Hostel of the Sun Reviews

Via Melisurgo 15, Naples, Italy

The staff were Incredibly friendly and helpful and I really had fun going out with on the first night. They offered some activities which were a bit pricey but still cheaper than other tours, only problem was the boat trip to Capri left from Sorrento! So getting there In time was a problem. Overall though, it was a good stay. If you want to visit Naples and surrounding towns I'd recommend this hostel.

The staff are so friendly, the place is spotless, and the atmosphere is amazing! I was only here for one night but I wish I could have stayed longer! I 100% recommend staying here if you're visiting Naples!

• 6th Jun 2015

Great hostel ! Lovely atmosphere, nice travellers and great decorations. The staff is friendly and helpful, they know all the good tips in Naples. Felt at home. :) Oh and prepare a 5 cent coin to pay for the lift ! (but the staff provides free 5 cent coins, don't worry ^^)

Absolutely loved staying here. Staff were amazing and could recommend a whole variety of things to do, where to go and where to get. Even though rooms were full it never felt crowded and you could always find someone to natter to.

i only booked the SUN for 2 days, but i stayed more the 1 week. The girls at reception are welcoming you on a so positive way that i felled at home in 10 secs. The free dinner evening is awesome dont mis that. I would say special thanks 2 Sabrina, Marika, Claire, the turkish girl ( i forgot her name ) Luca and the cleaning staff for a wonderfull start of my vacation. Good hint 2 do: Go to the beach party but dont go on wednesday when you HATE reggaeton :) If you want a great Hostelgo2the SUN

• 3rd Jun 2015

stay here!! one of the best hostels I've stayed in. the people who work there are so helpful and friendly. it's a bit far from the airport but close to the train station and everything else. I absolutely loved my stay here.

Good location and nice staff. Good atmosphere, met nice people - Breakfast included is a plus Had to change bathrooms half way my shower once at the 2nd floor as hot water run out - not sure if it was a one off or I was unlucky. I forgot to mention to reception!

A difficult to find 7th floor of tower block which has an elevator which costs €0.10 each time. Incorrect directions made it hard to find - but once there we had a great introduction to Naples at check-in with some great local tips. Only there for one night - we had a great time in Naples and the hostel was good. Good wifi, breakfast ok and rooms are fine - nothing to shout about though.

Staff were so nice and welcoming and excellent with recommending things to do and directions. The hostel was really clean and well looked after. The free breakfast was really good and it was nice they offered free dinner twice a week and put up different events to attend on the blackboard, the walking tour is excellent and gives you a really good idea of what's around.

• 1st Jun 2015

Great base for travelling and lots of helpful advice from staff. We were given a map and lots of recommendations for food, sites and things to do and advice on public transport. Great room and breakfast in the morning. Overall, perfect fpr what we wanted!

• 31st May 2015

The welcome we received at this hostel was excellent. We were reccomended places to go, things to see, restaurants and bars within our first 15 minutes, all with a colour coded map, so handy. The staff were super friendly and knowledgable and one of my favourite activities was having a home cooked meal at Sabrinas family home, such a lovely way to spend an evening. Naples surprised me, it's a great gateway to Pompeii, Sorrento etc but don't overlook the city, go on the walking tour, it's fab!

Everyone at the Hostel were amazing, from the moment you enter the vibe was just how it should be. I can't speak highly enough about this place.

• 29th May 2015

I loooved this hostel. Reception was so helpful and went out of their way for me to make sure I could do the horseback ride on Vesuvius. Great location, common areas and vibe.

seriously best ever!!!

Simply the best hostel of my life, Everything is amazing: the staff, the rooms, the social areas, and the bathrooms - something really important in my opinion. The location is just perfect, really close to a metro station and to one of the main touristic spots of Naples. Just remember to carry 5 cents coins in your pocket for the lift, but once you're inside the hostel you'll be more than fine. The breakfast is really generous and sometimes they offer free dinner!

Biggest plus for us were the lovely staff who could not be more helpful but in a very relaxed and friendly manner.

• 25th May 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This was definitely one of the best Hostels I have ever stayed in, it is on the 7th floor of the building, but it was totally worth it. The staff are wonderful, and the atmosphere is great as well! They recommended some great things to do in the city and were sooooo helpful and kind. I would stay here again in a heartbeat - my only regret is not staying longer!

Overall, it was a great hostel to stay at. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the owners made extra efforts (ie free pasta dinners) for an enjoyable stay.

Great vibe in this hostel, easy to meet likeminded travellers in the communal areas. The staff are also great and bring everyone together. The bedrooms are basic and clean - not special but everything you need.

Liked: very friendly staff, received a free map at arrival and every possible advice to enjoy the city and its area, comfortable common areas, very nice atmosphere, included breakfast, free dinner! Best hostel of my Italian trip!