Hostell Nikolla Reviews

ANTE KOVACICA 6, Split, Croatia

over all a great spot. the location is amazing. found there wasn't a community feel just had your own rooms. also found it hard to find. would stay again if going to Dubrovnik

was really great stayed there, i feeled like im my home. eu, minha mae e minha tia agradecemos muito. venham ao brasil

• 26th Jul 2015

Room very dirty full of insects on the floor and in the roof. The hostel smells bad and some of the personal of the hotel need a dairy shower. It's like a room of somrone who decide to rent it.Doesnt seem a hostel. Moreover you only can pay by cash.They dont accet credict card and this point being in europe is stranger. This thinks happend in far away villages of Africa.Maybe because is " black money" or to not pay tax..i dont know. I wouldnt host in this place never more. far from the center

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Spain

The staff was extremely helpful and attentive to anything we needed. We had a lot of space (which was amazing after staying on a boat for one week), a kitchenette, and two restrooms for us to share! The office even called our taxis to have them take us to the airport when we were ready. The location was wonderful and convenient, and it was exactly the relaxation we needed!

Absolutely amazing! It was in the perfect location. They arranged for a taxi to pick us up from the airport, showed us a map of the whole area and reccommended places to see and eat, and even allowed us to keep our bags there for the day after checking out. Each staff member was happy to help and the atmosphere they created in the lodge was so welcoming and relaxing. The room was better than I imagined- we has our own kitchen area which was useful, and it was so clean.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Wales

This hostel is not what I was expecting at all. Reception is a wife and husbands lounge room with a few rooms below them. Other rooms are located in different buildings a few streets away. The wife was very nice and helpful and there is plenty of security with the room able to lock. The location is a bit awkward to find and taxi drivers have no idea where it is. We only stayed here for 1 night but I wouldn't suggest staying for more then two. The rooms have air con which is great in Croatia.

The room we had was totally different from the web photos. The room is someone house, the landlord was very grumpy. Not value for money at all.

The hostel was a bit out from the town centre and difficult to find, however the staff were great and extremely helpful. One of the owners came and got us from the old town to make sure we found the correct hostel. The rooms were basic but very clean. The security features were average - we didn't have a safe to store passports, just a key to our rooms.

It was 35 degrees and the air conditioner was useless. The woman working assured me it was working but it only hummed....very frustrating!

We arrived very late - 10.45pm following a delayed train from Zagreb. We were greeted with kindness and a minimum of fuss. Our accommodation was in another street from the address we'd been given, so our hostess led us there on foot. We stayed in a charming, slightly old-fashioned bungalow which looked as if someone's elderly relative had prepared it for guests. It was spotlessly clean, spacious, and with efficient air-conditioning. Would strongly recommend.

Great place right in the center of Split. Close to the palace and the beach. We had a big and spacious room and a very nice balcony. There is also a little kitchen for the guests to use which was very comfortable.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Israel

I'm glad we only stayed one night, as in the morning we were both covered in bites! The staff did not make us feel welcomed as they seemed to want to rush us off without explaining anything as we did not know that the room we paid for was far away from the actual hostel up back alleys. The locks were very stiff and had a lack of sockets. I would not be leaving poor feedback if the price was lower, but I feel for the price we paid, the room should have been cleaner, staff friendlier and secure.

Stayed in a private two room apartment and it was perfect! Like having your own apartment!

My wife and I stayed a week, and were very satisfied with everything. The owners were very helpful and cheerful, the room was very clean and spacious, the bed was extremely comfortable, the kitchen was well stocked with a lot of dishes and a large refrigerator (best to label it, as some of the other guests ate some of my unlabeled food). Perfect location. It is close to the old town and the bus station, and an forested park and beaches in the other direction.

The room was very comfortable and clean with air conditioning. There was an en suit and as small kitchenette. It is close to the city and the beach. I left my phone there by accident and the owners where kind enough to send it back to me via mail - THANK YOU!!

Stayed for one night, booked on the day. Got a apartment a few meters away from the main hostel. Nikollas wife was very friendly, giving us directions and recommendations to all kinds of things, even told us were to find good food for dinner, considering we arrived around 10-11 in the evening. My bed was good, a convertible couch as we where 3, but amazing after a day of traveling. The other double bed was more comfortable. Just of the main a alley connecting to the main shopping street

The lady was very nice and helpful, and the room was pretty nice. The bathroom was very small but doable. The locations was great because it's about a 5-7 min walk from the Bay Area but about a 20 min walk to the beaches and bars. Other than that I would say it was nice but I'm not a picky traveler.

We spent just one night at Nikolla but were very pleased with our stay, the location was great with good atmosphere and the room nice & clean! Good value for money!

I stayed here with 3 friends in our own private room, the rooms where clean and and the hostel was in a great location in the old town, the owner picked us up and dropped us off at the airport for a small fee, which was very helpful. Would stay again.

The owner misread our reservation and made us pack up all of our things a day early and move to a much further and more expensive property for our final night. she wasnt apologetic and was convinced we were asking to extend our stay, despite us having our hostelworld print out. very frustrating. it was also quite damp in our room and very noisy outside. was disappointed based off other reviews and pictures online. furthermore, only one outlet worked in the room. not great.