Hostelle - Female Only Hostel Reviews

Frankemaheerd 2, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel is not a place for you to meet fellow solo travellers however it is a safe hostel with great staff. The place was very clean and the beds were comfortable, it's definitely a place I would go again when I'm in Amsterdam. It's only like a 15 minute metro ride from the city centre so it's not too far.

• 23rd Jan 2016

Good hostel, friendly staff, great comunication with públicpúblic transport.

Nice clean hostel! Very friendly staff always willing to help out :) not too close to the centre. Come here if you're looking for a calm place to stay. If you're going on a holiday with lots of partying and clubbing I recommend staying more in the centre. However overall I enjoyed my stay very much :)

• 20th Jan 2016

Awesome thing: Porter downstairs, upstairs has a book-swap, things-swap, affordable rental bikes with flowers on them, board games, films, a good hang-out lounge and a kitchen (coffee, and tea, most awesomely, are for free!). The staff was very nice - I was allowed to leave my bags there for both days surrounding the night I stayed. The place is clean and tidy, and it felt very much like a modern all girls boarding school without a curfew ;)

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Austria

Hostelle was very clean and safe but unlike other hostels I've stayed at, the staff was not helpful or happy. She lady at the front desk never even smiled. She made me feel like a burden to the hostel! Hopefully that wasn't a typical experience there.

• 13th Nov 2015

I think that the improvements to be done very simple. Carpets,larger hangs outside the showers, and a disposal to put shampoo, soap and moisturizer inside the showers .Individual lights and spots in each bed. I love the cleaning, safety and calm atmosphere . I definitely recommend it!

A great, safe place for lone female travelers. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

• 5th Nov 2015

The security of the dorm is pretty weak.the password is the same and rust so is easy to guess. I even lost my eye shadow from the hostel. I bet some traveller have taken it. The room and bathroom are clean and it is close to metro. There is not enough outlet to charge your phones, please be prepare if you are staying here.

Great hostel, very friendly and helpful staff.

Very nice place n good location,.. especially for woman only.. never thought that it is actually exist

In an accessible location.. Friendly staff...

• 9th Oct 2015
  • India

Not a hostel for meeting other young travelers. Everyone was very quiet and reserved, even in the common areas. There are lockers in the room, but they're too small even for a medium sized backpack. The doors to the room don't always lock properly either. The bunk beds are very rickety and made of metal so they're pretty noisy. The hostel does clean the bathrooms every morning, but they seem to do it right when everyone is trying to shower. Too expensive for the experience we had.

Hostel was really clean and staff were super lovely! Showers had plenty of room, dorms had good security and kitchen was useful. Would prefer being closer to the city centre though once you were at the Metro you could be in the city in under 20 minutes.

Best hostel we have stayed at during our tree week trip in Europe. Safe, clean, great kitchen, quiet.....

Lovely! :)

Cute hostel, bigger than it seems and was very full when I visited. Nice staff. CLEAN, updated and comfortable except for the beds! Worst bed on my 6 week Euro trip :( Sheets are comfortable but different mattresses are needed badly. Self serve kitchen tiny but functional. Loved the location, outside the city but near grocery, cinema, food/breakfast places, etc..Quiet/safe location with easy walk to transport. I liked staying somewhere away from the party hungry travelers.

Great facilities: lots of clean showers and toilets, decent-sized kitchen, great common area with a TV and "movies nights". This hostel was pretty accessible via public transit and night busses. However, I didn't find the staff to be very friendly as was also concerned that the night guard let me in the building a few times without making sure I was a guest... Seemed a bit unsafe since my room also did not lock properly.

Only stayed here one night, it was my first night in Amsterdam. The hostel itself was quite alright. The neighborhood it is in was a bit shifty. Not very easy to find either. Close to the metro though which was nice. The staff were very nice, the hostel was cute and girly. Didn't use the kitchen but saw a lot of other girls using it, looked good but small. Wifi worked well.

Perfect for shows in Amsterdam Arena, Ziggo Dome etc.

Nice hostel, liked the all female environment. Just wish there was more than 2 outlets in the room.

• 8th Sep 2015