Hostelle - Female Only Hostel Reviews

Frankemaheerd 2, Amsterdam, Netherlands

very clean, kind, good.

The hostel is new and clean. People there are quite nice, a really good choice for female travellers. However, hot water was extremely unstable. Their hot water runs out completely at night, when everybody needs a shower. This is a big problem and is really unacceptable. Also, they were unable to provide maps when I stayed there, but this is not a big issue compared to the hot water problem.

I had a good stay at Hostelle. The staff was friendly and had a good atmosphere. It was not an ideal location for sight seeing because it was very far from the city center. It took about 20 minutes on the metro to get to the city center. I would recommend this hostel to anyone going to a football match because it´s next to the stadium.

During the last night of our stay, it appears that a friend of mine "lost" her pijamas mysteriously. They haven't found them yet and apparently someone stole them. I was hoping that an incident as such would be avoided since the door has a security code and we have our own lockers; yet, it didn't. Secondly, the water was not always that warm; I understand it is a matter of how many people use the shower at the same time, still it must be solved.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Greece

I like the all-female hostel but the location is in a building that you might miss if you read the instructions.

The staff is helpful and nice. She helped me to print bus ticket. The bed is clean and quite comfortable.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Hong Kong

Cold showers in one of the bathrooms and there are only plugs at one side of the room

• 27th Feb 2015

I wish it was closer to the center.

• 26th Feb 2015

The Hostelle was absolutely amazing! The only possible complaint I had was that it was a bit farther away from the center than I would have liked that being said it was really easy to get in everyday and not overly expensive for transportation. Definitely worth it, an incredible experience

• 21st Feb 2015

I would highly recommend this hostel for those seeking for a calm and clean place to stay in Amsterdam. It is quite far from the city centre, however, there is no problem with public transportation from there. Staff is very helpful, hostel offers package tours on the reception and the atmosphere is very friendly. I will definitely stay there during my further trips to Amsterdam.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Kazakhstan

I thought it was very strange that a female-only hostel should be in a not great area (natives know this area as rough/sketchy). I personally never felt very uncomfortable, but girls that I stayed with did. The staff here are amazing and everything else about this place is cute and very nice. Would definitely recommend to stay here.

The Hostel is located close to Bijler ArenA metro station but it takes some time (20 min.) to get to central Amsterdam. We had the 2 pers. bedroom with ensuite bathroom. The offered towels were dirty and we found a bunch of black, knotted hair in the bed. We also had some trouble with the hot water (not available) and for that received a 10€ discount at the reception. The staff was quite friendly. The rooms interiour was freaking ugly(!) and old. One bed was extremely uncomfortable too.

• 13th Feb 2015

Friendly, clean, easy and straightforward. On a map, the location is deceiving. My party and I didn't realize how far of a commute in to the city Hostelle was. Only downside of the trip though!!

• 12th Feb 2015

My stay at Hostelle was great! I arrived at 6 am and the guard from the building lead me to the reception. Although it is a bit far away from downtown it is the perfect option if you are looking for a clean and tidy place. It has a very good atmosphere and you have tee or coffee any time you want. One of the receptionists wasn't that helpful when I asked here about how to get to the bus station. She didn't know where it was and didn't try to find out how to get there.

The hostel was amazing! Exceptionally clean rooms, showers toilets

• 9th Jan 2015

Even though quite far from central station, convenient transportation and clean, safe and cozy accomodation:-) I really liked it.

I liked the discounted tickets and free marshmallows and bikes for rent... that was very cosy. But the breakfast was lacking for what you pay, and the location is about 20 mins away on the train from Amsterdam. Still the staff were lovely and the decorations were gorgeous.

While Hostelle is not situated at Centraal Station, it's only 20 minutes by train. The hostel was all clean, really new and pretty. I felt really calm and safe there (no worrying about food getting stolen!), nothing negative to say. The Lidl 1-2 minutes away is also a plus. A really good choice all around if you don't want to be in the noisy city.

ホステルはAmsterdam centraal駅からは徒歩は地下鉄M54で20分弱、Schiphol駅からはintercityで約10分、最寄り駅のBijimer ArenA駅からは徒歩5分くらい。 ホステル自体がビルの4階にあるので、少し見つけにくい。近くにスーパーがあるので便利。 部屋は清潔で各ベッドに棚と貴重品用のロッカーが完備されており、鍵は受付で貸してくれる。シャワー、トイレ、洗面所はおしゃれで掃除が行き届いてた。有料でタオルの貸出しと朝食のサービスもある。 付で貸出ししている。ベッドがコンセントから遠かったので、

the beds were extremely uncomfortable and you felt every movement of the person on the same bunk as you. the locker is useless and the lock on the door is a code lock and not very reliable.

• 6th Dec 2014