Hostel of the Sun Reviews

Via Melisurgo 15, Naples, Italy

Fun place with all of the extras you would expect from a great hostel (a bar, maps and connection with a free walking tour, organized activities fun staff etc)

This is such a great hostel to stay at! Staff was super friendly and helpful and give you all the information you need about Napoli or to do one of the day trips. Facilities were good - nice, comfy beds, medium-sized lockers, 3 bathrooms + toilets on the floor, a bar with cheap drinks, two computers and some days they organise free dinners. Location is pretty good to explore the city as it is close to all major attractions. Great place to chill out, have a beer and meet other travellers!

Comfortable place and within walking distance to all the main sites, metro Universita and ferry point.

Such a nice, friendly, welcoming staff. One of the best I've had on my travels around the world. Great atmosphere. Wish I could've stayed longer. Anyone on the edge about staying in Naples- if you stay here you will enjoy it SO much more. Oh and the breakfast is delizioso ;)

A very nice place, not the high end hostal you'd expect but very clean and the staff was awesome. Also the atmosphere is great to meet people or just to hang out by yourself.

Spotlessly clean, helpful staff, great breakfasts! Good communal area so easy to meet people- I would definitely recommend a stay here.

Everything was perfect. Fabulous free breakfast!

• 21st Apr 2015

Nice place! Got a free pasta dinner one night. Staff seemed pretty cool :) great atmosphere. I replay enjoyed the music that was always playing during the day, but it could be a bother to some people that are trying to have a nap in the day. Location isn't too bad. If recommend it if you want to meet people!

Best. Hostel. Ever. I can't say enough about the great experience I had here. A good hostel stay starts with the staff, and these folks are the best I've encountered out of 20 hostels I've stayed in. Clara, Marga, Luca and Mariska (I hope I got your names right, there was some drinking involved haha) are the BEST!! So helpful, incredibly friendly. As soon as you arrive they treat you as if you've been friends for 100 years. I made friends here that will last a lifetime. Stay here! Cheers, Brian

Friendly staff, and great atmosphere. The only questionable thing was that the dorm room doors don't lock, so you have to have everything in a locker if you are concerned about safety.

This was a fun hostel. They help to arrange horseback riding trips up Vesuvius for a fair price. It's in a good location. Be sure to take part in the free walking tour.

Great location - in walking distance of some of the best places to visit in Naples and the staff were helpful for food recommendations, sights, etc. as well. The beds were comfortable and clean, the breakfast was free (!) and the common space was pretty good. Be warned that the hostel is on the 7th floor and you'll need to bring change for the elevator (just a 5c coin, but still). Also there are only a few bathrooms/showers for the shared dorms so you might be waiting a bit :)

We had a great stay here, the hostel was fantastic and the staff were very helpful and knowledgeable, and really friendly. The hostel has a really good lay-out and atmosphere that seemed to encourage people to interact with each other. I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay.

I really enjoyed my stay at Hostel of the Sun. Staff were extremely friendly, helpful and fun to talk to with lots of laughs plus they made me feel welcome as soon as I walked in the door so that was a nice feeling. I must admit I was fearing this was a wild party hostel but it's very chilled out and somewhere you can meet other travellers no problem. The kitchen was in excellent use for dinners and breakfast was delicious. If I ever return to Napoli I will definitely stay again for sure.

Great hostel. Great location. Really friendly staff and they provided free dinner one of the nights I was there. Lockers were a little flimsy and there weren't quite enough showers. But would definitely stay again. Staff were really knowledgeable about the area and the hostel had a great vibe. Excellent breakfast.

I don't think I can find anything to complain about. The atmosphere is unbeatable. You can't find that anywhere else in Naples. The staff cooks free dinner on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that was a pleasant surprise. If not - they can order pizza for you! They also printed out my boarding passes for free. Beds were clean, breakfast was good, and the location was great. Right next to the ferry port. They give you lockers with locks so that was a plus as well!

the staff are really lovely and welcoming, nice rooms, but some are located near the living area and it could get really noisy, however this is ok and only a minor inconvenience everything else was great. also someone made my bed for me, that was so nice to come back to and i didnt expect it!, thank you it was thoughtful

Loved it here. The staff, free food and the atmosphere. Everyone there was super nice and friendly. I love my check-in. I felt like a friend and not a customer. Would totally stay again!

This hostel had a very welcoming staff! I felt right at home and was only disappointed I didn´t spend more time here. They had a lot of unique activies and trips which was a definite plus for me!

It was a short but wonderful stay, i have no complains just compliments. The employs were very cheerful and attentive to every need we had. Loved the stay!