Hostelle - Female Only Hostel Reviews

Frankemaheerd 2, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good place, very clean. Location not so convenient,you have to take the metro to get there.(takes about 20 mins)

Cute atmosphere had movie nights and the staff were really helpful! Dorms were a little bit small but huge common room area made up for it. Also had clean showers and toilet facilities. Not in the centre of Amsterdam but around a ten minute journey so not too bad!

Not a very good location, as you have to take the tube for 20 min to get to the city center. Best thing was easily the lovely and very nice staff. Rooms very average as were the facilities, tidiness ok.

Really really nice hostel. I travelled alone and it was so easy to meet people: there's a really nice, big social lounge and kitchen area. Friendly atmosphere. Staff are lovely. Free sweets! Loads of funky girlie decoration everywhere. A less than 5 min walk to Lidl which has a lot of food options. Felt very safe. Bathrooms are cleaned every day.

Had to get on a train to visit the centre of Amsterdam. The staff were super friendly. The atmosphere wasnt great as it was female only which was kind of weird.

Clean and tidy. Though place really lacked atmosphere. The girls just kept to themselves

This hostel is easily one of the nicest that i have ever set food into, it was relatively easy too find and with the instructions offered on the website which was really nice as sometimes hostels and even hotels are impossible to find. The check-in times meant that i lost some hours in the city, which was not so nice but staff were really accommodating. it was perfect that the hostel offered a padlock for the locker. clean and expensive compared to other cities but average price for this city.

• 14th Jul 2014

Hostelle is outside of the city centre but very easy to get to via the metro. We were there for 2 nights so we bought a 48 hour metro pass for €12 which is very reasonable. Lockers were not big enough to fit our bags in but big enough to fit valuables if you unpack bags. Hostel felt very anti social unfortunately but might have been because WC final was on. Very clean bathrooms. Wifi was picked up throughout hostel.Would stay there again

A but far out of the center but very accessible via the metro. Everything else was fantastic

The hostel is located too far from the citycenter. To come back after midnight you gotta take the nightbus that takes at least one hour!!! Moreover the surrounding doesn't seem to be save. A little bit rediculous for a female hostel! Especially when you are travellig alone.

It IS a great hostel but I expected more for that price. The place was really clean, so were the bathrooms.The staff were great, they helped you whenever they can. The kitchen was really small but the free coffee wws excelent! What could be better is the atmosphere, the comunal dinner is a great idea but if good traveling atmosphere is what this hostel wants then they should not put small tables. They should put a big one so you are forced to talk to other girls!

Fantastic hostel, would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind using the train to get into city center. Not really ideal if you want to stay out late at night as taxis are quite expensive once train stops working at 11.30pm. Otherwise loved my time there, would definitely stay again

Upon arriving, my first impressions were it's located in a secure building with a security guard / concierge as soon as you enter. It's on the 4th floor and the main area is quite spacious and bright, which I really enjoyed. Each room was clean, warm (cozy), and had little lockers to stow your stuff away for the day. They provided locks for you. Wifi is fast. Kitchen available. Honestly, the place made me feel like home. Hostel perfect for my Sensation White Party, just 5 min walk to the ArenA.

First time traveling alone so I went with this all female hostel and honestly, I'm glad I did! It was clean and friendly. The room was a bit small but honestly I was only there to sleep so it was perfect! A bit far from the center of the city, but the public transportation made it easy to travel back and forth! Definitely coming back and staying here :)

This hostel was brilliant. It is a little bit out of the city centre, around 10mins on the train but it is right next to a station. Great atmosphere, brilliant and friendly staff. The common room was very spacious and you could watch DVDs and TV, use the communal computer. The staff were very helpful giving us free maps and advice on where to go in the city. One of my favourite hostels from my trip (5 weeks), I would definitely go back again.

The hostel is lovely. The location weighs up against the price factor, despite being outside the main areas of Amsterdam the fact that even including the price of day travel tickets, it is still cheaper than most inner city hostels. I would have preferred if they provided towels instead of having to purchase one. Also my only real negative comment is that I think they have a problem with bedbugs, both I and my friend were covered in small bites after our stay.

• 19th Jun 2014

It's very comfortable and beautiful. The atmosphere was so nice. I loved it.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Spain

I feel comfortable to stay since there are only girls. There are enough toilet and bathroom, although it is shared by whole hostel. There is a small kitchen, but you can find all you needed. The staff is nice and passion. The bed is clean and has own shelf. I am not happy about some people talk so loud in the room during I am sleeping (around 12pm-1am), it is very annoying.

We loved the lady in charge of the whole place who gave us lots of books on what the Dutch don't like haha. And the whole idea in general is really wonderful we really enjoyed our stay there.

• 11th Jun 2014

great hostel :) But a bit confused when i was looking for the hostel cation. They havr to put sign ot whatever :)