Hostel on 3rd Reviews

542 3rd Avenue, San Diego, USA

I only stayed here a night but it was great. Very good downtown location. Free Breakfast too!

a good hostel but more for people looking to have a quiet time.

James and Amy were super friendly and most importantly, helpful. Would definitely recommend this place!

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

I wish I could leave a great review but honestly I was disappointed. The staff were trained to be friendly but didn't feel genuine friendliness there. They have lockers but you have to buy your own lock. It would be nice if they rented locks for a deposit instead of making you buy a lock that you are only going to use once. I arrived in the afternoon and went to my room. 1/2 hour later a group of drunk guys came in and caused a ruckus (2 of them were my roommates) Didn't feel safe during my stay

Very nice staff. Small kitchen became the gathering point late at night (since large common/game/tv room was in a separate entrance)and at times it got very loud for those sleeping. With just 2 working single restrooms (toilet, sink, shower) and another out of service for remodel, the one toilet only restroom was a good idea for those in a hurry. Wifi was getting repaired/upgraded but worked for me most of the time. All hostellers should carry ear plugs, eye mask and a small electric fan.

• 30th May 2014

Facilities are clean and new, and the services and attitude from staff are well appreciated.

I loved this hostel. It is by far one of the most social and welcoming hostels I've been to and the price is definitely right! The location is great for night life, and not too far from the beaches either. The rooms are clean and one of the showers is gigantic. < < < i think in general the atmosphere won me over, would recommend this place a thousand times over > > >

Staff was welcoming and accomodating. Loved the building itself and the proximity to the port/gas lamp section.

• 28th Apr 2014

Great place, excellent staff, great breakfast. Very good value for money. I will choose it again!

I was very satisfied with my stay at Hostel on 3rd. It was clean, very well run. Staff couldn't have been any more helpful with great recommendations of places to eat drink and great location for getting around the city. Can't say enough how great they made my stay. Public transportation is very easy to get to from the Hostel. Bottom line, if you stay here, you won't regret it. I will come again , LOVE this place.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Serbia

Awesome stay! , awesome staff , yummy pancakes , everything was excellent and for the location + money! Keep doing what your doing.

• 15th Apr 2014

This hostel has to rank with the best hostels I have stayed in. Friendly, courteous, clean, safe and a great price. Great place to stay in San Diego.

• 14th Apr 2014

Despite some bad reviews I read I can't understand why this hostel has a so low review rate. I spent only a night because I was in a rush but the place is well maintained and the owner is almost all the time. available to help and satisfy his hosts. The rooms are cleaned and tidy, kitchen big and well equipped and breakfast in the morning is in the average!

Great place to stay in downtown San Diego.

It was an okay place to stay and the area was full of great places to eat etc.

The location of this hostel is a sell off point . What made my stay memorable was the staff. The service rendered whether to make your stay more comfortable, provide you with touristic advice, or enjoy each others company at the start or end of the day. Thank you Hostel on 3rd you made my memories of San Diego.

-DONT STAY HERE unless the other major chain hostels are full!!! There is no value for money, they charge fees for everything!!!! -Fees to hire towels $2. -Fees for using credit cards $1, $20 deposit when u check in & if you use a credit card, it will cost u $2 to get it back, $1 to put it on the card & $1 to get it back! -To do washing $3, no washing powder provided, however then they claim you used to long cycle or hot water, now $5! -No power points in rooms! -Rice & hair in bed! -Filthy!

• 28th Mar 2014

According to my staff you had a great time drinking with them every night. After speaking with them, it seems that your unhappiness comes from the fact that you were approached trying to get free laundry.

1 2 Next » last »