Hostelle - Female Only Hostel Reviews

Frankemaheerd 2, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I liked most things about this hostel, people were nice, and it was relatively quiet. People were not overly talkative, which is fine if you don't want to meet people or want a lively atmosphere. But the area is dodgy at night and I would not recommend staying there alone. Otherwise, its nice, clean and good value for money. I might stay there again if I had another person with me, as I ended up spending a lot of money on a taxi to take me to the door step at night. Cheers, :)

• 25th Aug 2013

Very clean and friendly, but in the middle of nowhere. The staff is friendly and constantly working hard, which is nice, except that it is nearly impossible to cook as one of them is always cleaning the kitchen. Literally every single time someone was trying to prepare food a staff member was in the very small kitchen putting away the dishes one tries to cook with. A kind gesture but it got a little overbearing. As far as location goes, it really is out of the way, but extremely safe/quiet.

The hostel had a nice atmosphere but it is located in a relatively bad neighbourhood (I mentioned to a local I was staying here and his reply was "and you haven't been stabbed yet?") so if you are traveling alone I would definitely advise against it. The rooms themselves are cheap but you have to pay for transportation into the city AND there is no free breakfast, so in the end it ends up being more money PLUS the inconvenience cause it is far away from town. Oh and a man works there (F hostel?)

Very clean and friendly staff. A little outside the city centre, but not difficult whatsoever to use the metro, each ride 1.80€. Staff was really helpful and friendly. Breakfast was great - fresh Gouda cheese was amazing. Felt really safe and cozy here, would definitely stay here again if I come back to amsterdam.

I really liked the place but it was too far from the city centre.

• 16th Aug 2013

Excellent facilities for girls to make hostel living more peasant: powerpoints by the mirrors and in the bedrooms, shelves and towel rails by each bed, lockers, balconies, spacious rooms. The only negatives are the location which is quite far from central Amsterdam (though easily accessible by public transport), and the lack of restaurant/bar facility on site (though there are such things very nearby). Good lounge/chill out space and lovely, helpful staff.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

hostelle had a really great atmosphere and i wish i couldve stayed here longer. it is a tad out of the way from the central part of amsterdam but it was cheap and veeeerrrry nice. no problem with bugs for us. breakfast is not included, wish it was, but it was still nice.

One of the nicest places I ever stayed!

It was a very good hostel with a nice atmosphere. Girls from recepstion were very friendly and the whole place was very clean

This hostel is really nice and the staff very helpfull. Each room has a code for the acces and individual lockers are available for each bed. The common facilities are clean and the atmosphere is good. Guides, books, a television and a computer are free for use. The wifi is really good. The breakfast is ok. The only little issue is the location a bit far from the center, it takes around 30min to get there. But the station is close and there are night buses running everyday.

Though this hostel is far from the centre of town, it's proximity to a grocery store, metro station and night bus stop make the location super convenient. Loved the common room and the fact that they had a ton of DVDs that you could watch - it was really like relaxing at home. The rooms are a bit tight and there's nowhere to put your big bags other than the floor, so it gets pretty messy and cramped in the rooms if they're full. Kitchen is likewise small and crowded, but it's well stocked.

The decorations and beds were lovely and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the one big thing letting down this hostel is the location. It is a bit expensive and a bit difficult to access the city centre and the area itself we were told is not the safest so if coming back at night (we were told to be aware by a local). Not the hostels fault but we felt everyone was more obsessed with the wifi rather than meeting people creating a less fun atmosphere.

A lovely hostel. I chose it because it was nearer to the airport and I had a early morning flight the next day so for me the location was good; however, I can understand that if you're exploring Amsterdam it might not be the best. The trip to the Centraal Station took about 30 minutes by train (and replacement bus). The staff were very friendly and helpful and there was a great atmosphere in the building. The only negative thing I have to say is that €5 for a towel is a bit much.

Lovely hostel, very safe and secure. Only downfall was that it was a little out from the main hustle and bustle of the city. However there is a major train station close by that will take you into the city centre in about 15 minutes.

• 25th Jul 2013

Very cute little place. Nice staff and atmosphere . Not a huge party hostel but I kinda liked that . Very relaxing stay in atsmerdam

Nice rooms and nice apartment in general. It was nice to be away from central downtown but the location was a bit far from the center. The people were friendly but the staff didn't know a lot of information such as prices and where and how to get to places. The price was decent for what you get: pretty nice beds with outlets, a kitchen with everything you need and a tv and internet. I would come here again.

• 20th Jul 2013

Everything was perfect but location.

• 18th Jul 2013
  • South Korea

Fantastic place. It felt like having a girls' slumber party with everyone watching the Dirty Dancing dvd in the common room. It was so clean and really refreshing to be in a girls only hostel. There was no worrying about who was going to snore or walking around in your nightwear and I loved the extra touches like the free sweets. The hostel isn't directly in the centre but it's still very easy to get to by train. I loved it!

The staffs are nice and helpful. But there is one thing. The lighting in room has been out of order since the day I arrived, but it still has not been fixed until the day I left, which is 4 days already. It is quite inconvenient.

The hostel was nice enough. I stayed for a night then switched to one that is downtown. It is really not located near the city center at all, I would suggest booking a hostel downtown to get a better experience of Amsterdam.