Hostelle - Female Only Hostel Reviews

Frankemaheerd 2, Amsterdam, Netherlands

very clean, kind, good.

The hostel is new and clean. People there are quite nice, a really good choice for female travellers. However, hot water was extremely unstable. Their hot water runs out completely at night, when everybody needs a shower. This is a big problem and is really unacceptable. Also, they were unable to provide maps when I stayed there, but this is not a big issue compared to the hot water problem.

I had a good stay at Hostelle. The staff was friendly and had a good atmosphere. It was not an ideal location for sight seeing because it was very far from the city center. It took about 20 minutes on the metro to get to the city center. I would recommend this hostel to anyone going to a football match because it´s next to the stadium.

During the last night of our stay, it appears that a friend of mine "lost" her pijamas mysteriously. They haven't found them yet and apparently someone stole them. I was hoping that an incident as such would be avoided since the door has a security code and we have our own lockers; yet, it didn't. Secondly, the water was not always that warm; I understand it is a matter of how many people use the shower at the same time, still it must be solved.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Greece

O hostel é mal localizado, longe do centro de Amsterdan... se vc planeja economizar, a localização nao ajuda, tem q pegar metro /trem!!! Dizia no site q teria café da manhã por €5, mas quando cheguei lá eles não estavam mais oferecendo esse serviço e ngm avisou... havia me planejado para comer lá, tive q me virar! A funcionária da recepção era um amor, muito prestativa, me ajudou com qualquer dúvida! Ah, ainda tive a ssurpresinha de roubarem a minha toalha de banho oO mas o hostel me deu outra!

Hostal alejado del centro pero bien comunicado por el metro. Servicios mínimos y limpieza adecuada, buen ambiente aunque no es propicio para conocer gente. Lo único malo es que el agua de la ducha estaba completamente fría.

Geweldig hostel met zeer vriendelijk personeel, geen lawaai snachts en de kamer was ook prima!

• 12th Mar 2015

I like the all-female hostel but the location is in a building that you might miss if you read the instructions.

위치가 그렇게좋은편은 아니지만 호스텔 자체가 여자만있어서그런지 편안하고~ 깔끔하고 잘되어있어요! 다만 저는 2층 침대엿는데 너무 삐그덕거려서 움직일수가없음...ㅎㅎ 직원분들도친절하고 간단히 조리하는공간도잇고! 좋았습니다 !

中心部からやや離れており、団地の1フロアという感じで分かりにくいので地図を確認しながら行くことをおすすめします。女性のみなので非常に安心感がありよかったです。

The staff is helpful and nice. She helped me to print bus ticket. The bed is clean and quite comfortable.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Hong Kong

Cold showers in one of the bathrooms and there are only plugs at one side of the room

• 27th Feb 2015

I wish it was closer to the center.

• 26th Feb 2015

The Hostelle was absolutely amazing! The only possible complaint I had was that it was a bit farther away from the center than I would have liked that being said it was really easy to get in everyday and not overly expensive for transportation. Definitely worth it, an incredible experience

• 21st Feb 2015

El sitio está genial, las habitaciones de 8 tienen espacio suficiente y estan limpias, la cocina muy bien equipada. Es agradable y calentito. El personal es bastante agradable y se esmeran si les pides información. Lo único malo es q para llegar al centro tienes que coger el metro y vale casi 3 euros, por lo demás repetiría sin duda!

I would highly recommend this hostel for those seeking for a calm and clean place to stay in Amsterdam. It is quite far from the city centre, however, there is no problem with public transportation from there. Staff is very helpful, hostel offers package tours on the reception and the atmosphere is very friendly. I will definitely stay there during my further trips to Amsterdam.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Kazakhstan

I thought it was very strange that a female-only hostel should be in a not great area (natives know this area as rough/sketchy). I personally never felt very uncomfortable, but girls that I stayed with did. The staff here are amazing and everything else about this place is cute and very nice. Would definitely recommend to stay here.

Em questão de infraestrutura e de atenção dos funcionários, o hostel tem uma boa qualidade. Mas deixa a desejar em localização, até o mercado é tranquilo andar mesmo com as lojas fechadas, mas quando está perto do hostel é deserto e escuro, sendo bem perigoso pra mulheres. E o café da manhã é caro e não tem muitas opções! Indico parcialmente, se não gostar de balada e não voltar depois que escurece e as lojas fecharam!

The Hostel is located close to Bijler ArenA metro station but it takes some time (20 min.) to get to central Amsterdam. We had the 2 pers. bedroom with ensuite bathroom. The offered towels were dirty and we found a bunch of black, knotted hair in the bed. We also had some trouble with the hot water (not available) and for that received a 10€ discount at the reception. The staff was quite friendly. The rooms interiour was freaking ugly(!) and old. One bed was extremely uncomfortable too.

• 13th Feb 2015

Friendly, clean, easy and straightforward. On a map, the location is deceiving. My party and I didn't realize how far of a commute in to the city Hostelle was. Only downside of the trip though!!

• 12th Feb 2015