Hostel on 3rd Reviews

542 3rd Avenue, San Diego, USA

I was very satisfied with my stay at Hostel on 3rd. It was clean, very well run. Staff couldn't have been any more helpful with great recommendations of places to eat drink and great location for getting around the city. Can't say enough how great they made my stay. Public transportation is very easy to get to from the Hostel. Bottom line, if you stay here, you won't regret it. I will come again , LOVE this place.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Serbia

Awesome stay! , awesome staff , yummy pancakes , everything was excellent and for the location + money! Keep doing what your doing.

• 15th Apr 2014

This hostel has to rank with the best hostels I have stayed in. Friendly, courteous, clean, safe and a great price. Great place to stay in San Diego.

• 14th Apr 2014

Despite some bad reviews I read I can't understand why this hostel has a so low review rate. I spent only a night because I was in a rush but the place is well maintained and the owner is almost all the time. available to help and satisfy his hosts. The rooms are cleaned and tidy, kitchen big and well equipped and breakfast in the morning is in the average!

Great place to stay in downtown San Diego.

It was an okay place to stay and the area was full of great places to eat etc.

The location of this hostel is a sell off point . What made my stay memorable was the staff. The service rendered whether to make your stay more comfortable, provide you with touristic advice, or enjoy each others company at the start or end of the day. Thank you Hostel on 3rd you made my memories of San Diego.

-DONT STAY HERE unless the other major chain hostels are full!!! There is no value for money, they charge fees for everything!!!! -Fees to hire towels $2. -Fees for using credit cards $1, $20 deposit when u check in & if you use a credit card, it will cost u $2 to get it back, $1 to put it on the card & $1 to get it back! -To do washing $3, no washing powder provided, however then they claim you used to long cycle or hot water, now $5! -No power points in rooms! -Rice & hair in bed! -Filthy!

• 28th Mar 2014

According to my staff you had a great time drinking with them every night. After speaking with them, it seems that your unhappiness comes from the fact that you were approached trying to get free laundry.

A convenient and friendly place to stay. James was extremely helpful in making sure all my requests were met and Chris was equally helpful with all sorts of information and assistance. The kitchen rates as one of the best I've seen in hostels. The location is very handy to the Gaslamp district, sea front, super markets and theplaza as well as the trolley and buses. I can recommend highly.

I have sent my comments already. I had a good time, location was good. Hostel was very clean and people who worked there were very friendly. Lots of choices at breakfast and you can eat as much as you want. Only the blankets were not that good, the ,manager said all the nice blankets were taken by people, so they buy blankets that nobody would take.

• 8th Mar 2014
  • China

It's a really nice hostel! The manager, James is really nice and will like to help you solve your problem! And the environment is quite clear there!

Enjoyed our stay and James was very helpful.

• 8th Feb 2014

very good located near to the gas lamp quarter and the trolley line :-) many restaurants and bars are nearby

I had a fantastic stay at your hostel.

• 16th Jan 2014

If you're looking for a "home away from home", choose the Hostel on Third. They even provide some basic cooking supplies, if you chooses to do your own cooking (onions, garlic, potatoes, pasta, etc.).

• 15th Jan 2014

I booked for one night and I spent more nights because it was friently and walking distance to everything.

• 1st Jan 2014

It is a great place, with very nice people and safe. I recommend.

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Chile

no internet working in the rooms, no proper cover for bed, broken shower

Hostel on 3rd was a great place to stay. Staff was super nice, the kitchen was huge (and clean), and the pancakes for breakfast delicious. One small minus: 2 of 4 showers were broken which was tedious since the hostel was booked.

• 7th Nov 2013