Hostel of the Sun Reviews

Via Melisurgo 15, Naples, Italy

I definitely enjoyed my stay in this hostel! Very friendly, energetic, helpful staff made feel as if i am among friends whom i just havent seen for a while. Berry and Valerio, you are wonderful! Clean, safe place in brilliant location if you want to travel to islands, with nice breakfast - it was just what i needed during my stay in Naples. Guys, organisers of the hostel, you are doing a great job, thank you so much!

Most friendly and helpful staff on our trip so far. Would recommend to anyone. Thanks :) - Taylor n Matt

This is the best hostel in Naples! The rooms and bathrooms are clean and spacious (definitely important for a traveller). The staff are super friendly and helpful and will go out of their way to make sure your time in Naples is memorable. The common area is great to chill out, meet new friends and to chat about your travel adventures. The bar area is cool with cocktails made to your taste. One of my favourite hostels. Enjoy!!!!

Excellent hostel, an incredible staff that helped us get the most out of our stay in Naples. I strongly recomend the tour to Capri.

bit noisy at night. but very good staff!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Really vibrant, cheerful place, the atmosphere was great. Also had really friendly and helpful staff!

- : the building where is situated the hostel make you feel a little unsafe, the building is quite degraded, you feel it especially when you arrive. The welcoming is at the 7 stage, with a lift (5cent). + : good welcoming : map of the city with advice, staff very attentive, adaptable, nice activities proposed by the hostel : prices are fitted (free walking tour, horse riding on Vesuve, capri tour (70e)..), good breakfast, a bar with cheap drinks, beds are comfortable

It's my second time to come to the hostel and nothing changes- everything is good. But the music in the morning is too loud which just became a morning call.(I'm sleeping in the room beside the reception) The staff are super nice and I really enjoy staying there.

Great hostel- has it's own bar with live jazz and possibly the strongest cocktails in Italy, a chef who comes in and cooks for the guests and trips arranged through the hostel (I really recommend the Capri boat tour- well worth the money). The staff are every bit as friendly as all of the reviews claim and the place was really popular with single travellers- a good place to meet people.

Every future hostel has been ruined for me because this one was just so great. Exceptional staff. Great Atmosphere. Amazing place to be. They help you with everything. Will definitely be back.

Hostel of the Sun is such a fun place to stay and i highly recommend it. Be sure to check out their website for tours, i did the kayaking tours through them and it was one of the coolest and most fun things i have ever done.

• 18th Jul 2014

Staff was really friendly, breakfast was really nice and it is convenient for all age groups(including families). Great value for money!

of the five hostels we stayed at this one was the best. Best staff. By a longshot the most helpful staff we've seen in all Europe. Do the horseback ride.

Staff was great and it was generally a decent atmosphere. But it's definitely not as good as the ratings make it seem. Out of the 15-20 hostels I've stayed in this would be towards the bottom of the list, especially for the money. Biggest issues... Internet was too slow for downloads. No AC. Lots of street noise at 6am. Key to the front door is huge. No shelf or power outlet near the bed. Lockers were flimsy at best. Staff truly was fantastic tho, so it wasn't a totally bad experience.

HI R. and thanks for you feedback.You are right, unfortunately when you came the room had no air.In august is hard to get them fixed in 1 day. I am sorryyou just stayed 1 night so you could not enjoy the rest of our hostel.just want to say one thing if possible. You don't travel to download movies or music but to enjoy the country. In southern italy key are big, but this has never been such an issue. Wehad outlet close to your bed, maybe you did not noticed it? 18 euros bed & dinner so bad?hugs

Great hostel, staff were really friendly and helpful! Stayed in a 3 bed private shared bathroom and they provided towels. Nothing bad to say about the place.

Super helpful staff and great atmosphere. If you're in Napoli definitely stay here!

Not a single complaint about Hostel of the Sun. Great staff, great atmosphere, common area to meet folks, they had a guitar for folks to use, easy access to transit to the airport, train station, metro and transit hub for the busses. Nothing fancy and just what a hostel should be in my opinion. I love this place! If they only had a swimmin' hole. We had a private room and it worked out perfect with our young baby. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Naopli.

Without exception every person working there was friendly. They went out of their way to solve a problem I had with a booking at another hostel. Found out information on bus services to and from Matera. The enthusiasm and knowledge shown about Naples and surrounds was wonderful. Thank you for enhancing an already magical trip to Italy

I stayed at Hostel of the Sun for a few nights. It was clean and easy. Staff were helpful and nice. The security was really tight so no worries about that!

I've stayed in many hostels all over the world. This one is pretty darn good on the points that matter most (cleanliness, helpfulness, etc.). The location is very central for sightseeing, though at night it's a bit away from the places you're likely to hang out (though not too far). The fact that the hostel is located in a commercial building in a neighborhood that's pretty dead at night isn't ideal. I suppose the other positive qualities make up for that, though.