Hostel the Globe Center Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1944 Total Reviews

No issues with bedbugs! I had seen a few reviews mention them and was very nervous about staying here but it was awesome. I feel like this place is a little hidden secret, the bar downstairs is solid especially if you like sports, and there's a huge smoking room where you can smoke whatever you want, with pool tables, foosball, tv's, etc.

• 24th Oct 2014

no towels in room, okay for youngsters who don't care too much, very close too red light distict and coffeeshops. but not so good for families

• 24th Oct 2014

I was only there one night and I think I would have liked it more if I had more time to settle in and meet people. The lobby is a bar and you can only get wifi down there so you're forced out of your room which is good and bad. I think I was in the room for 18 and it was huge. There was a communal outlet in the middle which was a little strange, but plenty too.

I've stayed here before and this was by far the worst. Staff was indifferent, and unfriendly at best. Bartender wasnt nice and had a massive chip on his shoulder. Receptionist wasn't much different. Avoid this dump, unless you have no standards.

bed bug is a big problem here.

My overall experience was good. I would recommend the hostel to my friends and stay there again if it was the case. I would only suggest a safer way of allowing people to access the bedrooms, because only showing a tiny card from a certain distance to the receptionist is not very reliable. And also mentioning on the reservation that there is an extra fee if you want to pay with a card.

• 16th Oct 2014

Very clean and great location in the centre, just minute away from Red street. Downside is some of staff are inpolite few and not in the good mood.

We were in a room for 7 people and we had justa one plug for charge phones and cameras... it was really annoying!! The Location was really good and the ambient. But I think the staff must be a little be more careful, because in our last day a man openedthe door completely (he knocked the door just one) to say that we hat to leave the room...i think there are anothers way to do it!!

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Spain

A decent budget hostel. The showers are good, and the location is quiet (rooms at the back anyway). Staff very nice and helpful throughout my stay.

• 3rd Oct 2014

The hostel has a great location and is a nice place to stay. This was the second time I've used the hostel and I would go again. the only problem with the hostel is that its very dated compared to other hostels in Amsterdam. The smoking room is dark and in need of decoration.

great place to stay. bag packers friendly

It was very good, thank you.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

Average hostel in good location. Beds were clean, wi fi worked kind of ok, well you get what you pay for.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Kazakhstan

Although I couldn't say all aspects were "excellent", my friends and I had a blast here! It was our first time in a hostel and we didn't know what to expect, but from the moment we walked in the staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and we met so many people our age. The only thing that is a little off putting is the washrooms don't have doors to the hallway, rather there are doors to the toilets and the showers so u have to drop your towel quick and jump in so no one sees lol :)

• 18th Sep 2014

The hostels location is just perfect! Its situated in the red light district and very close to the centre. Nevertheless it´s quite: no music or party-noise. Perfect! The roomes are tidy and clean. We enjoyed our stay, just the staff isn´t that friendly. Not unpolite but kind of bored. What is missing is a public kitchen. There are no cocking facilities. The hostel offers a discount for meals in their bar.

• 9th Sep 2014

Friendly and helpful staff as always, nice clean room and comfy beds, will be back next year (:

The location is amazing, in the red light district and close to the central station. That is about all this place has going fo it.

good hostel will stay again soon staff are helpfull and friendly

Paid €25 a night, not at all worth that amount of money,very grotty and unpleasant place to be in general.Room and showers were okay and some of the staff were nice, but the certain staff were very rude and generally very unwelcoming.Wifi kind of works sometimes.Location is central but this cannot make up for the terrible atmosphere in the downstairs bar.Would not recommend a stay here,I'm sure any extra money would be well worth spending on a better place.Did the job but wouldn't return

Very poor hostel in general. Was attached by bed bug, staff were unfriendly, most of the lockers were broken, room was incredibly hot and no wifi or enough power points in the rooms. Only saving grace of the hostel was a reasonable location and the bar and smoking room downstairs.

• 1st Aug 2014