Hostel the Globe Center Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1900 Total Reviews

Paid €25 a night, not at all worth that amount of money,very grotty and unpleasant place to be in general.Room and showers were okay and some of the staff were nice, but the certain staff were very rude and generally very unwelcoming.Wifi kind of works sometimes.Location is central but this cannot make up for the terrible atmosphere in the downstairs bar.Would not recommend a stay here,I'm sure any extra money would be well worth spending on a better place.Did the job but wouldn't return

Very poor hostel in general. Was attached by bed bug, staff were unfriendly, most of the lockers were broken, room was incredibly hot and no wifi or enough power points in the rooms. Only saving grace of the hostel was a reasonable location and the bar and smoking room downstairs.

• 1st Aug 2014

Clean and good location for Red Ligh District. Fairly early check out - 10am

• 1st Aug 2014

I got bed bugs because of sleeping in this hotel, i would never, NEVER recomend it.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Peru

AMAZING location and love love loved having a bar downstairs, however the rooms got EXTREMELY HOT at night and most mornings we woke up drenched in sweat. Very little ventilation in the rooms and none in the bathrooms so it did get really uncomfortable, but the location was unbeatable; so close to good areas of town but not noisy at night.

• 21st Jul 2014

There are no many facilities, the "Lockers" are a room where everyone can pass, the staff is often unpolite.

It was really dirty place, there were fleas and cockroach in my bed. Terrible stairs.

I just hated this hostel! Employees will not help you at all, are super rude! The room was disgusting, I and my friends are with BUGS (YES, BUGS), due to lack of hygiene. The room looked like it was not cleaned for months! Do not come back anymore, and not to nominate anyone!

Respected, with due respect we clean our room every day and we change the sheet and pillow cover every second day if you are staying more then 2nights specially in summer time. we try our best to help our guest with all the way we can but still if you feel like we didnt help you enough then we are sorry and we will keep improving as there is no limit for improvement

It was the worst and dirty hostel i have ever been. THERE ARE BUGS on it, ive stayed 3 nights and i have more than 50 bites. The room it looked like it havent been cleaned in ages and in 3 days i havent seen ANYONE cleaning the room. The staff is TERRIBLE, totally unhelpful and unfriendly. The stairs to get in the room are HUGE and THERE IS NO ELEVATOR to get there. So if you have breathing problems is totally not the right place. No wifi in the rooms and lack of plugs. TERRIBLE HOSTEL!!

this hostel is in a great location if you are looking to stay in the red light district. it is only a 3 minute walk from everything the red light district has to offer. the place is kinda dark inside, nothing fancy. not many people were hanging out at the bar but i think everyone just wants to go out when they're in Amsterdam. The rooms were really hot with no AC but very clean and comfortable with a great bathroom in each room.

Bloke who "owns"/runs the bar is so rude and miserable... I was refused tap water with the reply "we sell our own bottled water why would I give you some for free". Location was perfect but i wouldnt stay there again purely because of the man behind the bar.

Staff were extremely unfriendly and unhelpful. Sheets and pillow cases in room were stained. Room was very very hot. No wifi available in rooms - only in bar area however it rarely worked.

A great hostel for groups and students. The beds were comfortable but the only problem is there was no ladder to get to the top bunk bed when the stool or chair doesn't help. It would be useful.

Not a warm welcoming hostel ie reception and a certain male staff member needs to improve his customer service skills as there is none! And it looked like it would physically hurt him to smile. And the old guy working there was giving guests attitude when closing the bar like they were school kids. But the bar staff were good Rooms were pretty average with bunk beds not even having a ladder but the bathrooms were good so there's a positive! Hostel has potential

Amazing location, nice clean rooms (but too hot), staff were helpful but not very talkative. A bit expensive (could not stay at weekend for this reason) but that is Amsterdam for you

Staff got very fussy when we wanted to refill our water bottles with tap water at the bar, even though it was boiling outside. Showers and toilets were great and the rooms were very nice and clean.

This place gave my buddy and I bed bugs. Got around 30 bites that itch daily. Rethink your stay here. The bar and the location is great, would of given this place a bigger rating because I liked my stay other than I got bit by bugs

I paid 45 euros a night, since I booked too late. I wouldn't pay that value once more to stay at the hostel. Great location but poor infrastructure. No kitchen, no wifi in the rooms. There's a big lounge where you can order food or drinks and a spacious smoking area both for joints or ciggies. Guess 20 euros max per night is a reasonable amount, only for its very convenient location--two minutes walk to the red light district. Average beds. Also, they charge you a five euro deposit for each key.

• 27th Jun 2014

Room stunk of urine!

Room was very small the bed was a nightmare To sleep in mattress was very hard .checkout Was at 10 am .staff made that quiet clear.outside Our room the morning of checkout.

• 24th Jun 2014