Hostel on 3rd Reviews

542 3rd Avenue, San Diego, USA

The Hostel is in a great location and it's pretty nice. There are several bathrooms and the room are pretty good and nto too noisy. The pancakes are not very good but ... it's not that important.

A wonderful place, very nice people in a very pleasant neighborhood.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Spain

To be honest, for the price I expected it to be a dive. It certainly wasn't - the beds were firm, the bathrooms were plentiful and always clean and the wifi was consistent. Great location - central, but slightly away from the street noise. Nice big common area. The owner was friendly. Downsides? The kitchen was too small (I had to eat breakfast on the stairs) and used as a noisy gathering place after the common room shut at midnight. Dorms are a little small and there are no reading lights.

Stayed in this hostel over 4th July weekend and it was great!! We made some amazing friends and the location was fab!! the hostel is definitely one of the cleanest I've stayed in and it had a full kitchen for if you wanted to eat in! I would highly recommend!!!

• 3rd Jul 2014

The staff were really friendly and helpful. And the rooms were nice. And there's a lovely free breakfast with DIY pancakes and maple syrup. However, security was a major issue - since one of the nights I was there, a random drunk person from the street gained access and started knocking on people's doors looking for his 'daughter'. I think if the hostel had a 24hr reception then this wouldn't happen.

I really enjoyed my stay. My "excellent" selection in all categories says all. Hostel on 3rd is a clear notch above a hostel I stayed at in San Francisco. Internet connectivity was hit or miss but was fast once connected. The staff was great for helping me and others with individual needs. Some rules were posted where necessary for the comfort of all. This hostel is perfectly located near public transportation, restaurants/night clubs and a 10 minute walk to Padres baseball stadium.

• 29th Jun 2014