Hostell Nikolla Reviews

ANTE KOVACICA 6, Split, Croatia

I'm glad we only stayed one night, as in the morning we were both covered in bites! The staff did not make us feel welcomed as they seemed to want to rush us off without explaining anything as we did not know that the room we paid for was far away from the actual hostel up back alleys. The locks were very stiff and had a lack of sockets. I would not be leaving poor feedback if the price was lower, but I feel for the price we paid, the room should have been cleaner, staff friendlier and secure.

My wife and I stayed a week, and were very satisfied with everything. The owners were very helpful and cheerful, the room was very clean and spacious, the bed was extremely comfortable, the kitchen was well stocked with a lot of dishes and a large refrigerator (best to label it, as some of the other guests ate some of my unlabeled food). Perfect location. It is close to the old town and the bus station, and an forested park and beaches in the other direction.

The room was very comfortable and clean with air conditioning. There was an en suit and as small kitchenette. It is close to the city and the beach. I left my phone there by accident and the owners where kind enough to send it back to me via mail - THANK YOU!!

Stayed for one night, booked on the day. Got a apartment a few meters away from the main hostel. Nikollas wife was very friendly, giving us directions and recommendations to all kinds of things, even told us were to find good food for dinner, considering we arrived around 10-11 in the evening. My bed was good, a convertible couch as we where 3, but amazing after a day of traveling. The other double bed was more comfortable. Just of the main a alley connecting to the main shopping street

The lady was very nice and helpful, and the room was pretty nice. The bathroom was very small but doable. The locations was great because it's about a 5-7 min walk from the Bay Area but about a 20 min walk to the beaches and bars. Other than that I would say it was nice but I'm not a picky traveler.

We spent just one night at Nikolla but were very pleased with our stay, the location was great with good atmosphere and the room nice & clean! Good value for money!

I stayed here with 3 friends in our own private room, the rooms where clean and and the hostel was in a great location in the old town, the owner picked us up and dropped us off at the airport for a small fee, which was very helpful. Would stay again.

The owner misread our reservation and made us pack up all of our things a day early and move to a much further and more expensive property for our final night. she wasnt apologetic and was convinced we were asking to extend our stay, despite us having our hostelworld print out. very frustrating. it was also quite damp in our room and very noisy outside. was disappointed based off other reviews and pictures online. furthermore, only one outlet worked in the room. not great.

"Nikkola" was the cream of the cream. Our suite looked as though we were the first people to ever use it. Completely renovated and sparkling with cleanliness. Private bath, private terrace and SO reasonably priced! There's a communal kitchen which you can use with a shared fridge to keep your groceries (kitchen should probably be on the cleaners list of duties as not all residents are as thoughtful as they should be). Exceptional value!! Great innkeepers. Memorable stay! LOVED IT!

• 6th May 2015

It was quite allright. Not perfect, or fancy, but it sure run it cause; a bed and a bathroom. In that pricerange we have had mutch better, but then again we have had mutch worse. Great location! Nice owners. AC and WiFi as promised. Little stowe (not a full kitchen but we didnot have any use for it any). Only bad thing was that bathroom drains we smelly. But room its self and the bed and the linen and the towels etc were clean, so minor complaint.

Hostell Nikolla was a great base for our few days in Split. Amazing location right on the edge of Diocletian's Palace within walking distance to great hiking, restaurants, and the ferry to islands Hvar/Brač. The owners couldn't have been nicer. Highly recommend for students and other young people looking for a great value. Thank you Hostell Nikolla!

• 24th Mar 2015

Although it was hard to find, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The owner was very helpful, even letting us borrow her phone to call a train company to track down a lost item. We would highly recommend staying here.