Hostel the Globe Center Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2037 Total Reviews

Location was the only saving grace about this hostel. I would only recommend staying at this hostel for no more than a day. Cleanliness was disgusting. Staff only cleaned our room when we checked out. Shower railing had a missing screw which made the curtain not stable. Beds were very bog standard and uncomfortable. Drinks were very expensive-suppose to have 20% discount with your card!?! Staff were not very friendly or helpful. Very unhygienic stay!

• 8th May 2015

Place was great for what we needed. Staff were helpful when asked. Location is superb. Would stay again

• 8th May 2015

Basic but it did the job! Right next to the train station! Plus the staff were friendly and helpful ! towel and is free !Thankssssss

Old facilities and really dirty caroet.

• 27th Apr 2015

Location was amazing right in the centre by the red light district and right beside a canal. Had a wonderful view from our room. There was no kitchen. Bathrooms were very nice and modern although the showers were cold and had almost no pressure. Staff was not very welcoming- seemed like we were bothering them But it was the cheapest place we could find and if you are not too fussy about showers or friendly staff the we recommend this hostel

good hostel ,and good position, bat the wc and the smoking room in not very clean, but a i come back in my next trip in holland.

• 17th Apr 2015

I read the reviews warning of Bedbugs but took the chance. Unfortunately it seems like I got them and maybe another girl in my group as well. Not everyone in my group did though so you can always take the chance. Otherwise the rooms and location were good.

The sports bar downstairs is the only place you can hang out at the hostel except for your bed (which is only about half a meter from the person sleeping next to you). It is not very clean and it smells wired everywhere.. The location though is really great, it's in the middle of the red light district. It is the safest area in Amsterdam and it is totally cool to walk around there (also as a girl). You should only stay here if you just want a bed and nothing more.

Great location! I've stayed there twice now and will definitely stay again!

• 12th Feb 2015

This was our 2nd stay at the globe once again no issues or complaints great for weekend away in Amsterdam

We were with a group of 7. 2 twin rooms and a triple and for some reason the triple room was the smallest. Bathroom was very good but our room had a damp smell to it. For what we got, it wasn't worth it. But we had no choice

• 6th Feb 2015

Cleaning staff was a little rude and kicked us out of the room for no reason. Other than that, everything else in the hostel was enjoyable.

• 31st Jan 2015

This Hostel is perfect if a group of mates are wanting to have somewhere to stay that's really close to coffeeshops, red light district and the rest of central Amsterdam. The only problem I found this time which has never been a problem before is everyone is extremely rude with English people. Understandably they get frustrated with the minority of English that get too comfortable and are disruptive however this attitude shouldn't be passed onto the rest of us. Other than that a great time

The only thing I would recommend from this Hostel is the location. If you do not mind being bitten by bedbugs and having loud music throughout the night then your set to have a great time. I was there for 3 nights, the cost was very high (around 900 euros for a 5 people room) but it was from the 1st of January to the 4th so it was expected to be more expensive then average. As per ratings, I only recommend this place for the location. Anything further would be a disappointment....

• 1st Jan 2015

Staff really rude, don't have a key card access to the room, don't have atmosphere or common area or kitchen. The location is nice

A very good hostel with really friendly staff and amazing food.....

My second stay here at the globe a great room 18 bed mixed dorm but you get a lot of space compared to other hostels, staff were great (remember they are on low wages so people who complain about them being rude or anything get a grip it's an effing hostel not a 5 star hotel so they don't need to bend over backwords for fussy guests who think because they have paid 10 euros a night they have the right to complain about the smallest of things, as do bedbugs THERE ARE NONE I will be back soon

Spacious dorm, comfy beds, not a really good atmosphere. There is a sports bar at the lower level, but open to all visitors and not a place to meet other travellers only.