Hostel the Globe Center Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1975 Total Reviews

A very good hostel with really friendly staff and amazing food.....

My second stay here at the globe a great room 18 bed mixed dorm but you get a lot of space compared to other hostels, staff were great (remember they are on low wages so people who complain about them being rude or anything get a grip it's an effing hostel not a 5 star hotel so they don't need to bend over backwords for fussy guests who think because they have paid 10 euros a night they have the right to complain about the smallest of things, as do bedbugs THERE ARE NONE I will be back soon

Spacious dorm, comfy beds, not a really good atmosphere. There is a sports bar at the lower level, but open to all visitors and not a place to meet other travellers only.

Very good location(in the middle of Redlight Distirct,5 min walk from the Amsterdam main train station) but the staff should put a smile in their faces and there were bedbugs.

Staff were unbelievably rude throughout our stay. During the stay we were asked for passports just to get into our room (of which were left in the room). The staff would send one person up to the room who would then have to come back downstairs with everyone's ID. Our room had a broken light which was not fixed for hours. We had to wait 6 hours for them to bring a mattress which they offered us on check in up to our room by which time it was gone midnight.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The location is the best thing about this hostel! It's a very simple hostel, but it is decently clean.

• 21st Nov 2014

I just think the location is good, but the staffs are very rude and the place looks really dirty and dark, really bad tourist information and there is no even water for the guests and the shower there was not hot water to have a shower, so, they should really care a bit more about their guests.

• 16th Nov 2014

There are bed bugs, and it is really strong

• 14th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel the Globe Center has a really central location. However, the atmosphere and cleanliness was terrible. When we came back at night, there we multiple people vomiting the toilets and there was traces of it in the room. I would not recommend this hostel to anyone. By far the worse hostel I every stayed in.

This was my second time staying here. The first time was better as this time I got bedbugs. The hostel moved everyone out of the room that was infected and gave me a discount. It was not a pleasant experience but the hostel handled it as well as they could (imo). Besides the bugs it was a great place to stay- cheap, good views, very secure, smoking room, good location.

Rude staff. Horrible vibes given, I felt like I was an inconvenience staying there for the staff. I ask for a recommendations to eat dinner and they told me to eat at the hostel really rudely. I didn't feel good about the hostel at all. Good location.

• 30th Oct 2014

Bad lighting in the bathroom. Clean bathrooms. Unstable beds.

• Norway

No issues with bedbugs! I had seen a few reviews mention them and was very nervous about staying here but it was awesome. I feel like this place is a little hidden secret, the bar downstairs is solid especially if you like sports, and there's a huge smoking room where you can smoke whatever you want, with pool tables, foosball, tv's, etc.

• 24th Oct 2014

no towels in room, okay for youngsters who don't care too much, very close too red light distict and coffeeshops. but not so good for families

• 24th Oct 2014

No kitchen area was a bit inconvenient, and made it more difficult to talk to other travelers. staff weren't particularly friendly. Worst of all there were bed bugs, not just into dorm but in a few others (according to friends who slept in other dorms). Overall an ok hostel but there's definitely better places to stay

• 23rd Oct 2014

The best and only selling point of the globe is the location- it really can't be beat. However, the cleanliness is is not what I expected. I should say that I'm a guy, and have stayed in multiple hostels and I in no way expected the facilities to be spotless. I however did not expect to be eaten alive in my sleep. While at my stay at the globe, myself and travel buddy both received unaticipated bumps all over ourselves from bed bugs. The lights are dimly lit for a reason. Disgusting!

• 23rd Oct 2014

I was only there one night and I think I would have liked it more if I had more time to settle in and meet people. The lobby is a bar and you can only get wifi down there so you're forced out of your room which is good and bad. I think I was in the room for 18 and it was huge. There was a communal outlet in the middle which was a little strange, but plenty too.

The better redlight district hostel choice. No, it doesn't have any charm (none of them do in the redlight district imo) but you didn't book the hostel to hang out in it as you're in Amsterdam. It has a smoking room, is in a fantastic location, and has huge windows in the rooms that over look the canal. Much more open and scenic than other Amsterdam hostels I've stayed at. It's very secure and is rare in that it doesn't have the stereotypical narrow Dutch staircase. Would recommend.

I've stayed here before and this was by far the worst. Staff was indifferent, and unfriendly at best. Bartender wasnt nice and had a massive chip on his shoulder. Receptionist wasn't much different. Avoid this dump, unless you have no standards.

bed bug is a big problem here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3