8.5
Fabulous 335 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 335 Total Reviews
HostelTrail Located at Carrera 11 No. 4-16, , Popayan.
Colombia
Popayan Cauca 0000 Carrera 11 No. 4-16
85% 335
2.4434595 -76.6104018
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
11th Jan 2017
7.1

Good hostel for a stop over on your way to the boarder. Bathrooms could be cleaner. Breakfast was great, either lovely eggs with toast or granola with toast also. The girl who's works at night could definitely be friendlier, usually only get one word answers. Overall a good hostel if your passing through.

• Germany, Female, 31-40
9th Jan 2017
6.3

The atmosphere wasnt great, the dorm was ok but because of the street very noisy. The breakfast was a good value and the staff very friendly & helpful.

2nd Jan 2017

Excellent hostel. The second time I've stayed here and will definitely stay here again when returning to Popayan. Our double room was huge with great views of the city, and better quality than many hotels. I particularly like the board of bus company information and advice, something I've never seen in any other hostel!

• USA, Couple, 41+
28th Dec 2016

We had a long visit at HostelTrail and our feelings are overwhelmingly positive. The staff couldn't be more amazing, helpful and kind. It is an interesting layout, quirky and we liked it. We had a double ensuite because of our long visit. Nice breakfast, kitchen access and storage and internet. The WiFi was spotty in our room, but we had access enough for what we needed. If you are expecting perfect WiFi (anywhere in Colombia) you probably need to go home. Tours booked through the hostel too!

20th Dec 2016
6.6

It is an OK hostel to stay for a layover. Walkable distance to the bus terminal

• England, Female, 25-30
10th Dec 2016

Helpful staff here and good vibes. Good social areas to meet people and good kitchen. Security lockers have chargers. Bathrooms could have been cleaned more frequently but other than that great stay!

9th Dec 2016
8.0

Decent place, bathrooms coulda used some more attention. Realised post leaving that they charged us the full amount rather then deducting the deposit paid. I also accidentally took the room key with me. My bad.

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
28th Nov 2016

The hostel is very bright and inviting. The owners are friendly and very helpful. It is about a 5 minute walk to the main square and about an 8 minute walk to the bus station, so great location. The kitchen facilities were good. We were in a private room with shared bathroom, there was only one bathroom on our floor which was frequently in use. Not all the rooms use that bathroom but it was busy and we always felt we had to be quick using it. Overall a good stay and would recommend.

• Rettiaj93
  • Italy, Female, 18-24
23rd Nov 2016
8.0

850m from the terminal –perfect walking distance. The only thing I didn't like was that in order to catch the wifi signal I had to go downstairs and then up again to the common room, which was the only place where internet worked. Other than this, everything was fine –clean, hot water, nice staff.

25th Sep 2016

I stayed in a lovely private room, very comfortable bed and sheets and pillows, otherwise basic but nice. Very clean! I didn't have any problem with traffic noise like some of the other reviews mentioned, and I didn't wake up super early. The breakfast is convenient and standard; you can probably find a little more variety around town but I was happy to eat there every morning. My only complaint is that the wifi kept having issues when I was there, but they did keep trying to fix it.