HostelPoint Brighton

Perfect location

• England, Male, 41+
18th Mar 2017
4.9

I stayed the Friday night in a dormitory with my sons and that was very poor but the cost of only 17.50 Pounds a night has to be taken into consideration. The Saturday night I stayed in my own room. One of the windows was slightly open and could neither be closed or locked as the window locks were broken. Thus despite the double glazing street noise was audible. The main door could not be 'bolted' using the 'deadlock' as the hole for the 'deadlock' did not line up with the 'deadlock'.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
16th Mar 2017
8.0

Only cold water but the nice woman behind the counter have us the opportunity to help us to find another hostel. Walls are quite thin so could here people talking in the halls. But overall we really enjoyed our stay there, location is perfect and staff is nice.

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
4.9

No hot water for the duration on our stay, the room was in a horrible condition. The plaster on the walls rubbed off, the curtains barely covered the windows and it was clear the room hadn't been cleaned because there was rubbish under the bed. Some of the stairs leading up to the room were broken which made it quite tricky getting up then with lots of luggage. The only good thing about our room was the view, Just a shame the windows were so dirty. Photos on the website are misleading.

• England, Male, 18-24
11th Mar 2017

Wonderful location and very friendly staff! I would highly recommend this hostel for anyone wanting a weekend away in Brighton, but for those who are planning on merely using the hostel to sleep and shower. Please be aware that you are paying £20, so facilities are what you would expect. The location is absolutely fantastic and to pay £20 to stay opposite the main pier is completely worth it!

• England, Male, 41+
8.0

Unfortunately there was no hot water which was a bit inconvenient but in fairness we were only charged 50% for the room. Room was OK, great location and view.

• England, Male, 25-30
25th Feb 2017
3.4

Very overpriced due to the Brighton Half Marathon weekend. Lights in the room didn't work. Bin wasn't emptied in the bathroom. Intimidating communal area in the kitchen. All in all a really horrible place APART from the excellent location. avoid if you can.

• USA, Female, 25-30
20th Feb 2017
4.6

I checked out 10 minutes after checking in. It reeked so much of cigarette smoke and there were drunk middle aged men hanging around the common spaces. It was very uncomfortable and I just had a bad feeling right when I walked in. Fortunately, the staff was kind enough to refund my full two night reservation, which I had not expected. They offered to set me up somewhere else, but I found a better hostel right next to this one. It was really inexpensive but I seriously got terrible vibes there.

• Japan, Female, 18-24
19th Feb 2017

I mean.. clean bed, bathroom located within room itself. It's good if all you need to do is sleep and get clean.

• Nikkikrista84
  • England, Mixed Group, 25-30
18th Feb 2017
7.7

We booked 10 beds in total, one complete dorm of 8 and 2 beds in a operate room. The building has good security with card access and manned reception all evening. The room was very worn, with the floorboards in need of some attention. the beds were decent enough, fairly comfy, clean pillows and covers. The bathroom was not nice, the floor was damp, one of the sinks didn't work. Location was superb!!!