Hostel the Globe Center Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2017 Total Reviews

good hostel ,and good position, bat the wc and the smoking room in not very clean, but a i come back in my next trip in holland.

• 17th Apr 2015

I read the reviews warning of Bedbugs but took the chance. Unfortunately it seems like I got them and maybe another girl in my group as well. Not everyone in my group did though so you can always take the chance. Otherwise the rooms and location were good.

The sports bar downstairs is the only place you can hang out at the hostel except for your bed (which is only about half a meter from the person sleeping next to you). It is not very clean and it smells wired everywhere.. The location though is really great, it's in the middle of the red light district. It is the safest area in Amsterdam and it is totally cool to walk around there (also as a girl). You should only stay here if you just want a bed and nothing more.

Great location! I've stayed there twice now and will definitely stay again!

• 12th Feb 2015

This was our 2nd stay at the globe once again no issues or complaints great for weekend away in Amsterdam

We were with a group of 7. 2 twin rooms and a triple and for some reason the triple room was the smallest. Bathroom was very good but our room had a damp smell to it. For what we got, it wasn't worth it. But we had no choice

• 6th Feb 2015

Cleaning staff was a little rude and kicked us out of the room for no reason. Other than that, everything else in the hostel was enjoyable.

• 31st Jan 2015

This Hostel is perfect if a group of mates are wanting to have somewhere to stay that's really close to coffeeshops, red light district and the rest of central Amsterdam. The only problem I found this time which has never been a problem before is everyone is extremely rude with English people. Understandably they get frustrated with the minority of English that get too comfortable and are disruptive however this attitude shouldn't be passed onto the rest of us. Other than that a great time

The only thing I would recommend from this Hostel is the location. If you do not mind being bitten by bedbugs and having loud music throughout the night then your set to have a great time. I was there for 3 nights, the cost was very high (around 900 euros for a 5 people room) but it was from the 1st of January to the 4th so it was expected to be more expensive then average. As per ratings, I only recommend this place for the location. Anything further would be a disappointment....

• 1st Jan 2015

Staff really rude, don't have a key card access to the room, don't have atmosphere or common area or kitchen. The location is nice

A very good hostel with really friendly staff and amazing food.....

My second stay here at the globe a great room 18 bed mixed dorm but you get a lot of space compared to other hostels, staff were great (remember they are on low wages so people who complain about them being rude or anything get a grip it's an effing hostel not a 5 star hotel so they don't need to bend over backwords for fussy guests who think because they have paid 10 euros a night they have the right to complain about the smallest of things, as do bedbugs THERE ARE NONE I will be back soon

Spacious dorm, comfy beds, not a really good atmosphere. There is a sports bar at the lower level, but open to all visitors and not a place to meet other travellers only.

Very good location(in the middle of Redlight Distirct,5 min walk from the Amsterdam main train station) but the staff should put a smile in their faces and there were bedbugs.

Staff were unbelievably rude throughout our stay. During the stay we were asked for passports just to get into our room (of which were left in the room). The staff would send one person up to the room who would then have to come back downstairs with everyone's ID. Our room had a broken light which was not fixed for hours. We had to wait 6 hours for them to bring a mattress which they offered us on check in up to our room by which time it was gone midnight.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The location is the best thing about this hostel! It's a very simple hostel, but it is decently clean.

• 21st Nov 2014

I just think the location is good, but the staffs are very rude and the place looks really dirty and dark, really bad tourist information and there is no even water for the guests and the shower there was not hot water to have a shower, so, they should really care a bit more about their guests.

• 16th Nov 2014

There are bed bugs, and it is really strong

• 14th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel the Globe Center has a really central location. However, the atmosphere and cleanliness was terrible. When we came back at night, there we multiple people vomiting the toilets and there was traces of it in the room. I would not recommend this hostel to anyone. By far the worse hostel I every stayed in.

This was my second time staying here. The first time was better as this time I got bedbugs. The hostel moved everyone out of the room that was infected and gave me a discount. It was not a pleasant experience but the hostel handled it as well as they could (imo). Besides the bugs it was a great place to stay- cheap, good views, very secure, smoking room, good location.