HostelPoint Brighton Reviews

10-12 Grand Junction Road, Brighton, England

Great location, the hostel was clean but it feels a bit old. The ensuite bathroom's door in bedroom I stayed in would benefit from an actual lock instead of a latch that leaves a gap of a few centimeters. Especially when it's a mixed bedroom. Going for a shower when you're the only girl and there are 5 men didn't leave me at ease.

It's cheap but you definitely sacrifice cleanliness. Only stayed for one night, good location and friendly staff. Clean beds but that's about it - possibly the dirtiest hostel I've stayed in, the shower and bathroom felt like it had never been cleaned and smelt like it had something growing in there. Very noisey location, but good if you're there to party all night (without showering) haha. I wouldn't stay again but it's ok if you're looking to party and crash for one night.

• 16th May 2015

The staff is very nice! Best aspect of the hostel to me. When you see the narrow aisle and stairs you get a little afraid of the quality of the rooms, but don`t, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the bathroom is also good. The price is amazing!

Thank you for the positive feedback - yes, our staff is always super-friendlyyyy!

Thanks for the stay, we got a great night. The view was perfect on the Brighton pier and right in the middle of all the party spots. When we came in, the light was broken but that was fixed immediately by the staff. Breakfast was good just as the showers and the bed. Our room itself was clean, but not the common area.

• 15th May 2015

Great hostel. Would probably re book.

Great value for money and great location. The bathroom needs a good clean and updating. The door handle was nearly falling off he bathroom and there was a lot of mould in the shower area. But the shower was very warm and always had hot water. Great kitchen facilities and good size common room. The staff that was changing the beds when people left were super friendly and very polite.

• 14th May 2015

Thank you for your kind comments. We will be introducing a new cleaning schedule very soon to ensure that everything is kept spotless! Hope to see you again soon!

En-suite was clean, but when the shower door was opened water dripped onto the tiled floor and it became very slippery. A bath mat would have made it safer. There was no double sheet on the double bed - just 2 singles across the bed. The upper staircase was really grubby and stair carpet worn through to the bare wood in places, making it a real safety hazzard. Breakfast room depressing. Uninspiring breakfast: cornflakes, rice crispies (muesli could be good?), toast plus hot or cold drinks.

• 9th May 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

- quite dirty (especially in corridor and kitchen) - damaged carpet, wallpaper, doors - bad wi-fi - nice staff

Fantastic location and friendly staff. Comfortable bed too!

• 29th Apr 2015

great service, fantastic staff, enough space both in the room and communal area, i just cant list them all. i will definitely recommend friends and family.

• 27th Apr 2015
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Excellent value for money and brilliant location

• 25th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The location was amazing! Staff was very helpful and polite and breakfast was nice ! Only stayed one night but would go back here.

can only comment on the en-suite bathroom in room 24, but I have never seen a more disgusting shower in a hostel in years. had to go and buy flip flops to be able to actually go in there

• 15th Apr 2015

I am very sorry to hear that the cleanliness of the bathroom was not of the high standard expected. We have housekeepers that clean all rooms and bathrooms everyday and they have been informed to pay particular attention the the bathrooms for future reference. Thank you for your feedback.

Good hoste,l amazing location, staff friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast a real added bonus Our room no 17 not the best view and a little tired looking especially the bathroom but bed good and clean, what more could 3 shopped out girls need! We will be back! Thanks Dawnie

See you again soon!

We had a great time at HostelPoint in Brighton. The room was a great size for the five of us and the sea view of the pier couldn't have been better. The staff were friendly and helpful, even when we were a bit late checking out. It was our second stay at the hostel and I'm sure there will be a third. The only thing I can fault is that our room (35) with three large windows had no curtains or blinds, but par that small fact it was a great stay.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Thank you for your feedback; it's great to know you decided to come back and that you will be visiting us again. The curtain issue has been noted and should be sorted out in no timeeee!

Overall Hostelpoint was a great place to stay , I got to wake up and see the ocean in the morning . The staff were amazing , Paul was especially helpful and very charming . The beds are very comfy and the overall cleanliness of the rooms are outstanding . I would stay there again in a heartbeat and will return again with my friends.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • India

Paul is our night porter; although he does work nights and sometimes feels lonely he is always happy to help. A cup of tea generally does the trick to keep him awake! Great to know you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon!

The location is amazing, and the hostel - despite being a bit tatty - was very clean and well kept. It would have been nice to have some more secure storage available. The breakfast was a tad disappointing, just toast or cereal. It would have been nice to have some fruit on offer which I find pretty standard at I'd say the majority or hostels I visit. Overall a good hostel in a great location.

Thank you for the overall excellent rating. Our FREE continental breakfast curretnly includes cereal, toast, mixed jam, nutella, butter, tea, coffee, milk and hot chocolate. We will be looking to add to this in the near future.

We stayed overnight in a double ensuite room. The view & location of the hostel was amazing. Our room was large and clean, would be back again.

Thanks for the feedback - see you again soon!

Staff very friendly and the double room was big and clean, the view from the room was of the pier. Would definitely stay there again!!

• 21st Mar 2015

Greaaaat! See you again soon!

Only one plug worked in the room (private ensuite ) which was very poor considering 2 people were staying and to watch tv and charge 1 phone was impossible let alone 2 phones .. maybe a 4 pin extension lead could be put in the room. Also I think a kettle would be nice as it is a private room, your staff are lovely and I can't fault them, I just feel that at £50 for a private room on 3rd floor with no lift those few extra's would have brought me back again.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • senileandinsane3897

Thank you for your comments - we are in the middle of refurbishing all our private rooms and you should see the new pics on the site soon. All rooms will have additional sockets (USB compatible), 32inch TV, welcome tray, hairdryer, electronic safe and toiletries - We hope you will be back soon to see the improvements! Thanks for the overall high rating :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3