Hostel the Globe Center Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1961 Total Reviews

The location is the best thing about this hostel! It's a very simple hostel, but it is decently clean.

• 21st Nov 2014

I just think the location is good, but the staffs are very rude and the place looks really dirty and dark, really bad tourist information and there is no even water for the guests and the shower there was not hot water to have a shower, so, they should really care a bit more about their guests.

• 16th Nov 2014

There are bed bugs, and it is really strong

• 14th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

This was my second time staying here. The first time was better as this time I got bedbugs. The hostel moved everyone out of the room that was infected and gave me a discount. It was not a pleasant experience but the hostel handled it as well as they could (imo). Besides the bugs it was a great place to stay- cheap, good views, very secure, smoking room, good location.

Rude staff. Horrible vibes given, I felt like I was an inconvenience staying there for the staff. I ask for a recommendations to eat dinner and they told me to eat at the hostel really rudely. I didn't feel good about the hostel at all. Good location.

• 30th Oct 2014

Bad lighting in the bathroom. Clean bathrooms. Unstable beds.

• Norway

No issues with bedbugs! I had seen a few reviews mention them and was very nervous about staying here but it was awesome. I feel like this place is a little hidden secret, the bar downstairs is solid especially if you like sports, and there's a huge smoking room where you can smoke whatever you want, with pool tables, foosball, tv's, etc.

• 24th Oct 2014

no towels in room, okay for youngsters who don't care too much, very close too red light distict and coffeeshops. but not so good for families

• 24th Oct 2014

The best and only selling point of the globe is the location- it really can't be beat. However, the cleanliness is is not what I expected. I should say that I'm a guy, and have stayed in multiple hostels and I in no way expected the facilities to be spotless. I however did not expect to be eaten alive in my sleep. While at my stay at the globe, myself and travel buddy both received unaticipated bumps all over ourselves from bed bugs. The lights are dimly lit for a reason. Disgusting!

• 23rd Oct 2014

I was only there one night and I think I would have liked it more if I had more time to settle in and meet people. The lobby is a bar and you can only get wifi down there so you're forced out of your room which is good and bad. I think I was in the room for 18 and it was huge. There was a communal outlet in the middle which was a little strange, but plenty too.

The better redlight district hostel choice. No, it doesn't have any charm (none of them do in the redlight district imo) but you didn't book the hostel to hang out in it as you're in Amsterdam. It has a smoking room, is in a fantastic location, and has huge windows in the rooms that over look the canal. Much more open and scenic than other Amsterdam hostels I've stayed at. It's very secure and is rare in that it doesn't have the stereotypical narrow Dutch staircase. Would recommend.

I've stayed here before and this was by far the worst. Staff was indifferent, and unfriendly at best. Bartender wasnt nice and had a massive chip on his shoulder. Receptionist wasn't much different. Avoid this dump, unless you have no standards.

bed bug is a big problem here.

My overall experience was good. I would recommend the hostel to my friends and stay there again if it was the case. I would only suggest a safer way of allowing people to access the bedrooms, because only showing a tiny card from a certain distance to the receptionist is not very reliable. And also mentioning on the reservation that there is an extra fee if you want to pay with a card.

Very clean and great location in the centre, just minute away from Red street. Downside is some of staff are inpolite few and not in the good mood.

We were in a room for 7 people and we had justa one plug for charge phones and cameras... it was really annoying!! The Location was really good and the ambient. But I think the staff must be a little be more careful, because in our last day a man openedthe door completely (he knocked the door just one) to say that we hat to leave the room...i think there are anothers way to do it!!

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Spain

A decent budget hostel. The showers are good, and the location is quiet (rooms at the back anyway). Staff very nice and helpful throughout my stay.

• 3rd Oct 2014

The hostel has a great location and is a nice place to stay. This was the second time I've used the hostel and I would go again. the only problem with the hostel is that its very dated compared to other hostels in Amsterdam. The smoking room is dark and in need of decoration.

great place to stay. bag packers friendly

It was very good, thank you.

• 19th Sep 2014