Hostel99 Reviews

Guy at reception was kind and helpful. Hostel has a nice, clean feel to it. The outdoor area with the fireplace is great. While it's good that they have the lights on motion sensors to save energy, the hostel was often too dark - could use a bit more light. On a related note, the timers in the bathroom seemed to go off within half a minute, leaving us in the dark waving our arms.

Nice hostel with great, funny staff. The rooms were nice and clean, although the showers were a bit strange and didn't drain properly. The location is an easy walk to the centre but there are a few nice restaurants just steps away.

BED BUGS. So many bed bugs. Everyone in my room requested moving within minutes because bugs were all over the room. The next room seemed ok but I woke up smothered in bites. Was told at reception that complaining about bugs could lead to a 500 czk fine from the owner. What? The rafting pub crawl was not on even though weather was perfect. Have to hold in a button the entire time for water in the shower. Bedding is old, everything is old. This place needs new management and a refurbishment.

Great localization, clean.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

not all the staff were that helpful, some were though. Is clean, pretty comfy though etc

overall is good, staffs are really friendly and helpful.

Overall okay.

It was quite nice.

Cesky Kurlmo is very small so very convenient even if hostel99 is located in the end of the street. Love the place, everything clean, deco nice and with nice deli 99 close by. staff is kind to recommend local hits and restaurants but you can also get different recommendation from the tourism center. I stay at 4 person dorm -- yet the drawback is that this 4-person dorm is the way leading to a twin room -- ie those staying at twin room has to past us before they get in threir room. not gd design

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

The bed is normally,and the others were kindly and fun. But it is a little cold during the night.

Location is super close to the Sepicak bus station, room and toilet was clean, bed sheet and towel provided smells good, wifi works in the dorm and it was not so crowded during my 2 nights there. Everything is just what I'm asking for, excellent!!!

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

From the lying unhelpful staff, to nasty sarcastic notices everywhere. this place is clearly just after your $!. Staff member told us the police were coming because of noise at 11pm from 3 of us having a beer and a cigi? Same guy wouldn't organize the rafting for us or recommend another operator (said they were closed for the season) not even a town map. Food from their reastaurant was a joke! overpriced and even had the cheek to charge for sauce! Don't stay at 99 there are way better hostels!!

The hostel had a great vibe and met some great people here. Location is great, within walking distance to everything. Staff were however quite rude and not helpful, I was there with a tour group and they were not very accommodating. Facilities were average. Overall, you get what you pay for.

Good hostel, everything worked out well, though the shower's were kind of annoying that ou had to keep pressing the button for water, nothing that can be overcome though, hot water and clean. Good options within the hostel with films to watch, computers and a kitchen. Great location and a handy map. WEbsite might need updating though, asked about bike rentals, they didn't have anyway, but told me where to go.

雙人房沒有無線網絡覆蓋

Staff was very helpful and the price was extremely reasonable. One drawback was the shower room and toilets. They were not well maintained and sometimes a bit dirty.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Japan
  • Couple, 41+

I really enjoyed my stay at Hostel99, it is a little quirky and quite compact which helps you connect with those around you. The location, scenery and services were excellent as were the staff.

This hostel is not very central, but it's still easy to get everywhere. The door to my room did not lock and when I asked for a spare blanket I was simply told that the heating will eventually come on. Otherwise it was clean and comfortable.

Cozy attic with comfy beds, clean and good facilities like kitchen and bar/resto next door. Thought the guy who worked at reception was not the friendliest or most helpful (didn't tell us what see/do in town, forgot to give us keys). Vibe/atmosphere was really subdued. Most people kept to themselves and weren't really social. Not sure if it was because the weather was crap and no one was doing the rafting pub crawl. But from previous reviews I was expecting a social and friendly place.

i would like to say that my stay was amazing , the style of the hostel was so beautiful, like a mountain cabin!. i had 2 nights booked but extended for another 2 nights. Zazu was the best host I've had and nothing was a problem, he was fabulous,very funny so friendly and full of information and recommended other hostels to me which i am enjoying right now in Vienna. I would return here in a heartbeat!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5