Hostelgate Reviews

Aušros vartų 17-1, Vilnius, Lithuania

Hostelgate is a place that should be required. The staff is amazing. They were so kind to provide me with very useful information about Vilnius. Moreover as my bus was lately in the evening the very nice staff allowed me to stay in the hostel and even to drink a tea! I am so thankful to them. The sauna was amazing. Hostelgate provides what they offer as a hostel and even more!!!Thank you again Hostelgate and see you soon again:)

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Bulgaria

They had a very nice Sauna we used alot.

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • Sweden

Perfect location, nice and helpful staff, our room was nicely decorated in a medieval style - even an axe was stuck in a wall. The kitchen is very spacious and well equipped. If you are fed up with sightseeing, you can always rest in a social room and play a table football. There was a little bit cold, in particular in bathrooms. Entering the hostel, you have to put off your shoes and leave on stairs. Going out and putting feet in a cold shoe is not comfortable.

The staff couldn't arrange a safety locker for us as the keys were already given out and some one got more than one locker, they couldn't track the keys of lockers that weren't being used. Although we booked two beds in a 6 bed room we were not given beds close to each other. We were later allowed to chose a bed after some people checked out, which was nice. Else very helpful staff! One of the bathrooms did not have a hook on the door to hang clothes, that could be improved.

I really enjoyed my stay. It is a very nice hostel.

Everything was good. Good hostel. Administrator was nice!! Unfortunately the name I did not memorize. But extraordinarily pleasant girl - thank you. I love you!!) 4 - bed room 5-6 Dec 2015

Absolutely worth the visit for that price. Located in the old-town not too far from the train-staition (can be reached by foot in 10 minutes). The rooms and bathrooms were clean, the kitchen is not too small and the leisure-area is really cozy. Recommended!

• 4th Dec 2015

Pretty normal but good hostel.

Can without problem recommend to to stay at Hostel Gate.

This is the 2nd time i stayed in Hostelgate and there is a pretty good reason for that. Everything is still great about this hostel. Clean, good location, friendly staff, nice for solo travellers and meeting people. You can read my first review for more info.

This hostel was very well located and the staff were always so happy and helpful, I already went back again to stay here on my way back out of the Baltics

Simply superb ;)

Location is just perfect, female 5-bed dorm has enough space for everyone and it has a nice view. Staff was friendly with some good tips for places to eat and drink, as well what to see and where. Big common room and kitchen :)

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Croatia

Hostelgate really surprised me and its the best hostel i stayed in Vilnius.Rooms/toilets are very clean and they have one of the coolest showers that sprays water from everywhere.Wifi is working perfectly everywhere and they have a big kitchen with all the necessary tools for cooking.The common area is pretty cool and its a nice place to meet people if you are travelling solo (at least i did).The stuff is very friendly and helpfull and they even joined us for a night out.I will be back for sure

THe hostel was a bit cold...

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Chile

The hostel felt a little industrial, not at all warm and friendly. My bathroom (on the top floor) was awkward and cramped, and not meant to be a bathroom. The atmosphere in the common area was unpleasant and uncheerful, and the lighting was poor. On the bright side, I was there on a Tuesday night and had a 5 person room to myself, and the hostel's location is quite good. The staff were nice and let me keep my backpack in the lobby as long as I needed after I checked out.

This is a lovely hostel. They let me check in early because the room happened to be ready, told me everything I needed to know, and recommended things to do in Vilnius. They even helped me print my bus ticket (I'd signed up for an airport transfer when booking a Wizz flight, which incidentally was a mistake: it's cheaper to just buy a ticket on the bus, at least if you're flying from Vilnius, and that would have saved hassle with printing the ticket). Thank you!

Thank you very much for everything, especially to Simona (hope I didn't mishear her name), who was very kind and took her time to explain the directions to tv tower, and other good places.

Great place. Great location. Great staff. Only thing they could add would be a breakfast in the morning

Excellent hostel. Good location. Inside the old town and in the directions of the train and bus station. The staff helps with schedule for buses and trains and with a lot more. My only negative comment is bathrooms. It was every small – at least the one I visited, maybe there was more.