Hostelle - Female Only Hostel Reviews

Frankemaheerd 2, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel was miles from nowhere on the fourth floor of what appears to be an office block. It isn't easy to find. Secondly, they don't hire towels. They sell them, adding 5EU to the already substantial accommodation bill. Finally, the shower blocks to which I was assigned had only tepid to lukewarm water - not something you need on an early winter's morning somewhere miles away from Amsterdam. Overall the hostel had a very institutional atmosphere. It wasn't comfortable.

• 8th Feb 2014

I enjoyed my 2 nights stay at the hostel. It was easy to find as I followed the direction given at the hostelle's website. The room was small but the bed was very comfortable. Though there wasn't any socket available in the room so I had to charge my phone in the living room. Everybody does that I think. Maybe they want us to be socialized with other visitors and we did! It was a nice stay

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Malaysia

Though the location wasnt good, it takes 10-15 minutes to reach the city center by the metro near the hostel. Staff is so helpful and i liked their approach. Maybe it would be better if there were more toilets but all in all i recommend hostelle people who are looking for cheap and safe hostel

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Turkey

it is a comfortable place. they have city guide boks on shelves, a tv inwaiting room and a kitchen. but refrigirator should be cleaned more often.

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Turkey

Great hostel if all your looking for is a bed to sleep and somewhere to leave your things. Staff where great and it is a cute well decorated clean hostel, its just far out of the city centre. You need to either get a train or bus unfortunately!

Great place. It is far from downtown, but worth it! Loved staying there!

Far from the center, but with food market and other stores around. Nice place to stay, but the wifi was poor. Warm beds but squeaky... It was worth the money...

This is a new hostel only for female. bit far from the central Amsterdam. but the hostel is really really pretty. cute toilets (hello kitty theme lol), nice kitchen, nice environment, spacious. My room was really awesome. I love this hostel.

they had everything. full kitchen that you could use. great bathrooms.

shower was disgusting, and the beds where too noisy.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. A little far from center but worth the metro ride to and from. Definitely worth the money for the stay. Very clean. Would recommend anyone to stay there! So far my favorite hostel I've stayed in. Will definitely stay here again on my next visit and looking for other hostelles everywhere I travel to.

I thought the hostel was really nice and very good value for money, good links into town and close to the station. The facilities were good and the hostel was clean. Would recommend

• 19th Nov 2013

I loved my stay in Amsterdam last weekend, and this hostel was a key part of that. Friendly staff, comfortable beds, chill atmosphere, and delicious breakfast (costs extra).

security is good in the sense of they provide lockers and locks; bad in the sense of people can just come in and out of the hostel without anything really.

The hostel is not in the city centre, but the connection is good. So you can stay in a nice and chilly hostel for an affordable price and enjoy the great city of Amsterdam.

Staff was really friendly. :) But showers were a bit dirty.

One of the best hostel experiences I've ever had. It felt more like a hotel actually. Friendly and open and the staff were impeccable. I would immediately recommend this to a female friend staying in Amsterdam. The location was a bit difficult to locate at first, but after that everything exceeded my expectations.

I arrived after 22.00 but the security guy checked me in. A few people were already asleep so i couldnt turn on the light. I left early in the morning so didnt see a lot of the hostel.

After a long ride overseas from London we were so tired and the female only hostel was a great idea. It's super quiet and right next to the shopping center. The shopping center has a grocery store, outdoor mall, and is about a 10 minute walk to the metro/train station. The staff is super nice and helpful. I could have done without the breakfast though, considering the grocery store is right around the corner just to save money. Pub crawl was fun. I'd definitely stay here again!

I couldn't find the hostel and had to stop and ask for directions, it's a little tucked away. Since I had gotten lost, I was a little late for check in but the guy sitting at the desk in the lobby took me to my room and bed but there was already stuff in the lockers underneath. Later some girls came in claiming I was in their bed when really, the lobby guy gave them the wrong room....making the door code more known. The nights were like huge middle school sleep overs which was kinda fun