Hostelle - Female Only Hostel Reviews

Frankemaheerd 2, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Clean and modern. Adequate space. Kitchen quite small and cramped. Communal area nice, relaxing and friendly. Good wifi connection. Showers and toilets nice. Location wise this is a good 20 mins out of city. However the links are really easy. I used metro to central station and then tram around town. Will def be staying again.

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

The staffs are really nice.

• 25th Aug 2015

I really enjoyed my stay! I felt safe and enjoyed the quiet environment to relax in, especially after a long day of being surrounded by loud tourists. It was exactly what I was looking for. :)

• 21st Aug 2015

The kitchen is WAY too small for 100+ guests, especially since breakfast is not provided! Completely packed with people from 7-10 am. If you like to cook at hostels, this is not the place for you. 3 out of 4 days the food I bought the night before was missing in the morning. The common area is also too small, crowded, and noisy at night. Beds are very loud and rickety. Only one light per room. Only small size rental bikes. Overpriced, even for Amsterdam. It was clean and safe, though.

The dom is just too small and there's not enough space for your personal stuffs. Bed is not comfortable. 50 Euro per night for a 8 people dom seems too expansive anyway. Upper deck is horrible. Female staffs are not very helpful, the security guy at the lobby is much more friendly and nice then the staffs there. The kitchen is very small, you cannot cook probably. No enough space in the fridges. The cooking area just over its capacity. Crowd tables in the common room.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Hong Kong

I honestly have some strong positives and negatives about this place. First off, it's incredibly clean and it's in a reasonable area, but it is a 20 minute train ride away from the city. My frustration lies with the fact people in the hostel didn't want to interact with one another and it was probably the most antisocial place I've ever stayed. I've stayed in hostels alone plenty of times but never had such an issue connecting with people. People stayed at the hostel and never wanted to leave.

First time I've ever stayed in a hostel and I'm in my late 40's. Really enjoyed the experience. Staff friendly and helpful. Met lots of lovely people and got some good tips. Definitely recommend it

What stuck out to me: Everything was clean. I never had to wait to use a shower or toilet. I slept fine in a t-shirt and shorts with the blanket they put on the bed. Their kitchen has anything you'll need utensils-wise, but the fridge was full. It was like tetris to fit everything. The wi-fi was everywhere [room & common area]. It's not close to the city center, but it's a short walk from the metro. I loved staying here! The girls at the front desk were so nice and all the facilities were great.

I LOVED THIS HOSTEL! It had such a nice atmosphere with movies playing on the tv (in English) and lovely staff around too. It's quite far from the city centre but that doesn't matter because it's two minutes from a metro stop straight into the centre. Good communal area, kitchen, bathrooms, and dorm rooms. Wifi worked well, great price, and fun! :)

+ : we can see movie. cleaned. feel comfortable. cozy place! - : quite far from center

Very well maintained and a clean and a comfortable place to stay! The staff was nice The facilities were great, the bathrooms were clean, the interiors are just beautiful! The dorm was also great And the movie and book collection made it even better! Only one thing: The room was pretty expensive for one night. Although I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, I expected a more reasonable price :)

• 19th Jul 2015
  • India

Very clean. Not hard to get to, loved the atmosphere.

Movie nights were great. Staff was friendly and helpful. Only thing is the hostel is very out of the way

Close to a metro station (about 5-10 minute walk) which was good. Very clean excellent facilities. Terrible location, not a very nice neighbourhood and very very far out from city centre do not try and take a taxi here from the central station it costs a bomb. If you wanted to party and experience Amsterdam like we did it wasn't great as metro doesn't run after 12. Night bus is available but takes 45 minutes to get home! Great for girls travelling on their own here for the museums etc.

This was my first hostel experience and Hostelle was perfect. It was very quiet and everyone was friendly and respectful of each other. I would only say it would be better if it was closer to the center.

• 11th Jul 2015

I wasn't expecting the hostel to be so far from the city center. The security was good as there was always a guard on duty at the reception desk on the first floor. The receptionists in the hostel were minimally helpful. The kitchen was nice to have. The atmosphere wasn't all that inviting, although the lounge area was decorated nicely.

I love this hostel. I was skeptic before booking and arriving since I've had bad experiences in other hostels, but Hostelle changed this. The atmosphere is excellent. It's cozy and secure. I totally recommend it and if I return to Amsterdam with my girl friends, I'd totally stay there again.

• 7th Jul 2015

Super far outside of city center. 45 minute bike ride and a 20 minute metro ride. The staff seemed to be new and wasn't quite sure how to handle a lot of situations but they were still very nice. But splurge on the extra cash to stay closer to town, especially if you want to rent a bike for a couple of days. Also, they hand out maps that they're not even on so if you don't have a phone and rely on that you're screwed.

Hostelle was a bit far from the city center (25 min by train), but easy to access and surrounding area was nice. It was incredibly hot when I was there, and the hostel bedrooms got uncomfortable- I understand that this is not normal, but I thought I was going to melt! The staff was helpful, but not overly friendly and it was very clean! As a single female backpacker, I found the other guests less friendly than at other hostels. I would recommend for groups, but not those traveling alone.

Loved the girliness and that everything was so clean, yet very far from the center

• 29th Jun 2015