Hostelche Reviews

Kralja Petra 8, Apt 7, Belgrade, Serbia

Everything is great about this hostel, it is very easy to meet people, very chill atmosphere, and by far the best and friendliest staff I have seen after visiting more than 50 hostels across Europe!!

Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a bit poor (cereal did not taste so good). The rooms were very clean and were cleaned often. A bit of a pity that there's only 1 bathroom and 1 toilet. The living area is in the centre of the rooms, which makes it easier to mingle with others and make friends. the hostel is next to the attractions. Overall it is good value for money. Thank you for your hospitality!

• 10th Jan 2016
  • Malta

This hostel has it all: it's small and cozy decorated, well situated, cheap, great to meet other travellers, and has such a nice atmosphere, mostly because of the great staff. One of the best hostel experiences I've ever had all over the world, Thank you!

one of the best hostels I've ever been!

• 5th Jan 2016
  • Turkey

I can't recommend this hostel highly enough. The staff are super friendly and helpful and always go out of their way to help guests out. It was my second stay, having first visited for a few days more than a year ago but the owner instantly remembered me and made me feel like an old friend. The location is ideal: very central but quiet. Great communal area, which makes you feel like you are in someone's home and very clean. I will definitely be visiting this hostel again whenever I'm in Belgrade

• 3rd Jan 2016

Staff were all very friendly and welcoming, they helped out all the time on what to see, where to eat, or transportation (which I was not able to find from my guidebook and very helpful!) Great location also, close to the main pedestrian Knez Mihailova. Lovely place to stay!

Had a great time at the hostel with such an amazing staff and (luckily) with other cool guests. Cozy hostel that gives you the chance to interact with other hosts. They really care about making you feel like part of the family. I totally recommend it

Hostel had a really great atmosphere due to the hosts as well as the free rakija. Definately a great place to stay at while in belgrade

The staff was very kind, made us feel pretty comfortable. They have free Rakija, the local drink, that was very nice. The only problem is that there is only one shower for the hole hostel, and sometimes there was no hot water, which during the winter is much worse. Despite that, I definitely enjoyed my stay and recommend it.

It was just awesome, i really liked all of the staff and the common room was really good and connected to the kitchen! i was very happy to have chosen this hostel. it didnt feel like a hostel it more felt like a home (i also really liked the wodden floor)

Really good hostel! The staff was always there to answer any questions that we had. They recommended restaurants, clubs which we tried and were satisfied with. They also upgraded us from a 7-beds room to a 5-beds room (as we were a group of 5) for free. The location is really good and so was the atmosphere of the hostel: it's small and well-designed so you feel at home. Only thing missing was another bathroom. But then again, great value for money, we'll be back!

• 4th Dec 2015

Great atmosphere, it doesn't really feels like hostel, feels more like you found your lost home in Belgrade. Definitely worth every penny.

Wonderful hostel! Places like these are becoming all the more precious as the bland bunk bed hotels take over Europe. Thanks to all the staff for making Hostelche what it is, hopefully see you soon! Christopher

• 21st Nov 2015

Great staff !! Feeling like at home... Lovely free Rakija ! :)

Is a place you can feel home ambient, has friendly and helpful staff. Also most of the tourist attractions are short walking distance away. The place that you'll never regret accomodating.

Excellent hostel. Awesome staff, Namanje took us out for breakfast and on a tour of the city after his shift had finished because our room wasn't ready when we arrived. Great atmosphere and kitchen, highly recommended

I ended up staying here for 9 nights, and it felt like home. It's small so we were all able to talk and hang out, which was really great. Everything was spotless, including the bathrooms. The staff here is incredible. You will love each and every one of them. Have some of Mika's French toast, and a drink with Mina, or just talk to any of them and you'll be so happy you stayed. The location is perfect for nightlife and local food. Tourist spots close by too. Stay here. You will not regret it!!!!!

I stayed for seven nights in this awesome little hostel. It's close to some amazing places to eat and just a block away from the main tourist trap pedestrian zone. The fortress park is right across the street and the old bohemian quarter is a pleseant 15 min walk. Party boats are easily accessible and that only seems like a 10 min walk at most. The bus/train station is 10-15 min away. The staff here is AMAZING! They are very helpful and welcoming. Only 3 dorms makes the whole hostel interact.

More like a shared apartment than a hostel which works really well. Staff were all very friendly, more than happy to help and get involved. Fantastic location, 2 mins from the main predestrian street and 5 from the Republic square. Would highly recommend :)

After two months of travelling around Europe this was easily our favourite hostel. There are three dorms around a central lounge, kitchen and balcony area which makes the hostel very social and so easy to meet other travellers at. The free rackia was amazing and the group nights out were unbelievably good fun. Most of all the staff were true gems and made us feel at home. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• 4th Sep 2015