a bunch of us to one of the best local restaurants in Naples and helped us order in Italian. He then guided us back to the hostel and mixed cocktails for us all night. Will easily be my first stop when i return to italy.

My favorite hostel in Italy. Friendliest staff of anywhere I have been. Organized great activities for guests during the days. Always helpful. Enjoyed so much that I changed my travel plans to return at the end of my trip for a few more nights.

I absolutely loved this hostel. The staff made sure you felt comfortable and welcome. It was almost as if you were walking into their home, they were so kind. We had many great recommendations from staff members on where to eat. I would go back there and stay again in a heartbeat. It was one of our favorite parts of our trip.

I booked a night here because my flight got changed by the airline and couldn't make the ferry. I requested an ensuite room (private bathrooom) and got a room with a bathroom down the hall. Upon arriving, I went to the bar for a glass of red wine and was told it was all gone. Hello, this is Italy! The breakfast was one of the lamest hostel spreads I have ever experienced. Imagine plastic wrapped process cheese slices, dry, sliced preservative filled bread, no fresh juice, no decent coffe

Loved hostel of the sun. They treat you like family and give you the best advice on places to go for food. Wished we could of stayed longer. Best place, you have to stay here.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »