HostelPoint Brighton Reviews

10-12 Grand Junction Road, Brighton, England

Only one plug worked in the room (private ensuite ) which was very poor considering 2 people were staying and to watch tv and charge 1 phone was impossible let alone 2 phones .. maybe a 4 pin extension lead could be put in the room. Also I think a kettle would be nice as it is a private room, your staff are lovely and I can't fault them, I just feel that at £50 for a private room on 3rd floor with no lift those few extra's would have brought me back again.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • senileandinsane3897

Thank you for your comments - we are in the middle of refurbishing all our private rooms and you should see the new pics on the site soon. All rooms will have additional sockets (USB compatible), 32inch TV, welcome tray, hairdryer, electronic safe and toiletries - We hope you will be back soon to see the improvements! Thanks for the overall high rating :)

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were very kind and the guests were really friendly. The hostel has improved a lot since my last visit and I Will be returning again soon. The common area and kitchen are a big bonus.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Romania

I wanted to find live music on a Monday night. Staff tried to help by googling and another guest offered a suggestion but both recommendations were a long walk away. Neither had live music on Mondays but I found a bar very near the hostel which did (the mesmerist). Could have saved myself a long walk if staff had local knowledge. No probs otherwise. Same would likely happen at most hotels to be fair.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Good location, good breakfast but it require additional cleaning

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Real good deal and the breakfast is really nice

Very good hostel with friendly and helpful members of staff. Nice place to be.

Amazing location. No curtains in rooms. Breakfast was average

with a little bit off work which i think is being done as i speak this place would be brilliant just needs some updating

• 13th Feb 2015

Thank you for your feedback - Yes, we are in the process of giving this old building a bit of a facelift - It will look great when complete! Hope to see you again sooooon!

HostelPoint are going through renovations so there isn't a great deal of atmosphere in the common rooms and the place looks well like it is in the process of being refurbished. However the staff were good and the rooms did what they needed to do. Also for the price, I would happily stay again. I stayed in a room of 6.

• 13th Feb 2015

Thanks for your understanding, we are going through a few refurbishments which will make your stay even better next time!

Although we stayed in February, our room (24) was very hot-we couldn't open the window or turn off the radiator. The staff insisted the windows opened but even they couldn't do it. A couple of my friends ended up lying in the corridor in the morning to cool down! Other than that, the room was very clean and great location on the seafront with a 2 min walk to restaurants and clubs.

• 7th Feb 2015

Our maintenance guys have been informed about this issue and we will make sure it is resolved as soon as possible. Thanks for the positive feedback overall!

Not clean at all, exposed electrics on the wall near where pillow is - very dangerous

• 7th Feb 2015

Thank you for your feedback - We will have our maintenance guys check up on the room you stayed in to make sure no electrics are exposed.

The hostel has a good weekly rate, especially if you're working in the city, however as there are no extra toilets it doesn't help when you need one quick and the en suite bathroom is being hogged at the time! Breakfasts are the usual fare (cereal, bread/toast, tea/coffee/chocolate, juice, etc.) and you can certainly have your fill for the best part of the day. Staff were great, chatty, and welcoming. I'd certainly stay there again. Oh wait - I will be next month!

We do have one toilet on the ground floor which will be made available to all guests very soon - just needs a bit of TLC first! Thanks for the great feedback - See you again next week!

It was a really great location and me and my friends enjoyed our stay :) considering we were quite young and on a weekend away from home we felt very safe and the staff were extremely nice and helpful towards us. My only concerns would be that there wasn't a proper map of the whole city to explore , would be helpful if you had some. Also the lock on our toilet door wasn't very secure and we were staying with a group of men but there was no need to complain as we only stayed 2 nights.

• 6th Feb 2015

We provide all guests with a free map on check-in, its on the back of your check-in pack :) We will also be placing a large detailed map of Brighton in the reception area very soon. As for the locks on the toilet, I have let our maintenance guys no and this will be fixed immediately. Thanks for the positive feedback!

All I wanted for my £9 was a firm mattress, some clean sheets and a hot shower and I got that and more. I didn't recognise the place from all the renovations they have done. Very friendly reception staff who offered me all sorts of tips on where to go etc, through to a lounge with a specific PlayStation area. Threw in a free breakfast along with Wi-Fi and a brand new kitchen. Purely because of the location it won't be long before you see me again.

Thank you for the positive feedback. See you again soon!

spent 2 nights in a 6 bed female dorm. overall experience was fine, but its the location that is the selling point! right across from brighton pier, short walking distance to the lanes, churchill square and about a 15 minute walk from the train station. cleanliness was so - so, a girl in our room told us they had just installed new key card locks and there was sawdust all over our floor, we werent given pillowcases on our pillows and the sheets didnt fit. would recommend for cheap accomodation!

best hostel in brighton!!

• 28th Jan 2015

Thanks for the feedback!

I love this hostel, it's great. I lived here for a long time and it felt like my home. The staff is very friendly and there's a good atmoshpere. If you get boored there is always something to do, watch tv, play video games or just talk to the people who work and live there. And it's very central so you can get anywhere you want in town very easily. I would recomend this place to anyone looking for a hostel to stay at in Brighton. Don't stay in the "only female dorm" though, it sucks.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Thank you for the kind comments - we have taken on board customer comments regarding the pink walls in the female dorm and we have decided to redecorate the room to a bright and clean white! Good luck with your travels!

Great location just opposite the pier. We stayed in a twin room and it was a good size. Walking distance to the town, laines and the night life of west street and the sea front. Everything you need is near by. Not a luxury stay but what you expect for £25 a night. Perfect for people who are primarily going to Brighton for its night life and just want a place to crash. I would reccomend!

• 24th Jan 2015

Thanks for the positive feedback - we always try to ensure our rates are the best in town and offer great value!

Although the password was correct I couldn't access the wi-fi. I have no idea why, but it definitely spoilt my stay badly.

We offer free Wi-Fi in the common area only at the moment - this will soon be rolled out across the entire building including all the rooms.

Excellent hostel, best location in Brighton, comfortable rooms with crisp linen and extremely friendly staff. Can't recommend highly enough

Look forward to welcoming you again soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4