Hostel of the Sun Reviews

Via Melisurgo 15, Naples, Italy

Rooms were spacious as were the bathrooms. Lockers provided. The reception is on the 7th floor, but my room was on the 2nd, which seems to be the norm in Italy.

This was a great hostel. Finding it was not too difficult even though it is a little tucked away. It is up a ton of stairs, but there is an elevator that is very useful if you choose. Don't be lazy, get a workout and take the stairs. The staff is great and are very fun to talk to. They are very informative and know all the places to go. There is a bar and small balcony which are great as well. The bathrooms are very large and spacious. The bathroom could have been a little cleaner, only thing.

Staff were very friendly, welcomming.and helpful. They were always available at the front desk and made the process of changing our booking really easy.

This hostel is by far the best part of Naples, and alone worth the visit. I extended my stay 2 nights just to hangout here and could have stayed longer. Comfortable beds, good hangout space, kitchen and washrooms, as well as a bar. But the best part of this place really are the girls working here (Sabrina, kayle and Marica). They are amazing and create the best environment. I can't say enough good things about them. And wow do they have to put up with allot! If ever in naples stay here.

Very good hostel; good location, save, clean, nice little bar, but especially a great atmosphere. Thanks a lot Kylie, Marika and Sabrina! XX The Belgian Guys

The location was good it was walking distance to mostly everything. The staff were informative on where to go and had tips on the city. Breakfast was basic and the free dinner was a nice treat. Our bedroom was okay, we found it stuff in the room but cold in the hostel. The bathrooms were clean and quiet big. WARNING the stairs are quiet the climb and the elevator is definitely worth the 5 cents. Overall a good stay in Hostel of the Sun.

Great staff, the three crazy lovely girls on the desk look after you the whole way through. Napoli rocks.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Great hostel, awesome staff, and wonderful location. There's really no point in booking anywhere other than this wonderful establishment.

I stayed private room which was really good. Especially bath and toılet so clean. Staff was friendly, helpfull people. Location is very central.

would stay there again

• 28th Feb 2015

The staff was very friendly and sat down with me when I arrived (very late!) to show me the best spots to visit and explain how to take the ferry, train, metro, etc. The beds were a little uncomfortable but after a long day touring it doesn't matter anyway! The bathrooms were fairly clean and they ask that you please contact the desk if you find otherwise. Towels were not included but they do provide a decent breakfast with yogurt, fruit, and toast. I recommend the coffee down the street!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. During my journey they helped me with every problem I had.

The feeling was very warm and cosy, with young people from all around the world you will never feel lonely there even if you travel alone, when we stayed there the weather was rainy so we stayed in more than the usual but it was still was a blast! even though the price is a little bit expensive you pay for a good company, a good breakfast and even dinner sometimes,

Excellent staff, very inviting and informative. Always someone to go out on the town with. Highly recommended, especially with this being my first hostel experience. It will be hard to compare this to other hostels since I had such a great time. Definitely a first choice if I ever return to Napoli.

• 22nd Feb 2015

We spent 5 nights at the Hostel of the Sun in Feb whilst looking for permanent accommodation in Naples (we're British Erasmus students studying here for the second half of our year abroad). I can't fault our time at the hostel - it was always clean and the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and give us advice on Naples. There is constantly a lively atmosphere and it was great having the opportunity to meet a variety of people in our brief time. Would definitely recommend it!! :)

• 19th Feb 2015

This hostel definitely had really good vibes. The staff was awesome, the people staying here were awesome and the place itself was very conducive to meeting other travelers. It broke our heart to only have had one night in this place.

Loved this hostel, espically the very friendly and informative staff! They made sure we got to go see everything we wanted to in the short time we were in Naples.

Excellent staff-very welcoming! This hostel got recommended to me by friends and they were also very impressed with it! The staff are so friendly and really go out of their way for you and I would definitely come back to Naples just for this hostel! Although the communal toilets could do with a clean! :)

The staff was very friendly and the hostel had a very warm atmosphere. At least two families were currently in residence, which could make things a bit awkward, but as they were lovely people, it was not a problem. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Naples.

The best things about this hostel were the location, the friendly staff and the buffet breakfast. The worst thing about this hostel was the wifi, which was very unstable, and sometimes didn't worked at all. We stayed in a double private with shared bathroom, everything was very clean but one of the bathrooms was really cold, so the showers were kind of unpleasant. Overall its a good hostel for the price you pay.