Hostella Female Only Reviews

Via Gaeta 70, Rome, Italy

Should provide some more in free breakfast. Other hostels with free breakfast have much more food.

• 12th Jan 2016

This is the cleanest and most comfortable hostel I have seen. Perfect location, kind staff, quiet, safe environment. Just wonderful!

Love, love, love this place! Clean, staff is super helpful and kind! Excellent place, I highly recommend it.

This is a good spot if you're just looking for somewhere to rest your head at night. Breakfast is included, which is nice, but it's not a very social hostel. Everyone kept to themselves for the most part. The accommodations were nice but the decor was super cheesy. If you like pink, pretty ponies, rainbows and flowers then it's the spot for you! The location was decent but definitely not very close to many of the tourist spots.

I wasn't impressed with this hostel and I probably woundn't return. The wifi didn't reach my bed and the "extender" wasn't working. The breakfast was nothing special. The staff was ok, but not super helpful. I also found it strange that there were men working at the front desk, which is located in the living area and near the bathrooms, when this is marketed as a women's hostel. People tend to keep to themselves here, so it wasn't so lively. And my room was colder than I prefer.

We had a great stay at Hostella! It was so easy to find from Termini Station and it felt extremely safe to walk there at any time of day or night. It's walking distance from the Colosseum and Roman Forum and a quick train ride to the Vatican via the Metro at Termini. The staff was very friendly and gave us a map with our location and how to get around best. We stayed in a 3 bed dorm, it was so clean and amazing to not have a bunk bed! We met some amazing people thanks to the common area as well!

The staff were very friendly and helped me to make an itinerary, gave me a map and suggestions of routes to visit Rome in 3 days. The place was cozy and served amazing croissants in the breakfast. The room was also cozy and friendly room mates, the only thing that was annoying is there was a sound of water drops (maybe from AC or heater) that kept dropping near my window all night long and was annoying in sleeping. Otherwise, my stay there was really great.

Staff is helpful and very friendly. I had some good conversations with one of the women at the front desk. The breakfast is not extraordinary, but it's what I understand to be a typical breakfast in Italy.

The staff were extremely nice and helpful to me. The hostel is clean and comfortable, and has a very safe atmosphere. The free breakfast was great, and it was overall a very comfortable experience, although I only stayed one night. There are lockers for your things, excellent clean, private bathrooms and showers, well-stocked kitchen. The neighborhood is full of hotels and didn't seem necessarily "cool and happening," but for a hostel to rest and relax, this is perfect. Great transport links.

Nice small all female hostel. Good location near train station plus easy to walk to many sights. Very clean. I like a firm bed so slept really well here. Croissants for breakfast were good. Not a lot of social interaction between guests but having quiet was good for a change.

We are on the off season so there wasnt to many people but staff was amazing and we got some amazing food recommendation. We rebooked for a few more nights since it was a great base.

The hostel is homey and clean, especially the bathroom; also there are enough sockets in the room~ we really enjoyed our stay there.

The host Anna was very welcoming and offered great help during my stay. The location was very convenient, only 5 mins walk from Rome Termini station and 20 mins from the major attractions. I enjoyed my stay in a 3 bed ensuite room and the free breakfast provided.

Clean and nice hostel. Staffs are friendly. Supermarket nearby and closed to Termini station.

Hostella Female Only was a perfect stop-over for my long journey from Perugia to the Amalfie Coast. The location is literally a 5 minute walk from Roma Termini (train station); the staff were very welcoming and helpful; and the facilities were enough for my one night stay.

• 10th Oct 2015

Only stayed one night, staff was incredibly friendly. Atmosphere is a little lacking but I think I just happened to be there with other girls who don't really want to make friends. Good place though, very clean!

The reception is friendly and accommodating. They lent many accessories such as adaptors and locks for free. The guests are generally quiet and reserved, but the host is friendly, so you can choose to be a quiet traveller or chat w the host.

• 3rd Oct 2015

Really user but otherwise a good place to stay.

It was definitely a great experience!! It is a nice place with few rooms and the rooms are not with a lot of beds so you can sleep easily! Great staff, specially Ana who was taking a lot of care in details... If i come back to Rome i will go back to Hostella

Ana was really nice and made me feel at ease when i reached the hostel. She suggested that I leave some belongings in the locker because my bag looked too heavy to be walking around with. This hostel is a really nice hostel for a first time female traveller. It will be better to have more hooks and racks for hangers and clothes. The kitchen is well equipped.