Hostella Female Only Reviews

Via Gaeta 70, Rome, Italy

Excellent location rooms are very nice and very clean. The lock out is a little annoying but the staff and location make up for it. Nice kitchen to cook meals. Will definitely stay here again.

The staff at Hostella were very friendly and welcoming. They explained what train to catch to get around and how to purchase tickets. It is a great location, a 5min walk to the central train station. The bed was very comfortable.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Only a small hostel so cannot expect the hostel to provide entertainment/trips like the big hostels. Excellent staff and hostel in general.

just perfect!

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. Staff are friendly and helpful. Located centrally, very safe and with good quality facilities incl lockers, wifi, kitchen, included breakfast, outdoor terrace and luggage storage. I would recommend highly to all female travellers.

Very friendly staff, no big sign for the hostel, which a bit difficult to find

Was in a beautiful big room that could have fit way more beds........but it smelt like cigarette smoke.

Overall this was a very good hostel. Nice and clean. Staff were super friendly. Good location, close to Termini, but a little tricky to find since there is no sign. Make sure to follow the directions provided in the confirmation email. One things I experienced is that this isn't a super social hostel, or maybe the days that I was there, people weren't really into meeting new people to hang out with.

• 7th Sep 2014

This was the first time I had ever stayed at a hostel (because I was afraid that I'd be murdered or robbed) but I had a wonderful time. The staff was friendly and helped me find my way around the city, the breakfast was great, I felt safe, and the other women staying there were so much fun. I highly, highly, recommend this hostel. It's so close to restaurants, markets, and Termini. You couldn't ask for a better location. Ladies, this is where you want to stay in Rome.

• 1st Sep 2014

Hostel la was amazing. The staff was friendly and very helpful, great breakfast and good location. I met a lot of people here and and would definitely go back! Thanks Hostella!

I'll just start by saying that Hostella Female Only has the nicest bathrooms I've seen in a hostel. It was a very nice thing to have at the end of my trip! I would recommend for solo travelers wanting a quiet place to stay. Even though it was quiet, the atmosphere was friendly. The location is excellent, particularly if you are arriving or leaving Rome from Termini.

I loved this place. My best stay in Italy, great value for money, clean, bright, it actually felt comfortable. Breakfast was delicious too. Thank you!

It is clean and cosy and definitely place to stay when next time in Rome.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

I had a fantastic stay at Hostella Female Only for 6 nights. The staff were fantastic, when I arrived they provided a map then went on to specifically show me the best sights to see, places to eat etc .It was in a great location - close to termini station, and easily walkable to most sights. The kitchen and bathrooms were always kept clean. Breakfast was great. Although it was considerably quieter than most other hostels, it was a nice change and I felt incredibly safe staying there!

• 29th Jul 2014

As a solo female traveller, this hostel was the perfect place to spend my first night in Rome after a long day travelling. You can't get in the front door without being buzzed through by hostel staff and there is another locked door between you and the hostel so security is excellent. Lockers were a good size and the room was spotless. The only negative was that it was extremely quiet. This is not the place to go if you're looking to make friends but it does feel safe and peaceful.

This is the top 2 best hostel I've ever stayed with! The place is incredibly clean and nice! I had a most pleasant stay!

• 10th Jul 2014
  • China

Really helpful staff and a comfortable, secure place to stay in Rome. I thoroughly recommend this hostel.

• 30th Jun 2014

It is a very good hostel for girls.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Really excellent hostel, the rooms are very big so it is really nice to relax in there with the air conditioning on after a hot day in Rome. Bathrooms were clean, there is a computer and a printer to use. Free breakfast was good, yoghurt and croissant. There is a nice terrace as well to sit outside. Free wifi was good quality, could have a skype conversation clearly. Probably one of th best I have stayed at. Female only is a nice touch too.

I was only there one night but everything went smoothly. The bus station and metro stop are nearby so it wasn't too bad getting around. They have great internet though!