Hostel on 3rd Reviews

542 3rd Avenue, San Diego, USA

I found the guy at the front desk,James,to be incredibly helpful at all times. He was very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and went out of his way to make my stay there as comfortable and welcoming as possible

• 12th Apr 2015

It was the first time to make pankake(in breakfast)....very delicios & fun. -the staff(James) was kind and considered my conditions when we met each other.TKS -Free use of internet surfing was helpful to me because I did not bring my cellphone,ipod,notebook when I travel.

super commeded hostel at san diego downtown

I had a good time there because i met great people and the staff is really nice!

James and his staff were amazing , and that ping pong table they have is legend!!

I really, really liked this hostel. The staff were excellent and it had a really nice cosy feel.

Breakfast great, quit and 2 blocks from the party zone, very clean and James does everything he can to accommodate you, sinks in rooms, and showers work great , just very good overall

I would absolutely stay here again! I couldn't believe how convenient the location was to the local nightlife and the public transportation for sightseeing during the day. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Very worth the money!

• 16th Jan 2015

Great location! Good staff, helpful. Unfortunately it was the off season (winter) in terms of people being in the hostel, but it was brilliant non the less!

Great location and great atmosphere but the hostel is super cold. There really is no proper heating and even with two blankets at night, it still gets super cold in the dorm.

This hostel is excellent value for money. Its location close to the Convention Center and Gaslamp Quarter are its biggest pluspoints. I found the hostel clean and safe and the staff super-friendly. There was hot water in the showers, and free breakfast and coffee in the kitchen. My only grouse probably is that there is no heating in the dorm rooms, and the blankets they give aren't enough to keep you warm. Bring your own blankets and Hostel on 3rd is the perfect bang for your buck in San Diego!

• 30th Dec 2014
  • India

Overall, a nice hostel in a good location. Features a spacious kitchen and a very big common area with a table-tennis. Careful though: The rooms have NO HEATING and the building has a very, very poor insulation. It was freezing cold and I caught myself a cold within my first night. The staff could not provide a space heater or any other temporary solution. On top of that, they could not even provide enough blankets for everybody! The blanket handed out at Chek-In was merely a towel.

• 29th Dec 2014

nice hostel. we were there in december and unfortunately it got really, really cold in the rooms because apparently houses in san diego do not have heating Systems. However, if it gets colder than usuallly they should have transportable heaters for each rooms or at least some blankets. free breakfast wsn´t good at all. location of the hotel is good. nice common area.

Nice Hostel, VEEEEEEERY nice stuff!

Old hotel with a large lounge (tv,books,games and 1 computer) in the ground floor and rooms and well equiped kitchen in the upper floor. Breakfast with selfmade pancakes and cereals 8-10 am. Centrally located, next Horton square and gaslamp quarter. Kind and helpful staff. Sometimes is noisy in the early morning. Surely the cheapest and best accomodation in the area.

You wont regret staying in this hotel (we didnt)!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Croatia

I was very impressed by the friendliness of the staff and their willingness to accommodate any issues I had. The availability of breakfast (especially pancakes and coffee) was a wonderful treat as well.

• 26th Sep 2014

I had a great time at Hostel on 3rd, great location and facilities, very helpful and friendly staff, and a lovely guests. Strongly recommend it.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Poland

location is the best feature of this hostel-noise is not too much of a problem esp if you stay in a room away from the street-breakfast is very basic but kitchen has everything you need for cooking-main lobby is large with wifi, some games, pool table, ping pong, books, etc.-no planned activities by hostel staff but they are generally helpful if you have questions to ask-I will definitely stay again-some suggestions would be to upgrade breakfast and plan some activities for hostellers

• 18th Sep 2014

The location of the hostel is fantastic but that's about the only positive about our stay at Hostel on Third. We checked in and found the staff particularly unhelpful - there were no maps or suggestions for things to do. There were no social events or anywhere to really meet other travellers. But the worst came at night - I don't think I have ever had such a poor sleep in a hostel. The rooms had no air conditioning and were unbearably hot. I would not recommend this to anyone.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7