Hostel of the Sun Reviews

Via Melisurgo 15, Naples, Italy

From the time I entered the door until I left the next day, the whole crew here are amazing. They truly showed me the expressive and beautiful nature of southern Italians. Their advice on what to do in one day (even though I must go back for longer), the people I stayed there with and the general atmosphere was incredible. This was my last stop on my trip around Italy and it was the perfect way to say goodbye and to make me want to come back!! Thank you all!!

Staff were amazing. Very friendly and provided great advice on request. They provided dinner on the first night in which I arrived and it tasted absolutely fantastic.

Nice hostel. A great experience was being lucky to be there on a free diner (pasta) night and having a great penne cooked by Francesco. A small but cozy place. Would stay again.

I stayed in Hostel of the Sun for two nights. I have several questions about Naples and surrounding towns before my trip, and the staff have been very helpful in answering my questions. They have a lot of activities which are really nice, but it just didn’t fit my schedule. I suggest that you check their website for the hostel planned activities and other suggestion if you want to do it on your own. The location is really good. It is near the port, and I felt secured.

This hostel made our trip in Naples! Wonderful staff with great opportunities in and near the city. The boat tour in Capri was a fun experience but not as thrilling as it is marketed, but if you are willing to spend the money go for it! The walking tour was a great way to see the city and hear about the beauty of Naples from a local's point of view. Wish we could of stayed longer!

Great little hostel with an amazing team! Friendly welcome and great orientation of city and sights on map. Offered a cold glass of water upon arrival which was lovely as it was super hot! Hostel reception is located 7 floors up and elevator costs 5c -bowl at reception has plenty of coins for you to use, nice touch! Facilities and rooms are good, great atmosphere in hostel and easy to meet others. Cheap beers and reception will even order you a pizza delivery! Highly recommend, would stay again!

Really enjoyed this hostel. It was very social and a great place to meet other travellers. The staff was great and helpful in planning things to do while in Naples. They offer daily activities too which was nice. The location was really good. There was a lot to see close by.

This was a nice place, lots of character. Free breakfast were a plus but unfortunately I wasn't there for any of the nights they offered free dinners. Some of the staff members were a lot more helpful then others, felt like I had to ask a lot of questions just for basic information about Naples and the hostel, like where to get good Pizza.

We had a great stay! The dorms were clean and they had lockers which is always a plus. Breakfast is included and was good. The staff was great and gave the place a very homey vibe. The location was right next to the ferry ports which was great because we took a day trip to Capri. Overall we had a great time!

Amazing hostel, as soon as you walk in you are made to feel right at home. You are immediately shown exactly where to go and what to do for your stay should you need advice, and the staff are always friendly and willing to help you out. Close to metro station and the port so you are able to get anywhere really quickly and can access Naples, Amalfi Coast and Islands close by (Ischia, Capri) so easily. Thanks team it was amazing. Bambina!

Hostel of the sun didn't feel like a hostel, it feels like you were staying at your best friends house, who would clean your room for you daily and occasionally cook for you for free! Hostel of the sun stands out with its exceptional hospitality from the very moment you enter its doors, up until you must regretfully depart. I commend the staff on their on constant friendly and helpful attitudes. The small bar and common areas are also great for mingling and, meeting other travellers.

Staying at this hostel made our holiday.

• 20th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff was very helpful and friendly. There is a bar and lounge right inside the hostel, so it was very easy to meet new people. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anybody traveling to Naples.

Very cool hostel, great vibe and nice bar.

Staff was friendly and helpful , easy to meet and know new people, it's nice place for staying in Napoli.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! We were greeted by Lucca, very funny and warm. They provided us with more information than we thought we needed on the area, what to do, and where to eat. They made us feel at home. Welcomed with a cold glass of water and a nice cleaned room. Everything was always spotlessly clean. Common room areas were very comfortable and fun to be in! Breakfast included was delicious as well. Our stay here made our visit in Naples 100% better. We will be back !!

The staff pleases to aim, but sometimes they pretend to be a bit more knowledgeable than they are. There directions make it seem like an easy trek and when you finally do it, you're so lost you want to cry. A little patience for those less experiences travellers would be nice! The laundry was a great surprise and the 24hour check in is always a bonus!

Luca & his staff were awesome! They gave the hostel a really good friendly vibe! Nicest hostel staff I've EVER come across! The location was easy to find because they gave excellent directions to get there & the location was fantastic! I would TOTALLY recommend this hostel!

Staff made this trip great! They are loud and familial, get to know them! Have drinks there, its a great group.

All I have to say this hostel is the best hostel in Italy. The owner of the hostel and other staff are very helpful and friendly. Especially Mrs. Mola (Berrak Mola) is the best :) If I visit Naples again, I will definitelly stay this hostel.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »