HostelPoint Brighton Reviews

10-12 Grand Junction Road, Brighton, England

can only comment on the en-suite bathroom in room 24, but I have never seen a more disgusting shower in a hostel in years. had to go and buy flip flops to be able to actually go in there

• 15th Apr 2015

I am very sorry to hear that the cleanliness of the bathroom was not of the high standard expected. We have housekeepers that clean all rooms and bathrooms everyday and they have been informed to pay particular attention the the bathrooms for future reference. Thank you for your feedback.

Good hoste,l amazing location, staff friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast a real added bonus Our room no 17 not the best view and a little tired looking especially the bathroom but bed good and clean, what more could 3 shopped out girls need! We will be back! Thanks Dawnie

See you again soon!

We had a great time at HostelPoint in Brighton. The room was a great size for the five of us and the sea view of the pier couldn't have been better. The staff were friendly and helpful, even when we were a bit late checking out. It was our second stay at the hostel and I'm sure there will be a third. The only thing I can fault is that our room (35) with three large windows had no curtains or blinds, but par that small fact it was a great stay.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Thank you for your feedback; it's great to know you decided to come back and that you will be visiting us again. The curtain issue has been noted and should be sorted out in no timeeee!

Overall Hostelpoint was a great place to stay , I got to wake up and see the ocean in the morning . The staff were amazing , Paul was especially helpful and very charming . The beds are very comfy and the overall cleanliness of the rooms are outstanding . I would stay there again in a heartbeat and will return again with my friends.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • India

Paul is our night porter; although he does work nights and sometimes feels lonely he is always happy to help. A cup of tea generally does the trick to keep him awake! Great to know you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon!

The location is amazing, and the hostel - despite being a bit tatty - was very clean and well kept. It would have been nice to have some more secure storage available. The breakfast was a tad disappointing, just toast or cereal. It would have been nice to have some fruit on offer which I find pretty standard at I'd say the majority or hostels I visit. Overall a good hostel in a great location.

Thank you for the overall excellent rating. Our FREE continental breakfast curretnly includes cereal, toast, mixed jam, nutella, butter, tea, coffee, milk and hot chocolate. We will be looking to add to this in the near future.

We stayed overnight in a double ensuite room. The view & location of the hostel was amazing. Our room was large and clean, would be back again.

Thanks for the feedback - see you again soon!

Staff very friendly and the double room was big and clean, the view from the room was of the pier. Would definitely stay there again!!

• 21st Mar 2015

Greaaaat! See you again soon!

Only one plug worked in the room (private ensuite ) which was very poor considering 2 people were staying and to watch tv and charge 1 phone was impossible let alone 2 phones .. maybe a 4 pin extension lead could be put in the room. Also I think a kettle would be nice as it is a private room, your staff are lovely and I can't fault them, I just feel that at £50 for a private room on 3rd floor with no lift those few extra's would have brought me back again.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • senileandinsane3897

Thank you for your comments - we are in the middle of refurbishing all our private rooms and you should see the new pics on the site soon. All rooms will have additional sockets (USB compatible), 32inch TV, welcome tray, hairdryer, electronic safe and toiletries - We hope you will be back soon to see the improvements! Thanks for the overall high rating :)

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were very kind and the guests were really friendly. The hostel has improved a lot since my last visit and I Will be returning again soon. The common area and kitchen are a big bonus.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Romania

Thank you for your feedback. See you again soon!

I wanted to find live music on a Monday night. Staff tried to help by googling and another guest offered a suggestion but both recommendations were a long walk away. Neither had live music on Mondays but I found a bar very near the hostel which did (the mesmerist). Could have saved myself a long walk if staff had local knowledge. No probs otherwise. Same would likely happen at most hotels to be fair.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you for the overall positive rating. There are many bars in Brighton offering live music, from indie to jazz, The Mesmerist is great and located just around the corner (2 mins away)

Good location, good breakfast but it require additional cleaning

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Thank you for your feedback - we have a dedicated team of 4 housekeepers ensuring all the rooms, bathrooms and common areas are cleaned daily. Unfortunately the refurbishment we are undergoing does tend to get a bit messy sometimes!!

Real good deal and the breakfast is really nice

Our aim is to be the best value hostel in Brighton! Offering free breakfast, free WiFi, a large common area and kitchen are just some of the reasons guests choose to book with us! See you again soon!

Very good hostel with friendly and helpful members of staff. Nice place to be.

Amazing location. No curtains in rooms. Breakfast was average

with a little bit off work which i think is being done as i speak this place would be brilliant just needs some updating

• 13th Feb 2015

Thank you for your feedback - Yes, we are in the process of giving this old building a bit of a facelift - It will look great when complete! Hope to see you again sooooon!

HostelPoint are going through renovations so there isn't a great deal of atmosphere in the common rooms and the place looks well like it is in the process of being refurbished. However the staff were good and the rooms did what they needed to do. Also for the price, I would happily stay again. I stayed in a room of 6.

• 13th Feb 2015

Thanks for your understanding, we are going through a few refurbishments which will make your stay even better next time!

Although we stayed in February, our room (24) was very hot-we couldn't open the window or turn off the radiator. The staff insisted the windows opened but even they couldn't do it. A couple of my friends ended up lying in the corridor in the morning to cool down! Other than that, the room was very clean and great location on the seafront with a 2 min walk to restaurants and clubs.

• 7th Feb 2015

Our maintenance guys have been informed about this issue and we will make sure it is resolved as soon as possible. Thanks for the positive feedback overall!

Not clean at all, exposed electrics on the wall near where pillow is - very dangerous

• 7th Feb 2015

Thank you for your feedback - We will have our maintenance guys check up on the room you stayed in to make sure no electrics are exposed.

The hostel has a good weekly rate, especially if you're working in the city, however as there are no extra toilets it doesn't help when you need one quick and the en suite bathroom is being hogged at the time! Breakfasts are the usual fare (cereal, bread/toast, tea/coffee/chocolate, juice, etc.) and you can certainly have your fill for the best part of the day. Staff were great, chatty, and welcoming. I'd certainly stay there again. Oh wait - I will be next month!

We do have one toilet on the ground floor which will be made available to all guests very soon - just needs a bit of TLC first! Thanks for the great feedback - See you again next week!

It was a really great location and me and my friends enjoyed our stay :) considering we were quite young and on a weekend away from home we felt very safe and the staff were extremely nice and helpful towards us. My only concerns would be that there wasn't a proper map of the whole city to explore , would be helpful if you had some. Also the lock on our toilet door wasn't very secure and we were staying with a group of men but there was no need to complain as we only stayed 2 nights.

• 6th Feb 2015

We provide all guests with a free map on check-in, its on the back of your check-in pack :) We will also be placing a large detailed map of Brighton in the reception area very soon. As for the locks on the toilet, I have let our maintenance guys no and this will be fixed immediately. Thanks for the positive feedback!

« first « Prev 1 2 3