Hostelle - Female Only Hostel Reviews

Frankemaheerd 2, Amsterdam, Netherlands

great hostel :) But a bit confused when i was looking for the hostel cation. They havr to put sign ot whatever :)

Just for girls,the stuff is warm and helpful,clean and sweet place,a little expensive,but it´s worth to stay here,By the way,Amsterdam is full of fun,I ´ll come back again.

The staff was excellent and very friendly. The only negative thing was that the hostel was located outside Amsterdam, which means you had to take public transport to Amsterdam everyday (though the station was only 8-10 min walking but the ticket cost quite a little expensive compared to other cities). The facilities were really good as well. However, remember not to take a shower after midnight if the hotel is full, cause when I did there was no hot water left :(.

• 15th May 2014
  • Vietnam

the girls I've stayed with for three nights are impolite, they turn off the lights without asking and they make very loud noise in the morning!

This hostel is perfect for a couple nights to yourself or for the ladies. Clean, comfortable and homely. The only problem is it's pretty far from the city centre... About 20 minutes by metro. However, this is only really a problem if you're hoping to go out at night (as the metro stops running at 12:30. There is a night bus but it takes about 50 minutes.) Otherwise, a decent (and comparatively cheap) choice for your stay in Amsterdam.

From airport take train to Centraal station. Hop on metro (54 Gein), get off at Bijlmer ArenA stop. Go down escalator and exit building straight ahead. Go out what seems to be the back way and veer to the left along the outside of the building ahead. Zig right along bldg, go up an incline, continue walking until you see a yellow sign indicating the address. Follow the 2 in the address and you should find the hostell. There is a circular, staircase involved. We purchased a 3 day metro pass.

Frankly, it was rather pricey. The location is handy for getting to and from the airport, which is probably why I booked there (or maybe there wasn't anything else available, I don't remember), but not for the city. Though transit is fine. Breakfast was fine. I know two words in Dutch, ontbijt and pfannkuchen, and I ate both of them.

worth for price.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Sri Lanka

a bit far from downtown but very nice to stay there.

I was very pleased with my stay. It was clean, well run, and an excellent value for the money. I was traveling alone and found this to be a good option. The atmosphere was friendly and quiet. The location was an easy 15 minute ride from central station . If you buy the 24 hour metro pass for 7.50 Euros you can utilize the train, trams, and buses to get anywhere in the city. I would NOT recommend coming in after dark alone from the station. It has a very isolated feel once the shops close.

Shower rooms and toilets are always clean. It takes 15mins from central of amsterdam by metro, but it doesnt matter. The hostel is really nice and good security. Also there is a big supermarket near the hostel. It was convinient. I will visit this hostel again next time.

I really liked this place. It's not downtown or anything but in Amsterdam that doesn't matter, since it's a few blocks from the train station.

It'very comfortable hostel and friendly atmosphera, it' only 15 minutes from centre by metro.

• 5th Mar 2014

The hostel is at 15min by metro which is nice if you want to see more than just the city centre. The staff was a delight. Very nice and professional, they helped us for our visits in the centre. The rooms are password-locked + they lend a padlock for valuable things. We were in a 4 bedroom which was nice and fully decorated just like the washrooms ;) On the week-end, there are lots of girls so it's actually fun to stay in the evening. We really liked our 3 nights stay!!

1 2 Next » last »