Hostel on 3rd Reviews

542 3rd Avenue, San Diego, USA

The staff was nice and i really like the location near by gastown quater.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Very nice staff. Street noise can be distracting if window is left open on dorms facing street.

• 21st Jun 2014

We had a great time and the staff is amazing!!

• 16th Jun 2014

I only stayed here a night but it was great. Very good downtown location. Free Breakfast too!

a good hostel but more for people looking to have a quiet time.

The rooms were fairly basic but fine. The bedding was a bit thin, grab one of the extra blankets on the way to your room. The downstairs common room was huge and had good facilities!

James and Amy were super friendly and most importantly, helpful. Would definitely recommend this place!

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

I wish I could leave a great review but honestly I was disappointed. The staff were trained to be friendly but didn't feel genuine friendliness there. They have lockers but you have to buy your own lock. It would be nice if they rented locks for a deposit instead of making you buy a lock that you are only going to use once. I arrived in the afternoon and went to my room. 1/2 hour later a group of drunk guys came in and caused a ruckus (2 of them were my roommates) Didn't feel safe during my stay

Very nice staff. Small kitchen became the gathering point late at night (since large common/game/tv room was in a separate entrance)and at times it got very loud for those sleeping. With just 2 working single restrooms (toilet, sink, shower) and another out of service for remodel, the one toilet only restroom was a good idea for those in a hurry. Wifi was getting repaired/upgraded but worked for me most of the time. All hostellers should carry ear plugs, eye mask and a small electric fan.

Facilities are clean and new, and the services and attitude from staff are well appreciated.

I loved this hostel. It is by far one of the most social and welcoming hostels I've been to and the price is definitely right! The location is great for night life, and not too far from the beaches either. The rooms are clean and one of the showers is gigantic. < < < i think in general the atmosphere won me over, would recommend this place a thousand times over > > >

I arrived before the usual check-in time and was allowed to leave my luggage and do all the check-in but getting the keys later (whenever I want). When I came back at night, they told me that they couldn't host me without giving any reason and I had to leave without knowing where to spend the night.

• 1st May 2014

Staff was welcoming and accomodating. Loved the building itself and the proximity to the port/gas lamp section.

• 28th Apr 2014

Great place, excellent staff, great breakfast. Very good value for money. I will choose it again!

I was very satisfied with my stay at Hostel on 3rd. It was clean, very well run. Staff couldn't have been any more helpful with great recommendations of places to eat drink and great location for getting around the city. Can't say enough how great they made my stay. Public transportation is very easy to get to from the Hostel. Bottom line, if you stay here, you won't regret it. I will come again , LOVE this place.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Serbia

Awesome stay! , awesome staff , yummy pancakes , everything was excellent and for the location + money! Keep doing what your doing.

• 15th Apr 2014

This hostel has to rank with the best hostels I have stayed in. Friendly, courteous, clean, safe and a great price. Great place to stay in San Diego.

• 14th Apr 2014

Despite some bad reviews I read I can't understand why this hostel has a so low review rate. I spent only a night because I was in a rush but the place is well maintained and the owner is almost all the time. available to help and satisfy his hosts. The rooms are cleaned and tidy, kitchen big and well equipped and breakfast in the morning is in the average!

Great place to stay in downtown San Diego.

It was an okay place to stay and the area was full of great places to eat etc.