Hostel on 3rd Reviews

542 3rd Avenue, San Diego, USA

Really nice place, full of amazing people from everywhere !

• 11th May 2015

Very convenient location. The staff was really helpful. I had a great stay and would definitely recommend it

• 5th May 2015

Great location. If you're an early morning person, you'll have no problems using the bathrooms in the morning, but lots of queues around 9-10am. Breakfast is served only 8am onwards, which is a bit late if you have to be somewhere that day. I didn't really matter to us though, since I don't think pancakes and cereal are really a good breakfast anyway, so we used the fridges to store our own items, which was fine until the second to last morning when someone had stolen/thrown out/ eaten those.

There is no common area and is not the place where u come and meet ppl at all I wouldn't come here if I am alone and trying to meet ppl to go out with But the place per se is not that bad

I found the guy at the front desk,James,to be incredibly helpful at all times. He was very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and went out of his way to make my stay there as comfortable and welcoming as possible

• 12th Apr 2015

It was the first time to make pankake(in breakfast)....very delicios & fun. -the staff(James) was kind and considered my conditions when we met each other.TKS -Free use of internet surfing was helpful to me because I did not bring my cellphone,ipod,notebook when I travel.

super commeded hostel at san diego downtown

I had a good time there because i met great people and the staff is really nice!

James and his staff were amazing , and that ping pong table they have is legend!!

I really, really liked this hostel. The staff were excellent and it had a really nice cosy feel.

Breakfast great, quit and 2 blocks from the party zone, very clean and James does everything he can to accommodate you, sinks in rooms, and showers work great , just very good overall

I would absolutely stay here again! I couldn't believe how convenient the location was to the local nightlife and the public transportation for sightseeing during the day. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Very worth the money!

• 16th Jan 2015

Great location! Good staff, helpful. Unfortunately it was the off season (winter) in terms of people being in the hostel, but it was brilliant non the less!

Great location and great atmosphere but the hostel is super cold. There really is no proper heating and even with two blankets at night, it still gets super cold in the dorm.

This hostel is excellent value for money. Its location close to the Convention Center and Gaslamp Quarter are its biggest pluspoints. I found the hostel clean and safe and the staff super-friendly. There was hot water in the showers, and free breakfast and coffee in the kitchen. My only grouse probably is that there is no heating in the dorm rooms, and the blankets they give aren't enough to keep you warm. Bring your own blankets and Hostel on 3rd is the perfect bang for your buck in San Diego!

• 30th Dec 2014
  • India

Overall, a nice hostel in a good location. Features a spacious kitchen and a very big common area with a table-tennis. Careful though: The rooms have NO HEATING and the building has a very, very poor insulation. It was freezing cold and I caught myself a cold within my first night. The staff could not provide a space heater or any other temporary solution. On top of that, they could not even provide enough blankets for everybody! The blanket handed out at Chek-In was merely a towel.

• 29th Dec 2014

nice hostel. we were there in december and unfortunately it got really, really cold in the rooms because apparently houses in san diego do not have heating Systems. However, if it gets colder than usuallly they should have transportable heaters for each rooms or at least some blankets. free breakfast wsn´t good at all. location of the hotel is good. nice common area.

Nice Hostel, VEEEEEEERY nice stuff!

Old hotel with a large lounge (tv,books,games and 1 computer) in the ground floor and rooms and well equiped kitchen in the upper floor. Breakfast with selfmade pancakes and cereals 8-10 am. Centrally located, next Horton square and gaslamp quarter. Kind and helpful staff. Sometimes is noisy in the early morning. Surely the cheapest and best accomodation in the area.

You wont regret staying in this hotel (we didnt)!

• 28th Sep 2014