Hostel333 Reviews

Colima #333 Colonia Roma, Del. Cuauhtemoc, Mexico City, Mexico

Great hostel, nice staff. The terrace is a cool place to meet people and have a beer. Good beds and showers.

• 30th Jan 2016

great place to meet other folk and share ideas and maybe a beer or two. great choice of bars within 3-15 min walk. helpful staff

We had a good time at Hostel333. The location was very good, and everything was clean. The main downside was that the common space was pretty messy and full of random stuff that no one was using, and it felt like a personal hangout for the people who work at the front desk and their friends. It was really unpleasant to try to meet new people in the evenings while the front desk crowd were playing loud, violent video games all night.

Very well located hostel, room itself was clean. Power outlet next to bed was a plus. I stayed in a 4-bed dorm. It didn't have a proper door, bed was super small. The room was separated from the one next door by a wooden board. Bathroom had a horrible smell of urine. Staff seemed pretty unmotivated.

this hostel has no "quiet time" policy. It was very, very, very loud at all hours of the night until the hipsters finally got worn out and went to bed at, oh, say 4:00 am or so. Not a good environment if you want to sleep. It's a great environment if you want to slam doors, play techno music super loud and sit around drinking, laughing and talking about all of your life experiences until the sun starts to come up.

The place is perfect if you want to party, but if you only need to rest, its not the best option.

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

I enjoyed the hostel, but I had a problem and it wasn't solved. During my first day I left my pajamas and sweatshirt on my bed when I woke up and went out for a walk. When I returned, I noticed that the bed was made, but my clothes were gone. Immediately people from hostel helped me, but found nothing. The next day, there was another guy at the front desk didn't help and found nothing. I was really upset because nothing has been found, nor was asked excuses for what happened.

This is a good facility in a fantastic part of town. The staff are really friendly and helpful, the rooms clean, the beds comfortable. It's nice that there is a good common room that includes tables, couches, a kitchen area, and the front desk. This makes it easy to meet people and have a good social experience. Breakfast of coffee and toast was a little slim, and it would be nice to have potable water....maybe worth considering. Eep. potable water for foreigners.

Kitchen was almost always messy/dirty, floors, benches, dishes everywhere. Toilet paper ran out a few times. I didn't get a locker as it was broken and staff in the dorm were using two lockers. Some staff were helpful and friendly Breakfast doesn't start until 9, and you can't help yourself, as an early starter this isn't convenient as I wasn't aware. Nice chilled atmosphere however a few 'activity' nights would help solo travelers meet others. Dorm rooms are spacious

Lovely staff, they did all the best to make me feel home. Safe and nice area, close to Extra\Oxo, Atm, Street food and bars. 5 minutes to the metro station\touribus' main stop. Quite clean. Really nice terrace and big rooms but I'd like to have individual lamps for each bed in order not to "annoy" people who are sharing the room with you. The rooms has no key, basically everybody can go in: I've found a friend(?) of my roomies seated next to my bed! Except this, definitely recommended!

Excellent location

The location of this hostel is great - near to metro and metrobus and in a trendy part of the city. The showers are amazing - like rainshowers! The man issue was the kitchen - there isn't much worksurface area so it can be a bit awkward if there is more than one person cooking. Most staff were helpful, although some kept themselves to themselves, and one subjected us to some awful heavy metal music one night - not really my taste :). But overall a good hostel.

Great terrace on roof and good bar/restaurant downstairs. The staff are awesome and make this place worth staying at. The kitchen and bathrooms aren't really that clean. Wifi is spotty.

Chilled, clean enough, safe enough, cheap enough. Good enough!

• 17th Oct 2015

This was my very first hostel on my year long trip and I couldn't have felt more welcome. I had never been to Mexico City before so a friend recommended this hostel and I am so glad she did! The location, Roma Norte is beautiful. Really safe, close to a supermarket, coffee shops, cheap taco stands and only a few stops on the subway to downtown. The staff were so helpful and friendly, I was only there for five days and if it wasn't for a flight I had to catch I would have stayed for another five.

The staff is friendly, the hostel is clean. The one problem I had was with the wi-fi. I stayed for 4 nights and the wi-fi just worked in my room on the last day. It is a good hostel for who wants party.

The door to my dorm from the hallway was broken, and there was no door between the next dorm, so light and sound were pervasive. The gendered bathrooms created an inconvenience, as the men's bathroom was a floor below my room.

• 14th Sep 2015

I was trying to write a longer review but just let me do it with 400 something characters. If there is someone at the front desk should be bilingual. I mean I sepak english, but you are in Mx. The men's bathroom is really dirty even in the morning when the cleaning lady is still working and nobody has taken a shower it was really dirty. As I said first, I wanted to give a longer review with more details about my experience, feel free to contact me. I'm not happy about this hostel.

This hostel was a lot of fun. The staff and people staying there were all friendly and willing to get to know one another. The rooms were basic which is great for ensuring you just sleep in them. The rooftop upstairs was a great bonus as well as the common area with a TV and computers on the second floor. Super hip area! Glad I was able to stay there. PS the taco stand outside where a father and little boy work are delish! Took 7 tacos with me to the airport!

pros: - 6 people dorm has bathroom in the dormitory - good location - lockers cons: - breakfast is just toast and too little jam for the toasts - bathrooms are not very clean