HostelPoint Brighton Reviews

10-12 Grand Junction Road, Brighton, England

Me and a friend came down for Gay Pride and had a perfectly good stay in the Hostel. However we found the male receptionist who was working the night shift (tall, blonde hair, accented) to be extremely rude and unfriendly as he stated that we should have "asked politely to sit down" in the hostel's lobby whilst we waited for our bus. The hostel we had paid for in advance. We were made to feel very uncomfortable and unwanted. Other than that the staff were absolutely lovely.

• 1st Aug 2015

great hostel and great location, best place I have ever stayed. beds were comfy and temperature was great.

Messed up our booking and gave our beds to someone else.Spent over an hour at 3am trying to sort it out and almost had to sleep in a mixed dorm (very uncomfortable with this as two single ladies and had booked an all female form). Eventually sorted a female dorm for us but we had asked numerous times if there were any beds in these & were told no yet suddenly at 4:30am they found some for us. Originally only offered to give us £10 off & we had to negotiate at least 50% off - should've been 100%!

• 28th Jul 2015

Brilliant seaview!

• 26th Jul 2015

Great location next to Laines and opposite Brighton Pier, really friendly staff, good value for money.

Cheap for Brighton and a great location. The bed room was very dated with a old bed and curtains falling off the rails. Staff are great and very friendly. I wouldn't stay there again but if your after somewhere just to put your head down it's fine.

Awesome location, right across the road from the pier. Average hostel, just your bare basics. Room was a bit smelly.

Would definitely stay again.

STAFF are wonderful!

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

Great location, right by the pier and close to many pubs and clubs. Free parking about 20 mins walk away. Really good facilities however if you aren't an early riser then you will miss breakfast... we missed it every morning as they stop serving at 9:30am. They should make this later to ensure people don't miss it. Staff were friendly enough too.

• 18th Jul 2015

Great location, central to everything

• 18th Jul 2015

We had a four-bed room ensuite which was good. Toilet and shower were okay but kitchen should be cleaner. Equipment was okay though. Location is quiet and good for sleeping. The hostel is VERY close by the sea which is great but still the atmosphere in the hostel was ... well, there barely was any. Lack of talkative guests mostly. The breakfast was VERY basic, I'd say poor but I don't expect better at that price. Beds were comfortable but short for tall people.

I stayed here for one night while attending a conference in Brighton. It is a a cheap and serviceable hostel, with fairly spacious rooms. The position is good, although is being so close to the center meant that it was fairly noisy at night. Breakfast is included, but is literally toast and two types of cereal. Overall it was great for a place to crash for the night, but not sure I would want to stay there much longer.

I was very dissapointed with this hostel. It did not live up to its rating. The biggest thing that was missing for me was atmosphere, the hostel was so big that it felt like a hospital, I for one prefer smaller hostels where it is easier to start conversations with people. I did not have a locker in my room despite it being advertised on the hostel´s hostelworld page that it supplies lockers, so I had to leave my laptop e.t.c. at reception - pain in the arse. The staff were great though.

HostelPoint is in a great location and the sea view is amazing to wake up to...even if it is a bit obscured by the exterior renovations. Sadly I think the place has been allowed to fall apart a bit on the inside. The rooms are a decent size but the flooring is coming up and the shower is mouldy, good water pressure though. The "lockers" under the beds arent the most secure as they are just cadges, but they work. The elevator is broken with no plans for repairs. The kitchen is good and clean.

I had a really enjoyable stay, clean friendly good location the only thing was the elevator was not working and I stayed at 4 th floor. Overall exceeded my expectations.

Friendly staff, nutella for breakfast, great view from our dorm. We stayed in a dorm with an ensuite but couldn't find shared bathrooms on the floor which was a minor issue since we all needed the bathroom in the morning.

• 11th Jul 2015

Great location, however more organised events need to occur. This hostel has great potential with a large common room, however, little effort is made on creating atmosphere for guests.

The hostel is really nice, everything went well there was just one problem there's no elevator ! So it's very hard to get to the 3rd floor with your luggage. Anyway my stay was great, thank you for everything !

• 9th Jul 2015

This place is very convenient and a lovely place to stay each time I'm in Brighton. Not usally keen when I get the 4th floor short straw but once I get there the beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are usually in a good condition.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4