HostelVITA Reviews

Ecce Homo, Cuesta del Realejo, Granada, Spain

This is a fairly new hostel so they are still working on the amenities. Prime location if you want to see La Alhambra! It's not too far from the city center. The beds are comfortable and the area is quiet so you get good sleep. The showers and bathroom are nice. Very safe. The staff usually helps you book activities. They are helpful so just ask. I also got an earlier check in which was a plus. I was referred to this hostel by Manuel who worked in Madrid who now works here!Super nice guy!

Location and Fatima are the best of this hostel

Quite expensive but great staff! The breakfast was a little small. Only poor quality bread and jam. The beds were nice and the showers too!

Hostel says it has a kitchen, it DOES NOT have a kitchen. It has pictures of a kitchen but we never saw what was in the pictures and when we asked if we could use the kitchen we were told we could not. Breakfast is very basic, cornflakes and toast with jam. Also the showers had very limited hot water, ran out of hot water after two people showered in our 10 person dorm. Good location and clean but unlikely to recommend due to these issues.

• 11th Apr 2015

This was an excellent hostel! The staff were very friendly and helpful, it was very close to the Alhambra and the facility was clean, open, and comfortable. The only downside was that we had to share a single toilet and shower stall among eight people but this shouldn't be a problem if everyone is considerate of one another. Additionally, the door to the bathroom did not lock or even shut all the way, but otherwise everything was lovely. Would definitely stay there again.

One bathroom for 12 people is a little crazy

Juan was great. Fatimah was great. Locations great. Just a few minutes from al hambra. But its a climb tho. A good one. So I wouldn't mind. Would be better if the rooftop is well decorated and are open 24/7

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Very nice, updated and clean hostel very close to the Alhambra. Staff was nice and helpful, but was missing from the desk for decently long stretches of time, leaving us waiting at the door for a couple minutes at one point and leaving our bags - that we paid to be kept safe - sitting out in the open. We also stayed in a six-bed room that only had two lockers - needs more than that and they need to give you the key to it with the room key. Some of the electrical outlets in the room didn't work.

Had a great stay in this hostel. Can't say how friendly the staff were, especially Fatima who did everything she could to help us in any way at all. She was great at giving directions on where to go, things to see etc. Free breakfast is a plus too. It's about a 5min walk from the hostel to the main area of granda.

The hostel was great. The staff was always super nice. Free wifi and very fast. The hostel is in a great location close to the Alhambra just a 5 minute walk uphill, and any other location in the city center. Clean room and very nice lobby. If ever in Granada again I would definitely be back!

Very close to the alhambra, a nice terrace and a friendly atmosphere.

This place has an amazing and friendly staff that helped us map out where to go and what to do in Granada. Very comfortable atmosphere. Great location--not a far walk from the Cathedral, la Alhambra, etc. Highly recommended!

Hostel VITA is a very nice hostel right at the foot of the Alhambra (approximately 15 minutes to walk up hill). Great things about Hostel VITA: 1. The awesome rooftop! Probably the second nicest sunset in Granada (the nicest ist probably from San Nicolas with the Alhambra in sight), 2. The staff! Super friendly and very fascinating people. The owners are renovated a house all by themselves into a very modern and nice hostel!, 3. Super clean and nice atmosphere!

• 5th Mar 2015

We arrived to the hostel 20 minutes past the latest time we could check in (12:00am). But when we called the number on the front door (Juan), he came out of his house nearby and happily checked us in. The facility was clean and very nice. On our last morning there, another staff offered to make us coffee. Even long after we checked out, they let us stay in the lounge until they closed before we departed to the bus station. Highly recommend. One of the best hostels we've stayed in.

• 26th Feb 2015

I spend in hostel vita two day and I meet there lot of nice people. The atmosphere was great! And the man on reception is perfect man! It is cheap and location is perfect. I recommend to all peopel! :) See you soon.

Pros: the location is great! 10 min walking from Alhambra! Clean and safe! The staff is very helpful! Cons: the wifi wasn't the best in the rooms and I was super cold the first night in my room because the heater wasn't workinng very fast;however, the staf member did fix it by the second night(It is February). Breakfast is super simple-but I guess it was free- toast and cereals. Overall my experience here was good!

The lockers are a bit small for an average backpack, but it was very nice that I was shown all the places on the Map in Granada and around. Very nice personal and friendly atmosphere.

My three friends and I had a great stay at HostelVITA! When we checked in, the staff was super friendly and she recommended a bunch of things to do in Granada. We loved the location and it was less than a ten minute walk from the Alhambra. Rooms were modern and felt clean.

Good value hostel. Comfy beds. Warm rooms with heaters. Shower/toilet in same room which can be inconvenient at peak times. Wifi patchy on upper levels. Clean & light hostel. However lacks atmosphere - but that could be winter! Great location near the Alhambra.

Great hostel! Nice location in the old Realejo neighbourhood close to many bars and places to eat. The staff there is friendly, the hostel is quite new and looks clean and modern. Only downside: I came in january and it was icecold at night in the rooms. But for the rest I definetely advice it to everyone!

• 29th Jan 2015