Hostel on 3rd Reviews

542 3rd Avenue, San Diego, USA

very good hostwl with good staff and location。

I would highly recommend this hostel. Staff were excellent and catered for every need. Great value for money.

I enjoyed my stay at Hostel on 3rd immensely. Cool people, convenient location.

• 9th Jun 2013

Best staff i have come across at any hostel. James went out of his way to be helpful, even drawing us a map of san Diego to help us navigate around and then continuing to help us even after we had checked out and had no obligation to us. Worlds friendliest man without a doubt. Atmosphere amongst other guests was amazing, free pancakes at breakfast. Hugely recommended

• 8th Jun 2013

One of the best hostel experiences I've ever had. The staff proved themselves to be wonderful over & over again. I asked if they had a different room available with a bottom bunk free. I was rather embarrassed, but they were incredibly polite and provided a different room. There were a bunch of bathrooms, didn't have to wait for one once over 5 days. I left my headphones in the lobby and they had saved them for me. Facilities were clean, everyone was genuine and friendly. Thank you!

Stuff: not unfriednly but also not really friendly. At breakfast they just said when you were lucky "hello", not helpful: they didn't have city maps or can tell you things you should do - bad, when you just have a few days in a city and have to look for maps and all this stuff by yourself. Breakfast: cereals and do-it-yourself pancakes (they were good), but one small kitchen for all the people, a bit crowded... location really good, trolley stations close. BUT really loud over night!!!

BEST HOSTEL EVER!!! Whatever you need, you'll find it here! 15mins ride to the zoo, beach, and other attractions! Hostel is next to bars and party areas. Free Wifi. Very clean restrooms and showers. Will definitely return!

Nice place, nice staff and lots of facilities with plenty of space in rooms, common area and kitchen. The only slight negative I could see we're that the common area needed more lighting and a bit more TLC in terms of clearing out clutter and organisation. Excellent value hostel however with almost hotel standards in some aspects of its services etc.

Amazing! Thank you so much james and amy!

Super friendly, clean, and nice hostel! Great location and very worth the money! I would definitely stay here again if I am returning to San Diego!

• 24th May 2013
  • Sweden

Pros: Excellent location (close to grocery store, shops, dining, buses etc). Quiet area. Decent beds. Cons: Only one (1) outlet in 4-bed dorm. Lousy wifi.

Awesome staff, great rooms and facilities, really clean. overall great value for money. Definitely would stay here again if given the opportunity in this life.

Enjoyed my stay, it was really nice. Thanks!!=)

• 10th May 2013

I liked the environment of the hostel, the staff. The thing we complained about were taken care of. Could improve a little the infrastructure, more plugs for eletronics, for example. There was no one explain me about the breakfast, so I didn´t know if I could have bread, as there was none visible. But the cereal was great!

I spent a good time in this hostel. The staff is very nice, location perfect (1 block to supermarket, 2 blocks to Fifth Street) and it's very easy to meet people.

Nice hostel. It's very close to Gaslight district but in still a quieter area. The room I stayed in was getting warm despite of the fan. But it seemed that this room gets very cold in the winter, so it might be because it's surrounded by other buildings and the walls are not isolated. The hostel has plenty of bathrooms and is very clean (kitchen excluded). The lobby which is also the shared space with PC is next door in different apartment. This is very spacious and good to hangout or relax.

Staff are really friendly.The location is pretty good as its in the gas lamp district and is a bit set off the main area so it's not as loud. Breakfast is included which is pancakes and syrup but that's about it. Coffee is included and tea but they had no tea bags. Rooms are clean and the place has many bathrooms. The main downside is the common room area is separated from everything. Most are long term staying so not good for short term tourists, wanting to make friends or by themselves.

This place was great. It's within a few blocks to restaurants and bars, as well as the grocery store. Easy to get a bus, water taxi, or the rail system. The staff there were amazingly nice and fun to interact with. They were also really helpful when we had questions. I'd definitely stay there again!

• 25th Apr 2013

Very good location, facilities really good-kitchen has everything u need. Free breakfast (pancakes, cereal and coffee-coffee all day), and staff are helpful and friendly. It is a newish hostel and has alot to offer. Would definetely go back here again.

Pretty standard hostel, good location, found the atmosphere not so great but it may have been a bad time i was there. Good beds and storage.