Hostel on 3rd Reviews

542 3rd Avenue, San Diego, USA

I have sent my comments already. I had a good time, location was good. Hostel was very clean and people who worked there were very friendly. Lots of choices at breakfast and you can eat as much as you want. Only the blankets were not that good, the ,manager said all the nice blankets were taken by people, so they buy blankets that nobody would take.

• 8th Mar 2014
  • China

It's a really nice hostel! The manager, James is really nice and will like to help you solve your problem! And the environment is quite clear there!

Enjoyed our stay and James was very helpful.

very good located near to the gas lamp quarter and the trolley line :-) many restaurants and bars are nearby

I had a fantastic stay at your hostel.

• 16th Jan 2014

If you're looking for a "home away from home", choose the Hostel on Third. They even provide some basic cooking supplies, if you chooses to do your own cooking (onions, garlic, potatoes, pasta, etc.).

• 15th Jan 2014

I booked for one night and I spent more nights because it was friently and walking distance to everything.

• 1st Jan 2014

It is a great place, with very nice people and safe. I recommend.

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Chile

no internet working in the rooms, no proper cover for bed, broken shower

Hostel on 3rd was a great place to stay. Staff was super nice, the kitchen was huge (and clean), and the pancakes for breakfast delicious. One small minus: 2 of 4 showers were broken which was tedious since the hostel was booked.

• 7th Nov 2013

Excellent location with warm and friendly staff.

• 28th Sep 2013
  • Hong Kong

My brother and I had a great time at Hostel on 3rd! We had a really good priced twin private that was really clean, and in a great location. I will go back if I ever make it back to San Diego! Thanks!

• 19th Sep 2013

Very good, cheap, ... Hostel in the well known Gaslamp Quarter.

The location is great, the stuff very friendly and helpful, they have lot of bathrooms and they are clean. What I did not like it was too quiet there. No parties, no possibility to meet other people etc. so if you are looking for a clean, quiet place it's a very good choice. I was looking for a party hostel, so I would not stay there again.

Unfortunately, parties are held on the floor where all rooms are after 2am. If you are looking for a good party time def a good spot. Was very hard (and noisy) to get keys into door lock of rooms.

The Hostel was good. It was only bad to Park there.

• 15th Aug 2013

In a fairly good location as the Trolley was a short walk away which made it easy to get anywhere. Though it was my first time in a dorm room, I didn't always feel at ease leaving my belongings in the room with strangers. The only 'locker' available was for small items, and even that was down the hallway (which you needed to provide your own lock). The facilities were pretty much what you paid for, a little on the run down side with an eclectic collection of furniture.

You cannot beat the location of this hostel! Met some cool people there, the staff were nice too. I enjoyed my time there and would stay again if I'm back in SD

My four friends and I stayed in this hostel for 3 nights. It was by far one of the best hostels we have stayed in. The location is excellent it is located two blocks from 5th street which is the city centre and close to all shops and bars. The staff were very friendly and helpful especially the owner who was very kind and welcoming. Our rooms very always kept clean and tidy and there was a wash facility provided for three dollars which was ideal. Breakfast was also provided each morning.

• 6th Aug 2013

Myself and three friends stayed for a weekend and this hostel met our needs perfectly. Location was great if you want to be near Gaslamp Quarter, beds were comfortable, and bathrooms clean. The lounge area was pretty small but they had a large (though disconnected) lounge area downstairs. Only issue was parking since we drove to San Diego, but we were lucky enough to find metered spots right outside the hostel door and only ended up paying for 4 hours of parking the whole weekend.