Hostella Female Only Reviews

Via Gaeta 70, Rome, Italy

This is one of the best hostels that I have ever stayed in Europe. The staff is always trying her very best to keep the rooms clean and tidy. I would give 10/10 for her helpfulness , generosity and enthusiasm.

I really liked my stay here. It had a great common area/kitchen and terrace, which only my cousin and I used so there wasn't much chance for socializing. Delicious breakfast to start the day, comfy beds, helpful staff, I'd definitely stay there again.

Hostella is by far the best value for your money hostel I have come across in my stay in Italy. They include breakfast (for this price very few hostels include breakfast and pastries throughout the day) wifi, computer use, and AC in the price. You have your own "suite" equipped with a kitchen, quite clean bathroom, and computer. There are 4 beds in each room, and the service is very good. I highly recommend this hostel. As a female traveler, I felt safe.

• 17th May 2015

Great hostel right near the train station! I was lost and arrived 15 minutes after check in, terrified that I would be locked out, but the man at reception had waited up for me and was extremely helpful. Very clean, very cute, overall great hostel.

This hostel is located conveniently close to the train station. The side I stayed in could use a bit of updating, perhaps some fresh paint. The other side, where reception is, appears newer. Street noise is a bit of an issue, particularly garbage collection in the wee hours of the morning. This may not be an issue if you come from a big city. Staff were welcoming and helpful. Nice to have a basic breakfast included. All in all, a good option for a solo traveller on a budget.

One of the best hostels ever! amazing staff!

Fantastic. I was in a four bed room which was was huge, very light and airy. The bathrooms were great. Good breakfast. I would definitely go back when in Rome again. Close to the Termini but the area did not feel sketchy.

An excellent location near to the railway station with a good breakfast (fresh croissants, yoghurt, juice, tea and coffee) and very clean! The staff at the evening was super nice (and much more helpful than the one in the morning...) - she recommended and reserved me a table at a wonderful Italian restaurant nearby! Some small suggestions: the covers for the bed sheets should have a zipper or some buttons; a shelf in the bathroom would help to place one's clothes etc. more easily

Great location near a metro/bus station. The staff was very helpful in giving us tips about things to do in Rome. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and comfortable and safety was never a concern.

• 29th Apr 2015

Very very nice bathrooms. AC wasn't that quality and you could hear a lot of the street noise. Overall good experience.

I had such a lovely stay at Hostella. The staff were lovely, and so helpful. The location was very good too! Very pleased with the service and cleanliness. Only thing I would recommend is to have a more secure luggage storage (locked door perhaps) and fresh fruits instead of the ones that were a bit old (a few were off). I really appreciate the helpfulness of the staff and flexibility.

It's a really nice hostel, located near Roma termini, but very quiet, you can have a really nice rest here. The staff here are very helpful and kind, friendly.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • China

This is my third time staying at this hostel. I keep going back to it since it is so convenient to Termini, it's clean, the staff are lovely, and it feels safe, being a women-only hostel. Definitely a good value.

This place was in a great location, very secure and close to everything. The breakfast wasn't great, just some croissants (which weren't good) and fruit. The staff were incredibly friendly! I loved the female only atmosphere!

Ladies at the desk were great! First Hostel and it made a great first impression. Will go back, if in Rome :)

• 11th Apr 2015

The only problem that I found is that the atmosphere is a little bit too quiet. Nobody is there talking with anybody. And other thing is that some beds are too close between them that is weird if you don't know the other person. On the other hand, the location and the security are very good.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Spain

It's the best hostel that we've ever lived. The staff very beautiful and nice. the kitchen very clean, the room very graceful and clean. we really had a good time there. 非常好,物美价廉,最好的青旅!

The staff can make or break a hostel experience and the staff here offered to help with every little problem. The young man spent a lot of time helping me get a train ticket online that had a lot of tricky computer glitches. The whole stay there was peaceful, quiet and supportive Thank you all very much for everything!

Great hostel for a solo female traveler -- staff were very friendly, facilities were clean, breakfast was great (croissants, yogurt, coffee, tea, fruits) for the price of the hostel. No bunk beds! Located a few minutes away from the Termini and Repubblica stations.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are minimal but vwery confortable. Good italian breakfast.