HostelPoint Brighton

Very Good 957 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 25-30
20th Feb 2017
4.6

I checked out 10 minutes after checking in. It reeked so much of cigarette smoke and there were drunk middle aged men hanging around the common spaces. It was very uncomfortable and I just had a bad feeling right when I walked in. Fortunately, the staff was kind enough to refund my full two night reservation, which I had not expected. They offered to set me up somewhere else, but I found a better hostel right next to this one. It was really inexpensive but I seriously got terrible vibes there.

• Nikkikrista84
  • England, Mixed Group, 25-30
18th Feb 2017
7.7

We booked 10 beds in total, one complete dorm of 8 and 2 beds in a operate room. The building has good security with card access and manned reception all evening. The room was very worn, with the floorboards in need of some attention. the beds were decent enough, fairly comfy, clean pillows and covers. The bathroom was not nice, the floor was damp, one of the sinks didn't work. Location was superb!!!

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
12th Feb 2017
8.0

Hostel Point is really well located: it's just across the street from Brighton Pier, really close to the Lanes and to nice restaurants and pubs. The female dorm was ok, the bed was comfortable and clean, although I thought the bathroom could have been cleaner. The breakfast was included in the price and it was really good. The common area has nothing but a TV, a kitchen and a couple of sofas. I would totally recommend the Hostel.

• Spain, Female, 18-24
10th Feb 2017
6.0

The location is great, literally near the coach station in front of the beach; The rooms were pretty clean; Really noisy at night so we couldn't sleep properly, people leaving in the room near us were making noise and hitting the walls all night long so it was a bit disgusting; Breakfast is so poor: toast and coffee + juice; The sharing room where the breakfast is served it was so COLD, no heater at all, but the rooms were quite warmth. In short: I've been in better hostels for less.

• England, Female, 41+
4th Feb 2017

I was overall happy with my visit, thank you. Id stay again & recomend to friends.

• England, Male, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017

Great location, friendly and helpful staff. Rooms could do with a little T.L.C. but very clean. Ideal for our party of 16.

• Bulgaria, Female, 41+
28th Jan 2017

I was for one night there and think it was a perfect place for me - perfect location, friendly staff, clean rooms, shower working well, hot water plenty, clean bathroom, clean bed sheets, comfortable beds...My bedroom was so hot, so we have to open the window for the night and I do like it because you can sleep on fresh ear near to the sea...There are other facilities - kitchen etc. but I didn't go there.There is and breakfast but I didn't take it - started from 7:30 but I went out earlier...

24th Jan 2017
5.4

The main reason for his is the Self Catering facilities,the Kitchen was poorly fitted out with utensils, i came to make a meal there was no plates, bowls, knives, forks, spoons. the kitchen and fridge didn't look particularly clean and hygienic. no tea towels to dry up your gear after washing up lack of clean sponges to wash your gear as well. the property does look a fair bit dilapidated i was on the 2nd floor and there was a hand rail that was exceptionally loose.

• New Zealand, Female, 31-40
21st Jan 2017
5.4

The good thing about this hostel is its location. And that's where it stops. Bathroom in reception is absolutely feral. Black mould in shower of the ensuite. Plastic case of the toilet roll holder falls off every time you use, which you have to then pick up off the floor. Bathroom felt unclean and unsanitary. The whole hostel is generally run down and in need of repair or a spruce up. Some staff didn't speak very good English and when asked about sights and transport they were of zero help. YUCK

• Lithuania, Couple, 25-30
15th Jan 2017
3.4

Its not even worth the £7.50 we paid. The lights on our floor werent working and we had to find our room in the dark. There were 9 people in our 8 bed dorm and it just lacked very basic things like forks, plugs in the room and any kind of atmosphere. Depressing vibes, funky smells, but not a bad location at least. Still... cant recommend at all :P