8.1
Fabulous 408 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 408 Total Reviews
Hostel on 3rd Located at 542 3rd Avenue, , San Diego.
USA
San Diego California CA/92101 542 3rd Avenue
81% 408
32.7109326 -117.1619613
    Rooms available

• Japan, Female, 18-24
19th Jul 2016
6.0

This hostel is in the middle of San Diego downtown. You can find your favorite place just walking around the hostel. Also this is close to the station, so you can go everywhere you want easily. However, you have to pay $20 by cash as deposit when you check in. Staff in front desk never smile (some of them are really friendly though). If you just stay in downtown San Diego with cheap price, it's good for you.

• USA, Female, 31-40
19th Jul 2016

This hostel was nice, the staff is nice. The rooms were VERY stuffy and hot, I don't know if it had to do with the weather( rest of hostel was at reasonable temp) it was almost unbearable at night.The bathrooms weren't horrible. They had all the working parts, ie sink, toilet, shower. It cld have been cleaner. But hey, it's not Hilton. The breakfast was sub par(pancakes that u make yourself, and choice of Cheerios or off brand cinnamon toast crunch w/whole milk) BUT it was free. I wld stay again

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
16th Jul 2016
4.9

The hostels location is the only thing it's got goin for it. The atmosphere and staff however were unpleasant, was not a very friendly hostel and I felt awkward even sitting in the kitchen or lounge downstairs. There seems to be only 3 - 4 shower toilet facilities so you are always waiting to use the shower and when you actually get in the floor is covered in water and there is hair everywhere . We also had to move beds and rooms twice during our 3 night stay and they seperated me and my sister.

• USA, Female, 31-40
14th Jul 2016
5.1

The facility is very old. The rooms have no AC and to get air we left the wind open, and it is on a very busy and noisy street. Int he middle of the night, trying to sleep, cars are honking their horn, and someone in the building, possibly next door, was banging on the walls and the door for 30 minutes or more. The bathrooms and showers are small and some what acceptable, the water and shower has nice hot water and good pressure. The mattresses and the bed are terrible.

• England, Female, 41+
13th Jul 2016
8.0

Overall I am happy with the cost of stay but I am anxited over the security . I would ask hostel in the case I need to stay .

• USA, Male, 25-30
12th Jul 2016
6.0

A few hours after checking in for a 2 night stay my family told me that they had driven over from Phoenix and invited me to stay in their hotel with them. Having already checkid in, I understood that I would have to eat the cost for the day, but was hoping that the owner would understand my situation and shorten my stay to one day (I also turned the keys back in). The owner was unhelpful, and charge me for the two nights either way. Thanks for nothing.

• USA, Male, 31-40
12th Jul 2016

Great hostel!!! I stay there every time I visit!

10th Jul 2016
8.0

Found a live roach in my shoe in the morning. I'm glad I looked inside before putting it on.

• France, Male, 25-30
6th Jul 2016
6.6

No reception between 12am and 8am so if you do have to leave early, you have to stay in your room from 12 cause they dont leave you keys. No breakfast before 8 either, whixh is late when you have things to do early

5th Jul 2016

Hostel on 3rd is the cleanest, best located and best run hostel in San Diego.