Hostel pri Janezu Reviews

Karlovška cesta 18, Ljubljana, Slovenia

The Hostel is located 5min from the end of the riverside, which is 15-30min walk from the triple bridge. The decoration makes me feel like I am living in elementary school, pretty cool. But especially with the creepy drawing outside the bathroom (1st floor), it feels more like a haunted house during the night haha However, there are lunch pack for me to take away everyday and the staffs are nice! :) The hostel price is super affordable and cheap as well.

The staff were very kind and welcoming, I enjoyed meeting the others at the hostel, and of course it is within walking distance from everything, which is perfect. I even extended my stay here by one night. You also get a good workout going up all the stairs!! Ha! Seriously, no complaints about this place, would definitely stay here again!

good value for money. location is alright internet wad pretty crappy. didn't have breakfast like advertised as kitchen was being renovated. offered lunch packs instead which were pretty basic. should just advertise that no food is available.

Superb location! Nice and helpful staff! Close to all sights! Everething is PERFECT! Highly recommended!

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Ukraine

Staff were not at all friendly when we arrived- did not seem to know what smiling was. They double booked our room and we had to move which was fine- but this all took a very long time. The kitchens are not well equipped at all but are usable & the wifi does not work. One of the beds was broken in the room we moved to so ended up sleeping on the floor on a mattress. we only stayed one night so didn't get a massive feel for the place it seemed atmosphereless & hard to meet other travellers.

The Hostel is worth every penny they charge. The staff is very helpful and friendly. They provide very good breakfast, free parking. The only one shortcoming is that WiFi doesn't work on the 3d floor. You need to go downstairs for the free WiFi. I'd definitely stay there again.

• 18th Aug 2015

Enjoyed the stay here! A big thumb up to the extremely helpful staffs :) the location is reachable with public transport. A walk to the city center would not take you more than 10 minutes. However would like to suggest adding locks to the shower cubicles and also put up shower curtains or whatever as people can easily peep in from the upper part of the doors and the shower room is shared by both men and women.

The hostel is in a school which is a bit strange but everything is clean and the rooms are nice. It is located on the opposite side of the centre to the station but Ljubljana isn't large so its not too far.

This hostel is a weird place - it's a boarding house or something during school times so it has lots of kids drawings etc It's about 10 mins walk from city centre and castle (Ljubljana is a small city). Wifi good. Breakfast good. Very cheap, good value for money. Not much atmosphere but if you're just looking for a decent bed then I would suggest here

I really loved my stay in this hostel, the facilities were great, super clean and spacious. There were 2 kitchens in each floor! The staff was really nice as well. The location is not bad, it is on a main road and pretty easy to find, even though it is not really in the city centre (because Ljubliana is a small city) every spot is walkable.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • xavierseixas
  • Portugal

All fine, but I strongly recommend the hostel to introduce card payments. Especially in the bigger groups (7 people in our case) it is very uncomfortable to keep big amounts of cash.

I stayed here last years as well and I came back because I absolutely loved the place. This year was no different. The hostel is super adorable and the facilities are really good. It's located in a school just outside the city centre, whick makes the location really good and the atmosphere is great. The free breakfast is amazing! I definitely recommend this place.

Fantastic location - short walk from the beautiful old town - and the showers were wonderful. Felt very welcome. They handled the delivery of my list bag before my arrival well. The directions to get there where clear and precise. I would recommend to anyone travelling to Ljubljana

This hostel is in a unique location that gives you easy access to a strip of bars (one of which is Sax Pub) a little bit off the beaten path. It's not right in the center of town, but it's about a 5 minute walk to get to the area. The staff is great. It's not the cleanest place that I've stayed, and the security isn't great, but it was worth the value. It's also a social hostel, and the breakfast is an added bonus.

Great hostel and staff! Also, definitely great value for money! Loved the breakfast :)

Very basic, no locks on the bathroom. Many flights of stairs and no lift (difficult with a heavy suitcase). Ok for one night but I wouldn't stay for longer than that.

it's a 10 min walk to the Center which I think is really close. It only seems further away for some people because the town itself is so small. The staff are very nice and flexible and they live there themselves during the year when they go to school. It's a good place to meet people in the kitchen if you travel alone.

Nice time there !

• 29th Jul 2015

Not much atmosphere but the breaky was amazing, very close to old town. Would recommend!

The breakfast was pretty good