Hostelle - Female Only Hostel Reviews

Frankemaheerd 2, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Was ok, not amazing. There main area is really nice tho. And all female is great too

Staff were very friendly and helpful, the bedrooms and bathrooms were very clean. The hostel facilities were very modern I would stay there again. Only a 15 minute tram ride from the centre of Amsterdam, situated next to a shopping centre, good places to eat.

• 8th May 2015

Overall is a great hostel. Very suitable for girls who are planning travel alone. There is recommation on facilities: hostel can add some bed side lights as it isl not convenient when the light of room turns off and there is only one light in one room and it was a bit dim

• 4th May 2015
  • China

i like the idea of a female ONLY hostel! i felt comfortable here. the bathroom and toilet are clean. wifi is good. but it's a but pricey during the period i stayed.

very clean, kind, good.

The hostel is new and clean. People there are quite nice, a really good choice for female travellers. However, hot water was extremely unstable. Their hot water runs out completely at night, when everybody needs a shower. This is a big problem and is really unacceptable. Also, they were unable to provide maps when I stayed there, but this is not a big issue compared to the hot water problem.

I had a good stay at Hostelle. The staff was friendly and had a good atmosphere. It was not an ideal location for sight seeing because it was very far from the city center. It took about 20 minutes on the metro to get to the city center. I would recommend this hostel to anyone going to a football match because it´s next to the stadium.

During the last night of our stay, it appears that a friend of mine "lost" her pijamas mysteriously. They haven't found them yet and apparently someone stole them. I was hoping that an incident as such would be avoided since the door has a security code and we have our own lockers; yet, it didn't. Secondly, the water was not always that warm; I understand it is a matter of how many people use the shower at the same time, still it must be solved.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Greece

I like the all-female hostel but the location is in a building that you might miss if you read the instructions.

The staff is helpful and nice. She helped me to print bus ticket. The bed is clean and quite comfortable.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Hong Kong

Cold showers in one of the bathrooms and there are only plugs at one side of the room

• 27th Feb 2015

I wish it was closer to the center.

• 26th Feb 2015

The Hostelle was absolutely amazing! The only possible complaint I had was that it was a bit farther away from the center than I would have liked that being said it was really easy to get in everyday and not overly expensive for transportation. Definitely worth it, an incredible experience

• 21st Feb 2015

I would highly recommend this hostel for those seeking for a calm and clean place to stay in Amsterdam. It is quite far from the city centre, however, there is no problem with public transportation from there. Staff is very helpful, hostel offers package tours on the reception and the atmosphere is very friendly. I will definitely stay there during my further trips to Amsterdam.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Kazakhstan

I thought it was very strange that a female-only hostel should be in a not great area (natives know this area as rough/sketchy). I personally never felt very uncomfortable, but girls that I stayed with did. The staff here are amazing and everything else about this place is cute and very nice. Would definitely recommend to stay here.

The Hostel is located close to Bijler ArenA metro station but it takes some time (20 min.) to get to central Amsterdam. We had the 2 pers. bedroom with ensuite bathroom. The offered towels were dirty and we found a bunch of black, knotted hair in the bed. We also had some trouble with the hot water (not available) and for that received a 10€ discount at the reception. The staff was quite friendly. The rooms interiour was freaking ugly(!) and old. One bed was extremely uncomfortable too.

• 13th Feb 2015

Friendly, clean, easy and straightforward. On a map, the location is deceiving. My party and I didn't realize how far of a commute in to the city Hostelle was. Only downside of the trip though!!

• 12th Feb 2015

My stay at Hostelle was great! I arrived at 6 am and the guard from the building lead me to the reception. Although it is a bit far away from downtown it is the perfect option if you are looking for a clean and tidy place. It has a very good atmosphere and you have tee or coffee any time you want. One of the receptionists wasn't that helpful when I asked here about how to get to the bus station. She didn't know where it was and didn't try to find out how to get there.

The hostel was amazing! Exceptionally clean rooms, showers toilets

• 9th Jan 2015

Even though quite far from central station, convenient transportation and clean, safe and cozy accomodation:-) I really liked it.