7.8
Very Good 492 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 492 Total Reviews
Hostel on 3rd Located at 542 3rd Avenue, , San Diego.
USA
San Diego California CA/92101 542 3rd Avenue
78% 492
32.7109326 -117.1619613
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 41+
25th Nov 2016
6.9

Overall, you get what you pay for. Positives: 1: Location (in downtown San Diego - Gaslamp district. 2: One of the showers is very nice and hot water stays hot. Negatives: 1: NO HEAT! Bedrooms were freezing this Thanksgiving holiday. Had to use 4 blankets. 2: Guess left their things in bathroom. 3. Guess we're fighting on first night, slamming doors. 4. Older building in mediocre condition. But for the money it will work for some people.

• Uruguay, Male, 31-40
11th Nov 2016
7.7

Great location, in downtown San Diego. Restrooms are ok, but not enough for everybody. A real breakfast would be great. Wifi was spotty and pretty slow. Air conditioning at the rooms is a basic need (San Diego is terribly hot, even in autumn).

• Jordan, Female, 25-30
11th Nov 2016
7.4

The staff and the service were excellent. however the smell of the place was awful. . I have just been back home and I have taken my stuff from my bag and I found that the smell of the hostel in my clothes. Also the brightness was very week. The atmosphere of the room was very depressing to me. however the social atmosphere in the hostel was amazing. And I think the lining of the bed was clean though I was disgusted from the blanket they gave to me and I preferred the cold nights over the blankt

• Romania, Female, 25-30
12th Oct 2016

It's a great location, staff is very helpful with tips on sighseeing. It's very nice that they offer free breakfast and also they have a nice, big lounge with free internet access and TV. Rooms are clean and decent for the value that you pay, but don't expect state of the art furniture. The best part is the people that you meet here which are awesome. I would definitely stay here again.

12th Oct 2016
8.0

Good value for money. Good location.

• Wales, All Male Group, 25-30
7th Oct 2016
8.0

Nice hostel with potential. Staff a bit weird and treated us like trouble makers straight away. Even tho we were a group of mature people.

• China, Female, 18-24
26th Sep 2016

GOOD MEMERY AT THIS HOTEL.THANK YOU .

23rd Sep 2016
7.4

second time staying there. excellent for location and price. not a party hostal. a couple of unresolved issues. wifi was poor, and this is san diego. rooms get hot. window fan did very little. check is late, 4pm. found out there are no permanent staff. it's the owner and others that work part time for a bed and breakfast. could explain some of the deficiencies.

• Mexico, Male, 41+
17th Sep 2016
4.9

location was excellent , check in, was long, gentleman in the reception insisted on payment and deposit in cash for the full stay (a lot of rules and warnings). The building itself is old but well taken care of, the kitchen and bathrooms are clean, beds and linens are old but OK. I needed to print out tickets (sunday morning), waited for an hour, finally talked to the cleaning lady (very nice and friendly), she found the receptionist lady who only mumbled "busy?" so we waited, we tried to ge

• USA, Female, 25-30
16th Sep 2016
2.3

Arrived at 4:05 PM-5 minutes after check in begins. When I arrived, the person working let me know that I could not yet be checked in because the manager wasn't there, and when he did arrive that I would be 5th in line. (What is your job if you can't check me in?) I checked in at 5:45PM. $5 charge every time your card is swiped. The hostel is loud and feels like a drug house. The curtain on my window fell down when I touched it. Dirty room & bathrooms. Not worth the $.