Hostel the Globe Center Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Not a warm welcoming hostel ie reception and a certain male staff member needs to improve his customer service skills as there is none! And it looked like it would physically hurt him to smile. And the old guy working there was giving guests attitude when closing the bar like they were school kids. But the bar staff were good Rooms were pretty average with bunk beds not even having a ladder but the bathrooms were good so there's a positive! Hostel has potential

Staff got very fussy when we wanted to refill our water bottles with tap water at the bar, even though it was boiling outside. Showers and toilets were great and the rooms were very nice and clean.

This place gave my buddy and I bed bugs. Got around 30 bites that itch daily. Rethink your stay here. The bar and the location is great, would of given this place a bigger rating because I liked my stay other than I got bit by bugs

I paid 45 euros a night, since I booked too late. I wouldn't pay that value once more to stay at the hostel. Great location but poor infrastructure. No kitchen, no wifi in the rooms. There's a big lounge where you can order food or drinks and a spacious smoking area both for joints or ciggies. Guess 20 euros max per night is a reasonable amount, only for its very convenient location--two minutes walk to the red light district. Average beds. Also, they charge you a five euro deposit for each key.

• 27th Jun 2014

Room stunk of urine!

Room was very small the bed was a nightmare To sleep in mattress was very hard .checkout Was at 10 am .staff made that quiet clear.outside Our room the morning of checkout.

• 24th Jun 2014

I stayed in a 10 bed mixed dorm with two of my friends. We LOVED it here! The hostel isn't the nicest/most fancy, but the showers are newly remodeled- very nice! and it is in the heart of the red light district (so much fun!) and only a 8 min. walk (if that!) from the train station! Very easy to find! The staff was friendly enough. We made friends with every one in our room and went sightseeing/partied together at night. I hope you have the same experience as we did!

• 21st Jun 2014

The staff at the check in was a little disrespectful with me and other guests.

In general I liked the hostal, some staff were very friendly but one night secretary was very impolite to us. The bathroom in my room was shared between 8 people and never cleaned while I stayed (2 nights/ 3 days) In the end it smelt like a public toilet. Its well located if you like beer for breakfast and you want to visit the red light district!!

If you are looking for something cheap in the deep red light district, this is your hostel. It was ENOUGH, and enough was way more than I had expected. Totally recommended.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Chile

Adequate: the word I would use to describe most facets of this hostel. The wifi is shoddy at best, and didn't work for long stretches. There were only 4 plugs in the 18-person dorm I slept in. The location, right next to the red light district, is great if you want to spend your time in the coffeeshops and tourist destinations on the canals. It's an ~8 min. walk to the train station, which makes arriving and departing easy. 10-15 minute walk to Vondelpark and nearby attractions.

• 5th Jun 2014

They have small lockers for valuables like shoes, bags, money etc and you can leave small valuables behind the desk like phones etc. They give you towels. The beds and pillows are comfy. The bathrooms are clean. The location is at the heart of liveliness and there are many places to eat located very close by. You can charge your electronic devices in only one of the dorms however there are plug sockets in the bar. Free wifi in the bar! Close to the train station. Activity discount leaflets.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Great place to stay very close to everything. Only thing myself and friend didn't like was that in order to have a glass of water we had to buy something despite the fact we were already paying to stay there. Other than that little gripe, the place is great to stay

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Wales

Other than it's location, this hostel's got nothing else to offer. No common area to hang out in, really unfriendly staff. We were never given keys to our actual room. Wifi connection was very poor in the room and only worked in the common area.

A good clean hostel. No issues. Separate bathroom was good but only available to our dorm and everything cleaned daily. If hostelling is your thing than you will find this place adequate for your needs.

Very bad. Only stay if it is an absolute must.

Location of the hostel is directly on the red light district but being downtown it is far from vondel park. Staff were the rudest people ever. Would not give u a glass of tap water advising "I am trying to make money here" Guy behind the desk knew we were staying for 4 nights but still acted like we were new and didn't want to let us in. Wouldn't stay here again.

The only good thing about this hostel is the location. The staff (specially the chinesse girl) was very rude, she was always in a bad mood, not so good when you have to deal with customers. The price was higher than expected and the facilities were bad. There was no WIFI in the rooms so the guests were using the wifi of the lobby in the stairs of the hostel. I stayed in 2012 in FLYING PIG HOSTEL and it was way better than this one, the staff, the rooms, the atmosphere, everything, stay there!!

Everybody is so kind out there. We got everything we needed. It was my first staying in a hostel and it was really nice!

• 4th May 2014
  • Ukraine

the location is great at the center of red light district and close to train station (amsterdam centraale). can't complain much except maybe for the receptionist. i mean, he's not rude but smiling wont hurt tho ;) we stayed in 10 mix sharing room and the conditions are ok. love the toilet and shower. like i said, can't complain much. and oh, the wifi was great even tho we stayed at 2nd floor and at the very end of block

« first « Prev 1 2 3