Hostelle - Female Only Hostel Reviews

Frankemaheerd 2, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel is easily one of the nicest that i have ever set food into, it was relatively easy too find and with the instructions offered on the website which was really nice as sometimes hostels and even hotels are impossible to find. The check-in times meant that i lost some hours in the city, which was not so nice but staff were really accommodating. it was perfect that the hostel offered a padlock for the locker. clean and expensive compared to other cities but average price for this city.

• 14th Jul 2014

Hostelle is outside of the city centre but very easy to get to via the metro. We were there for 2 nights so we bought a 48 hour metro pass for €12 which is very reasonable. Lockers were not big enough to fit our bags in but big enough to fit valuables if you unpack bags. Hostel felt very anti social unfortunately but might have been because WC final was on. Very clean bathrooms. Wifi was picked up throughout hostel.Would stay there again

The hostel is located too far from the citycenter. To come back after midnight you gotta take the nightbus that takes at least one hour!!! Moreover the surrounding doesn't seem to be save. A little bit rediculous for a female hostel! Especially when you are travellig alone.

It IS a great hostel but I expected more for that price. The place was really clean, so were the bathrooms.The staff were great, they helped you whenever they can. The kitchen was really small but the free coffee wws excelent! What could be better is the atmosphere, the comunal dinner is a great idea but if good traveling atmosphere is what this hostel wants then they should not put small tables. They should put a big one so you are forced to talk to other girls!

Upon arriving, my first impressions were it's located in a secure building with a security guard / concierge as soon as you enter. It's on the 4th floor and the main area is quite spacious and bright, which I really enjoyed. Each room was clean, warm (cozy), and had little lockers to stow your stuff away for the day. They provided locks for you. Wifi is fast. Kitchen available. Honestly, the place made me feel like home. Hostel perfect for my Sensation White Party, just 5 min walk to the ArenA.

First time traveling alone so I went with this all female hostel and honestly, I'm glad I did! It was clean and friendly. The room was a bit small but honestly I was only there to sleep so it was perfect! A bit far from the center of the city, but the public transportation made it easy to travel back and forth! Definitely coming back and staying here :)

• 2nd Jul 2014

The hostel is lovely. The location weighs up against the price factor, despite being outside the main areas of Amsterdam the fact that even including the price of day travel tickets, it is still cheaper than most inner city hostels. I would have preferred if they provided towels instead of having to purchase one. Also my only real negative comment is that I think they have a problem with bedbugs, both I and my friend were covered in small bites after our stay.

• 19th Jun 2014

It's very comfortable and beautiful. The atmosphere was so nice. I loved it.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Spain

I feel comfortable to stay since there are only girls. There are enough toilet and bathroom, although it is shared by whole hostel. There is a small kitchen, but you can find all you needed. The staff is nice and passion. The bed is clean and has own shelf. I am not happy about some people talk so loud in the room during I am sleeping (around 12pm-1am), it is very annoying.

We loved the lady in charge of the whole place who gave us lots of books on what the Dutch don't like haha. And the whole idea in general is really wonderful we really enjoyed our stay there.

• 11th Jun 2014

great hostel :) But a bit confused when i was looking for the hostel cation. They havr to put sign ot whatever :)

Just for girls,the stuff is warm and helpful,clean and sweet place,a little expensive,but it´s worth to stay here,By the way,Amsterdam is full of fun,I ´ll come back again.

The staff was excellent and very friendly. The only negative thing was that the hostel was located outside Amsterdam, which means you had to take public transport to Amsterdam everyday (though the station was only 8-10 min walking but the ticket cost quite a little expensive compared to other cities). The facilities were really good as well. However, remember not to take a shower after midnight if the hotel is full, cause when I did there was no hot water left :(.

• 15th May 2014
  • Vietnam

the girls I've stayed with for three nights are impolite, they turn off the lights without asking and they make very loud noise in the morning!

This hostel is perfect for a couple nights to yourself or for the ladies. Clean, comfortable and homely. The only problem is it's pretty far from the city centre... About 20 minutes by metro. However, this is only really a problem if you're hoping to go out at night (as the metro stops running at 12:30. There is a night bus but it takes about 50 minutes.) Otherwise, a decent (and comparatively cheap) choice for your stay in Amsterdam.

From airport take train to Centraal station. Hop on metro (54 Gein), get off at Bijlmer ArenA stop. Go down escalator and exit building straight ahead. Go out what seems to be the back way and veer to the left along the outside of the building ahead. Zig right along bldg, go up an incline, continue walking until you see a yellow sign indicating the address. Follow the 2 in the address and you should find the hostell. There is a circular, staircase involved. We purchased a 3 day metro pass.

Frankly, it was rather pricey. The location is handy for getting to and from the airport, which is probably why I booked there (or maybe there wasn't anything else available, I don't remember), but not for the city. Though transit is fine. Breakfast was fine. I know two words in Dutch, ontbijt and pfannkuchen, and I ate both of them.

worth for price.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Sri Lanka

a bit far from downtown but very nice to stay there.

I was very pleased with my stay. It was clean, well run, and an excellent value for the money. I was traveling alone and found this to be a good option. The atmosphere was friendly and quiet. The location was an easy 15 minute ride from central station . If you buy the 24 hour metro pass for 7.50 Euros you can utilize the train, trams, and buses to get anywhere in the city. I would NOT recommend coming in after dark alone from the station. It has a very isolated feel once the shops close.