Hostelle - Female Only Hostel Reviews

Frankemaheerd 2, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel is lovely. The location weighs up against the price factor, despite being outside the main areas of Amsterdam the fact that even including the price of day travel tickets, it is still cheaper than most inner city hostels. I would have preferred if they provided towels instead of having to purchase one. Also my only real negative comment is that I think they have a problem with bedbugs, both I and my friend were covered in small bites after our stay.

• 19th Jun 2014

It's very comfortable and beautiful. The atmosphere was so nice. I loved it.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Spain

I feel comfortable to stay since there are only girls. There are enough toilet and bathroom, although it is shared by whole hostel. There is a small kitchen, but you can find all you needed. The staff is nice and passion. The bed is clean and has own shelf. I am not happy about some people talk so loud in the room during I am sleeping (around 12pm-1am), it is very annoying.

We loved the lady in charge of the whole place who gave us lots of books on what the Dutch don't like haha. And the whole idea in general is really wonderful we really enjoyed our stay there.

• 11th Jun 2014

great hostel :) But a bit confused when i was looking for the hostel cation. They havr to put sign ot whatever :)

Just for girls,the stuff is warm and helpful,clean and sweet place,a little expensive,but it´s worth to stay here,By the way,Amsterdam is full of fun,I ´ll come back again.

The staff was excellent and very friendly. The only negative thing was that the hostel was located outside Amsterdam, which means you had to take public transport to Amsterdam everyday (though the station was only 8-10 min walking but the ticket cost quite a little expensive compared to other cities). The facilities were really good as well. However, remember not to take a shower after midnight if the hotel is full, cause when I did there was no hot water left :(.

• 15th May 2014
  • Vietnam

the girls I've stayed with for three nights are impolite, they turn off the lights without asking and they make very loud noise in the morning!

This hostel is perfect for a couple nights to yourself or for the ladies. Clean, comfortable and homely. The only problem is it's pretty far from the city centre... About 20 minutes by metro. However, this is only really a problem if you're hoping to go out at night (as the metro stops running at 12:30. There is a night bus but it takes about 50 minutes.) Otherwise, a decent (and comparatively cheap) choice for your stay in Amsterdam.

From airport take train to Centraal station. Hop on metro (54 Gein), get off at Bijlmer ArenA stop. Go down escalator and exit building straight ahead. Go out what seems to be the back way and veer to the left along the outside of the building ahead. Zig right along bldg, go up an incline, continue walking until you see a yellow sign indicating the address. Follow the 2 in the address and you should find the hostell. There is a circular, staircase involved. We purchased a 3 day metro pass.

Frankly, it was rather pricey. The location is handy for getting to and from the airport, which is probably why I booked there (or maybe there wasn't anything else available, I don't remember), but not for the city. Though transit is fine. Breakfast was fine. I know two words in Dutch, ontbijt and pfannkuchen, and I ate both of them.

worth for price.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Sri Lanka

a bit far from downtown but very nice to stay there.

I was very pleased with my stay. It was clean, well run, and an excellent value for the money. I was traveling alone and found this to be a good option. The atmosphere was friendly and quiet. The location was an easy 15 minute ride from central station . If you buy the 24 hour metro pass for 7.50 Euros you can utilize the train, trams, and buses to get anywhere in the city. I would NOT recommend coming in after dark alone from the station. It has a very isolated feel once the shops close.

1 2 Next » last »