Hostelle - Female Only Hostel Reviews

Frankemaheerd 2, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I thought the hostel was really nice and very good value for money, good links into town and close to the station. The facilities were good and the hostel was clean. Would recommend

• 19th Nov 2013

I loved my stay in Amsterdam last weekend, and this hostel was a key part of that. Friendly staff, comfortable beds, chill atmosphere, and delicious breakfast (costs extra).

security is good in the sense of they provide lockers and locks; bad in the sense of people can just come in and out of the hostel without anything really.

The hostel is not in the city centre, but the connection is good. So you can stay in a nice and chilly hostel for an affordable price and enjoy the great city of Amsterdam.

Staff was really friendly. :) But showers were a bit dirty.

One of the best hostel experiences I've ever had. It felt more like a hotel actually. Friendly and open and the staff were impeccable. I would immediately recommend this to a female friend staying in Amsterdam. The location was a bit difficult to locate at first, but after that everything exceeded my expectations.

I arrived after 22.00 but the security guy checked me in. A few people were already asleep so i couldnt turn on the light. I left early in the morning so didnt see a lot of the hostel.

After a long ride overseas from London we were so tired and the female only hostel was a great idea. It's super quiet and right next to the shopping center. The shopping center has a grocery store, outdoor mall, and is about a 10 minute walk to the metro/train station. The staff is super nice and helpful. I could have done without the breakfast though, considering the grocery store is right around the corner just to save money. Pub crawl was fun. I'd definitely stay here again!

I couldn't find the hostel and had to stop and ask for directions, it's a little tucked away. Since I had gotten lost, I was a little late for check in but the guy sitting at the desk in the lobby took me to my room and bed but there was already stuff in the lockers underneath. Later some girls came in claiming I was in their bed when really, the lobby guy gave them the wrong room....making the door code more known. The nights were like huge middle school sleep overs which was kinda fun

Hostel really difficult to find. There was no signalization and we had to guess it was inside the building. If you are looking for it in the middle of the night it might get really confusing. Nevertheless, the atomsphere in the hostel was really nice, staff was really nice and everything was really clean. There were a lot of facilities for girls, which was awesome. The only thing I really didn't like is that anybody visiting the building could enter the hostel, which is not so nice for security.

Lovely place to stay, great atmosphere! The locations is really the only problem, but if you buy the ticket for using public transport all day, it doesn't matter. And the wifi only works on the common area. Despite that, everything was pretty fine!

Hostel was nice and there were all necessary facilities. We didn't take breakfast because we got more in the same price (5€) when we made it ourselves. It took about 30 minutes to central station , but hostel was near train and metro station so it wasn't a big thing. Overall, Hostelle is good choice.

Just one night spent at the hostel, but a very good night ! Nice staff, warm atmosphere...feel like home. The only two disadvantages I see : it's not in the town center (but in 15min by metro so it's cool), and the breakfast is not included.

• 28th Sep 2013

This is one of the best hostels i've ever stayed. The atmosphere is very relaxed and friendly, the receptionists are all very helpful and kitchen facilities are very good. You have a big tv and lots of movies and women magazines, bathrooms are ok and rooms too. Hostel is 25 minutes away from city centre, but if you buy a day ticket for transport (we bought 3day ticket and it costed around 16 euros which is quite cheap) it isn't so bad. Few steps away from hostel is Lidl (cheap food).

Very friendly staff, beautifully designed rooms, super-comfy beds! I recommend putting a mirror in each room though, its a bit cramped sharing one in the bathroom. Also, charging for towels is a bit much, it would be better to have a deposit system. It was so nice to be able to borrow any of the books and guides whenever we wanted. I would definitely return here!

Really basic, but the price is right. Not in the city center, but close public transport and quiet area. Good female vibe, really nice staff.

i really liked the idea of an all female hostel; much more relaxed and laid back atmosphere: could wear your comfy clothes: no loud guy noises: need to oil those very squeaky door hinges; esp room 4: a little stool in the shower to put stuff on would be nice:

The hostel staff were very good, and the facilities are quite clean. It's a 15 minute subway ride into the city, which isn't bad. The location gives you a better idea of what a 'normal' (non-touristy) neighborhood in Amsterdam looks like.

A lovely hostel, the location is just a 15 minute train ride away from the city centre. With supermarkets and shops on your doorstep. A quiet, friendly atmosphere. Thanks Maria in particular, you were always friendly and smiley!

I liked most things about this hostel, people were nice, and it was relatively quiet. People were not overly talkative, which is fine if you don't want to meet people or want a lively atmosphere. But the area is dodgy at night and I would not recommend staying there alone. Otherwise, its nice, clean and good value for money. I might stay there again if I had another person with me, as I ended up spending a lot of money on a taxi to take me to the door step at night. Cheers, :)

• 25th Aug 2013